HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

The Walking Dead: Season 3 (Part III)

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2012, 08:41 AM
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again

vCash: 500
Kinda pissed me off how michonne didn't mention one word about Andrea or Merle to Rick. Is it that hard to put the pieces together Michonne? Andrea knows Merle, who knows Glenn, who knows the rest of the group. UGGGGGG

Old
11-26-2012, 08:41 AM
Johnny Bravo
1st overall again

Quote:
Originally Posted by fst6 View Post
Idk about Oscar making it
He will probably be replaced, just like T-dog

Old
11-26-2012, 09:15 AM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
Kinda pissed me off how michonne didn't mention one word about Andrea or Merle to Rick. Is it that hard to put the pieces together Michonne? Andrea knows Merle, who knows Glenn, who knows the rest of the group. UGGGGGG
Then there wouldn't be as much drama when they confront Merle and Andrea.

Old
11-26-2012, 09:54 AM
Mr Jiggyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
In the previews I saw, Daryl was still crouching down outside the compound and arguing with Rick about Merle. So she must tell them before they attack the place.

Old
11-26-2012, 10:10 AM
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

Send a message via ICQ to Eleven Send a message via AIM to Eleven
I have a couple potential deal-breakers for me. I can suspend disbelief with the best of them, but...this first one isn't too bad: The Governor must either be stupid, or a coward. I can't believe he is a coward because he walked up in the middle of armed US military and blasted one of them point blank. So he's stupid. He is the leader of all these people yet he took Merle's word that the prison could not be cleared? No way I can believe that he could be such a capable leader and just dismiss the chance to plunder the supplies by taking on dead people instead of live ones.

And second, this one is hard for me to look past. Ricks group took riot gear to clear the prison, but they went off to battle with armed humans wearing only the clothes on their backs. I cannot accept that.

Old
11-26-2012, 10:20 AM
End of Line
Human After All

Good build up episode.

The Governor is a sadistic piece of ****, and Glen is a boss.

Spoil:
For those who saw the clip of next week during the Talking Dead, Michonne comes face to face with Penny right?

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
11-26-2012, 10:52 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
I have a couple potential deal-breakers for me. I can suspend disbelief with the best of them, but...this first one isn't too bad: The Governor must either be stupid, or a coward. I can't believe he is a coward because he walked up in the middle of armed US military and blasted one of them point blank. So he's stupid. He is the leader of all these people yet he took Merle's word that the prison could not be cleared? No way I can believe that he could be such a capable leader and just dismiss the chance to plunder the supplies by taking on dead people instead of live ones.

And second, this one is hard for me to look past. Ricks group took riot gear to clear the prison, but they went off to battle with armed humans wearing only the clothes on their backs. I cannot accept that.
You makes some good points. I'm with you on the 2nd one. The 1st one, possibly the Governor didn't think the prison was that big of a deal at the time. Merle says it's overrun, so be it. Kind of strange how he got so upset about it. If they can take out a squad of National Guard, they can clear a prison.

Old
11-26-2012, 11:06 AM
awesomo
HARD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
You makes some good points. I'm with you on the 2nd one. The 1st one, possibly the Governor didn't think the prison was that big of a deal at the time. Merle says it's overrun, so be it. Kind of strange how he got so upset about it. If they can take out a squad of National Guard, they can clear a prison.
There were like 5 soldiers and like hundreds of walkers in the prison

Old
11-26-2012, 11:14 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
There were like 5 soldiers and like hundreds of walkers in the prison
.... and how many people in Rick's group did the job? The Governor's group is better equipped. Walkers don't shoot back. To my previous point, the governor probably did not press the issue with Merle.

Old
11-26-2012, 11:21 AM
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu

Regarding the riot gear. I'm sure its hard to sneak around with that stuff on

Old
11-26-2012, 11:39 AM
Rob Brown
Way She Goes

I hope Darryl doesn't betray Rick and the group. They need his help badly. Going to be interesting to see how they do against the Governor's people considering there are only four of them in Rick's group.

Old
11-26-2012, 11:45 AM
AndyPipkin
PSN: Lord_Of_War

vCash: 341
Quote:
.... and how many people in Rick's group did the job? The Governor's group is better equipped. Walkers don't shoot back. To my previous point, the governor probably did not press the issue with Merle.
The Gov seems to differ to Merle a lot. Like how Merle was going to tell him Michonne was dead. He's probably cut corners on a lot of jobs the Gov gave him to do.

I personally think when Daryl and Merle meet up Daryl will be leaning to joining up with Merle until Merle does something to Carol and then Daryl will lose it.

Old
11-26-2012, 11:49 AM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Glen is straight gangsta. The Governor is a scary POS. Cant wait for next week.

Old
11-26-2012, 12:04 PM
Ser Woof
Too proud to beg

vCash: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge View Post

I really liked the episode, beside the scenes with Andrea and the science guy (it took almost 10 minutes to show us something we already knew). They are slowly showing how mad the governor is. I still don't understand why they can't make it work between the two groups but eh, I guess that's part of the show.
The Governor is what Shane would have eventually turned into with the sociopathic tendencies he showed over the past two seasons. So if they couldn't make it work with Shane, even in a perfect utopian zombie apocalyptic world, I'm not sure two groups like Woodbury and the Prison could ever co-exist. Plus, the Governor has such a messiah complex he's not going to let anything threaten the good thing he has going on.

Quote:
Daryl seems to have a never ending supply of arrows. I think he's going to have to use his gun in the assault.
Doesn't he usually pluck the ones he uses out of the brains of zombies if he has the time? I can't remember. I also am ignorant as to whether or not one particular type of crossbow can only use a certain type of arrow... if so, yeah, I would imagine that his supply would have to eventually run out.

Last edited by Ser Woof: 11-26-2012 at 12:14 PM.
Old
11-26-2012, 12:07 PM
Ser Woof
Too proud to beg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudi View Post
Talking Dead tonight was x10000000000000000000000000000000 better than last weeks.
So much better. That was probably one of the best episodes of it yet. That sneak-peak left me wanting so much more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobBrown4PM View Post

As for the Governor, they've completely and utterly neutered his character.
I think that he actually comes across better on the TV show than the graphic novels, but maybe that's just me. It could also be a combination of David Morrissey's fantastic acting.

Last edited by Ser Woof: 11-26-2012 at 12:21 PM.
Old
11-26-2012, 12:10 PM
AndyPipkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
Glen is straight gangsta. The Governor is a scary POS. Cant wait for next week.
If Glenn had been that bad ass last week he never would have gotten captured

Old
11-26-2012, 12:13 PM
Ser Woof
Too proud to beg

Quote:
I think that part of the reason he got upset in that scene was because of the fact that he knows there is another group out there that could potentially threaten their security. If his guys couldn't, or didn't think they could clear the prison and another group did it I'd imagine it's two pronged and he also is annoyed at the incompetence or cowardice of Merle etc. for not making an effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
Good build up episode.

The Governor is a sadistic piece of ****, and Glen is a boss.

Spoil:
For those who saw the clip of next week during the Talking Dead, Michonne comes face to face with Penny right?
And thinks that she's actually alive too.

Old
11-26-2012, 12:14 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWoof View Post

Doesn't he usually pluck the ones he uses out of the brains of zombies if he has the time? I can't remember. I also am ignorant as to whether or not one particular type of crossbow can only use a certain type of arrow... if so, yeah, I would imagine that his supply would have to eventually run out.
He does when he has time too. There are times where they had to run. Last episode he had a ton of arrows for some reason.

Old
11-26-2012, 12:17 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPipkin View Post
If Glenn had been that bad ass last week he never would have gotten captured
Agreed but he showed up when it counted. I feel a grueling death for the Governor coming

Old
11-26-2012, 12:19 PM
AndyPipkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kingslayer View Post
Agreed but he showed up when it counted. I feel a grueling death for the Governor coming
I'm just waiting for Andrea to catch up with everything. That will be a messed up scene.

Old
11-26-2012, 12:28 PM
HeliDevil
Legendary

I think Merle turns before Darryl would. Though it will be interesting to see Merle's first interaction with Rick. In this crazy, messed up zombie apocalypse, who knows if Darryl will even care about his brother anymore. Not likely but who knows.

Old
11-26-2012, 12:32 PM
Ser Woof
Too proud to beg

Almost at 1000. New thread.

Old
11-26-2012, 12:50 PM
Hammer Slammer

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
A teeny bit premature, but I'll let it slide.

New thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1298001

Closed Thread