HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

[XBOX] NHL 13 GM Connected League Part III - 2013 Free Agent Frenzy! 4 Teams Open

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2012, 10:35 PM
JUMBOcanuck

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
Rene Bourque scores in double overtime to win Game 2 for the Montreal Canadiens sending the series back to Quebec at 1-1.

Series will resume tomorrow, Highlights to come.
Great games, I was kicking myself for that terrible line change that allowed you to score that game winner.

Old
11-24-2012, 10:41 PM
Royal Canuck
#Shinkaruk4Calder

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUMBOcanuck View Post
Great games, I was kicking myself for that terrible line change that allowed you to score that game winner.
I made a few bad changes that lead to goals in both games.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
Xbox Live Gamertag: "CxC Canuck"
"Everybody says be a good loser; I think if you're a good loser, you're a loser. " - John Tortorella
Old
11-25-2012, 12:22 PM
ubiquitous
More like Shredder

vCash: 500
This is putting along rather pathetically.

Old
11-25-2012, 01:05 PM
Mdmopa1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubiquitous View Post
I agree, I feel as if the league will have a lot more inactive users this coming season

Old
11-25-2012, 01:11 PM
Mdmopa1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubiquitous View Post
I agree, I feel as if the league will have a lot more inactive users this coming season

Old
11-25-2012, 01:27 PM
JUMBOcanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdmopa1 View Post
I'm hoping to finish this off today, we should start games around 2pm.

Old
11-25-2012, 01:59 PM
Alexistheman

The PS3 group is almost in the exact same spot as us (SCF) and they started the playoffs at least a week later than us.

Old
11-25-2012, 06:47 PM
Inside McKenzie

Old
11-25-2012, 06:57 PM
JUMBOcanuck

Well, I'm done waiting. RC told me he would be around to play at 2 PM, he didn't show up till 3, then told me we could start at 4, and hasn't been back. This is ridiculous, I'm not wasting my whole day waiting to play these games.

Old
11-25-2012, 07:52 PM
Eddie Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUMBOcanuck View Post
Well, I'm done waiting. RC told me he would be around to play at 2 PM, he didn't show up till 3, then told me we could start at 4, and hasn't been back. This is ridiculous, I'm not wasting my whole day waiting to play these games.
When hes the one waiting, it seems like the whip gets cracked, but when hes the one making others wait it doesnt seem to be that pressing.

Its almost like he gets special treatment cause hes the commissioner.

Almost.

Old
11-25-2012, 08:00 PM
Royal Canuck
#Shinkaruk4Calder

I'll play after this episode of the walking dead. Sorry, my room is being renoed, didn't have internet until 30 mins ago.

Old
11-25-2012, 08:03 PM
FlamesFreak4
Sven'sational!

Old
11-25-2012, 08:12 PM
PG Canuck
Global Moderator

vCash: 1512
I was excited to join the league and am happy for the opportunity, but I truly don't see a bright future for this league as we head towards the offseason. Playoffs have taken way too long among other issues. GM's are inactive, and after how long the process has been I can only see more teams becoming inactive. I, myself, almost forgot I was in this league a few times because of how long of a process things take.

RC, you really can't be stepping on people toes when they can't play games while you, yourself don't always play as soon as you can (puttin off games because of a TV show you can record). Vancouver has been waiting for you.

Thanks again for the opportunity, but my feel for this league has really worn off.

Old
11-25-2012, 08:22 PM
Royal Canuck
#Shinkaruk4Calder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
I was excited to join the league and am happy for the opportunity, but I truly don't see a bright future for this league as we head towards the offseason. Playoffs have taken way too long among other issues. GM's are inactive, and after how long the process has been I can only see more teams becoming inactive. I, myself, almost forgot I was in this league a few times because of how long of a process things take.

RC, you really can't be stepping on people toes when they can't play games while you, yourself don't always play as soon as you can (puttin off games because of a TV show you can record). Vancouver has been waiting for you.

Thanks again for the opportunity, but my feel for this league has really worn off.
So you're giving up because you're whining that playoffs are taking to long.

If you wanna join a serious and very active league, go to the EA Sports forum and join a league there. This is a recreational league and I don't have all the time in the world to sit around and play games.

Old
11-25-2012, 08:29 PM
Eddie Vedder

Quote:

If you wanna join a serious and very active league, go to the EA Sports forum and join a league there. This is a recreational league and I don't have all the time in the world to sit around and play games.
Unless, of course, its you who wants to play. Then the clock is ticking and the GM's will be kicked...

Old
11-25-2012, 08:30 PM
Royal Canuck
#Shinkaruk4Calder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Vedder View Post
Unless, of course, its you who wants to play. Then the clock is ticking and the GM's will be kicked...
I haven't kicked anyone as long as they've kept in contact.

I think I've done an alright job with moving things along.

Old
11-25-2012, 08:31 PM
Royal Canuck
#Shinkaruk4Calder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Vedder View Post
When hes the one waiting, it seems like the whip gets cracked, but when hes the one making others wait it doesnt seem to be that pressing.

Its almost like he gets special treatment cause hes the commissioner.

Almost.
You think you could do a better job running this league?

Old
11-25-2012, 08:34 PM
Mdmopa1

Quote:

It is taking way to long...

Old
11-25-2012, 08:37 PM
Eddie Vedder

Quote:
You think you could do a better job running this league?
Probably, but I was just pointing out an observation. Please do not get all worked up.

Old
11-25-2012, 08:41 PM
Inside McKenzie

Quote:

I think this would be a good time to define what the expectations are for this league as far as pace, activity levels, and how many seasons we expect to complete. Then people can choose to stay or leave, but either way make an informed decision.

RC it does seem like you aren't as interested anymore

Old
11-25-2012, 08:44 PM
Royal Canuck
#Shinkaruk4Calder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdmopa1 View Post
It is taking way to long...
I understand. CCF and NYR took over a week to even start the series and nobody complained. Everyone just thinks it's okay to pick on me because I'm the commissoner and everything is my fault.

If you don't like the way this is going, there's the door. I'm trying as hard as I can to keep everyone happy and keep the league moving. I had no idea I was getting my electrical done today, If I knew I would've given JC a heads up. But without internet I can't really contact him.

Old
11-25-2012, 08:45 PM
Mdmopa1

I had always thought of this league as fairly competitive

Old
11-25-2012, 08:54 PM
Mdmopa1

Quote:
I understand. CCF and NYR took over a week to even start the series and nobody complained. Everyone just thinks it's okay to pick on me because I'm the commissoner and everything is my fault.

If you don't like the way this is going, there's the door. I'm trying as hard as I can to keep everyone happy and keep the league moving. I had no idea I was getting my electrical done today, If I knew I would've given JC a heads up. But without internet I can't really contact him.
Maybe we set time limits to each round and if you miss out on playing it than too bad. The playoffs aren't what the game feature is all about, it's about building a team to compete now and a few seasons away. I personally think that getting an extra season done compared to waiting for people to finish their playoff series would be better, but then again that's just my opinion...

Old
11-25-2012, 08:55 PM
Inside McKenzie

Quote:

People were concerned, and also I think felt that you were not being particularly proactive about it

As commissioner try to think about it in terms for 28 or 29 people waiting for 1 person now, and 26 people waiting for 4 last round, rather than taking it so personaly; however, yes, there is an expectation that a commissioner will be more dilligent about completing games than your average GM.

Stuff happens, such as your reno, just arrange a time for as soon as possible, that you can commit to, and get it done. Although using your phone to send a message to your opponent would have been reasonable, unless you have a really old phone.

Anyway, I find your comment regarding there's the door pretty concerning...

As far as keeping the league moving, you have stated you will give people as much time as they need and as you pointed out one series took what, over a week to even start?

Old
11-25-2012, 08:56 PM
JUMBOcanuck

Quote:

You obviously had internet at some point today in order to log into your xbox and tell me we could start an hour later. You could have PMd me on HFboards as well from your phone, which is what I do to set up games with people.

When I give you the freedom to pick ANY time of day to play the game and you come up with 2 times and still don't show up it doesn't really matter what the excuse is, you need to have some respect for other people's time. Not only that, but what's the deal with not being able to play our SCF games, but you're perfectly able to play GTA IV for an hour or two?

I also run a league, and when this league started the playoffs it was near the trade deadline in my league, now we are almost caught up to this one and our GMs are still complaining about how long its taking.

Don't expect me to wait around for you the next time you make a time to play. I won't be on the rest of tonight, and I have my playoffs in my league to play tomorrow night.

Closed Thread