HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 5)

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2012, 06:53 PM
Ottomatic

vCash: 500
With Bilcke and Clark having 6 fights a piece, I think Bowen should start playing regularly. I'm fine with him as our 6th defenceman at this point, and suspect he'll play forward when Ty or Emerson are sitting out their suspensions. Even more so with Schoenmakers traded away.

Old
11-25-2012, 07:05 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
With Bilcke and Clark having 6 fights a piece, I think Bowen should start playing regularly. I'm fine with him as our 6th defenceman at this point, and suspect he'll play forward when Ty or Emerson are sitting out their suspensions. Even more so with Schoenmakers traded away.
With Verbeek out now as well I agree Bowen should more ice and when everybody returns dresses instead of Mcnaughton

Old
11-25-2012, 07:13 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
What about acquiring somebody like Mathew Campagna from the Wolves? Would he be available? Not familiar enough with Sudbury, just looking at centers on bad teams and figure we could dangle our 17 yr olds for teams looking at a longer rebuild.
Not a bad buy low guy. The Wolves are a mess they blew a 4 goal lead with 4:30 left last night and gave up 2 goals in the final 30 seconds and then lost in a shootout. Coaches should be blown out of town after that one.

Old
11-25-2012, 07:15 PM
big papa

If Koko comes back i could see OwenSound and Oshawa being good fits for a trading partner as both will look to contend this season

Old
11-25-2012, 07:30 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Not sure what to do re Johnson,as for DeAngelo he wanted out last yr,he is a riverboat gambler,would u trade Ebert for him straight up or a better question would they
At the point where I just want more talent on the team. I would love a stay at home D that's very talented but you aren't going to get Stuart Percy, Adam Pelech, Dylan DeMelo(might be his last year in the O), Slater Koekkoek etc.. So you try and get the most talented guy and trust he can play with defensively responsible guys like Sieloff or Sanvido.

Old
11-25-2012, 07:43 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by big papa View Post
If Koko comes back i could see OwenSound and Oshawa being good fits for a trading partner as both will look to contend this season
I don't think Koko would come back to be traded. But if he was possibly open to it I think Oshawa would make more sense given DJ Smith is there. Gennies only have one import as well.

It would be ideal for us if he wanted to play for a contender. Khokhlachev for Cole Cassels

Old
11-25-2012, 07:44 PM
hockeylegend11

I think with the injuries to Clarke and Verbeek Spits need to add a forward,afterall up to now they have only 12 forwards on the roster,now down to 10,and Sanvido out at least one more,there is a need to fill a roster spot
Organizationaly they can use/call up Brendan McCann and or Mitch Graham,though he no loner playing for Leamington after starting the year in Lasalle, and thats it,others that the team have on their 50 player list are 16 years old and not signed,I am thinking Leslie,Hughes and Cobham,as well as 17 year old Dylan Wallace,the other forwards are American based who wont be called upon anyways

Old
11-25-2012, 07:45 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
I don't think Koko would come back to be traded. But if he was possibly open to it I think Oshawa would make more sense given DJ Smith is there.
I agree If Koko comes back,he is not coming back to be dealt

Old
11-25-2012, 09:34 PM
Hawks3

Verbeek took a puck off the foot in the 1st and left the game

Old
11-25-2012, 09:34 PM
hockeylegend11

Heard GM Rychel was at the Brampton vs Sudbury game on Sunday,possible targets could be O/A forward Michael Kantor,94 born forward JC Campagna,Def Justin Sefton-93 born from the Wolves

Old
11-25-2012, 09:37 PM
Hawks3

I think the power play looked alot better without Ho-Sang, it looked more discplined and organized. Not knocking Josh but when he is on the PP they are always looking for him and not the open man.

Old
11-25-2012, 09:42 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Heard GM Rychel was at the Brampton vs Sudbury game on Sunday,possible targets could be O/A forward Michael Kantor,94 born forward JC Campagna,Def Justin Sefton-93 born from the Wolves
What are the chances a Frank Corrado would be back as an OA next season? Would the Wolves even be open to trading their captain?

I could see a big trade between these two teams - Sudbury just had a huge meltdown, and both would be looking for big changes/shake-ups. WR still wants to build for next year, Wolves looking two years down the road. Maletta and Bateman should intrigue Sudbury a bit one would think.

(Also you mean Matthew Campagna)

Last edited by Ottomatic: 11-25-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Old
11-25-2012, 10:03 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
What are the chances a Frank Corrado would be back as an OA next season? Would the Wolves even be open to trading their captain?

I could see a big trade between these two teams - Sudbury just had a huge meltdown, and both would be looking for big changes/shake-ups. WR still wants to build for next year, Wolves looking two years down the road. Maletta and Bateman should intrigue Sudbury a bit one would think.
I understand what u are saying though the Wolves had a nice bounce back win vs Brampton,dont think Sudbury would take both Maletta and Bateman,maybe 1,Bateman seeing as they are looking for defence help,make a multi player deal Bateman plus picks for Campagna and Kantor,edc pks work,getting Murphy allows for this deal if Windsor is so inclined

Old
11-25-2012, 10:06 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:

(Also you mean Matthew Campagna)
Yeah u are right,re Campagna nice catch Otto,as for Corrado I think Vancouver turns him pro next yr

Old
11-25-2012, 10:10 PM
jughead42

Quote:
It was interesting that an intermission segment on friday's game about OHL players going on the ice with young kids featured an interview with Adam Bateman about his experience as a kid. Apparently he skated with the Brampton Battalion as a boy, and spoke pretty fondly of it. I could see that being a landing place for the kid if he's traded, but I hope he packs his winter coat so he's ready for the eventual move to North Bay. Of course it's more likely Rychel was looking at the Wolves with their meltdown in progress. I agree their captain would be a nice pickup. I also agree we shouldn't be flipping Koko if he returns. He's going to make a huge impact if it happens, our powerplay will instantly become credible and it would allow us to sprinkle some magic on the top two lines instead of just the first by bumping HoSang.

Old
11-25-2012, 10:18 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
I think with the injuries to Clarke and Verbeek Spits need to add a forward,afterall up to now they have only 12 forwards on the roster,now down to 10,and Sanvido out at least one more,there is a need to fill a roster spot
Organizationaly they can use/call up Brendan McCann and or Mitch Graham,though he no loner playing for Leamington after starting the year in Lasalle, and thats it,others that the team have on their 50 player list are 16 years old and not signed,I am thinking Leslie,Hughes and Cobham,as well as 17 year old Dylan Wallace,the other forwards are American based who wont be called upon anyways
Another forward I forgot to mention who is in the organization is Rw Ryan Watson-94 born currently play for Stratford Jr B where he has 10 G and 15 assists in 23 games,kid has looked good at spitfire camps the past 2 years just not given a shot

Old
11-25-2012, 10:33 PM
Ottomatic

Only player that would make sense from Battalion would be Brandon Robinson - IIRC Spits really liked him that draft year. Can't see them trading Wind.

If Sudbury needs defencemen I can't see them moving Sefton unless we're throwing in a Bowen to give them the toughness back along with a Bateman and a forward - Clarke, Maletta, Johnson.

Something like Bateman, Clarke and Bowen for Campagna, Sefton and Kantor? This would assume Sefton is back as an OA next year.

Rychel|Vail|Ho-Sang
Johnson|Campagna|Marchese
Lorentz|Maletta|Kantor
Clark|Studnicka|Bilcke
(Verbeek)

Sieloff-Murphy
Posa-Ebert
Sefton-Sanvido
(McNaughton-Brown)

Last edited by Ottomatic: 11-25-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old
11-25-2012, 11:38 PM
NHL Fanatic

Lets be realistic, why would Bateman want to go Sudbury, no chance

Old
11-25-2012, 11:47 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
Lets be realistic, why would Bateman want to go Sudbury, no chance
It's really not Batemans choice, if he's requested as part of the right deal then I'm sure Rychel will send him on his way. Adam hasnt got a say in where he goes.

Old
11-26-2012, 05:42 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
It's really not Batemans choice, if he's requested as part of the right deal then I'm sure Rychel will send him on his way. Adam hasnt got a say in where he goes.
Actually he does have a say as he has a no trade clause,no doubt it could sticky here if things were to occur
He may be struggling here,though I think Adam has put together his best 2 games of the season to date,and playing devil"s advocate here I doubt with the situation in Sudbury he would get better
It is easy for us outsiders to considers moves to help a team we support much more difficult for those involved personally

Old
11-26-2012, 06:19 AM
punch1943

Quote:
I agree If Koko comes back,he is not coming back to be dealt
Spits, as precarious as their situation is, hold the hammer. Should he want to return he'll play where the Spits say. If Koko wants to come back to North America (IMHO) he will do so only if he's arriving in a winning situation. The way the Spits are playing at the moment, they will be in the running for a playoff spot, not contending for the Memorial Cup. It would be much better for both parties if Koko played elsewhere (eg. London, Oshawa or Barrie).

Old
11-26-2012, 06:39 AM
punch1943

Quote:
Actually he does have a say as he has a no trade clause,no doubt it could sticky here if things were to occur
He may be struggling here,though I think Adam has put together his best 2 games of the season to date,and playing devil"s advocate here I doubt with the situation in Sudbury he would get better
It is easy for us outsiders to considers moves to help a team we support much more difficult for those involved personally
IMHO no-trade clauses are virtually worthless. In Bateman's case he/his agent would probably be pleased to get out of town on the first Porter flight available, if you consider the ice time he's getting. Certainly his wish would be to go to a contender but he was in a better bargaining position when he forced the trade to the Spitfires. The addition of Murphy puts Bateman further down in the pecking order and he may get even less ice time than he's getting now. If the Spits attempt to trade him and he refuses to go, he'd probably sit until he begged to get out.

Old
11-26-2012, 09:03 AM
OHLTG

What about something like...

Maletta + Bateman + ?? for Sefton + Campagna?

Old
11-26-2012, 09:03 AM
Ottomatic

Windsor is a worse situation for Bateman if he's not getting any playing time. This is his draft year - a huge year for him. And if he could get top four minutes in Sudbury, he's much better off.

I wonder if Dalen Kuchmey could be included in the deal going the other way, he's having a good year with Strathroy (numbers wise at least) but could be blocked behind OA Pavelka and DeKort all next year as well which isn't good for him whereas Sudbury has an OA goalie this year who will obviously move on. Unless he's looking towards the NCAA route now, as I believe he still has eligibility.

Old
11-26-2012, 09:11 AM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
What about something like...

Maletta + Bateman + ?? for Sefton + Campagna?
I mentioned this above and Legend didn't believe Sudbury would take both Maletta and Bateman, I assume because of their Gold Packages. Now Campagna has one himself so one-for-one they'd cancel each other out, but taking on the second one could be an issue. We'd have to be sure Sefton is back as an OA - something we couldn't be sure of. So I'd want a conditional pick involved where if he doesn't come back we get a high pick in return in the 2014 draft (to help with a rebuild). I think Bowen and Kuchmey could be players that would interest Sudbury - they need defence so swapping Bateman for Sefton leaves them the same numbers wise with a lot less toughness, so Bowen would make sense for them and he's still outside of our 6-7 here. Assuming Pavelka comes back as an OA/Import combo next year, along with DeKort, Dalen will be blocked again and would need to be moved for his own sake (unless he's looking at the NCAA route now).

We throw in both players, they send OA Kantor our way.

Closed Thread