HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Official Dinamo Riga Thread 2012/2013 season talk

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2012, 03:11 AM
SoundAndFury

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
I don't know if this has been discussed before or not, but why exactly did you guys get Ivanans?
He is a perfect fit for one of the many "overpaid crappy veteran" spots, filling in the biggest one left by Ozolinsh.

Old
11-26-2012, 05:43 AM
RobertR

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
He is a perfect fit for one of the many "overpaid crappy veteran" spots, filling in the biggest one left by Ozolinsh.
Seriously? Old crappy Ozo was our best d-men i the first two season, hand down. Yeah, he had sat back in his game last season, but still, I`am pretty confident that hes contribution to the team was "little" larger that Ivanans is right now. He was our Captain, leader in the locker.

And talking about over payment, yeah, Ozo was still a little bit overpaid, but considering he easily could of get 2-3 times bigger contract in pretty much any big team in the league, i don`t think this matters so much.

He is 3 year older right now, and still getting paid more in Atlant, that he get in the first season with DR. For the record.

Old
11-26-2012, 06:33 AM
oko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
I don't know if this has been discussed before or not, but why exactly did you guys get Ivanans?
Well, that's easy: he is latvian, he could get fans attention, he doesn't cost much. Actually, last factor is the most important...

Old
11-26-2012, 08:46 AM
GX

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertR View Post
I`am pretty confident that hes contribution to the team was "little" larger that Ivanans is right now.
He also cost a "little" more than Ivanans does.

But yeah, team currently lacks a leader - it's hard to say, what atmosphere you could expect in Dinamo lockers right now, but it's clear that Galviņš isn't the one trying to stick the team together.

As for Raitis, some six years ago he was the one who taught Latvians what an enforcer is and what his duties on the ice are. Unfortunately, he hasn't been performing almost any of them (although I don't see any reasons why he couldn't), and that might have a lot to do with the coaches not letting him. Thus the question, why we got him, is valid.

Old
11-26-2012, 09:08 AM
BalticWarrior

The only thing that is clear is that this season is lost,i mean if we are going to flush this season down the toilet,why not let young guys like Rihards Bukarts and Golovkovs play for the big club ,maybe theyll turn out succesful and will be useful next year.

Old
11-29-2012, 10:56 PM
BalticWarrior

1:3 loss to Moscow, it hurts to watch the team because it`s not like our guys are not trying,but theres just not enough skill,goddamnit savickis-give us back Mikelis Redlihs,Lauris Darzins,Hossa,Masalskis and to that add kulda,pujacs and bartulis AND THEN you can dream about hoisting the cup,you greedy ****er.

Old
11-30-2012, 01:38 AM
Helpoing
21st c schizoid man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
1:3 loss to Moscow, it hurts to watch the team because it`s not like our guys are not trying,but theres just not enough skill,goddamnit savickis-give us back Mikelis Redlihs,Lauris Darzins,Hossa,Masalskis and to that add kulda,pujacs and bartulis AND THEN you can dream about hoisting the cup,you greedy ****er.
If we won't have lots of skill, then we would need huge amounts of willpower and an ideal coach (like Znarok and Vitolins in HK MVD). The first period was very neat: we had the speed, determination, Telly stopped a pair of difficult shots. Lack of speed and loss of concentration in the 2nd cost us the game. In the 3rd guys already seemed to give up (except for 3-4 minute episode in the middle of the period) and OHK players maintained a nice defense.

Old
11-30-2012, 03:41 AM
SoundAndFury

The scary thing for me is that basically there's no light at the end of the tunnel for Riga. From now on you guys can be basement dwellers for years to come, there's no way of fixing this situation.

With 14 teams in the conference, playoffs are out of reach as every year there will be at least 10 teams with surely better rosters. While in Riga almost all the core players have contracts for next season so once again there will be pretty much the same crappy team.

Old
11-30-2012, 06:49 AM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
sorry guys, love your country and the fans, times will get better!

Old
11-30-2012, 08:08 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
The scary thing for me is that basically there's no light at the end of the tunnel for Riga. From now on you guys can be basement dwellers for years to come, there's no way of fixing this situation.

With 14 teams in the conference, playoffs are out of reach as every year there will be at least 10 teams with surely better rosters. While in Riga almost all the core players have contracts for next season so once again there will be pretty much the same crappy team.
Well there is.. kind of,but it`s a long term solution- basically we give alot of young guys like Rihards Bukarts,Golovkovs,Indrasis,Upitis 1st/2nd line minutes and hope they will be leaders after a few years.

Old
11-30-2012, 08:20 AM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Well there is.. kind of,but it`s a long term solution- basically we give alot of young guys like Rihards Bukarts,Golovkovs,Indrasis,Upitis 1st/2nd line minutes and hope they will be leaders after a few years.
And as soon as they'll become legit KHL 1st liners they'll leave to Lokomotiv, Ak Bars or CSKA. How is it a solution?

Old
11-30-2012, 03:50 PM
GX

Quote:
While in Riga almost all the core players have contracts for next season so once again there will be pretty much the same crappy team.
That's not a problem in KHL. With the player's association being established only recently, there are still many contracts ended by "mutual agreements". All that's necessary is will to change things.

Quote:
And as soon as they'll become legit KHL 1st liners they'll leave to Lokomotiv, Ak Bars or CSKA. How is it a solution?
Get them to sign multi-year deals, while they're still 16. Both Indrašis and Bičevskis have contracts for the next three seasons, although I seriously doubt that Bičevskis will play in the KHL next year, as he will no longer be a "junior" by KHL standards.

Also, when Lauris Dārziņš moved to Kazan, he had one year on his contract left, and was sold to Ak Bars Kazan, thus the team can also make some extra cash to spend on mediocre North Americans this way.

Old
11-30-2012, 05:42 PM
marciiauzii

Send a message via Skype™ to marciiauzii
I'm thinking when the season ends and we're at the very bottom in standings, what will be blamed? Giroux, Johnson, Szcezchura, Carle and Tellqvist for poor effort? and all will be let go? I'm thinking yes. At least last season they did it with everyone. Although I like all 5 of them, but somehow they are not good enough...or the supporting Latvian players are not good enough.

Old
11-30-2012, 05:46 PM
marciiauzii

and hey look...
Rob Schremp debuts in Austria
4 assists playing on 3rd line...and I wont say that Austria is much worse hockey league than KHL.
I'm thinkin Dinamo just couldnt use good players right..

Old
11-30-2012, 07:47 PM
ult

Quote:
Originally Posted by marciiauzii View Post
4 assists playing on 3rd line...and I wont say that Austria is much worse hockey league than KHL.
Think again. Especially since you have an evidence in your post.

Old
11-30-2012, 09:30 PM
Ryker

Quote:
and hey look...
EBEL and KHL aren't comparable in terms of quality, and the difference is palpable. EBEL isn't a bad league by any means, and KHL teams wouldn't exactly run the better teams there over, but in a game that mattered I don't see there ever being a question of who the winner will be.

And as far as Schremp is concerned, it's only been a single game, and blowouts like this one happen quite often in EBEL, especially when compared to the KHL.

Old
11-30-2012, 11:02 PM
marciiauzii

Im just thinking what is Dinamo Riga mindset...

Old
12-01-2012, 02:49 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
and hey look...
Hahaha,what? It`s not only worse,it`s worse by quite a margin.

Old
12-01-2012, 07:12 AM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GX View Post
That's not a problem in KHL. With the player's association being established only recently, there are still many contracts ended by "mutual agreements". All that's necessary is will to change things.

Get them to sign multi-year deals, while they're still 16. Both Indrašis and Bičevskis have contracts for the next three seasons, although I seriously doubt that Bičevskis will play in the KHL next year, as he will no longer be a "junior" by KHL standards.

Also, when Lauris Dārziņš moved to Kazan, he had one year on his contract left, and was sold to Ak Bars Kazan, thus the team can also make some extra cash to spend on mediocre North Americans this way.
This,and it was smart move to sign Rihards Bukarts a 3 year deal (He`s the best prospect we have in our prospect pool)

Old
12-01-2012, 10:32 AM
marciiauzii

Quote:
Hahaha,what? It`s not only worse,it`s worse by quite a margin.
With Brassard, Schremp, Dorsett, Auld, Scalzo, Levebre, Vanek, Nodl, Grabner, Myers, Cogliano, Gagner, Lundmark, Spurgeon, Jeffrey, Mursak, Bickell...on their Leauge...I would say that few teams there could compete with KHL teams. So not that bad.

Old
12-01-2012, 12:14 PM
Ryker

Quote:
With Brassard, Schremp, Dorsett, Auld, Scalzo, Levebre, Vanek, Nodl, Grabner, Myers, Cogliano, Gagner, Lundmark, Spurgeon, Jeffrey, Mursak, Bickell...on their Leauge...I would say that few teams there could compete with KHL teams. So not that bad.
You're speaking as someone who hasn't seen an EBEL game before. Like I said, not a bad league, but not on the level of KHL.

Old
12-01-2012, 01:00 PM
RobertR

Who cares about the league strength?

Fact, that Schremp is a really good player who, for some reason, couldn't show his actual game with us.

Old
12-01-2012, 01:58 PM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
No they couldn't.

1. Decent Allsvenskan scorers or point-per-game ECHL players are stars in the EBEL. They could hardly find a place for themselves in any KHL team even if there wouldn't be foreigner limit.

2. While EBEL has your mentioned players half of them simply came back to play at home and will be gone as soon as the lockout is over (Grabner, Vanek, Nodl, Mursak, etc.). Few Canadian NHL'ers chose to play in EBEL but they are mostly role players with exception of Gagner and Myers. Some guys on your list (Schremp, Lundmark) failed to prove they are valuable KHL players. And regarding few of these players it's hard to find a reason why you included them in this list at all. For example Auld is backup for a 19 year old Slovenian kid whom I've never seen and can't even remember his name.

At the same time Allsvenskan has few bona fide NHL stars like Kopitar and Bobby Ryan and bunch of solid NHL'ers like Landeskog, Matt Read, Cam Fowler, Grossman, Butler, Hagelin (not anymore though), Berglund, Backlund, Hornqvist, Murray and I'm positive I forgot few others. Does that mean Allsvenskan is on par with KHL?

3. Best/wealthiest EBEL teams (Medvescak, Salzburg) would be mediocore/competitive Allsvenskan teams. Could such team play in the KHL?

4. Hungarian NT is basically Sapa Fehervar minus 1st line (NA imports) plus Bartalis, Janos Hari and few other guys. They are solid EBEL team, currently in the fourth place of the standings. Hungary lost qualifiers to the Olympics to the Netherlands while playing at home. Could you imagine KHL team losing a game of such importance to the freakin Netherlands?

In conclusion, level of EBEL is a lot closer to VHL than the KHL although the style of the game is different. EBEL teams would surely be dead ducks in the KHL. Frankly I think they would finish with no more than 20 points.

Old
12-03-2012, 11:51 AM
marciiauzii

Vitalijs Pavlovs has joined Dinamo.
Couldnt get a spot on the training camp and now is a good enough to get signed over Martins Cipulis. Just wtf.

Old
12-03-2012, 04:56 PM
perklunt
smaržas parfume.lv

Quote:
Vitalijs Pavlovs has joined Dinamo.
Couldnt get a spot on the training camp and now is a good enough to get signed over Martins Cipulis. Just wtf.
i just dont trust this team anymore while there is guys like Savickis and CO

Closed Thread