HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Who Would You Most Like to See on Team Canada/Sochi

View Poll Results: Who Would You Most Like to See on Team Canada/Sochi
Martin St. Louis 32 21.33%
Patrick Sharp 14 9.33%
Jason Spezza 46 30.67%
Brian Campbell 6 4.00%
Dan Hamhuis 20 13.33%
None of them 32 21.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-25-2012, 04:58 PM
  #26
KareemTrustfund
Beat it, Grandma.
 
KareemTrustfund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ceti Alpha 6
Posts: 13,150
vCash: 50
St. Louis, still top 3 RW in the game.

KareemTrustfund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 04:58 PM
  #27
Rod Buskas*
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,719
vCash: 500
voted st. louis, meant to vote 'none of them'

Rod Buskas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 05:02 PM
  #28
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,251
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Dover View Post
St. Louis, still top 3 RW in the game.
But I doubt he will be in 2 years time...

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 05:03 PM
  #29
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Dover View Post
St. Louis, still top 3 RW in the game.
Proves that you don't know what you're talking about. He's not even RW.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 06:44 PM
  #30
KareemTrustfund
Beat it, Grandma.
 
KareemTrustfund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ceti Alpha 6
Posts: 13,150
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Proves that you don't know what you're talking about. He's not even RW.
He played some on the left last year, but most still consider him a RW being that he has played his whole career as such... Besides, NHL.com still lists him as RW.

Maybe you don't know wheat you are talking about? Seems like a common theme to your posts...


Last edited by KareemTrustfund: 11-25-2012 at 07:06 PM.
KareemTrustfund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 06:52 PM
  #31
KareemTrustfund
Beat it, Grandma.
 
KareemTrustfund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ceti Alpha 6
Posts: 13,150
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
But I doubt he will be in 2 years time...
It's pretty much only a year from now.

KareemTrustfund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 09:04 PM
  #32
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Dover View Post
He played some on the left last year, but most still consider him a RW being that he has played his whole career as such... Besides, NHL.com still lists him as RW.

Maybe you don't know wheat you are talking about? Seems like a common theme to your posts...
He's played LW most of the last 2 seasons, maybe even more before that.

At any rate, Kovalchuk, Neal, Sedin, Elias, Whitney, Seguin, Sharp, Pominville, Eberle, Gaborik, Hossa, Kane, Perry and arguably Hartnell, Nash and Ryan, are better wingers than he is.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 10:01 PM
  #33
MessierII
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,123
vCash: 500
None of them. Marty wasn't good enough last time no chance he makes it next time. Spezza has a chance although it will likely be due to an injury. The other two have flat out no chance.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 10:04 PM
  #34
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
None of them. Marty wasn't good enough last time no chance he makes it next time. Spezza has a chance although it will likely be due to an injury. The other two have flat out no chance.
No chance??

Name 7 Canadian defenseman who are better than Hamhuis. Hopefully that can include 3 left handed shots as well.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 10:10 PM
  #35
KareemTrustfund
Beat it, Grandma.
 
KareemTrustfund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ceti Alpha 6
Posts: 13,150
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
He's played LW most of the last 2 seasons, maybe even more before that.
No he hasn't. Look it up.

Quote:
At any rate, Kovalchuk, Neal, Sedin, Elias, Whitney, Seguin, Sharp, Pominville, Eberle, Gaborik, Hossa, Kane, Perry and arguably Hartnell, Nash and Ryan, are better wingers than he is.
Stop goofing around ya big goofball.

KareemTrustfund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 10:13 PM
  #36
KareemTrustfund
Beat it, Grandma.
 
KareemTrustfund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Ceti Alpha 6
Posts: 13,150
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
None of them. Marty wasn't good enough last time no chance he makes it next time. Spezza has a chance although it will likely be due to an injury. The other two have flat out no chance.
Not good enough? Maybe not big enough...

St. Louis has a helluva better chance then Spezza, especially considering how much Yzerman has watched him the past couple of years.

KareemTrustfund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 10:23 PM
  #37
MessierII
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
No chance??

Name 7 Canadian defenseman who are better than Hamhuis. Hopefully that can include 3 left handed shots as well.
Drew Doughty, Duncan Keith, Shea Weber, Brent Seabrook, Alex Petriangelo, Jay Bowmeester, PK Subban, Dion Phaneuf are all ahead of him IMO plus there's lots of young guys coming up.

Edit: forgot about Del Zotto, Kris Letang and Marc Staal.


Last edited by MessierII: 11-25-2012 at 10:28 PM.
MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 10:25 PM
  #38
MessierII
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Dover View Post
Not good enough? Maybe not big enough...

St. Louis has a helluva better chance then Spezza, especially considering how much Yzerman has watched him the past couple of years.
No he doesn't. Marty is almost 40. He couldnt make the team in 2010. He began receeding this year. He doesn't have a chance to crack that roster next year. Spezza is a long shot but is still in his 20's and was just 4th in league scoring. He has a way better chance.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 10:26 PM
  #39
JETZZZ
Registered User
 
JETZZZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winnipeg Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 190
vCash: 500
Assuming Marty ST Louis doesn't retire and continues to play at his current level, he is an absolute MUST for team Canada, playing on the line Stamkos is centering. Very few have been more clutch than him in the playoffs or international tournaments, and not to mention he is speedy, nimble, and clean which is a plus, considering its going to be on the big ice under Olympic rules. (Not only would i put him on the team, Id slap a C on his jersey as well)

JETZZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 10:29 PM
  #40
MessierII
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JETZinmypants View Post
Assuming Marty ST Louis doesn't retire and continues to play at his current level, he is an absolute MUST for team Canada, playing on the line Stamkos is centering. Very few have been more clutch than him in the playoffs or international tournaments, and not to mention he is speedy, nimble, and clean which is a plus, considering its going to be on the big ice under Olympic rules. (Not only would i put him on the team, Id slap a C on his jersey as well)
If he wasn't good enough to make it in 2010 how do you justify him making it next year?

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 10:31 PM
  #41
JETZZZ
Registered User
 
JETZZZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winnipeg Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 190
vCash: 500
Honestly, I think he should have been there as well, but that is just my opinion.

JETZZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 10:34 PM
  #42
MessierII
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JETZinmypants View Post
Honestly, I think he should have been there as well, but that is just my opinion.
Well they won without him and then was when he was still a 90 point player how does that make him a must for next year when he's clearly not at that level anymore.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 10:36 PM
  #43
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,251
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
Drew Doughty, Duncan Keith, Shea Weber, Brent Seabrook, Alex Petriangelo,Jay Bowmeester, PK Subban, Dion Phaneuf are all ahead of him IMO plus there's lots of young guys coming up.

Edit: forgot about Del Zotto, Kris Letang and Marc Staal.
Bolded are laughable. Seabrook is close though, and he'd probably get the nod due to chemistry with Keith.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 10:40 PM
  #44
RDRR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 746
vCash: 500
Dan Hamhuis.

RDRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 10:44 PM
  #45
JETZZZ
Registered User
 
JETZZZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Winnipeg Manitoba
Country: Canada
Posts: 190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierII View Post
Well they won without him and then was when he was still a 90 point player how does that make him a must for next year when he's clearly not at that level anymore.
Last season he dropped to just under 1ppg, I'd say its too early to tell if his level of play is in the decline yet, not to mention he spent part of the season with an injury (puck to the face) that may have effected his play. I also did say "IF" he is able to stay at that level too. (He wouldn't be the only player ever to not call it quits at 40). Also, that last Olympics wasn't exactly a cakewalk for the team Canada that was sent, and to be honest, I don't think Im the only one out there who would have switched around the roster if given the choice.

JETZZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 10:44 PM
  #46
DyerMaker66
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Bolded are laughable. Seabrook is close though, and he'd probably get the nod due to chemistry with Keith.
Thinking he's better than Staal is pretty laughable. Ranking Seabrook higher than Staal is even more so.


Last edited by DyerMaker66: 11-25-2012 at 10:56 PM.
DyerMaker66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 10:57 PM
  #47
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,251
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by DyerMaker66 View Post
Thinking he's better than Staal is pretty laughable. Ranking Seabrook higher than Staal is even more so.
I'm guessing you haven't seen Staal play since his concussion. Although even before then, I'd still take Hamhuis over him.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 11:08 PM
  #48
MessierII
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DyerMaker66 View Post
Thinking he's better than Staal is pretty laughable. Ranking Seabrook higher than Staal is even more so.
Seabrook is better than Staal. Staal hasn't looked good in a while.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 11:09 PM
  #49
5RingsAndABeer
John MacKinnon Fan
 
5RingsAndABeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 10,805
vCash: 1220
Wavered between Spezza and none of them. Decided none of them because Canada is absolutely stacked at center.

5RingsAndABeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 11:10 PM
  #50
MessierII
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Bolded are laughable. Seabrook is close though, and he'd probably get the nod due to chemistry with Keith.
I'd be willing to say with 90% certainty that one year from now Del Zotto and Subban will both be well above Hamy.

MessierII is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.