HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Buffalo Bills: Regular Season (4-7)

Closed Thread

Old
11-25-2012, 04:24 PM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

vCash: 500
Let's grab the 49ers DC plz.

Or Perry Fewell.

Or an offensive guy who is a running guy. Someone whom I'd have to yell at for running too much. Then again, Mularkey was "supposed" to be that guy...

Hell, let's grab Hue Jackson. He was unfairly run out of Oakland IMO.

Old
11-25-2012, 04:43 PM
johnjm22

I'm so disappointed in this team.

Bills have been trying turn the franchise around for 12 years, Colts did it in one season.

Old
11-25-2012, 05:09 PM
Mergus

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post

Bills have been trying turn the franchise around for 12 years, Colts did it in one season.
It helps when a guy like Luck is there when you have a high pick. Just think how good this team would have been if Carolina took Dareus and Cam fell to us.... I know he is having a rough season, but he would excel in this system.

Old
11-25-2012, 06:05 PM
sabresfan129103

Ok, the season is pretty much over. It's time to give Jackson a chance and see what he can do.

Old
11-25-2012, 08:41 PM
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffswords View Post
Andy Reid, he'll probably be fired too at the end of the season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
Too much money and too much power. Ralph won't hire him.
I want no part of that fat ****. Should have been fired or put on an open-ended leave of absence 5+ years ago to properly get his family life in order when 2 of his early-20's sons went out of control one time too many. (One of those sons now dead from heroin.)

Old
11-25-2012, 08:47 PM
JPurp26

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 View Post
Ok, the season is pretty much over. It's time to give Jackson a chance and see what he can do.
I'm confident you mean Tavaris and not Fred, and I would agree somewhat. Mine as well try him and give him something after trading for him.

Old
11-25-2012, 10:00 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Agreed, he's had 13 weeks to learn the playbook. Give the guy 1st team reps for a week and let's see what he's got. Then go into the offseason, get the best QB you possibly can and let them have it out in training camp.

They gave up a pick for Jackson, it would be downright silly for him to not even dress.

Old
11-25-2012, 10:31 PM
Pondslider

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post

They gave up a pick for Jackson, it would be downright silly for him to not even dress.
I think you give Nix and Gailey too much credit

Old
11-25-2012, 10:38 PM
whiplash

Johnson isn't happy...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...up-playcalling

Old
11-26-2012, 07:34 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
I doubt anyone is

Old
11-26-2012, 08:37 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Probably the worst idea ever.

Old
11-26-2012, 10:11 AM
johnjm22

According to Sports Club Stats, Bills have a 58.0% chance of making the playoffs if they win out.

Old
11-26-2012, 10:18 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
According to Sports Club Stats, Bills have a 58.0% chance of making the playoffs if they win out.
Sports Club Stats is not accurate. They do not properly calculate the numbers they put out.

Old
11-26-2012, 10:22 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma0034 View Post
Lets hope at the end of the season Gailey is gone. Any ideas for coaching replacements?
You can probably cross off Cowher, Reid, and Chip Kelly because each will command either too much power, too much money, or both. I think Bruce Arians would be a good fit for you guys, but I think he'll be more sought after now in light of his stint with the Colts. (I can see Cleveland's owner Haslam throwing a good offer at him, and the two are familiar with each other from their respective time in Pittsburgh.)

In the NFL coordinator game, I like both of San Fran's coordinators, Vic Fangio (D) and Greg Roman (O)--and, frankly, that Jim Harbaugh coaching tree, which also includes Stanford's David Shaw, is looking pretty darn good right now. Also, Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy will get some looks; anyone can look good with Peyton Manning at the helm, but the guy created an offense that won with Tim Tebow starting. I could also see Dirk Koetter (Falcons) getting some looks, but he failed at Arizona State and, IMO, he has a little too much Mike Mularkey in him.

(Perry Fewell is overrated. Take it from a Giants fan. I'm not even sure why he's being considered as a candidate. He's Jerry Gray 2.0.)

Old
11-26-2012, 10:34 AM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Probably the worst idea ever.
How so?

Old
11-26-2012, 11:07 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
How so?
Putting inferior players on the field to 'see what you've got' is a logical fallacy. You already KNOW what you've got. Coaches see the player every day in practice. For a player like Jackson, they have tape on him from his entire career, including NFL starts. They know what he can and can not do, and right now, he cannot even get to #2 on the depth chart.

Past that, once they're realistically out (within a couple weeks), you're going to start seeing rookies get a little more playing time with injuries, and vets nursing injuries. The last thing you want is rookies playing with a derpy QB if you can help it.

If you thing Jackson was the answer going forward, you should start him from day 1. He's not. Fitz isn't either, but he's the best you've got right now. (Hopefully the draft fixes that.)

Old
11-26-2012, 11:12 AM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Putting inferior players on the field to 'see what you've got' is a logical fallacy. You already KNOW what you've got. Coaches see the player every day in practice. For a player like Jackson, they have tape on him from his entire career, including NFL starts. They know what he can and can not do, and right now, he cannot even get to #2 on the depth chart.

Past that, once they're realistically out (within a couple weeks), you're going to start seeing rookies get a little more playing time with injuries, and vets nursing injuries. The last thing you want is rookies playing with a derpy QB if you can help it.

If you thing Jackson was the answer going forward, you should start him from day 1. He's not. Fitz isn't either, but he's the best you've got right now. (Hopefully the draft fixes that.)
You're assuming Gaily & Nix are making good decisions. This from the tandem that started Trent Edwards for two games and then cut him. Any credibility they had on evaluating and managing quarterbacks was lost.

Either he's better than Fitz (win) or he's worse and we finish with a higher draft pick (win).

Old
11-26-2012, 11:22 AM
Pondslider

Tarvaris Jackson has a 17-17 record as a starter. I don't think anyone thinks he's Tom Brady, but I don't understand just dismissing him completely. He has started in this league and experienced some success. Fitzpatrick is 15-28. So what's the worst that could happen? Fitzpatrick can lose out just as easily as Jackson.

Old
11-26-2012, 11:32 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondslider View Post
Tarvaris Jackson has a 17-17 record as a starter. I don't think anyone thinks he's Tom Brady, but I don't understand just dismissing him completely. He has started in this league and experienced some success. Fitzpatrick is 15-28. So what's the worst that could happen? Fitzpatrick can lose out just as easily as Jackson.
Records are terrible to evaluate a QB.

He went 8-4 in 2007, 9TD/12INT, 159YDS a game. One of the worst passing offenses in the league that year. Won 8 games because of AP.

Old
11-26-2012, 11:44 AM
Pondslider

I'm not saying he won those games single handedly, but can it really get that much worse with Jackson instead of Fitzpatrick? Fitzpatrick was 4-10-1 before coming to Buffalo with a 12/17 TD/INT ratio. In the two years in Cincinnati before coming here he played 14 games and averaged 136 yards a game. What puts him on another level to Jackson other than the fact that he already has the job?

Old
11-26-2012, 11:51 AM
Ralonzo
Я хочу!

Send a message via Yahoo to Ralonzo
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurp26 View Post
I'm confident you mean Tavaris and not Fred, and I would agree somewhat. Mine as well try him and give him something after trading for him.
IIRC, if Travares plays in 6 or more games, we owe a 6th round pick. If it's less, a 7th. So if he plays weeks 12-16, it's 5 games.

I have no problem with him playing the rest of the year. We know what we've got in Fitz and we need some

Old
11-26-2012, 12:21 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash View Post
and whos happy with Johnson? He blew that big play, WTF did he stop for? Then he ran to the right, where as if he ran to the left there was room to run, it looked like he was waiting for Chandler to give a block...but if thats the case thats not what he ended up doing.

I do agree on Gailey's playcalling though. The RedZone play calling was horrific by Gailey.

Last edited by SFTC Addict: 11-26-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old
11-26-2012, 12:25 PM
joshjull

we need a new owner before they can get the right GM and coach in here. Until that happens, none of the top GM or coaching candidates will seriously consider Buffalo.

Old
11-26-2012, 12:26 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Doing some quick looking I would say if the Bills finish 9-7 the only other team I think that may finish there is Pittsburgh, I think the Bills would have the tiebreaker over them. I think everyone else in the hunt(including Cincy and Miami) will be 8-8 or worse. The bills Defense actually looked decent yesterday, hey Stupid mario you're alive!!!! The schedule is weak enough they could win out if the D plays like that.

Old
11-26-2012, 12:30 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:

The Colts lucked out. The lockout may have been their savior. Because I bet Manning would have been back if he had all offseason to work on his neck and have surgery and all. Then there was being bad enough to be #1. Bills have never been that fortunate. But it's not like Indy is beating reall good teams. Hell, they lost to Jacksonville at home!

Closed Thread