HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo thread continued...

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2012, 01:43 PM
ACC1224
Steelers 1 - 1

vCash: 500
Leafs wouldn't do any of those deals, nor would they need to.

Old
11-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Should've been called instead : Nazem to Vancouver/Thread #lulz

Old
11-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
A B list prospect, a second B list prospect or a conditional first, and possibly a cap dump? Marty and Liferleafer were making such progress too...Drop Kesler from the third proposal and you might have something, the other two are just terrible.

Old
11-26-2012, 01:45 PM
WhatASaveDave

Bozak
Colborne
2014 1st round pick
Rynass
Ashton

for

Luongo
and a 3rd round pick in 2013

Old
11-26-2012, 01:48 PM
LEAFANFORLIFE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
hey'd do #3. #3 adds a center and a goalie

Old
11-26-2012, 01:52 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
A B list prospect, a second B list prospect or a conditional first, and possibly a cap dump? Marty and Liferleafer were making such progress too...Drop Kesler from the third proposal and you might have something, the other two are just terrible.
rofl... come on you can't be serious.

Old
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Number 3 is brutal...there is no way you could get Luongo and Kesler, without giving up any of Gardiner, Reilly, Lupul, Kessel, Grabo, or Phaneuf. The fact that you apparently did think so is actually laughable. Oh, and you even protected you're 1st. Vancouver says no to all of them I imagine.

Old
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post

Leafs "wouldn't do" Kesler + Luongo?

Nucks decline all 3 proposals

Old
11-26-2012, 01:54 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Really? You want an immediate impact player, right? If so I don't see that being the case.
That would make the price cheaper, but futures can be worked with. I want that impact piece, or at the very least someone that will become that impact piece, but it all depends on who you ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsrock View Post
Marcus Johansson for Luongo. I like it except i'm basically sold on holtby being our #1 for many years to come
Yeah...yeah? I like Johansson, but I feel the value isn't quite there. Compared to 90% of the proposals brought up here though, Johansson straight would be jumped on by myself and more then a couple Canucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty111 View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think this is the best deal Vancouver could get for Luongo if things fall into place for them. [Lupul not committed to TO but would sign an extension in Vancouver]

Joffery Lupul
Joe Colbourne
Matthew Lombardi
1st Round Pick in 2014

Roberto Luongo
1st Round Pick in 2014

I've also been thinking that maybe if the lockout is all year than perhaps both Vancouver and Toronto can attract some key UFA's that would allow Vancouver to take a little less and Toronto to offer a little more [perhaps future package] if they could justify balancing out their rosters with UFA's.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I like it.

Old
11-26-2012, 01:56 PM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
rofl... come on you can't be serious.
Well...with Kesler it is brutal. An impending UFA, a winger who scored 7 goals, but granted, will probably bounce back, a B prospect, a good prospect, another prospect, and a top 10 protected 1st, for a #1 goalie and a center, who would be your #1` center, who has scored 40 goals, and won a selke? Oh, and did I mention that the team recieving all the futures is in win now mode?

Old
11-26-2012, 01:58 PM
Cheddabombs
Status Quo

Canucks are in no rush to trade Luongo and will likely only trade him for a great package... Non of those offers come close. If Leafs are going to get Luongo, a bigger piece other than Kadri is going to be included whether you like it or not such as Gardiner, JVR, etc... Dont like that? Then no Luongo, simple as that.

Old
11-26-2012, 01:58 PM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Number 3 is brutal...there is no way you could get Luongo and Kesler, without giving up any of Gardiner, Reilly, Lupul, Kessel, Grabo, or Phaneuf. The fact that you apparently did think so is actually laughable. Oh, and you even protected you're 1st. Vancouver says no to all of them I imagine.
We have been getting these proposals and worse from most Leafs fans this entire time. The one that takes the cake is the guy who said Bozak straight up for Luongo. Might have been Bozak and a 2nd.

You know the proposals are terrible when an Avs fan and a Bruins fan sides with the Canucks

The best part about this thread is a Leafs fan saying no to the third deal.

Yup lets give up a couple of 2nd/3rd line tweeners a B prospect, a top 5 prospect (for their team) and a protected pick for an elite goalie and a Selke calibre 2C who would be the best foward and #1C on the team after the deal. Oh wait Leafs give up too much! LOL

Old
11-26-2012, 01:59 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Well...with Kesler it is brutal. An impending UFA, a winger who scored 7 goals, but granted, will probably bounce back, a B prospect, a good prospect, another prospect, and a top 10 protected 1st, for a #1 goalie and a center, who would be your #1` center, who has scored 40 goals, and won a selke? Oh, and did I mention that the team recieving all the futures is in win now mode?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post

Leafs "wouldn't do" Kesler + Luongo?

Nucks decline all 3 proposals
We're missing an Oilers fan, a Calgary fan and possibly an L.A. or Wild fan agreeing these are terrible trades, and apocolypse will be on the way.

Not that either of you gentlemen are overly biased, but keee-ripes, when Av's and Bruins' fans say this is awful for the Canucks, it needs to be scrapped.

Old
11-26-2012, 02:00 PM
TieClark

Quote:
I never said the Canucks would do 3... I'm just laughing at the fact that he thinks Luongo will fetch anything close to that. TBH I doubt he even gets 1 or 2.

Old
11-26-2012, 02:03 PM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
I never said the Canucks would do 3... I'm just laughing at the fact that he thinks Luongo will fetch anything close to that. TBH I doubt he even gets 1 or 2.
TBH I don't think the Leafs will ever have a good starting goalie unless they develop one themselves if they think top goalies will go for that cheap of a price... but its funny to think that most think they will get one for scraps

Old
11-26-2012, 02:04 PM
Mystifo
Lol Doodle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddabombs View Post
Canucks are in no rush to trade Luongo and will likely only trade him for a great package... Non of those offers come close. If Leafs are going to get Luongo, a bigger piece other than Kadri is going to be included whether you like it or not such as Gardiner, JVR, etc... Dont like that? Then no Luongo, simple as that.
That is cool we are perfectly fine keeping Gards and JVR enjoy the Back up goalie in Lou.

Old
11-26-2012, 02:06 PM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
That is cool we are perfectly fine keeping Gards and JVR enjoy the Back up goalie in Lou.
because Luongo can't pull a Thomas... enjoy another 3+ years with no playoffs

Old
11-26-2012, 02:08 PM
Cogburn

Quote:
Since I missed the post of who you've quoted:

I actually thought it was considerably less laughable without Kesler. Legitimately. With Kesler, I mean we might as well just hand over Edler, Hamhuis and the Sedins. There is no value there to justify even mentioning Kesler.

Percy and Ashton are throw ins, Colborne/Kadri aren't enough to seal any kind of deal for either, and considering you've essentially offered that kind of value for Luongo, which is way off course anyway, that leaves Kulemin, Bozak and a 1st for Kesler.

That's horrible, horrible value. Dropping Kesler is still off base, but far less laughible then offering a package of "also rans".

Old
11-26-2012, 02:08 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback91 View Post
TBH I don't think the Leafs will ever have a good starting goalie unless they develop one themselves if they think top goalies will go for that cheap of a price... but its funny to think that most think they will get one for scraps
Nobody is disputing the fact that Luongo isn't a great goalie... fact is when you're signed to a huge contract until you're in your mid 40's your value drops very significantly...

Old
11-26-2012, 02:10 PM
racerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
You mean another Presidents trophy and finals appearance? Ok If we have too.

Not touching any of these deals. Sorry, from what has been discussed for the most part (besides a few good leaf posters (Liferleafer)) I am probably taking the trade with Florida for Petrovic Shore and one of their goalies. I think the good will it shows Luongo will go a long way in attracting other FA, and that is value that may not be measured in a trade. Plus both prospects fit our needs.

Old
11-26-2012, 02:13 PM
racerjoe

Quote:
Nobody is disputing the fact that Luongo isn't a great goalie... fact is when you're signed to a huge contract until you're in your mid 40's your value drops very significantly...
So 42 is mid forty's? Guess I am hitting mid thirties this year at 31... Not to mention he is on record as saying he will most likely not finish out his contract, and so far the worst case scenario would have the Canucks taking the rap for it, and what you have said makes less sense than any of these trades.

Old
11-26-2012, 02:15 PM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
nobody said it doesn't we arent asking for Kessel or your top prospect + now are we?

We are just saying it doesn't drop his value to what would be scraps to the Canucks either. They are in a win now mode so futures is already a bad start for negotiations, but when all they get is a B+ prospect and a pick that will probably be 15+, not enough futures to warrant dealing away a big peace of the team for futures only

Old
11-26-2012, 02:17 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe View Post
So 42 is mid forty's? Guess I am hitting mid thirties this year at 31... Not to mention he is on record as saying he will most likely not finish out his contract, and so far the worst case scenario would have the Canucks taking the rap for it, and what you have said makes less sense than any of these trades.
43 and yeah it is. Nobody in their right mind agrees to a legally binding contract in writing with a verbal agreement nobody can prove that they won't actually need all of it to be honoured. If for example Tim Thomas continued playing this year and had a contact until he's 45 with the verbal agreement he'll retire before that, nobody is going to give up the same for him if it was a 1 year deal instead... even if he said he was going to retire next year anyways.

Old
11-26-2012, 02:20 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
I would move the Sedins to make room for Getzlaf and Perry if push came to shove.
That would be huge mistake. Sedins are on a discount and will stay that way the rest of their career. They are also still better offensively than Getz and Perry.

Old
11-26-2012, 02:21 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty111 View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I think this is the best deal Vancouver could get for Luongo if things fall into place for them. [Lupul not committed to TO but would sign an extension in Vancouver]

Joffery Lupul
Joe Colbourne
Matthew Lombardi
1st Round Pick in 2014

Roberto Luongo
1st Round Pick in 2014

I've also been thinking that maybe if the lockout is all year than perhaps both Vancouver and Toronto can attract some key UFA's that would allow Vancouver to take a little less and Toronto to offer a little more [perhaps future package] if they could justify balancing out their rosters with UFA's.
It's a fair trade but drop the 1st from both sides.

Closed Thread