HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

ALL JERSEY TALK HERE - [Who Needs Eisbaren Berlin When It's Flyers Season] Part five.

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2012, 02:31 PM
Ryker

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdalite View Post
BTW:
In what World is Steve Eminger's Gamer worth 150% of Coburn's and the same as Kimmo's and Gags'?... Just sayin'.
Well, these are all overpriced luxury and collectors items anyway, so it only takes a few people and not "the market" to drive the price up. It might just be the color, though

Old
11-25-2012, 03:34 PM
Sawdalite
AbleWasIEreISawLupul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
Well, these are all overpriced luxury and collectors items anyway, so it only takes a few people and not "the market" to drive the price up. It might just be the color, though
Yeah... the Blue jerseys do have it all over the white ones... which in this case were so very ordinary, while the color ones had some Pizazz... from the back, anyway.

In all seriousness though, I believe the crazy prices I was talking about were the ones initially set... before the bidding could set it askew. I actually expect that after the bidding gets rolling, the corrections should get somewhat into the mix. I'm not sure though how much it will correct as I do see that the Auction Company does seem to cater to the NYC crowd -- as Flountown alluded to -- Funny how it seems that the Mighty Steve Eminger has always had the folk hero aura surrounding him; he has accomplished much more in the minds of some fans than he has ever had a chance to do on the ice. I often look at him as the Dos Equis 'Worlds Most Interesting Man'... or a mini-Chuck Norris. Stevie has had an interesting career of in-between teams status.

That said... I don't think many people are aware of the auction... or maybe there is just very very little interest in it in this NHL LockOut time period.

Old
11-26-2012, 01:57 AM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 1050
I'm going to nab one at the end of the auction as long as the prices don't get astronomical. Probably end up with a non-Flyer but thats ok, will be sweet to have

Old
11-26-2012, 02:12 AM
PALE PWNR

What are the biggest differences between a 1.0 and 2.0 Reebok Edge and will Philly Express customize them properly?

Old
11-26-2012, 05:55 AM
Realize

Send a message via ICQ to Realize Send a message via MSN to Realize Send a message via Skype™ to Realize
Quote:
Originally Posted by s3x View Post
The authentics also have sublimated numbers, but do have some sponsor logos embroidered (blue and white jerseys only, not the pink -- that was fully sublimated).

Pro League Authentics has a couple replica Berlin jerseys and some others if you don't want to wait.

Personally, I don't like the jerseys and I'm not a fan of sublimation as it lacks any texture. It's kind of like wearing a heavy weight, dry fit long sleeve... no sense of occasion. My opinion, of course.
I can't understand how you really wanna get some of "our" very ugly DEL jerseys..
I really hate this advertisement on the jerseys.. Would wish they were more like the NHL's.

And I didn't even know that Giroux and Briere are playing for Berlin at the moment

Old
11-26-2012, 08:47 AM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PALE PWNR View Post
What are the biggest differences between a 1.0 and 2.0 Reebok Edge and will Philly Express customize them properly?
Philly Express won't customize the original Edge jerseys correctly but they will do the current jerseys correctly.

The majority of the Edge 2.0's body is made of AirKnit and that is the main difference between the two. The AirKnit material is far superior IMO because it is more durable and has a nicer feel to it. The 1.0's that i've had in the past have had pretty big pulls in them just from simple things like catching a finger nail on them. You won't have that with the 2.0's. With that said the 2.0's are much harder to come by.

And then after that you have the abomination that was the Indo-Edge, which was the Authentics the NHL released last year. All Authentics with the word-mark sold at retail at this point are Indo-Edges. They're made in Indonesia and are even poorer quality then the Edge 1.0's. I have never seen one in person but I have heard bad things.

Good news is that it seems that the NHL is heading to retail 2.0's. According to a poster on the IJ Boards, Reebok has shut down all hockey production in Indonesia and is going to be moving back to Canada. Recently teams such as the Rangers, Penguins, and the Canadian teams have had 2.0's up for sale at retail which has lead to speculation that after teams Indo-Edge stock runs out Reebok will start production on retail 2.0's.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
11-26-2012, 08:56 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
I'm going to nab one at the end of the auction as long as the prices don't get astronomical. Probably end up with a non-Flyer but thats ok, will be sweet to have
If you do, don't forget about the 15% buyers premium.

Old
11-26-2012, 12:06 PM
PALE PWNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Philly Express won't customize the original Edge jerseys correctly but they will do the current jerseys correctly.

The majority of the Edge 2.0's body is made of AirKnit and that is the main difference between the two. The AirKnit material is far superior IMO because it is more durable and has a nicer feel to it. The 1.0's that i've had in the past have had pretty big pulls in them just from simple things like catching a finger nail on them. You won't have that with the 2.0's. With that said the 2.0's are much harder to come by.

And then after that you have the abomination that was the Indo-Edge, which was the Authentics the NHL released last year. All Authentics with the word-mark sold at retail at this point are Indo-Edges. They're made in Indonesia and are even poorer quality then the Edge 1.0's. I have never seen one in person but I have heard bad things.

Good news is that it seems that the NHL is heading to retail 2.0's. According to a poster on the IJ Boards, Reebok has shut down all hockey production in Indonesia and is going to be moving back to Canada. Recently teams such as the Rangers, Penguins, and the Canadian teams have had 2.0's up for sale at retail which has lead to speculation that after teams Indo-Edge stock runs out Reebok will start production on retail 2.0's.
OK so MGG has some blanks on clearance all are the old style Black or White for 75 bucks whether its 1.0 or 2.0 was the reason I was asking, if theres no where to get it customized right I wont even bother. Also to the jersey fans around an Antti Miettinen Gamer is up on ebay right now listed at 153~ runs out in 8 or 9 hours its the Dallas Stars 3rd jersey when they had the cow head that seemed like a pretty good deal and is verified by MGG

Old
11-26-2012, 12:10 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
OK so MGG has some blanks on clearance all are the old style Black or White for 75 bucks whether its 1.0 or 2.0 was the reason I was asking, if theres no where to get it customized right I wont even bother. Also to the jersey fans around an Antti Miettinen Gamer is up on ebay right now listed at 153~ runs out in 8 or 9 hours its the Dallas Stars 3rd jersey when they had the cow head that seemed like a pretty good deal and is verified by MGG
Philly Express doesn't do the older style correct but I know Ruberti's can do them correctly. PM JohnnyOnTheSpot and he'll point you in the right direction. I've never used Ruberti's but I know JOTS has. He'll help you out.

Old
11-26-2012, 01:09 PM
flountown

Quote:
The customization between a 1.0 and 2.0 won't be different. It solely depends in the style of the jersey. You can get the old Edge Flyers' styles in 1.0 or 2.0 but the customization will be the same, and do not take it to Philly Express, utilize Ruberti's or save the hassle and pay a little extra for PLA in the city to handle the back and forth.

Old
11-26-2012, 08:05 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Decided to hang all my jerseys today. Not the best looking but I'll take it as a college student. The Schenn and Giroux gamers aren't coming anywhere near here haha.

Old
11-26-2012, 09:38 PM
RonHextall27

Quote:
I picked up a couple of the blank sweaters on MGG. One black and one white 2007-2010 style. They are Edge 2.0, mostly airknit with some of the Edge 1.0 materials used, mainly on the back panel. They have the old Reebok vector logo on the neck.

I have an Edge 1.0 retail authentic 07-10 Black and 2010- Orange, and the Edge 2.0's are vastly superior in all aspects. One thing I will note though, is that the 2.0's seem to fit a lot like the older pre Edge instead of having the more streamlined cut of the edge 1.0. I use these for pick up hockey and a 54 in Edge 1.0 is about perfect, while the same in 2.0 is a bit big in the elbows and chest. Not much, but I would have gone with a 52 on the 2.0 if I could do it over and could find that size.

Old
11-27-2012, 12:36 PM
PALE PWNR

Quote:

Decided to hang all my jerseys today. Not the best looking but I'll take it as a college student. The Schenn and Giroux gamers aren't coming anywhere near here haha.
Jersey came in today thanks a lot HC

Old
11-27-2012, 12:36 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Jersey came in today thanks a lot HC
No problem, What's your opinion on them?

Old
11-27-2012, 12:58 PM
PALE PWNR

Quote:
No problem, What's your opinion on them?
It's different, I didn't really know what to expect I just wanted to have one. I'll enjoy wearing it to games and getting odd looks or talking about it with people haha. I'm glad you convinced me to get a 52, the jersey seems long, I've got a Timonen that is a 56 and the sleeves on that are longer by about 3 or 4 inches but the actual length of the Timonen jersey is shorter by an inch or 2. It's pretty lightweight and overall I'm pretty satisfied with it.

Old
11-27-2012, 01:06 PM
PALE PWNR

Old
11-27-2012, 06:53 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
Has anyone ever dealt with IceJerseys? I'm thinking about getting a customized Timonen Finland jersey and I want to get what I'm paying for.

Old
11-28-2012, 06:11 AM
StandingCow

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingForsberg View Post
Has anyone ever dealt with IceJerseys? I'm thinking about getting a customized Timonen Finland jersey and I want to get what I'm paying for.
I did, got a premiere WC jersey through them, no complaints.

Old
11-28-2012, 06:50 AM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingCow View Post
I did, got a premiere WC jersey through them, no complaints.
Thanks. You got it customized? If so everything was properly stiched on?

Old
12-01-2012, 10:17 AM
Flyers845

2006-2007 set 1 road jersey. It's pretty beat up good wear on it has a captains A removed most likey pre season I haven't found a pic yet. Still looking for a photomatch.

Old
12-02-2012, 12:32 PM
JWomp

Did anyone happen to order an extra Briere or Giroux Polar Bears shirt? I'm looking for a size L but it's not worth it for me to order directly from the team with that kind of shipping charge. Hoping somebody on here might have bought in bulk with plans to re-sell. Please message me if you can help...thanks so much!

Old
12-02-2012, 01:30 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:

Is the Red the home colour?

I see 2 folks got Red - why?

Thanks. I have a friend in Germany now, hoping to pick one up for me... not the 'real' one with sewn on stuff... Also for those that have them, how do they fit compared to NA sizes...

Thanks much guys!

Old
12-02-2012, 03:54 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post

Thanks. I have a friend in Germany now, hoping to pick one up for me... not the 'real' one with sewn on stuff... Also for those that have them, how do they fit compared to NA sizes...

Thanks much guys!

I just got the red because I thought it looked the best. To my knowledge Giroux/Briere have only worn the Red jersey once up to this point. I believe the Blue jerseys are the home jerseys.

A 50 is considered a Large for the Eisbaren jerseys and a 52 is a Large for Reebok (IIRC). I layed my 50 Eisbaren on top of a 52 Edge 2.0 and they were pretty similar besides the sleeves, where the German one had shorter sleeves.

Old
12-02-2012, 07:10 PM
PALE PWNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post

Thanks much guys!
Yea I got a 52 and I layed it on a 56 I had, the sleeves are considerable shorter like 3 or 4 inches. The actual length of the jersey is longer though by an inch or so. I got red because I though it looked the best, its their alternate jersey.

Old
12-03-2012, 06:19 PM
flountown

Did anyone read the text on the German jersey tags? I don't know if its a lost in translation thing, but how sensual do all your jerseys feel?

Closed Thread