HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

OT: The Walking Dead

Old
11-20-2012, 03:37 PM
Calgary Oilers

vCash: 50
This is the best hockey talk all season long!!

I will have to disagree with some of you folks on Little Ass Kicker... She's like the prospect (Gagner) that you have to invest and wait forever for. Is it really worth it? Time will tell.

Calgary Oilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 07:58 PM
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.

I thought Rick went a little Ben Eager on the team, but it seems (hopefully), that he's got his act together. The Z team are a bunch of slow moving pylons, so we shouldn't have a problem taking them to task in the next game. I agree that Carl is a good future consideration, but with Michonne knocking on te door to join the team, we could have our all star forward who takes the bull by the horns and turns this season around for us.

Are playoffs out of the question this year?

Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 08:11 PM
nabob
Hall for captain

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Oilers View Post
This is the best hockey talk all season long!!

I will have to disagree with some of you folks on Little Ass Kicker... She's like the prospect (Gagner) that you have to invest and wait forever for. Is it really worth it? Time will tell.
If she isnt contributing after her first six seasons, give her six more with decent linemates and she'll take down 60 walkers.

nabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2012, 11:17 PM
BFDBFD

Just a thought if someone has a whole lot of time on their hands:

You could award each character a goal or an assist based on zombie kills. Perhaps human kills would be worth more (or less).

I'd say Rick was on pace to beat Gretzky's 50 in 39 (minutes) when he went AWOL in the cells.

BFDBFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 01:29 AM
Daneo21

vCash: 775
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFDBFD View Post
Just a thought if someone has a whole lot of time on their hands:

You could award each character a goal or an assist based on zombie kills. Perhaps human kills would be worth more (or less).

I'd say Rick was on pace to beat Gretzky's 50 in 39 (minutes) when he went AWOL in the cells.
False... he said he only killed a dozen or 2 down there... hes not even half the player that the great one was... May You Rest In Peace Wayne!

Daneo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 09:04 AM
harpoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabob View Post
If she isnt contributing after her first six seasons, give her six more with decent linemates and she'll take down 60 walkers.
Or ... we could prematurely anoint her a first line player and then sit back with egg on our faces as she never gets out of the minors while "lesser" players slay eight walkers in one battle.

harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 10:30 AM
OneMoreAstronaut
Reduce chainsaw size

If Rick can't figure out his mental game, then I have doubts he'll be in the league much longer. Heck he might not even last the season. The sad thing is, this team really lives or dies with him.

Big game against the Governor next week, I'm expecting. Once that one's over, I think we'll really know what we've got.

OneMoreAstronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 07:02 PM
BFDBFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneo21 View Post
False... he said he only killed a dozen or 2 down there... hes not even half the player that the great one was... May You Rest In Peace Wayne!
As I said, I figure he was 'on pace'. Wayne of course takes the zombie-killer cake, but if we say Rick took out 1.5 dozen (18) in about 15 minutes, he's on pace for 46.8 over 39 minutes.... Hard to sustain, but if anyone's going to touch The Great One's records, I say it'll be Rick.

Although our new possible free agent could prove to be in the running there..

BFDBFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 06:02 PM
oilinblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFDBFD View Post
As I said, I figure he was 'on pace'. Wayne of course takes the zombie-killer cake, but if we say Rick took out 1.5 dozen (18) in about 15 minutes, he's on pace for 46.8 over 39 minutes.... Hard to sustain, but if anyone's going to touch The Great One's records, I say it'll be Rick.

Although our new possible free agent could prove to be in the running there..
The phone call worried me a bit... could be a message to send his kids to a better place and why Rick wouldnt respond anymore and hung up. Somethings going on in his broken head and hopefully he sees that he is just going nuts and focusses himself.

If he focuses himself, combined with knowing a new mentaal game based on showers of walker guts, he will take a run at Waynes records.

oilinblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 04:56 PM
The Kingslayer

hahaha. Oh man greatest thread ever

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 11:55 PM
Patch101

Send a message via ICQ to Patch101 Send a message via AIM to Patch101 Send a message via Yahoo to Patch101
Anyone else finish the game? Last episode came out a couple days ago. It surprised me! Left me

(ps, wait till the credits finish as well)

Patch101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 11:23 PM
eskies4life

vCash: 535
That was amazing.

Carl showed his shot is improving every day that goes by. Glenn can really take a beating and knows how to throw a punch or two. Next episode is Hell

eskies4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2012, 11:30 PM
RipsADrive
Maybe next year?

I thought this was the episode they'd go in guns blazing but looks like we'll have to wait one more week.

Big confrontation coming up between Rick and the Governor and between Daryl and Merle.

Also have to feel for the paranoid hermit guy... What a crappy way to start your morning.

RipsADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 12:06 AM
soothsayer

Pretty sure Andrea knows whats up, and didn't go with Michonne because she knows that the Governor's camp must be taken down from within (in some way). I am a little worried about Merle and Daryl though. I also hope that they don't kill Maggie and/or Glenn. They need to leave us some lovable characters if they want us to continue to attach to the remaining characters emotionally.

soothsayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 12:11 AM
RipsADrive
Maybe next year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by soothsayer View Post
Pretty sure Andrea knows whats up, and didn't go with Michonne because she knows that the Governor's camp must be taken down from within (in some way). I am a little worried about Merle and Daryl though. I also hope that they don't kill Maggie and/or Glenn. They need to leave us some lovable characters if they want us to continue to attach to the remaining characters emotionally.
Michonne is pretty lovable if you're into seething glares, scornful silence and other cute stuff like that.

RipsADrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 07:12 AM
harpoon

That Governor is a real nasty piece of work.
Its going to be a distinct pleasure to watch him get his face chewed off.
Seems like some posters here were a little too quick to call out Glen as a weak link. Even Merle was impressed, and I get the feeling he doesn't impress easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipsADrive View Post
Michonne is pretty lovable if you're into seething glares, scornful silence and other cute stuff like that.
I like it. She's definitely hot.

harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 08:02 AM
DousedInOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoon View Post
That Governor is a real nasty piece of work.
Its going to be a distinct pleasure to watch him get his face chewed off.
Seems like some posters here were a little too quick to call out Glen as a weak link. Even Merle was impressed, and I get the feeling he doesn't impress easily.

I like it. She's definitely hot.
I agree, they are quickly becoming 2 of my favorite characters. I just don't want to see too much more bloodshed, we're running out of zombie slayers.

Next episode is gonna be a good one though! (I hope)

DousedInOil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 08:38 AM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

One of the weakest scenes in the series for me is Glenn and his girl going on the latest raid in zombie apocalypse kissing, holding hands, like they're on a first date at disneyland. This despite such raids being regularly depicted as the most harrowing events in the series and just short of entering House of 1000 corpses and living to tell about it..But here they are enjoying a beautiful day in the park..

So like the weak sauce they are they quickly get captured by the enemy, end up informing, and screwing their whole group.

Its unbelievable on so many levels. Who sends these two on a raid anyway? This would be like dressing Ty Conklin as a starting goalie. I'd be more comfortable sending the recruited prison hacks.

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 10:25 AM
Neilio
Navi-X, Google it

Quote:
Originally Posted by soothsayer View Post
I don't think Andrea knows whats up. She would probably try to convince Rick and the group to come and live in Woodbury if she knew they were out there. But she will help take down Woodbury from within anyway, because that's kind of her Thang.

I think Maggie and Glenn are both smart enough to plan an escape, or at least use the opportunity that Rick's attack will give them.

I think Daryl would survive a nuclear apocalypse, never mind a zombie one. Merle is kind of stuck though. He won't be welcome in Ricks group, and if he's not willing to go against his brother, he won't last with the Governor. His only chance is to convince Daryl to join him. I want to see how this plays out the most.

They made a good point on Talking Dead last night, that the Governor is pretty scared of Rick's group. They've got less numbers, but they're all bad-***** now. They took the prison by themselves. And they've been surviving this long out in the open. The Governor is smart. He's hand picked his crew to be more ruthless and loyal to him than effective. That's why he decided to kill the military guys. They would have done better defending the town, but they would undermine his control on the people. Meanwhile, Rick's group has essentially become a hardened para-military unit. They can attack and defend in formation.

Neilio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 10:43 AM
OneMoreAstronaut
Reduce chainsaw size

[SPOILER] One episode, and Glenn has skyrocketed to a complete badass. That scene last night, fighting the zombie while tied to a chair, was amazing.

OneMoreAstronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 11:26 AM
Turrican*
Not a homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
One of the weakest scenes in the series for me is Glenn and his girl going on the latest raid in zombie apocalypse kissing, holding hands, like they're on a first date at disneyland. This despite such raids being regularly depicted as the most harrowing events in the series and just short of entering House of 1000 corpses and living to tell about it..But here they are enjoying a beautiful day in the park..

So like the weak sauce they are they quickly get captured by the enemy, end up informing, and screwing their whole group.

Its unbelievable on so many levels. Who sends these two on a raid anyway? This would be like dressing Ty Conklin as a starting goalie. I'd be more comfortable sending the recruited prison hacks.
Giving a pair of prisoners the keys to your car and telling them to pick up your baby formula would be a fantastic idea to get your car back.

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 11:33 AM
eskies4life

vCash: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreator View Post
Giving a pair of prisoners the keys to your car and telling them to pick up your baby formula would be a fantastic idea to get your car back.
I lol'd

eskies4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 11:35 AM
awesomo
HARD!

I would've been mad if they made the him **** Maggie. No way man.

awesomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 12:28 PM
Replacement
Now with 9% more zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreator View Post
Of course my comment was tongue in cheek. But with your reply fitting how poorly suited I would consider Glen and the girl to be going out on a danger milk run.

lets not forget either where would those two prisoners escape to? Did you think about that? They clearly WANT to be safe in the prison with the group right now. Prison being the best place to be in this zombified world. I don't think driving down to Mexico is going to cut it right now for an escape route..

Replacement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 12:28 PM
JustinCider

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesomo View Post
I would've been mad if they made the him **** Maggie. No way man.
I think they should of. It would take things to a whole other level. They need him to be more a monster and so far, the Governor hasn't done enough to earn that. From what I've been told, in the comics, he's crazy and a complete monster. If you ask me, he seems fairly tame in the show.

JustinCider is offline   Reply With Quote