HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Dmitri Jaskin - Signed to 3 year deal by Blues

Old
11-16-2012, 04:27 AM
Alklha

vCash: 50
10 game point streak for him now. 18-17-35 in his 22 games, +4 with 38PIM.

Alklha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 04:59 PM
Bluesnatic27

vCash: 500
Rattie with the speed and scoring touch Jaskin with the body and soft hands, and Edmundson clearing the back area. 2011 is sure looking like a good year for us now.

Bluesnatic27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 05:52 PM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesnatic27 View Post
Rattie with the speed and scoring touch Jaskin with the body and soft hands, and Edmundson clearing the back area. 2011 is sure looking like a good year for us now.
Obviously it is still early days, but it is a great sign considering it was really the first without Jarmo Kekäläinen at the helm.

Old
11-16-2012, 07:45 PM
rumrokh
I Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
Obviously it is still early days, but it is a great sign considering it was really the first without Jarmo Kekäläinen at the helm.
Doug Armstrong's history shows that he loves to stock up on second rounders and has gotten a lot of quality NHLers there.
From 2002 to 2007, the Stars had twelve 2nd rounders and got Daley, Loui Eriksson, Crombeen, Grossman, and Neal. That's an incredibly high hit rate.

In the same time frame (Jarmo was with them starting with the 2003 draft), the Blues had eight 2nd rounders and only Backes is a regular NHLer, with Palushaj another possible.

I don't know who was most instrumental in those picks for Dallas, possibly Les Jackson, but I don't think Armstrong played a small part. The jury is still out, obviously, but right after Armstrong left, the Stars don't appear to have drafted nearly as well from 2008 to 2010 as they had been under Armstrong.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2012, 08:48 PM
Alklha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumrokh View Post
Doug Armstrong's history shows that he loves to stock up on second rounders and has gotten a lot of quality NHLers there.
From 2002 to 2007, the Stars had twelve 2nd rounders and got Daley, Loui Eriksson, Crombeen, Grossman, and Neal. That's an incredibly high hit rate.

In the same time frame (Jarmo was with them starting with the 2003 draft), the Blues had eight 2nd rounders and only Backes is a regular NHLer, with Palushaj another possible.

I don't know who was most instrumental in those picks for Dallas, possibly Les Jackson, but I don't think Armstrong played a small part. The jury is still out, obviously, but right after Armstrong left, the Stars don't appear to have drafted nearly as well from 2008 to 2010 as they had been under Armstrong.
That is a great return. Considering our second round selections last year, hopefully you are right and we will benefit from that now because our second round selections have been below-par for a good while now.

Have to note though, their first round picks were poor in that time-frame and their 3rd round picks onwards were non-existant compared to our firsts, which have had an outstanding strike rate, and we've ultimately done well in the later rounds in '02-'07 (Polák, Nikitin, Bishop, Stempniak, Reaves & maybe even Fairchild?)

Old
11-16-2012, 10:16 PM
h22prelude93

Forgot to add it to this weeks schedule but Moncton played Val D'or tonight. Final score 5-4 Val D'or. One assist for Jaskin to give him 18+18 36PT in 23GP.

h22prelude93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 02:10 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jaskin recorded an assist on Barbashev's goal, in the Wildcats' 4-2 over Cape Breton last night ,to continue his 12 game points streak. He now has 8 goals and 16 assists in his last 12 games. He'll look to continue his streak Saturday against the Baie Comeau Drakkar (#7 in CHL) and Sunday when the Cats battle Halifax(#1 in CHL).

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 09:58 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Jaskin recorded an assist on Barbashev's goal, in the Wildcats' 4-2 over Cape Breton last night ,to continue his 12 game points streak. He now has 8 goals and 16 assists in his last 12 games. He'll look to continue his streak Saturday against the Baie Comeau Drakkar (#7 in CHL) and Sunday when the Cats battle Halifax(#1 in CHL).
I don't get to see his games, perhaps you (or anyone) could tell me if the majority of his assists are coming from him setting up his teammates, or are they merely burying his rebounds?

I'm just trying to figure out if Jaskin is showing some playmaking ability.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 10:55 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
I don't get to see his games, perhaps you (or anyone) could tell me if the majority of his assists are coming from him setting up his teammates, or are they merely burying his rebounds?

I'm just trying to figure out if Jaskin is showing some playmaking ability.
He may have come across as a pure goal scorer because of his early goal tallie, however is a fantastic playmaker as well. He has great vision and reads plays well which ables him to make crisp passes. This is really working to his advantage at the time being because many Q hockey peoples have him pegged as a pure goal scorer but that's simply not the case at all. Goalies always think he's going to shoot but if he dosn't see an opening or if a pass is warranted , he makes a crisp pass on the tape and sets up his teammate for an easy goal. On another note, Dmitri Jaskin will represent Czech Republic between December 26th - January 5th for the World Junior Championship. No surprise there as he was one of their top players last year.

Old
11-24-2012, 04:18 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Jaskin kept his streak going , 13th consecutive game with at least one point. He scored a beauty goal and added 2 assists in Moncton's 6-5 win over #7 ranked(CHL) Baie Comeau Drakkar. He now sits 8th in league scoring with 19 goals and 21 assists for 40 points in only 25 games. He is a beast every shift and dominates every shift. Sets the tone physically, scores , passes, goes through his opponents, the guy can do everything!

Old
11-24-2012, 04:27 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:
He may have come across as a pure goal scorer because of his early goal tallie, however is a fantastic playmaker as well. He has great vision and reads plays well which ables him to make crisp passes. This is really working to his advantage at the time being because many Q hockey peoples have him pegged as a pure goal scorer but that's simply not the case at all. Goalies always think he's going to shoot but if he dosn't see an opening or if a pass is warranted , he makes a crisp pass on the tape and sets up his teammate for an easy goal. On another note, Dmitri Jaskin will represent Czech Republic between December 26th - January 5th for the World Junior Championship. No surprise there as he was one of their top players last year.
Good to hear coming to play in the CHL didnt affect that. I know the Czechs have frowned upon that the past few years, but it sounds like he will have to be a big part of the team if they want to medal this year.

Crumblin Erb Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 06:07 PM
stlweir

Jaskin and Veileux both with a goal and an assist today.

stlweir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2012, 07:43 PM
h22prelude93

Nov. 15 Highlights - Jaskin 1g 3a Veilleux 2g 3a

Old
11-25-2012, 01:51 PM
h22prelude93

Moncton is currently beating Halifax(Mackinnon/Drouin/Furcale) 3-0 in the 3rd. 2 goals 1 assist for Veilleux, and 1 goal for Jaskin.

Old
11-25-2012, 04:18 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by h22prelude93 View Post
Moncton is currently beating Halifax(Mackinnon/Drouin/Furcale) 3-0 in the 3rd. 2 goals 1 assist for Veilleux, and 1 goal for Jaskin.
They beat them Halifax(#1 in the CHL) 3-0 this afternoon. Jaskin continued his points streak to 14 games with a goal.

Old
11-25-2012, 07:39 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Thanks. That was the exact information I was looking for.

Your right, having never seen Jaskin play, his early goal totals lead me to believe that he was pretty much just a shooter. I'm glad to hear he is more than that. I'm really looking forward to the WJC this year.

bluemandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 07:57 PM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

Quote:

Your right, having never seen Jaskin play, his early goal totals lead me to believe that he was pretty much just a shooter. I'm glad to hear he is more than that. I'm really looking forward to the WJC this year.
He should be playing with some solid talent as well, at least one or two of Faska, Hyka, Frk, and Hertl. The Czechs may lack defense and overall depth, but their Top 6 appears to be pretty solid.

Crumblin Erb Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 09:43 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:

Another thing people don't realize is that he's doing all this on a line with a 16 year old rookie (Barbashev) and a 19 year old in his first season major junior (Deruelle played Jr.A until now). Imagine after Christmas when Moncton acquires a legitimate second line winger(Tesink,Brouillard) to play with him and Barbs

Old
11-25-2012, 09:49 PM
STEVIE RAY BLUES

I'm happy to see the kid doing well but....It's really really hard to tell if any of it translates to the next level or beyond. I watched the highlights posted and it looks like a garage league or huff and puff for old men. No defense at all. Hell the points aren't even challenged when they get the puck. I hope he continues to progress but I'll get exited when he's taking a regular shift in the AHL. Till then not so much...

STEVIE RAY BLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 12:05 AM
rumrokh
I Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVIE RAY BLUES View Post
I'm happy to see the kid doing well but....It's really really hard to tell if any of it translates to the next level or beyond. I watched the highlights posted and it looks like a garage league or huff and puff for old men. No defense at all. Hell the points aren't even challenged when they get the puck. I hope he continues to progress but I'll get exited when he's taking a regular shift in the AHL. Till then not so much...
That's what junior hockey looks like. The Q is similar to the level of competition of the OHL and WHL.

Current Blues players who have developed through one of those leagues: Pietrangelo, Perron, Stewart, Langenbrunner, D'Agostini, Jackman, Russell, Nichol, Reaves, Grachev, and Halak. Perron, in particular, is a recent QMJHL product.

The number of goals scored per game in each league has been comparable for a few years now. Each league varies in their strengths, but as long as a player is not slow or tiny, production in Canadian major junior is a good indication of NHL potential.

MacKinnon and Drouin are pegged to be among the top few picks in this draft and are in the Q. In recent years, the Q has produced players such as Huberdeau, Couturier, Gormley, Kulikov, Demers, Voracek, Perron, Giroux, Marchand, Andrew MacDonald, Mathieu Perrault, Vlasic, Latendresse, Letang, and Crosby.

So, you're right in that it's hard to tell if it will translate to the next level, but that same difficulty applies to every player in major junior, for all time.

rumrokh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 12:07 AM
h22prelude93

Old
11-26-2012, 09:35 AM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Jaskin doesn't hold anything back with that celly lol.

MattyMo35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 06:26 PM
Bluesnatic27

Quote:
Originally Posted by h22prelude93 View Post
Nov. 15 Highlights - Jaskin 1g 3a Veilleux 2g 3a
I'm not going to lie, but Veilleux looks like he can be quite the player based on these videos. His skating looks better than Jaskin's and his puck-handling looks pretty decent as well. Maybe he could develop into a pretty decent 40-50 point guy if he continues this play. But I have not actually seen him play, so any firsthand info would be great.

Bluesnatic27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 07:55 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Imagine after Christmas when Moncton acquires a legitimate second line winger(Tesink, Brouillard) to play with him and Barbs
I'd love to see all three of the Blues' QMJHL forward prospects on the same team -- even the same line -- with Moncton. Let them build chemistry together and go to Peoria next year as a unit.

Prussian_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 09:17 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prussian_Blue View Post
I'd love to see all three of the Blues' QMJHL forward prospects on the same team -- even the same line -- with Moncton. Let them build chemistry together and go to Peoria next year as a unit.
Tesink would have to be my favorite player for Moncton to acquire.