HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Red Wings Prospects Tracker - Part IV - The Search for More Prospects

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2012, 12:18 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
A broken ankle can be a lot better than a sprain, havent heard how bad his is though yet. Might just be a one week thing, could be out 2 months
Would be a very big loss for the Canada WJC team. I have a hard time seeing them winning in Russia but without Harrington and Ouellet taking on the Yakupov assignment and with Murray gone, that is a bleak picture.

Old
11-26-2012, 06:08 AM
Anchor Town

Quote:
A broken ankle can be a lot better than a sprain, havent heard how bad his is though yet. Might just be a one week thing, could be out 2 months
Well yeah, that all depends on what degree of a sprain it is. By the sound of it it's not that bad

Old
11-26-2012, 11:27 AM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
Well yeah, that all depends on what degree of a sprain it is. By the sound of it it's not that bad
I havent heard anything about how bad it is, where did you see that?

Old
11-26-2012, 03:13 PM
joe89

Quote:
I havent heard anything about how bad it is, where did you see that?
I ran some french tweet through translate, said he's gonna miss at least a week but isn't believed to be serious.

Old
11-26-2012, 04:48 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
I ran some french tweet through translate, said he's gonna miss at least a week but isn't believed to be serious.
Thats good news. I was thinking the other day how pissed I wuold be if he didnt get to go because of an injury and then 2 days later he leaves the game

Old
11-27-2012, 04:26 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

We need to have Oullette playing in the world junior tournament, the biggest stage at that age.

Old
11-27-2012, 04:50 PM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
We need to have Oullette playing in the world junior tournament, the biggest stage at that age.
I've probably seen every possible combination for Xavier's name around here. Is spelling Ouellet really that complicated?

Old
11-27-2012, 05:13 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
I've probably seen every possible combination for Xavier's name around here. Is spelling Ouellet really that complicated?
It really is, I never get it right it seems.

Old
11-27-2012, 05:44 PM
Vatican Roulette
Mona Lisa Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
It really is, I never get it right it seems.
Isn't that a traditional French spelling of the name?(with the e on the end)

Old
11-27-2012, 05:44 PM
Anchor Town

It's really not that complicated, there's pretty much only two ways to spell Ouellet, like that, or like Ouellette. Xavier's is the shorter version.

Old
11-27-2012, 06:49 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

He should just put "Xavi" on the back instead

Old
11-27-2012, 08:52 PM
newfy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette View Post
Isn't that a traditional French spelling of the name?(with the e on the end)
Adding e to the end of a word in french usually makes it a masculine or feminine word. Not traditional

Old
11-28-2012, 03:16 AM
FabricDetails

Quote:
It's really not that complicated, there's pretty much only two ways to spell Ouellet, like that, or like Ouellette. Xavier's is the shorter version.
I knew a couple kids in high school who spelled Ouellette that way. It's kind of why I struggle with it whenever I try to mention his name.

Old
11-28-2012, 09:25 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 872
Good that Ouellet is not badly injured. I think it's big to play at WJCs, could be good for he's development.

Tvrdon already lost for this season, no need to lose kids anymore.

Quine with 1+1, -1 yesterday.
Nedolmel with an assist.

Old
11-28-2012, 10:19 AM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

I saw MacKenzie cover the possibilities of WJC defensemen last night. Ouellet was one of the top 6 defenseman (paired with Harrington) on his list. However Sproul was not.

I don't think Quine will be on anyone's radar for the forwards.

Old
11-28-2012, 01:11 PM
ChadS

I was suprised when MacKenzie mentioned Paterson as one of the options as backup on Twitter. Had not heard that from anyone else so far, despite him playing at the SS.
Quote:
Q: who are the front runners to be between the pipes for Canada? Subban and?
A: BOS 1st rder Malcolm Subban is favorite in goal. Other contenders: Binnington, Brossoit, Marcoux, Paterson, maybe Fucale or Comrie.
Here's the latest Prospect Report, this one on Ryan Sproul: http://video.redwings.nhl.com/videoc...90244&catid=-6

Last edited by ChadS: 11-28-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Old
11-28-2012, 11:37 PM
Anchor Town

They're apparently allowed 3 goalies this year so Paterson has an outside shot at making the team (even though he wouldn't play)

Old
11-29-2012, 01:21 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
They're apparently allowed 3 goalies this year so Paterson has an outside shot at making the team (even though he wouldn't play)
He is eligible for next year, my guess is that spot goes to either an 18 year old that can play the next season. So Paterson being younger helps, if he was a fall birthday I would say he has no shot.

Of course Fucale can make three straight, so that might help him even more.

Old
11-29-2012, 03:59 AM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 872
Sproul just keeps pounding the points. 2 assists, on a 5-4 win. Was on ice for two goals against, though.

Hudon with nothing.

Nedolmel 0+1, +2.

Old
11-29-2012, 04:09 AM
Henkka

When planning the Griffins next year defence that Jiri Fischer's "they have to be dominating" -philosophy leaves Marchenko to Russia. He has to get 1st pair role, before making a jump over the pond?

Old
11-29-2012, 04:34 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
When planning the Griffins next year defence that Jiri Fischer's "they have to be dominating" -philosophy leaves Marchenko to Russia. He has to get 1st pair role, before making a jump over the pond?
Wouldn't Almqvist be a better example. Sure his ice time is getting better, but they will do what they feel is best for Marchenko. Not too mention the CBA might have a great impact on how he feels about coming over anyway now. They prefer them to dominate at each level and it makes those decisions easier. But it is clear they take different approaches with different guys.

What I think he was talking about more than anything is they keep out of some of the you must do this stuff. They encourage guys to develop certain parts of their game but really just want them to do their very best for their current team. Kind of a winning mentality, like Nedomlel offense shoots up but he isn't pulling his weight defensively. Concentrate in your own zone help your team win more was his message.

They also do a lot of talk about dominating your shift and making a difference the whole game. Harping on uneven performances, I don't think it is just statistics. How does Marchenko look when he is actually playing, that kind of stuff? If we were coaching would he be earning more ice time? I think it is a feel process, but the message to each guy is if you're dominating that impresses us the most, which is an easier message to communicate.

But even guys like Nestrasil, Jurco, and Tvrdon have heard or been told the numbers might indicate dominance but we don't see it enough.

Old
11-29-2012, 04:42 AM
Henkka

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Wouldn't Almqvist be a better example. Sure his ice time is getting better, but they will do what they feel is best for Marchenko. Not too mention the CBA might have a great impact on how he feels about coming over anyway now. They prefer them to dominate at each level and it makes those decisions easier. But it is clear they take different approaches with different guys.
But for defence, we just have too much of those guys whose only option at next season is AHL. (Lashoff, Nicastro, Ouellet, Sproul, Almqvist, Jensen, Nedomlel) So let's take them first and keep those (Marchenko) with European option at Europe? Just common sense.

Old
11-29-2012, 05:59 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henkka View Post
But for defence, we just have too much of those guys whose only option at next season is AHL. (Lashoff, Nicastro, Ouellet, Sproul, Almqvist, Jensen, Nedomlel) So let's take them first and keep those (Marchenko) with European option at Europe? Just common sense.
That's something they very much take into consideration I think. Euro prospects have two choices, most guys in NA are stuck with one. Many organizations bring over guys doing great in Europe even if they're not NHL ready, while Wings see that as a good opportunity to let them stay because it's a good development chance at home. And it gives guys over in NA a better chance/another chance. But of course, every situation is different.

Old
11-29-2012, 07:01 AM
Henkka

And I really like that group of those seven prospects. Without any veteran there. Just like Portland is doing this season with Ekman-Larsson, Rundblad, Brodeur, Stone, Summers and Gormley. Let the kids just play. Veteran leader can be forward. Put Chelios behind the bench.

We have quite nice package of different guys there.

Ouellet 6'1 - Overall defenceman, Left-handed, 1st PP, 1st/2nd PK.
Sproul 6'3 - Offensive defenceman, Right-handed, 1st PP, maybe 2nd PK.
Almqvist 5'11 - Offensive defenceman, Left-handed, 2nd PP
Jensen 6'0 - Offensive defenceman, Right-handed, 2nd PP
Lashoff 6'3 - Defensive defenceman, Left-handed, 1st/2nd PK
Nicastro 6'2 - Defensive defenceman, Right-handed, 1st/2nd PK
Nedomlel 6'4 - Physical defenseman, Left-handed, 2nd PK

Old
11-29-2012, 12:12 PM
TNigs

I remember hearing a broadcaster say Lashoff would be the first call up to the big club if there was an injury. I know it's probably because the Wings wouldn't want Paetsch or Evans, for obvious reasons. But would Lashoff have any chance of making the big club next year as a 7th dman, or would they possibly let him walk?

Closed Thread