HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 5.0 - CLR Edition

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2012, 01:40 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

vCash: 500
Everyone talks about the backhand goal, but that move he made just before to gain posession of the puck, he made it look so easy and the whole thing was just lighting quick. I had to actually check out the replay several times to finally grasp what he executed.

Old
11-25-2012, 03:57 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyZetts View Post
Wowzers!

just wow !!!

Old
11-25-2012, 04:17 PM
onice

I don't want to jinx the kid but I really think we got the best player of the 2012 draft. If he had played last year we probably would have been stuck with Nail or Murray.

Now if you're Vancouver or Detroit or any of the teams that picked at the bottom of the first round that would have been a great problem being stuck with Nail or Murray. But right now I wouldn't trade Gally for any of the players from 2012.

We really got lucky and selected the best player. This kid is gonna turn heads when he hits the big show. I can feel it.

Old
11-25-2012, 04:25 PM
Danadiens

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
I don't want to jinx the kid but I really think we got the best player of the 2012 draft. If he had played last year we probably would have been stuck with Nail or Murray.

Now if you're Vancouver or Detroit or any of the teams that picked at the bottom of the first round that would have been a great problem being stuck with Nail or Murray. But right now I wouldn't trade Gally for any of the players from 2012.

We really got lucky and selected the best player. This kid is gonna turn heads when he hits the big show. I can feel it.
I'd still pick Nail, but I'm gettin excited by Gally's game.

Old
11-25-2012, 04:46 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:

Its still a bit early to say since Nail is doing pretty good himself in the KHL but its definitely possible Galchenyuk will turn out into the better player. Its so exciting to think he'll be a Hab next year and might have a run for the Calder (why not?).

Old
11-25-2012, 05:36 PM
Galchenkel

Send a message via MSN to Galchenkel
Quote:

Way before the draft I've been comparing 2012s Nail/Gally with 2004s Ovy/Malkin. Not saying that the two are in the same range but just like the russian two, we were in a case of a flashy top goal scorer and a above average all around player.

While I'm still sold on Ovechkin and I truly think that he can still be the player he was, I'd still prefer having Malkin than a 65 goals Ovechkin.

Both Nail and Gally have a PPG+ potential but I'll always chose the C before the W. Especially if the C is 6'2.

Old
11-25-2012, 06:07 PM
NotProkofievian

Whoaaaa habs fans, I was wowed by Gally's performance last night, and on several other occasions, but he still has a lot to prove before I go picking him above Nail.

He still has a ways to go in being the player I think he can be(even right now, not talking years into the future). However, he's made steady, consistent steps towards that. I really wanna see what he's doing by the end of the year. The one aspect that has really improved, yet, still has a little ways to go before he reaches what he was doing in his 16 year old season, is goal scoring. He's scored some beauties, but he's got a few more tricks up his sleeve, IMO.

Old
11-25-2012, 06:22 PM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Whoaaaa habs fans, I was wowed by Gally's performance last night, and on several other occasions, but he still has a lot to prove before I go picking him above Nail.

He still has a ways to go in being the player I think he can be(even right now, not talking years into the future). However, he's made steady, consistent steps towards that. I really wanna see what he's doing by the end of the year. The one aspect that has really improved, yet, still has a little ways to go before he reaches what he was doing in his 16 year old season, is goal scoring. He's scored some beauties, but he's got a few more tricks up his sleeve, IMO.
That is just flat out wrong.

Last edited by Estimated_Prophet: 11-25-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Old
11-25-2012, 06:30 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
That is just flat out wrong.
No, it flat out, just isn't.

Old
11-25-2012, 06:58 PM
That

Quote:

I agree with this post.

Yakupov is clearly a better player than Galchenyuk right now. Could Galchenyuk end up better? Sure, but he has a long way to go. Especially since Yakupov is playing in the best league in the world (ATM) and is scoring at just under a point-per-game pace. Yakupov may be one of the most underrated first overall picks. He's truly an incredible talent, better than anyone in his draft year.

I can see why some would prefer Galchenyuk over Yakupov, because of his two-way play, the fact that he plays centre, and how adept his is in all areas of offense. However, Yakupov has that incredible game-breaking talent that very few possess.

About Galchenyuk's goal scoring, I agree with you here too. Galchenyuk is not just a playmaker, as a matter of fact he's a great goal scorer too. In his rookie season, a lot of his points came from driving the net or unleashing his wrister and creating a rebound. He hasn't been consistent in shooting the puck or driving the net this year. Lately, we've been seeing more of that and it will come with time, hopefully as the year progresses we will see more consistency in that aspect.

Old
11-25-2012, 07:00 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
You gotta like how Galchenyuk came out firing and showing the way after a bad team outing. Shows a lot of character and has me more excited than the sick backhand and sweet passing.
He had a good game, but the Petes are having a rough time this year. Seeing him score and stack the points is never a bad thing though. I'd like to see him pull out those games against Kitchener and London

If you take a look at Grigorenko, he almost has a goal per game, but if you like more into it you'll see that he scored 6 of them in 2 games against the worst team in the CHL (Sherbrooke)

Old
11-25-2012, 11:03 PM
CP31

Is Galchenyuk NHL ready?

Simple question. If the NHL were to start up in December, would he be on the big club or stay in Sarnia?

Old
11-25-2012, 11:06 PM
poetryinmotion

I'll go out on a limb and say yes, he is NHL ready. Would it be in his best interest to play a shortened season where we aren't competing anyway and burn a year off his elc? Nah.

Old
11-25-2012, 11:08 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
I'll go out on a limb and say yes, he is NHL ready. Would it be in his best interest to play a shortened season where we aren't competing anyway and burn a year off his elc? Nah.
This. Also I'm sure the kid wants to play in the WJC.

Old
11-25-2012, 11:08 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

I want him to play the WJC.

Old
11-25-2012, 11:20 PM
Hank Scorpio

Quote:
Agreed. I wouldn't mind seeing him come up with the big club for his 9-game stint but nothing more this year.

Old
11-25-2012, 11:36 PM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
About Galchenyuk's goal scoring, I agree with you here too. Galchenyuk is not just a playmaker, as a matter of fact he's a great goal scorer too. In his rookie season, a lot of his points came from driving the net or unleashing his wrister and creating a rebound. He hasn't been consistent in shooting the puck or driving the net this year. Lately, we've been seeing more of that and it will come with time, hopefully as the year progresses we will see more consistency in that aspect.
This is more specifically what I mean about his goal-scoring. Galchenyuk possesses a particularly violent wrist-shot. When he first came to my attention, that's what I noticed. He hasn't been able to exploit that attribute yet this year. I think it'll come. He still has that wrist-shot. Just needs to find time and space to use it more often.

Old
11-26-2012, 01:24 AM
Estimated_Prophet

Quote:
This is more specifically what I mean about his goal-scoring. Galchenyuk possesses a particularly violent wrist-shot. When he first came to my attention, that's what I noticed. He hasn't been able to exploit that attribute yet this year. I think it'll come. He still has that wrist-shot. Just needs to find time and space to use it more often.
You are so far off base it is ridiculous. He is on pace to obliterate his goal totals as a 16 year old, yet he has a ways to go to get back to that level?????

If you knew what you were talking about you would also factor Yakupov into the equation. He had far more room to skate when Yakupov was his linemate. He is the primary focus of the opposition this season and has managed to greatly increase his productivity while playing with vastly inferior linemates.

You are clearly basing your opinion on his youtube compilation as a 16 year old.......he still has another 43 games to play this season in order to fill out his 2012-13 portfolio. I am sure you will be pleased when you see the final results complete with some cheesey techno garbage for ambiance......

Old
11-26-2012, 01:52 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Boys and girls, we have ourselves a keeper!

Just want to throw out an extended thanks to That and Crimson for all their work, you guys make this board better with your presence!
+1 (and probably +many many Hab fans here!!).

That miserable, depressing season we had last year...seems worth it now!! (a lot of misery for us Hab fans = Galchenyuk!! ).

Go Galchenyuk Go!! (just stay healthy and can't wait to see Galchenyuk with the Bulldogs in March-April 2013? and then next season with our Habs)

Old
11-26-2012, 02:07 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estimated_Prophet View Post
You are so far off base it is ridiculous. He is on pace to obliterate his goal totals as a 16 year old, yet he has a ways to go to get back to that level?????
Wow, I hadn't considered that. Dividing the number of goals he's scored, by the number of games he's played, and then multiplying it by the number of games in an OHL season. You're some kind of genius. Because that's what really matters, is the raw total of goals, divided by the number of games in which it took to score them.

Didn't you say that you were the Bill James of hockey when you first showed up on these boards? I'm like 99% sure you did. The juxtaposition of that and your silly arguments is just a laugh riot.

If you had actually read what me and That - a guy who's seen every single game Galchenyuk's played this season, who also happens to agree with everything I just said - were discussing, it was the kinds of goals he was scoring in his rookie season vs. the kinds of goals he's scoring this year. Specifically in the post you were replying to, both me and That were saying that he hasn't yet unleashed his wrist shot. And that's true. He has not. Not once. There are tools he has at his disposal which he either hasn't been able to, or just chose not to, use thus far this season. The rest of your post is irrelevant garbage, when supplied with that context which you decided to willfully ignore in the hopes you might be able to eek out a dick-measuring decision on the internet.

Sorry but, in that last regard, you are ostensibly barking up the wrong tree.

Old
11-26-2012, 02:39 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Wow, I hadn't considered that. Dividing the number of goals he's scored, by the number of games he's played, and then multiplying it by the number of games in an OHL season. You're some kind of genius. Because that's what really matters, is the raw total of goals, divided by the number of games in which it took to score them.

Didn't you say that you were the Bill James of hockey when you first showed up on these boards? I'm like 99% sure you did. The juxtaposition of that and your silly arguments is just a laugh riot.

If you had actually read what me and That - a guy who's seen every single game Galchenyuk's played this season, who also happens to agree with everything I just said - were discussing, it was the kinds of goals he was scoring in his rookie season vs. the kinds of goals he's scoring this year. Specifically in the post you were replying to, both me and That were saying that he hasn't yet unleashed his wrist shot. And that's true. He has not. Not once. There are tools he has at his disposal which he either hasn't been able to, or just chose not to, use thus far this season. The rest of your post is irrelevant garbage, when supplied with that context which you decided to willfully ignore in the hopes you might be able to eek out a dick-measuring decision on the internet.

Sorry but, in that last regard, you are ostensibly barking up the wrong tree.
There is no need to be upset.

Old
11-26-2012, 02:40 AM
poetryinmotion

He unleashed it on that buzzer beater the other game, that was an unreal roofer. It was almost EA NHL sports style where it looked like he botted a late period goal so that the cpu could get in close.

Old
11-26-2012, 02:51 AM
NotProkofievian

Quote:
He unleashed it on that buzzer beater the other game, that was an unreal roofer. It was almost EA NHL sports style where it looked like he botted a late period goal so that the cpu could get in close.
It was a really nice goal. But in his rookie season he scored some devastating goals with his wrist-shot. The kind of goal which he has been unable to score all this year. The kid can get a lot more power in his shot than that goal. For example, that goal in his rookie season which looked like Kovalev circa 2007, off the half-wall. The way he turns on that shot he gets so much torque out of his stick. That hasn't been done. As well, That is correct in his assessment of Galchenyuk vis-a-vis crashing the net. He would also be correct in pointing out that Galchenyuk's most potent weapon off the rush this year has been his passing.

Old
11-26-2012, 03:59 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
It was a really nice goal. But in his rookie season he scored some devastating goals with his wrist-shot. The kind of goal which he has been unable to score all this year. The kid can get a lot more power in his shot than that goal. For example, that goal in his rookie season which looked like Kovalev circa 2007, off the half-wall. The way he turns on that shot he gets so much torque out of his stick. That hasn't been done. As well, That is correct in his assessment of Galchenyuk vis-a-vis crashing the net. He would also be correct in pointing out that Galchenyuk's most potent weapon off the rush this year has been his passing.
I know exactly what you are talking about. The goal I mention is a mere preview of that one, but it was still nice because it was through a screen and he literally mystified his cover. How can he keep dong that so consistently? Even on that backhand he just knows what everyone is going to do and is quicker than them. Including the goalie.

Old
11-26-2012, 04:27 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

one of my friend is a oilers fans, and only now can i finally understand that feeling he's been having in his pants the last 2 years...

Closed Thread