HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Anyone want to play poker with Kessel?

Old
11-26-2012, 12:18 AM
TMLOBI

vCash: 500
This was at the WPT. Also there was a Kessel playing in WPT Montreal thread last week. This is a bit different though.

lol at Kessel missing the second shot. He obviously wasn't trying.. as those goalies wouldn't have saved a beach ball from a peewee player...

The second "goalie" is the all time leader in poker tournament cash with nearly $23.5 MILLION.

TMLOBI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 10:11 AM
GordieHoweHatTrick

Highly recommend checking out the venue

GordieHoweHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 10:38 AM
donkeyy0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLOBI View Post
This was at the WPT. Also there was a Kessel playing in WPT Montreal thread last week. This is a bit different though.

lol at Kessel missing the second shot. He obviously wasn't trying.. as those goalies wouldn't have saved a beach ball from a peewee player...

The second "goalie" is the all time leader in poker tournament cash with nearly $23.5 MILLION.
No way Esfandiari has that much. Seriously? I thought he had like 1 WPT bracelet or something. Guess he places a lot.

I forget the show, but there was once a show with the Unibomber and Esfandiari where they just went around betting on stupid stuff. Those two are the most entertaining poker players around.

Love Phil Laak, even tho he's so boring to watch at the table (cuz he's one of the tightest players ever).

I didn't realize Esfandiari was that accomplished though. I automatically think of Negreanu/Hellmuth/Ivey when I think of tournament players.

Lookinng at his Wiki page he won 18 mil in one shot. Wow...what a tournament.

donkeyy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 12:22 AM
Durrr

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeyy0 View Post
No way Esfandiari has that much. Seriously? I thought he had like 1 WPT bracelet or something. Guess he places a lot.

I forget the show, but there was once a show with the Unibomber and Esfandiari where they just went around betting on stupid stuff. Those two are the most entertaining poker players around.

Love Phil Laak, even tho he's so boring to watch at the table (cuz he's one of the tightest players ever).

I didn't realize Esfandiari was that accomplished though. I automatically think of Negreanu/Hellmuth/Ivey when I think of tournament players.

Yeah he won the one drop tournament this summer but besides that he really isn't considered to be an accomplished tournament player.

Durrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 08:49 PM
Polo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durrr View Post
Yeah he won the one drop tournament this summer but besides that he really isn't considered to be an accomplished tournament player.
the one drop that he won people had a lot of pieces of that prize money

Polo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 12:48 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeyy0 View Post

How do you not mention Brunson? The guys been around for centuries

12-05-2012, 10:16 AM
FrozenJagrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLOBI View Post
You know I check Negreanus blog every day.. man he is slacking. He used to have the weekly rant.. then it turned into the WHEN EVER THE **** I WANT TO POST blog. But I keep going back because when he does have a blog it is usually gold. I have not watched the new one but Kessel in Montreal to play poker?? I'm a poker fanatic but Montreal is too far. That would be cool to play poker with Kessel though.

I played at an underground club years ago and Kris Newbury was at the table. Very loose and not in a profitable way. I took a few hundred from him This was of course when he played for the Marlies and I had no idea who he was until someone mentioned he played for the Marlies.. they also knew Ian White but he was not at the card game.

I am pretty sure I heard that a lot of hockey players play poker.
It's not like it used to be. 20 years ago, poker was just what hockey players did. Roenick says that during his time in Phoenix, the players would regulalrly play for about 20 grand on their plane rides, and at one point he went up against Tkachuk for a hundred grand pot, but quickly realised things were getting out of hand with their betting and decided to split it.

FrozenJagrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 02:38 PM
TOGuy14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor99 View Post
Kessel is in Montreal?????

I smell a trade.
Can we send Komisarek back there?

I sure hope truckloads of smoked meat are coming back this way too

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote