HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Players your team would NOT trade

Old
11-25-2012, 10:04 PM
Rpro

vCash: 500
There is no one on any team in the league that would NOT be traded. Realistically there is some players that wouldn't be because their price would be astronomical. But would a Crosby + Malkin + 3 first round picks be insufficient for anyone else in the league? Of course not. Or say RNH+Hall+Eberle+Yakupov+3 first round picks for Crosby? Nope. NO ONE is untouchable.

Rpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 10:08 PM
Money Baer
COYS

vCash: 50
Untouchable:
Baertschi
2013 1st

Tier 2:
Jarome Iginla
Mark Giordano
Curtis Glencross
Miikka kiprusoff

Prospects I don't see going:
Patrick Sieloff
Johnny Gaudreau
Mark Jankowski

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 12:42 AM
Bluesman91

vCash: 2357

Sorry but the only true untouchables I see on our team is

Alex Pietrangelo and Vladamir Tarasenko

Anyone else on our team would be gone for the right price. (Obviously Pie and Vlad would be too but would be something completely unrealistic such as Crosby, and no I'm not saying they are worth that but its what it would take to pry them away from the Blues right now)

But players I think most likely wouldn't be traded would be

Pietrangelo
Tarasenko
Backes
Oshie (as another poster has stated, he is loved in St. Louis and brings in cash when it comes to fans buying something with his name on it.)
Perron (Young and our most talented forward right now, plus he is my favorite player and wouldn't really give him up for anything.)

I guess you could add Halak but if you have a halfway decent goalie coming back, he can go quite easily.

Bluesman91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 12:56 AM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

:

Overpayment only
Marc Staal
Marian Gaborik
Brad Richards
Michael Del Zotto
Rick Nash
Dan Girardi

Will NOT Trade
Ryan McDonagh
Chris Kreider
Derek Stepan

Seriously, don't even ask
Henrik Lundqvist

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 01:01 AM
kihei

vCash: 4632
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post

2013 first round pick
2014 first round pick

EDIT: 1 of Gardiner /Rielly...I'd be willing to trade one towards a #1 center, but that would render the other the the most untouchable on the team.
Agree about the first round picks. Would add Kessel, because I can't see Burke actually pulling the trigger on another trade that involves him, and I would add Rielly, too. Gardiner could indeed be had for the right player(s) coming back. The cupboard is still very bare in terms of elite talent, though, so everybody else is up for grabs.

kihei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 01:01 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

On the Team
Koivu
Heatley
Suter
Parise
Brodziak

Prospects
Coyle
Granlund
Dumba
Brodin
Zucker

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 01:05 AM
Shareefruck

Burrows
Hansen
Hamhuis

Shareefruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 01:08 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sureves View Post
Karlsson
Alfredsson
Phillips
Hey are you interested in acquiring Zdeno Chara to wear a Sens uniform again?

Sure, what do you want for him?

Chris Phillips.

*hangs up

Yeaaaah no, that's not true.

Mr Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 01:13 AM
Dioned

Untouchable - Baertschi & Jankowski (Just can't after finally drafting well, gotta see these two pan out)

Unlikely - Iginla & Kipper (Because the team thinks they can compete, and after next year their value wont be worth moving), Giordano (Next captain, great contract), Brodie

Everyone else is game.

Dioned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 01:54 AM
Bleedred
Pete still coach?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Swartzwelder View Post
As GM of Pittsburgh I offer Crosby and Letang for Patrik Elias... do you accept?
Only if Patrik asks to be traded. That's a little unrealistic though to even give up Crosby at all for Elias!

For the Devils it's Kovy, Marty, Elias, Larsson, and Henrique. Starting to really think Josefson will be a breakout player when the NHL comes back if he can just stay healthy. Maybe even better than Henrique, so I don't think I'd trade him either.

Anybody else can go, but only for a good price.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 02:52 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
I think the Wings list is more like this order:

Zetterberg
Datsyuk
Kronwall
Howard
Smith

Nyquist is perfectly tradeable, especially given the Wings' depth of forward prospects.
In fact we already know this. While there is some debate over who was in the package for Nash, Yandle and JayBo over the summer, there is only one prospect we know for sure was not involved. Smith's name wasn't put in any of those. While I think Nyquist is pretty protected for the right guy I could see his name thrown in a package, think if say Bobby Ryan hit the market again.

Holland really likes the pool, I think a bunch of them actually carry more weight with the organization than the current roster. That is a large part of why he seems to be sitting on his hands. Time will tell just hoping the team plays well enough it doesn't force him to do something he will regret long term.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 08:46 AM
ThatGuy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharppi View Post
Koivu, Granlund, Brodin, Heatley, Cullen. Don't ask, just accept.
Cullen and Heatley?

Heatley could be had I think for the right price, I don't think Fletcher is going to actively seek out a trade for him but there is nothing intrenching him here.

Only thing keeping Cullen here is a limited NTC. His contract is expiring after this year and he lost his position to Granlund. There is a good chance he is traded at the deadline(if there is one)

ThatGuy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 08:48 AM
ThatGuy22

What's the old saying, If Gretzky can be traded anyone can?

That said on the Wild it is highly unlikely Koivu, Parise and Suter get traded (Full NTCs). Granlund, Coyle and Brodin would be shocking as well because Fletcher has spent three years stocking up the farm system and keeping his job based on those three guys.

ThatGuy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 08:58 AM
AJMHABS
On to Round 2!! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboss View Post
Price
Pk
Patches
Galchenyuk
Gorges
Exactly this. Although in the future, Eller may soon join this list IMO.

AJMHABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 09:57 AM
Sundinisagod
just give'r

Quote:
Originally Posted by kihei View Post
Agree about the first round picks. Would add Kessel, because I can't see Burke actually pulling the trigger on another trade that involves him, and I would add Rielly, too. Gardiner could indeed be had for the right player(s) coming back. The cupboard is still very bare in terms of elite talent, though, so everybody else is up for grabs.
I would have included Kessel if I felt his heart was in Toronto. I don't think it is, i think he'll be gone as a ufa or force our hand into trading him before we lose him for nothing...just my personal opinion.

Sundinisagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 09:59 AM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinalive View Post

Crosby
Malkin
Neal
Sutter
Letang
Morrow
Practically this but with Fleury included.

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 10:15 AM
Oates2Neely

Chara
Bergeron
Seguin

Lucic (yes for the right price)

Rask (yes if Timmy was still playing)

Hamilton (see above 'Lucic')

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 10:36 AM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Swartzwelder View Post
As GM of Pittsburgh I offer Crosby and Letang for Patrik Elias... do you accept?
There are no fathomable circumstances in which I'd want Elias being sent out town.
Should Pittsburgh ever hire an actual clown to do their trades and offer that, of course it'd be dumb to turn that down.

In a more realistic sense, there would have to be too much added to Elias to make that even a near workable deal where the NJ team wouldn't wind up being Crosby, Letang + some scraps left over.

For NJ, I'd make my list:
Elias
Brodeur
Kovalchuk
Larsson

Tempted to put Henrique. I think they want him to be a franchise player, but he's not there yet.

Zajac & Josefson could definitely be had for the right price.

manilaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 10:38 AM
startainfection

Tavares
Hamonic

startainfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 10:43 AM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
I dislike seeing lists with half of a team on them, so:

Untouchable (In order)
Brent Burns
Marc-Edouard Vlasic

"Very Unilkely"
Joe Thornton
Logan Couture
Joe Pavelski
Patrick Marleau
Jason Demers

Burns and Vlasic are my only true untouchables. Burns is the young, all-around #1D we desperately needed with Boyle declining. Vlasic is the type of player that is worth a million times more to the team who has him than he'd fetch in a trade.

Thornton and Marleau will probably not be traded as they have roots in SJ (wives, kids, etc) and NMCs. The only way I trade Thornton or Pavelski is if either they request a trade, they intimate that they aren't interested in re-signing in SJ after their contracts are up in Summer 2014 (I have a weird feeling Pavs won't, hope I'm wrong), or we have a chance to send them to a contender for a great futures package. Marleau, I'd trade if we got a really good return, but honestly, I don't think he'd ever waive his NMC. Couture I'd only trade if we were getting a better young forward than Couture in return. I'd be very hesitant to move Demers because I believe his upside is through the roof and he wouldn't get good value after the season he just had.

Boyle has been supplanted by Burns, I'd trade him for reasonable return. I'd trade Clowe for a younger 2nd line forward or a really good top-6 prospect. I don't think Havlat will be moved because he's a great fit and not in high demand, but I wouldn't be opposed to moving him. Murray should be gone for picks. Stuart won't waive. Niemi might be gone when Alex Stalock is ready, which could be as soon as next year.

As for prospects, there's no untouchables, but you'd be hard pressed to get me to move Tomas Hertl. I love watching him play and I'm really high on Hertl, as I'm sure SJ management is. Anyone else is potentially available.

I think that's all.
Yup. I agree with this.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 10:47 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by manilaNJ View Post
There are no fathomable circumstances in which I'd want Elias being sent out town.
Should Pittsburgh ever hire an actual clown to do their trades and offer that, of course it'd be dumb to turn that down.

In a more realistic sense, there would have to be too much added to Elias to make that even a near workable deal where the NJ team wouldn't wind up being Crosby, Letang + some scraps left over.

For NJ, I'd make my list:
Elias
Brodeur
Kovalchuk
Larsson

Tempted to put Henrique. I think they want him to be a franchise player, but he's not there yet.

Zajac & Josefson could definitely be had for the right price.
I dont think Elias belongs on that list.

Old
11-26-2012, 10:55 AM
manilaNJ
Optimism: Unwavering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
I dont think Elias belongs on that list.
Respectfully, but defiantly, disagree.

Elias might not be on any other teams list of players that they would overpay for, especially considering his age... but you'd have to move mountains to pry him away from NJ at this point.

Not only is he still a top point producer for the team , but his line was always the go-to match up against other teams top lines.

Drives the PP, excellent on the PK.

And, for NJ, he transcends his stats. He's a lifer who has won championships with both the AHL and NHL club and a guy who has always been noted as a true leader in the locker room.

I don't think there are more than a handful of Devils fans that would reasonably trade him (unless we're playing fantasy land trades like the Crosby suggestion)

manilaNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 11:19 AM
Oates2Neely

I think half the teams in the league could make an offer that would pry Elias out of NJ.

BOS: Hamilton
BUF: Myers
COL: Duschene
FLA: Bjustad
MTL: Pacioretty
MIN: Granlund, Coyle
NYI: Strome, Kabanov
NYR: Stepan
OTT: Slverberg
PHI: Couterier
TOR: JVR
WSH: Johansen +

All im saying is fantasy trades aside (Crosby, Stamkos etc..), I can see alot of teams offering up enough to pry Elias out of Jersey. Kovalchuk Brodeur & Larsson I agree with.

Old
11-26-2012, 11:24 AM
ginner classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
I think half the teams in the league could make an offer that would pry Elias out of NJ.

BOS: Hamilton
BUF: Myers
COL: Duschene
FLA: Bjustad
MTL: Pacioretty
MIN: Granlund, Coyle
NYI: Strome, Kabanov
NYR: Stepan
OTT: Slverberg
PHI: Couterier
TOR: JVR
WSH: Johansen +

All im saying is fantasy trades aside (Crosby, Stamkos etc..), I can see alot of teams offering up enough to pry Elias out of Jersey. Kovalchuk Brodeur & Larsson I agree with.
Value to the organization > value in potential trade return

There are a lot of players that fit this description, most have NTC's. An example would be Trevor Linden in his last few years in Vancouver, or the Sedins now. I think Elias falls into that description so, unless he ever requests a trade, they won't move him.

ginner classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 11:27 AM
LPH
[hello] :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginner classic View Post
The Canuck list is silly. In the current year only the Sedins are untouchable.
I think the intention was to name players that being more to your team than they could bring back in a trade, for example Hansen. He is not likely to be moved right now because he is our best player in the bottom 6 and plays such an important role on our team.

Sedins
Kesler
Burrows
Hansen
Hamhuis

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote