*OFFICIAL* Sarnia Sting 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2012, 12:35 PM
KnightsInsider93

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Agree about the value,can u see Hottot with the Ruperts,would be the most despied line in jrs
Actually he is a pretty good player when his head is right,I would take him in Windsor,if he can change tude
Would London take a guy like Hottot after sending Restoule and Nevins home?

Old
11-24-2012, 04:51 PM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
Would London take a guy like Hottot after sending Restoule and Nevins home?
I was at the game thursday night with london at sarnia.I wouldnt trade any knight for Hottot, period.All the Knights worked there butts off while Hottot was a Pilon.

Old
11-24-2012, 06:19 PM
the4thHansonbrother

Quote:
Originally Posted by massey View Post
I was at the game thursday night with london at sarnia.I wouldnt trade any knight for Hottot, period.All the Knights worked there butts off while Hottot was a Pilon.
So...Hottot, who has a point a game...and clearly at one point was one of the hardest working players on the team on most nights, is not worth taking because he stopped playing for a coach he didn't see eye to eye with? I disagree, not to mention...I would hazard a guess he would fit right in with the Hunters system...

Old
11-25-2012, 06:45 AM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by the4thHansonbrother View Post
So...Hottot, who has a point a game...and clearly at one point was one of the hardest working players on the team on most nights, is not worth taking because he stopped playing for a coach he didn't see eye to eye with? I disagree, not to mention...I would hazard a guess he would fit right in with the Hunters system...
With your point a game comment you are only person in the world to think Hottot is having a good season.He was on the PP earlier in the year which earned him some points with Sarault and gali doing most of his work.Easy to pick up points on their line.He has given up twice that many.13 games suspensions for just stupid penalities.Yes Hunter would like his aggressive style,but there is lots of them,they would not tolerate for one second his work ethic on the ice,giving up on the plays when he lost the puck,floating around the ice waiting for an opportunity instead of creating one,not back checking,couldnt hit a man with a pass to save his soul.He is still p-off he didnt get the C.Ice time is earned,not just a given.Best of luck to him elsewhere.

Old
11-25-2012, 07:50 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
........they would not tolerate for one second his work ethic on the ice,giving up on the plays when he lost the puck,floating around the ice waiting for an opportunity instead of creating one,not back checking,couldnt hit a man with a pass to save his soul.He is still p-off he didnt get the C.Ice time is earned,not just a given.Best of luck to him elsewhere.
Reads like a player that stopped playing for the coach to me. Hottot will come back to burn Sarnia's ass...bank it.

edit: this is just the start....that dressing room has had enough.

Last edited by PhlyerPhanatic: 11-25-2012 at 08:39 AM.
Old
11-25-2012, 10:04 AM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlyerPhanatic View Post
Reads like a player that stopped playing for the coach to me. Hottot will come back to burn Sarnia's ass...bank it.

Doubt it. I don't think he plays in the OHL again. From everything I've heard, he doesnt want to love or play outside of Sarnia.

Edit: doesn't not does

Last edited by dean youngblood82: 11-25-2012 at 11:14 AM.
Old
11-25-2012, 10:16 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean youngblood82 View Post
From everything I've heard, he does want to live or play outside of Sarnia.
Funny..from what I've heard it's the exact opposite.

Old
11-25-2012, 10:24 AM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean youngblood82 View Post
Doubt it. I don't think he plays in the OHL again. From everything I've heard, he does want to love or play outside of Sarnia.
Heard the same thing from his neighbours

Old
11-25-2012, 10:29 AM
massey

Quote:

Sting 0-4 since his return,PK drop from 3-4 to 7th.Yes he was playing on it.He already burnt our butt.We traded 2 O/A who worked their butts off for Sarnia and were extremely better to make room for Hottot.Huge mistake by Jocko.No C sulk,No ice time sulk,

Old
11-25-2012, 10:45 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
http://www.theobserver.ca/2012/11/24...-against-petes

Quote:
HOTTOT UNHAPPY WITH ROLE

Overage forward Craig Hottot made the decision to leave the Sting of his own accord, Beaulieu said Saturday.

Hottot played Thursday against London but did not make the trip to Kitchener on Friday as it was announced he had left the Sting.

“He didn’t like his role and he didn’t like the ice time he was getting, and we’d come to an agreement that he wanted to get traded,” Beaulieu said. “It is what it is. We’re going to try to do the best for him and do the best for the hockey club.”

Old
11-25-2012, 10:57 AM
Goal Mouth

Hottot & Beaulieu got in to it a while ago in the hall way, re: work ethic & the liabilitys of the stupid penalities he takes maybe some thing like that should be done in the office. Nice one Beaulieu, First Mater & now Hottot will the real jocko STAND UP. How pissed off must Chiarlitti be now with a open O.A spot ?????? .

Last edited by Goal Mouth: 11-25-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Old
11-25-2012, 11:10 AM
aresknights

I know Chiarlitti was a long term Sting, valued community member et al, but would he really be that upset being in the Sound right now instead of that hot mess in Sarnia?

Old
11-25-2012, 11:15 AM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
Funny..from what I've heard it's the exact opposite.
My post was meant to say "doesn't" not does (Edited now)

Old
11-25-2012, 05:48 PM
massey

DeAngelo rumoured to be not happy either.Hopefully Jocko can trade him for a real D man.He really should try playing forward.Great skater and can go with the puck but gets caught way to often.He gives up way too many odd man rushes. Maybe the trade will be Hottot and DeAngelo going somewhere.

Old
11-25-2012, 05:57 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
DeAngelo rumoured to be not happy either.Hopefully Jocko can trade him for a real D man.He really should try playing forward.Great skater and can go with the puck but gets caught way to often.He gives up way too many odd man rushes. Maybe the trade will be Hottot and DeAngelo going somewhere.
If the Sting trade DeAngelo then they're really goin to regret it. He definitely has his lapses but his skill is off the charts and is else ill very young

Old
11-25-2012, 06:29 PM
BoxerMax

I agree that DeAngelo has huge upside, his attitude and defensive play needs allot of work. He has one of the worse plus/minus on the team. He gives up the puck too much and makes risky plays way too much. JB could get a big return from him right now.

@Massey - The DeAngelo rumor is not new. That has been rumor has been around before the end of last season. I am not a JB fan, but DeAngelo seem like the type of person that will only like a coach that lets him do whatever he wants and does not get disciplined.

As for Hottot, I am quite disappointed. I enjoy watching him play, when he is playing hard. He was probably thinking that he would be playing with Gally when he got back and because he had to earn his spot again he was pouting. The work ethic in some of these kids now is quite sad.

Old
11-25-2012, 06:41 PM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerMax View Post
I agree that DeAngelo has huge upside, his attitude and defensive play needs allot of work. He has one of the worse plus/minus on the team. He gives up the puck too much and makes risky plays way too much. JB could get a big return from him right now.

@Massey - The DeAngelo rumor is not new. That has been rumor has been around before the end of last season. I am not a JB fan, but DeAngelo seem like the type of person that will only like a coach that lets him do whatever he wants and does not get disciplined.

As for Hottot, I am quite disappointed. I enjoy watching him play, when he is playing hard. He was probably thinking that he would be playing with Gally when he got back and because he had to earn his spot again he was pouting. The work ethic in some of these kids now is quite sad.
I agree with every thing you have said.Not a JB fan here either but I must give him credit for how his team has been playing.I know the last 5 games were not pretty but I would never have thought we will be top 3 in PP and up till recently,top 3 in PK

Old
11-25-2012, 08:01 PM
Sempron

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
I know Chiarlitti was a long term Sting, valued community member et al, but would he really be that upset being in the Sound right now instead of that hot mess in Sarnia?
talk with char's billet dad if you see him and ask him yourself. he will tell you char is completely happy up there and doing very well with +27. thats a far cry from here where where he had +5, -7, -38. hopeys doing well up there to with stats close to binnington with a .930 save% ritchie is playing out of his mind right now with 42 pts and kujo has blossomed since leaving while playing on the leagues youngest team. maybe just a change of scenery was needed for all of them. or maybe there is something more to it. anthony is not alone. several unhappy. again. its frustrating to watch.

Old
11-26-2012, 10:52 AM
BoxerMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sempron View Post
talk with char's billet dad if you see him and ask him yourself. he will tell you char is completely happy up there and doing very well with +27. thats a far cry from here where where he had +5, -7, -38. hopeys doing well up there to with stats close to binnington with a .930 save% ritchie is playing out of his mind right now with 42 pts and kujo has blossomed since leaving while playing on the leagues youngest team. maybe just a change of scenery was needed for all of them. or maybe there is something more to it. anthony is not alone. several unhappy. again. its frustrating to watch.
I agree with everything you said about Char and Hope. Ritchie is a streaky player, plus he is playing with Strome. As for Kujo, I thought he would be better than he has been this year. Everybody new he would be good when he was with the Sting, however, JB took a chance, and you sometimes have to trade you young talent when you go for it.

I can't wait to see what kind of young talent we get when we trade Gally before the trade deadline.

Old
11-26-2012, 11:08 AM
aresknights

Quote:
Glad to hear hes liking the new digs. Sounds like as kid who deserved a chance to get outta town.
My post was in response to another poster who thought hed be upset Sarnia now has an open OA spot and I questioned it as I couldnt figure why hed be upset and you confirmed my thoughts
Quote:
How pissed off must Chiarlitti be now with a open O.A spot ?????? .
The post I ?d

Old
11-26-2012, 11:41 AM
Sempron

dont think hes disapointed about not being in sarnia any more weather or not we have o/a available now. would you? i was told he was very happy up there and he has made the most of his new situation and on a very good team to. much better situation for him.

Old
11-26-2012, 02:53 PM
dansk55

Quote:
dont think hes disapointed about not being in sarnia any more weather or not we have o/a available now. would you? i was told he was very happy up there and he has made the most of his new situation and on a very good team to. much better situation for him.
I think it is alberga who would be pissed. Although he is ona good team, it was him or hottot and I think he liked it here.

Old
11-26-2012, 07:46 PM
HABS2DCUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxerMax View Post
I agree with everything you said about Char and Hope. Ritchie is a streaky player, plus he is playing with Strome. As for Kujo, I thought he would be better than he has been this year. Everybody new he would be good when he was with the Sting, however, JB took a chance, and you sometimes have to trade you young talent when you go for it.

I can't wait to see what kind of young talent we get when we trade Gally before the trade deadline.
So are you guys are pretty confident that Galchenyuk will be traded?

Old
11-27-2012, 05:18 AM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS2DCUP View Post
So are you guys are pretty confident that Galchenyuk will be traded?
Not confident at all. Sure, from a franchise perspective trading Galchenyuk is the right move (only if asking price is right) but there are lots if things that could (and likely will) keep him here:
a) Sting remains competitive (ownership will see $$$ in potential playoff sales)
and,
b) Alex Galchenyuk Sr remains the teams Addistant Coach

The right love is likely to trade him (+ Murphy, Sarault and Boucher, as I don't think any will be back) but I don't see the team having the guts to make such a bold decision. I do feel we Sarnia needs to sacrifice these guys to reload this team quickly but at the end of the day it will come down to what each player would fetch in return. Only management will know what's being offered so its tough from our prospective to say if it's worth it. Definitely something to watch

Old
11-27-2012, 08:21 AM
krauss72

Some of the lads above may have NTC's and that may dictate where they go, IF they even want to be traded.

Closed Thread