HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 5.0 - CLR Edition

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2012, 10:29 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Snippin' Yank

vCash: 597
Well you wrote Forsberg! lol.

Collberg for Sweden is a lock.

Hudon for Canada seems very certain.

Vail is the other possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
What do ya mean the Truculence Model doesn't work?! I thought Toronto was AAAAMAAZINGG....

I agree more skill less bone head bruisers.
I'm already dreading someone like Tom Wilson making the team instead of Drouin because Drouin is ''too young''.

Old
11-26-2012, 10:30 AM
FrankMTL

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
I'm sorry. My question was badly formulated, and you inferred I cared about other team's prospects.

Which of the Habs' prospects can be playing?
I'm assuming these players are locks:

Galchenyuk (USA)
Collberg (Sweden)
Hudon (Canada)

Vail has an outside shot with the USA, but if it's not this year, it will probably be next year. Pribyl is too old by a couple of weeks..and Beaulieu by about 4 weeks.

Old
11-26-2012, 10:34 AM
AJMHABS
Vanek!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy View Post
Both Beaulieu and Pribyl just miss out because of December birthday's, born a month later and they'd be in it. The rest aren't even in the running for their respective national junior teams.
Hudon and arguablly Vail are in the running for both Team Canada and Team U.S.A respectively.

Old
11-26-2012, 10:38 AM
AJMHABS
Vanek!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
I'm already dreading someone like Tom Wilson making the team instead of Drouin because Drouin is ''too young''.
That wouldn't be as good for TC, they need skill, no matter the age of the player. They could use Drouin's sick hands and playmaking ability on the PP more than Wilson's toughness and grit.

Old
11-26-2012, 10:39 AM
eddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMHABS View Post
Hudon and arguablly Vail are in the running for both Team Canada and Team U.S.A respectively.
Was referring to 2011 draft picks only.

Old
11-26-2012, 10:55 AM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
That wouldn't be as good for TC, they need skill, no matter the age of the player. They could use Drouin's sick hands and playmaking ability on the PP more than Wilson's toughness and grit.
Depends on the role and how the top 9 fills out, but I agree.

I have no problem with a tougher skilled player in a bottom 6 role. But make no mistake your Top 9 needs as much skill as possible.

Old
11-26-2012, 11:01 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Well you wrote Forsberg! lol.
Hey, not my fault I got confused! You guys argue about Forsberg all the ****ing time in our prospect threads :-P

Old
11-26-2012, 11:22 AM
AJMHABS
Vanek!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy View Post
Was referring to 2011 draft picks only.
Ohh, my bad.

You're right, there ain't much in the 2011 draft class as compared to the 2012 class when it comes to WJC candidates for their respective nations.

Old
11-26-2012, 11:25 AM
Whitesnake
Year of the Snake

Vail needs to get it going again. Needs to rack the points. They know what his defensive game is and maybe just for that, I'd have him on my team....but I'm biased. Which then brings the points factor....

Old
11-26-2012, 11:33 AM
poetryinmotion

Yeah I would definitely be cheering on USA because of Gally, and in a USA vs TC match, I'd be somewhat neutral or maybe rooting slightly for our boys down south. He is eligible for next year's WJC as well, no?

Old
11-26-2012, 11:39 AM
x74Pacioretty74x

Will anyone else on here be attending Sarnia vs Peterborough on Saturday night? Ill be repping my Habs gear and I hope I wont be the only one!

Old
11-26-2012, 11:50 AM
AJMHABS
Vanek!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Yeah I would definitely be cheering on USA because of Gally, and in a USA vs TC match, I'd be somewhat neutral or maybe rooting slightly for our boys down south. He is eligible for next year's WJC as well, no?
Yes, I think he would be.

But if he makes it to the big club next year, do the Habs send him?

Old
11-26-2012, 11:51 AM
That

I can't wait for the WJC now. I can't wait to see what Galchenyuk does with more talent on his team, especially since he most likely be playing centre.

The US has a very deep team this year, especially at forward. I think that Galchenyuk, Noesen, Miller, and Grimaldi are the only locks. Then you have guys like Biggs, Trocheck, Gaudreau, Hartman, Matteau, Lucia, Kerdiles, Samuelsson and probably some NCAA players I don't know enough about. So I think Vail is a bit of a long shot at this point. Especially since his production is dipping right now. Part of it could be attributed to Rychel, Ho-Sang, and Marchese stepping up offensively, but he's had quite a few bad games in a row now.

There's a ton of talent for Galchenyuk to play with. I'm really excited to see how he rises to the occasion.

Old
11-26-2012, 11:56 AM
AJMHABS
Vanek!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
I can't wait for the WJC now. I can't wait to see what Galchenyuk does with more talent on his team, especially since he most likely be playing centre.

The US has a very deep team this year, especially at forward. I think that Galchenyuk, Noesen, Miller, and Grimaldi are the only locks. Then you have guys like Biggs, Trocheck, Gaudreau, Hartman, Matteau, Lucia, Kerdiles, Samuelsson and probably some NCAA players I don't know enough about. So I think Vail is a bit of a long shot at this point. Especially since his production is dipping right now. Part of it could be attributed to Rychel, Ho-Sang, and Marchese stepping up offensively, but he's had quite a few bad games in a row now.

There's a ton of talent for Galchenyuk to play with. I'm really excited to see how he rises to the occasion.
It will help him, that's for sure.

I mean, he's doing great on an sort of overachieving Sting team, they shouldn'teven be tied for first in their division, imagine what he can do with a very strong team with the U.S.A.

Old
11-26-2012, 12:42 PM
larrypacman8167

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
Bozon would be playing for France which isn't in the Top Division. He would be playing in Division I, but not sure if he will play in this tournament or stay with Kamloops.
he's not going

Old
11-26-2012, 01:41 PM
Lafleurs Guy

He looks great so far... nice to finally have some top picks in our stable.

Should the lockout go the year, we'll probably see another lottery draft with us getting the highest odds of getting another top pick (three ping pong balls to most other team's one) and hopefully scoop up something that way. You add another elite prospect to what we already have and we should be in very good shape going forward.

Old
11-26-2012, 01:45 PM
CH4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post

Should the lockout go the year, we'll probably see another lottery draft with us getting the highest odds of getting another top pick (three ping pong balls to most other team's one) and hopefully scoop up something that way. You add another elite prospect to what we already have and we should be in very good shape going forward.
we'll have only 1 ball as we made the playoffs 2 of the last 3 years

Old
11-26-2012, 01:48 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4 View Post
Only if we use the same system as the lost lockout, where the situation was quite a bit different than today's lockout.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
Old
11-26-2012, 02:07 PM
NewEraGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post

you know they are not actually ping pong balls right?

Old
11-26-2012, 02:08 PM
HABS2DCUP

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Only if we use the same system as the lost lockout, where the situation was quite a bit different than today's lockout.
I read in another thread where someone heard that the owners wanted all teams to have one ball. I'd be down for that. If that happens I'd kinda feel bad for the Leafs.

Old
11-26-2012, 02:14 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewEraGM View Post
you know they are not actually ping pong balls right?
Wait... really? They aren't?

That changes everything!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH4 View Post
Guess we'll have to see what happens with the lotto (if there is one.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS2DCUP View Post
I read in another thread where someone heard that the owners wanted all teams to have one ball. I'd be down for that. If that happens I'd kinda feel bad for the Leafs.
Totally random could be very dangerous though. If Pittsburgh for example won the lotto folks would go wild in the streets. Not sure the league wants that to happen. I'm pretty sure it will be weighted somehow.

Old
11-26-2012, 02:51 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Canada's Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS2DCUP View Post
I wouldn't. They've had a top 10 pick 5 years in a row now. If they misused the picks, it's on them and nobody else. They've had more than most and have done **** all with it.

Old
11-26-2012, 02:54 PM
eddy

Quote:
Ohh, my bad.

You're right, there ain't much in the 2011 draft class as compared to the 2012 class when it comes to WJC candidates for their respective nations.
No worries. You're right, the 2012 draft definitely makes up for a lack of prospects going to the WJC from 2011.

Old
11-26-2012, 02:59 PM
Lars The GOAT Eller
WildGranlund

Send a message via Skype™ to Lars The GOAT Eller
Quote:
Originally Posted by x74Pacioretty74x View Post
Will anyone else on here be attending Sarnia vs Peterborough on Saturday night? Ill be repping my Habs gear and I hope I wont be the only one!
I'll be there! I'll bring my AK46 jersey maybe.

Old
11-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
I want Gally to scorch the tourney, Canada included. Habs come before team Canada for me, ainec.
Completely agree JG , if usa ends up wining gold and galchenyuk ends up being a big part of it then it would be what I would most like to see happen

Ive seen enough team canada golds , and there all great and everything , but my investment as a fan is on gally at the moment, I could care less how team canada does this year

Closed Thread