HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Would you rather win 1 Stanley Cup or 5 Hart Trophies if you were a player?

View Poll Results: Would you rather win
1 Stanley Cup 163 48.95%
5 Hart Trophies 170 51.05%
Voters: 333. You may not vote on this poll

Old
11-25-2012, 03:24 AM
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Well you're in the minority. While I do think of him as a QB that won the SB. I and many others think of him as a punch line as well.
He can't hear you, his super bowl ring is plugging his ear

saskriders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 03:43 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
And I'm sure he's proud of it. However, it would eat at me that I'm like the kid that takes the short bus out of SB winning QBs.

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 05:35 AM
ricky0034

the Harts and it's not even remotely close

hell i'll take it a step further,i'd rather win 1 Hart Trophy than 1 Stanley Cup

ricky0034 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 06:09 AM
TAnnala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hynh View Post
I'd rather be mentioned in the same breath as Gretzky and Howe as the only 5 time Hart winners than be Esa Tikkanen in 1984-85.
I would rather be Esa Tikkanen than anything else. Dude is absolute beast. For me it goes like this:

1. Esa Tikkanen

2/3. Cup 5 Hart trophies.

TAnnala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 06:28 AM
WTFetus
Most popular combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
How about his other ear?

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 12:35 PM
Marvelous Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

5 harts because the HHOF is a big deal.

Marvelous Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 12:44 PM
Thallis
We suck again!

vCash: 499
Send a message via MSN to Thallis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
true, it is why i even added just players that might make it in the 1st ballot of the hall of fame, over nobody's. every person on this world will take fame over being a nobody who did nothing in his life (which being on the 4th line is basically)
Really? Being a 4th liner is still Being a regular in the best league in the world. You get more than enough money with a 4th liner's salary and winning a cup in that role means you did your job well and contributed when necessary. When your career is said and done, you've made plenty of money, and accomplished the one thing that matters. When you win the hart and no cup, you're the legend who couldn't get it done, and you have that regret for your life. There's a reason there was such a big deal made over Borque winning the cup with the avalanche. Grown men don't cry over winning the hart. It's nice recognition, but it doesn't really matter that much in the end.

Thallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 02:00 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thallis View Post
Really? Being a 4th liner is still Being a regular in the best league in the world. You get more than enough money with a 4th liner's salary and winning a cup in that role means you did your job well and contributed when necessary. When your career is said and done, you've made plenty of money, and accomplished the one thing that matters. When you win the hart and no cup, you're the legend who couldn't get it done, and you have that regret for your life. There's a reason there was such a big deal made over Borque winning the cup with the avalanche. Grown men don't cry over winning the hart. It's nice recognition, but it doesn't really matter that much in the end.
Yes there is. It's because "it's a shame" if a player that is considered the best among his peers never caps off a successful career with at least one Cup. Don't be fooled, though. If Bourque never ends up going to the Avalanche, and never gets that Cup, he doesn't look back at that Avalanche roster while standing at the HHoF podium and wish that he was born as Greg DeVries instead. And let's continue to be honest, Greg DeVries doesn't ending up look at his Cup ring and thanking God that he wasn't born as Ray Bourque.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 02:12 PM
Evincar
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thallis View Post
Enough money to support your family and future generations? I rather be known as a great player who couldnt get it done than a bad player who did nothing but fill up a roster spot and win the cup.

Evincar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 02:23 PM
Arpeggio

5 Harts in a heartbeat. I'd rather be considered one of the best players to ever play than be forgotten a year after I win. Also it'd simply be more fun to be one of the best players on the ice every night, breaking records, than it would be playing as a grinder or an AHL inbetweener (lots of those on the Cup). Plus I get to play in the Olympics, all the international tournaments I want, probably have lots of fun after I retire career-wise and personally(if I want to be a GM/coach), $100 million more in earnings, etc. Easy decision.

Arpeggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 06:56 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpeggio View Post
5 Harts in a heartbeat. I'd rather be considered one of the best players to ever play than be forgotten a year after I win. Also it'd simply be more fun to be one of the best players on the ice every night, breaking records, than it would be playing as a grinder or an AHL inbetweener (lots of those on the Cup). Plus I get to play in the Olympics, all the international tournaments I want, probably have lots of fun after I retire career-wise and personally(if I want to be a GM/coach), $100 million more in earnings, etc. Easy decision.
Put even more simply, being better is better for business. And everyone should know that the players treat what we see as a "privileged situation" like a job, and think about the future like the rest of us.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 07:01 PM
Makander

Basically its would you rather be Wayne Gretzky or Kevin Westgarth?
i mean any player on the right team can win a cup, only the best can win 5 hart.

Makander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 10:20 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makander View Post
Basically its would you rather be Wayne Gretzky or Kevin Westgarth?
i mean any player on the right team can win a cup, only the best can win 5 hart.
Puts this into perspective nicely.

You've gotta be selfless to a detrimental extent to take the Cup over the 5 Harts.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote