HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

2012-2013 Prospect Talk PART IV

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2012, 06:41 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
They are great problems to have
Indeed. It's a lot more fun complaining about these type of things than the usual crap that we've all had to deal with for so long. It wasn't long ago when we'd pimp Justin Mapletoft as our #2 center of the future.

It's still premature to start thinking about who will stay at center and who will be moved to wing. Just let them finish this year and get ready to complete for a spot for next year. The real decisions will probably be made after next year IMO.

Old
11-25-2012, 06:45 PM
bluechipbonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
My advice was about you simply ignoring me and what I write here. It was also about not bothering to respond if you felt the need to be detrimental, go on a witchhunt or give me a hockey knowledge spanking of sorts.

You chose to respond and your response consisted of the repitition of a number of points that I had mostly agreed and conceded to throughout my discussion on this Clark/Spurgeon topic, points that still do not alleviate the viable need to scratch one's head in this case over why/how Snow ultimately makes his asset management decisions for a losing team. This was surrounded and spiced up with more downtalking, compartmentalizing, suggesting I do things that I don't necessarily do, and basically telling me not to post (presumably on asset management-related issues), because a few posters have a different opinion/approach/take on happenings in Islanderville and are 'tired' of reading otherwise.

Nobody here is being forced to read or respond to things. We can also be very civil about how we disagree with each other here without taking direct or underlying shots at each other's credibility.

Speaking of which...

That bolded part is the EXACT same impression I have of you.

Again, if you don't like the ideas and things I'm throwing out there, fine, simply ignore them. Don't comment on them.

I am not directing them at you. I am not challenging you. I can't remember the last time I've commented on something you've thrown out there in a disagreeing, much less negative manner.

You have clearly targeted my content/contributions in an almost trolling manner. To say that some of your responses are wrought with snide comments is an understatement.

This is undesired.

I'll let the mods decide if you're getting too close to what HFBoards considers to be defamation/slandering/character assassination.

For the sake of this forum though, I will follow my own advice and simply do the same thing I'm asking of you: Just ignore your posts from here on out.
Even Bonzo is getting annoyed here.

Old
11-25-2012, 06:52 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluechipbonzo View Post
Even Bonzo is getting annoyed here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Min Misconduct View Post
Let's move along please. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.
Again, let's move on and get back on topic.

Old
11-25-2012, 07:12 PM
ndgolden

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Again, let's move on and get back on topic.
Topic of prospects:

Anders Lee ND vs North Dakota this weekend.

Friday's Gamehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LkNK...feature=relmfu

Saturdays Gamehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSMuj...feature=relmfu

Old
11-25-2012, 07:30 PM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndgolden View Post
Topic of prospects:

Anders Lee ND vs North Dakota this weekend.

Friday's Gamehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LkNK...feature=relmfu

Saturdays Gamehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSMuj...feature=relmfu
Thanks for this ! Lee with 3 goals and an assist in the 2 game series, should have been 4 goals but he got ripped off in game 1. I love the size and hands of Lee, park him at the front of the net and watch him cause havoc. I pray the Isles sign this guy, I just see future greatness from him. He also had good chemistry with Brock Nelson in the rookie scrimmage 2 years ago.

Old
11-25-2012, 07:37 PM
StrongIslanders90

[QUOTE=scott99;56031549]Thanks for this ! Lee with 3 goals and an assist in the 2 game series, should have been 4 goals but he got ripped off in game 1. I love the size and hands of Lee, park him at the front of the net and watch him cause havoc. I pray the Isles sign this guy, I just see future greatness from him. He also had good chemistry with Brock Nelson in the rookie scrimmage 2 years ago.[/QUOTE]

They were by far the 2 best players that scrimmage and camp...

Outshined both TOP 5 picks Strome and Nino.

I still dont think we sign Lee, if we do I hope he developes into a solid 2 way center for us.
Love his size

Old
11-25-2012, 07:48 PM
ndgolden

[QUOTE=StrongIslanders90;56031841]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
Thanks for this ! Lee with 3 goals and an assist in the 2 game series, should have been 4 goals but he got ripped off in game 1. I love the size and hands of Lee, park him at the front of the net and watch him cause havoc. I pray the Isles sign this guy, I just see future greatness from him. He also had good chemistry with Brock Nelson in the rookie scrimmage 2 years ago.[/QUOTE]

I still dont think we sign Lee, if we do I hope he developes into a solid 2 way center for us.
Love his size
Its too bad many Islanders fans assume his finishing school is an attempt to test open waters. A big dose of his character could certainly help around here.

Old
11-25-2012, 07:51 PM
scott99

[QUOTE=StrongIslanders90;56031841]
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott99 View Post
Thanks for this ! Lee with 3 goals and an assist in the 2 game series, should have been 4 goals but he got ripped off in game 1. I love the size and hands of Lee, park him at the front of the net and watch him cause havoc. I pray the Isles sign this guy, I just see future greatness from him. He also had good chemistry with Brock Nelson in the rookie scrimmage 2 years ago.[/QUOTE]

Love his size
Color me an optimist (or naive, or dumb lol) but I think we do sign him. He spends a season or 2 in the AHL, and becomes a crash the net type of winger for the Isles. A real dangerous power play type of player too. I know he's not fast, but you can't teach size and hands.

Old
11-25-2012, 08:10 PM
Degeneration Rex

Believe it or not I think Lee will sign next year. Speaking of Notre Dame, Robbie Russo has been hot lately and is third on the team in scoring.

Old
11-25-2012, 08:19 PM
scott99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Degeneration Rex View Post
Believe it or not I think Lee will sign next year. Speaking of Notre Dame, Robbie Russo has been hot lately and is third on the team in scoring.
Yeah Russo is having a fine sophomore season. I see him playing top pp minutes too. Hopefully its good enough to make the USA team at the WJHC.

Old
11-26-2012, 08:21 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Gut feeling ... or have you heard something from a friend/family member/etc. along the way?

Taking his high school (both hockey and football), USHL and college achievements all into consideration, the boy has always wreaked of having a winner's pedigree.

Think that might also play a role in a pending decision to sign?

And yep, Russo's 4 goals in 13 games already ties the 4 he had in 40 games last season. 9 points in 13 compared to 15 in 40 last season to this point. Good stuff.

Old
11-26-2012, 08:24 AM
crashthenet

Quote:
A good looking prospect for where he was drafted.

Old
11-26-2012, 09:14 AM
BennyBST

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashthenet View Post
A good looking prospect for where he was drafted.
He was actually expected to go as high as the 2nd round, according to THN's Draft Special. Same thing with Pelech in this past years draft.

Old
11-26-2012, 10:07 AM
Degeneration Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
Gut feeling ... or have you heard something from a friend/family member/etc. along the way?

Taking his high school (both hockey and football), USHL and college achievements all into consideration, the boy has always wreaked of having a winner's pedigree.

Think that might also play a role in a pending decision to sign?

And yep, Russo's 4 goals in 13 games already ties the 4 he had in 40 games last season. 9 points in 13 compared to 15 in 40 last season to this point. Good stuff.
Let's put it this way-Notre Dame has invested a lot to Lee's scholarship and that has
a lot to do with it at least for this year.

Old
11-26-2012, 04:10 PM
Degeneration Rex

Just in case anyone is interested, you can see the highlights of the unbelievable game between
Sudbury and Niagara from Saturday night at www.islanderspointblank.com

I had to see it again. It was amazing seeing it live but you'll see some sweet plays by Strome.

Old
11-26-2012, 04:34 PM
Dan-o16

Quote:
Just in case anyone is interested, you can see the highlights of the unbelievable game between

I had to see it again. It was amazing seeing it live but you'll see some sweet plays by Strome.
Well, what's most noticeable is the pace and accuracy of his passes.

Cheers,

Dan-o

Old
11-26-2012, 06:23 PM
leaponover

Quote:

really would have liked to watch this whole game!

The puck control by Strome on the 4th goal was fun to watch and that pass on the tying goal was sweet but really good hands on the finish as well by Ritchie it was a pretty tight angle and thank God he was a righty. I was hoping to see the OT chances Strome had but no highlights from that part.

Old
11-27-2012, 06:09 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Let's put it this way-Notre Dame has invested a lot to Lee's scholarship and that has
a lot to do with it at least for this year.
Ahhhhh, as in this particular season is the one big shot at the national championship and then he'll move on to pro hockey.

I see.

So still wide open whether his turning pro will be with NYI or elsewhere. I'm kind of hoping that the character traits we've been able to see from this guy since having drafted him will lead to him simply signing here, but as someone else mentioned, his agent wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't consult him to seek out what's best for him, be it financially or with an organization that could maybe offer a more direct route to the NHL (ug, feels funny writing that in conjunction with the Isles).

Last edited by Chapin Landvogt: 11-27-2012 at 06:20 AM.
Old
11-27-2012, 10:58 AM
Degeneration Rex

Friday Night, 10 PM, NBC Sports Network, College.

Wisconsin at Denver (Mayfield).

Old
11-27-2012, 11:44 AM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Friday Night, 10 PM, NBC Sports Network, College.

Wisconsin at Denver (Mayfield).
Nice, looking forward to seeing Mayfield finally. The kid may be a couple of years away, but he could be the RH d-man we need to slot behind Hamonic in the top-4. Have to love his size and snarl. If he doesn't reach his potential, him and Pedan could just wreck people physically on the 3rd pairing.

Old
11-27-2012, 11:55 AM
leeroggy

Quote:

Watching those assists reminded me of Mark Pavelich. Similar-size (adjusted for their eras), similar style and similar skills.

Let's hope he produces like that:

198182 New York Rangers NHL 79 33 43 76 67
198283 New York Rangers NHL 78 37 38 75 52
198384 New York Rangers NHL 77 29 53 82 96
198485 New York Rangers NHL 48 14 31 45 29
198586 New York Rangers NHL 59 20 20 40 82

Old
11-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Degeneration Rex

Quote:
Nice, looking forward to seeing Mayfield finally. The kid may be a couple of years away, but he could be the RH d-man we need to slot behind Hamonic in the top-4. Have to love his size and snarl. If he doesn't reach his potential, him and Pedan could just wreck people physically on the 3rd pairing.
Just my opinion, I think Pedan's offense is underated. Kind of like Reinhart, Denver plays Mayfield
as the shut down and he has been really good this year. A former student of mine attends all the Denver home games, he emails me all the time, says Mayfield's defense has been outstanding.

Old
11-27-2012, 12:40 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
Just my opinion, I think Pedan's offense is underated. Kind of like Reinhart, Denver plays Mayfield
as the shut down and he has been really good this year. A former student of mine attends all the Denver home games, he emails me all the time, says Mayfield's defense has been outstanding.
Well, you didn't mention that you had inside sources.

That's great to hear though, I have high hopes for Mayfield. Any inkling as to whether he's thinking of turning pro after this year or will he be back at Denver?

Old
11-27-2012, 12:51 PM
Degeneration Rex

Quote:

That's great to hear though, I have high hopes for Mayfield. Any inkling as to whether he's thinking of turning pro after this year or will he be back at Denver?
I didn't know that a former student qualifies as an inside source, but a least he watches all
of the home games in person.

Old
11-27-2012, 01:18 PM
scott99

Quote:

My hope is he plays one more year at Denver. I think it will be a dominant year, and you'll see more offensive production to go with his shut down abilities. He has some offensive instincts just like Pedan. They look like they are just shut down guys, but if you watch videos of these guys, they have good hands and skating abilities. I posted videos of both Mayfield when he was with the USHL, and some plays by Pedan this year. They should make any Islander's fans excited.

Closed Thread