HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

My best player for your best player

Old
11-26-2012, 09:08 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
My best player for your best player

Just for fun, due to lockout hockey withdrawal :

For your favourite team, take your best player, and (for those so inclined), take the best player for any/all other NHL teams and try to structure a trade with those 2 players as the centerpieces. For the purposes of this thread, its strictly a value trade, so ignore team needs and strengths and weaknesses.

For example, I'm a Sens fan, so I would say Karlsson is our best player. From the Islanders, I would say Tavares is their best player, so I would propose a trade around JT for EK and add where needed (I won't propose anything as I'm not great at that LOL).

Have fun!

internetdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 09:18 AM
CREW99AW

Interesting.

Tavares+ for Stamkos....the + could be a young player like the underrated MacDonald, who plays solid top pairing minutes.

Or a forward prospect. Tavares+ Kabanov.Tavares+ Nino.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 09:26 AM
HockeyGuruPitka

Kessel+++++ for Tavares.

HockeyGuruPitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 09:27 AM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Janssen for Tavares, straight up

commmmme oooonn !!!!

Yashintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 09:29 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Methinks some are not getting the idea of this thread. LOL

Old
11-26-2012, 09:47 AM
Dolph Ziggler
Push ME

vCash: 50
Hmmm....

Alex Pietrangelo is obviously our best player.

Petro+pick for Malkin maybe?

Dolph Ziggler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 10:30 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
Kessel+++++ for Tavares.
Kessel is a ufa in 2014. We could see the entire 2012-2013 season, wiped out because of the lockout..

Do you really believe Kessel could be the key player, to return a youngster on a 5-6 yr deal like Tavares/Hall/Seguin/RNH ?

Old
11-26-2012, 11:34 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
Hmmm....

I definitely agree that Petro is your best player, and a great one at that, but think the difference between he and Malkin is more than a pick. Also, a (healthy) Sid is Pitt's best player, a step (albeit a slight one) above Malkin.

Old
11-26-2012, 11:38 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Luongo is (arguably)our best player. Luongo for Stamkos. Makes sense to me.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 11:38 AM
Christ

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Kessel is a ufa in 2014. We could see the entire 2012-2013 season, wiped out because of the lockout..

Do you really believe Kessel could be the key player, to return a youngster on a 5-6 yr deal like Tavares/Hall/Seguin/RNH ?
I don't think that was the point of this thread...thought it was best player for best player. Contract issues be damned, impossibility of potential trade be damned, fan opinions about said impossible trade be damned...etc

Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 11:52 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christ View Post
I don't think that was the point of this thread...thought it was best player for best player. Contract issues be damned, impossibility of potential trade be damned, fan opinions about said impossible trade be damned...etc
The OP said 'for the purposes of this thread, its strictly a value trade, so ignore team needs and strengths and weaknesses'.

Do some fans really think 1 to 1 and 1/2 yrs of Kessel+ could land Tavares/Hall/Seguin/RNH, all of whom have 5 and 1/2 yrs left on their deal?

Old
11-26-2012, 11:54 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
The OP said 'for the purposes of this thread, its strictly a value trade, so ignore team needs and strengths and weaknesses'.

Do some fans really think 1 to 1 and 1/2 yrs of Kessel+ could land Tavares/Hall/Seguin/RNH, all of whom have 5 and 1/2 yrs left on their deal?
Seeing as he said +++++++, I don't see why not. And it's hardly a foregone conclusion Kessel will walk when his contract is up. It's not like teams are not going to be able to sign him or anything.

Old
11-26-2012, 12:01 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

would flyers fans consider Giroux their best player?

Weber for Giroux + Coburn

(coulda saved everyone a lot of heart ache this last summer)

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 12:04 PM
River City Rumble
Registered Loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Inglorious One View Post
Hmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post

Pietrangelo for Giroux!

River City Rumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 12:13 PM
88th Precinct
Pitchfork Acquired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Seeing as he said +++++++, I don't see why not. And it's hardly a foregone conclusion Kessel will walk when his contract is up. It's not like teams are not going to be able to sign him or anything.
True, but the return for JT would gut he leafs......actually, I think 'gore' is an even better word. I wouldn't move JT, and it would take something to the tune of Kessel, Phaneuf, Gardiner and/or JVR + a first, or Toronto's next 2 firsts. Basically leaving the Leafs in the same situation the Isles were in when the drafted JT, and his efforts don't help a team tank as much as get within sniffing distance of the high end picks you don't get with JT's improving ability to squeeze enough points, if not wins, to keep the Leafs drafting 4-7 rather than 1st overall.

88th Precinct is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 12:19 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Acrostic View Post
True, but the return for JT would gut he leafs......actually, I think 'gore' is an even better word. I wouldn't move JT, and it would take something to the tune of Kessel, Phaneuf, Gardiner and/or JVR + a first, or Toronto's next 2 firsts. Basically leaving the Leafs in the same situation the Isles were in when the drafted JT, and his efforts don't help a team tank as much as get within sniffing distance of the high end picks you don't get with JT's improving ability to squeeze enough points, if not wins, to keep the Leafs drafting 4-7 rather than 1st overall.
Except the OP said disregarding team strengths/weaknesses, etc. Tavares in real life would require massive overpayment. But in terms of pure value to a team, Kessel + Phaneuf sounds about right, imo.

i.e., if the Islanders were to ask what it would take for the Leafs to move both Kessel and Phaneuf, the only answer they'd give is Tavares.

Old
11-26-2012, 12:24 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Yes, Kessel might sign an extension with the new team. Or he might decide to test the market and see what other teams offer.

Imo no team holding Tavares/Hall/RNH/Seguin is trading that player and the key return is Kessel, a ufa in 2014.

Old
11-26-2012, 12:50 PM
frankthetank91

Quote:
Yes, Kessel might sign an extension with the new team. Or he might decide to test the market and see what other teams offer.

Imo no team holding Tavares/Hall/RNH/Seguin is trading that player and the key return is Kessel, a ufa in 2014.
Signed Kessel, Lupul, Bozak and pick for Tavares.

Future:

Kadri-Tavares-Perry

Good ol' Ontario boy line.

frankthetank91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 12:54 PM
marty111

Quote:

Depending on the new CBA, Kessel could be an RFA in 2014 could he not?

marty111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 12:55 PM
marty111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caustic Acrostic View Post
There's no way Tavares is worth that much. But to each their own.

Old
11-26-2012, 01:00 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank91 View Post
Signed Kessel, Lupul, Bozak and pick for Tavares.

Future:

Kadri-Tavares-Perry

Good ol' Ontario boy line.
Both Bozak and Lupul are ufas in 2013. Kessel a ufa in 2014. And Leaf fans think some team will trade for all 3, sign all three to fat extensions? Maybe the isles will toss in Hamonic for future considerations?

Lupul=a less consisten scorer then Moulson
Bozak= Frans Nielsen can score the same 45 pts and Strome/Brock Nelson are having strong seasons.

Old
11-26-2012, 01:03 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty111 View Post
Depending on the new CBA, Kessel could be an RFA in 2014 could he not?

2 - 2 and 1/2 yrs of Kessel, still isn't worth what would then be 6 - 6 and 1/2 yrs of Tavares/Hall/RNH/Seguin.

Old
11-26-2012, 01:06 PM
marty111

Quote:
2 - 2 and 1/2 yrs of Kessel, still isn't worth what would then be 6 - 6 and 1/2 yrs of Tavares/Hall/RNH/Seguin.
If Kessel is an RFA then he will be around longer than two 1/2 years. Just using some common sense if that's true.

Old
11-26-2012, 01:09 PM
Broad Street Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post

Your first question makes me seriously question if you've ever watched the Flyers play. I'd slap the fabled AINEC to Giroux being the Flyers best player, best asset, best leader... etc.

Even if you remove the contracts from this (which you shouldn't as it hugely impacts net worth), Giroux and Weber are a lot closer to wash than a player like Coburn. When you factor in contracts, I don't think I'd even consider Weber straight up for Giroux.

Broad Street Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 01:22 PM
Community
Former TMLKesselftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
Your first question makes me seriously question if you've ever watched the Flyers play. I'd slap the fabled AINEC to Giroux being the Flyers best player, best asset, best leader... etc.

Even if you remove the contracts from this (which you shouldn't as it hugely impacts net worth), Giroux and Weber are a lot closer to wash than a player like Coburn. When you factor in contracts, I don't think I'd even consider Weber straight up for Giroux.
Perhaps he was thinking Pronger? Makes sense if we're assuming everybody's healthy.... which isn't a good assumption when it comes to Pronger.

Community is offline   Reply With Quote