HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > HFNHL Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
HFNHL Talk HFNHL is a full-simulation fantasy league that uses the FHL simulator to determine the outcome of games over a full 82-game season.

Preseason notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-26-2012, 12:51 PM
  #1
PasiK
Registered User
 
PasiK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Paimio, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 702
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to PasiK
Preseason notices

Injuries!

goalies are tired already in preseason and 7 are injured at the moment, two sharks goalies.
this is no real hockey so it is not possible to replace starter and backup with farm goalies as ratings are not realistic for them. In real life AHL goalies can replace NHL goalies, but not in HFNHL.

Why do we need Injuries?

PasiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 01:33 PM
  #2
Canuck09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,158
vCash: 500
So starters can't play 82 games.

Canuck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 01:40 PM
  #3
MatthewFlames
Registered User
 
MatthewFlames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America
Posts: 3,149
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MatthewFlames Send a message via MSN to MatthewFlames Send a message via Yahoo to MatthewFlames Send a message via Skype™ to MatthewFlames
Quote:
Originally Posted by PasiK View Post
Injuries!

goalies are tired already in preseason and 7 are injured at the moment, two sharks goalies.
this is no real hockey so it is not possible to replace starter and backup with farm goalies as ratings are not realistic for them. In real life AHL goalies can replace NHL goalies, but not in HFNHL.

Why do we need Injuries?
Injuries are a part of hockey. I personally like that goalies get tired now (just like in real life) and GM's can't play them 80 games. That was a tad unrealistic.

EDIT: It should be noted that there will be more rest days and days between games in the real schedule as opposed to this condensed pre-season schedule

MatthewFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 02:30 PM
  #4
PasiK
Registered User
 
PasiK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Paimio, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 702
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to PasiK
theodore has played 4 gms and Karlsson 3 and both are now injured, and they didnt even played games in a row, I rested Theo in third game.

and also there was rest days as Sharks didnt play every day, what the heck did Theodore do in his rest days .... at least he didnt get rest.

PasiK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 02:33 PM
  #5
Canuck09
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewFlames View Post
Injuries are a part of hockey. I personally like that goalies get tired now (just like in real life) and GM's can't play them 80 games. That was a tad unrealistic.

EDIT: It should be noted that there will be more rest days and days between games in the real schedule as opposed to this condensed pre-season schedule
Is fatigue based on a scale of shots against still? Or was that the old SIM?

Canuck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 06:23 PM
  #6
Brock
Moderator
 
Brock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Oakville
Posts: 9,425
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PasiK View Post
theodore has played 4 gms and Karlsson 3 and both are now injured, and they didnt even played games in a row, I rested Theo in third game.

and also there was rest days as Sharks didnt play every day, what the heck did Theodore do in his rest days .... at least he didnt get rest.
Maybe it was a Propecia accident.

__________________
OHL Prospects Blog - http://ohlprospects.blogspot.com/
OHL Prospects on Twitter - @BrockOtten
Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 08:41 AM
  #7
Dr.Sens(e)
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 6,160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PasiK View Post
theodore has played 4 gms and Karlsson 3 and both are now injured, and they didnt even played games in a row, I rested Theo in third game.

and also there was rest days as Sharks didnt play every day, what the heck did Theodore do in his rest days .... at least he didnt get rest.
For your Sharks, one goalie has below average endurance (63), and the other has virtually no endurance (33). Meanwhile, you are giving up over 36 shots per game, third worst in the league.

During the regular season, you will be able to rotate them game to game for the most part, but it is obviously something you will need to stay on top of given you don't have a goalie who has played a lot of games in the last few years. This was something you could get away with before, but no longer (at the same time, your Sharks are doing pretty well just the same!)

In the end, teams will have to manage their goalies a lot better, and starters won't automatically be good for 70 games anymore.

For the Blues, Howard has decent EN (75), but is exhausted after 6 straight starts. Seems about right and a lot more realistic.

Dr.Sens(e) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 10:30 AM
  #8
MatthewFlames
Registered User
 
MatthewFlames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America
Posts: 3,149
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MatthewFlames Send a message via MSN to MatthewFlames Send a message via Yahoo to MatthewFlames Send a message via Skype™ to MatthewFlames
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck09 View Post
Is fatigue based on a scale of shots against still? Or was that the old SIM?
Yes, part of it is that goalies become more fatigued if they face more shots. When I sim later I'll post the exact stats.

MatthewFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.