HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Lockout (is over!!!!!)

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2012, 05:31 PM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

vCash: 500
Brouwer wore an 'A' didn't he? If so did it stand for alternate or arse?

Old
11-24-2012, 06:24 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

vCash: 888
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
Brouwer wore an 'A' didn't he? If so did it stand for alternate or arse?
He sure as hell won't wear it ever again. Heck if not for the idiotic statement he should of been the alternate along with Backstrom.

Old
11-24-2012, 06:43 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydaycrash View Post
Troy effing Brouwer doesn't know if he can stand up for his teammates anymore....Troy " I make almost 4 million for 33 pts" , player rep, doesn't like what Hammer and Neuvy said......hey Troy , F U you greedy, ungrateful, petty arrogant **** !

You should be thanking every god there is, and calling every owner and Bettman thanking them daily you get paid what you do.

And if you can't discern the difference between financial negotions and your teammates desire to get back on the ice cos he wants to win , then you have no business being a player rep let alone a hockey player.

I hope they cancel the season, really.....and I hope they cancel next season too....it'll be worth it watching these ungrateful ****** squirm and beg for their jobs !

The audacity of these players calling the negations and the owners proposals unfair....unfair ?????
The holocaust was unfair, kids getting terminal illnesses is unfair, Walmart employees making 8 bucks an hr with no benefits is unfair......I seriously don't know if I can root for these guys anymore !
He should be making those comments because if the CBA doesnt work in the players' favor, he aint making **** compared to what he got for an extension last time for what he produces.

Assclown.

Old
11-25-2012, 02:50 AM
sunnydaycrash

Has to make you wonder and question why we cheer for these jerk offs.

Old
11-25-2012, 04:18 AM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:
Most of the jerk offs are the plugs. Really the only core player who has said some really stupid stuff during CBA negotiations is Toews.

Brouwer is a plug. He was supposed to replace Knuble, which he was inconsistent at.

With Oates talking about putting Ovi on the right wing, I wouldn't be surprised to see him try Hendricks on the top line.

Old
11-25-2012, 10:21 PM
caps4cup
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
Most of the jerk offs are the plugs. Really the only core player who has said some really stupid stuff during CBA negotiations is Toews.

Brouwer is a plug. He was supposed to replace Knuble, which he was inconsistent at.

With Oates talking about putting Ovi on the right wing, I wouldn't be surprised to see him try Hendricks on the top line.
Hendricks has no offensive IQ. I guess it's worth a shot, but I'd be shocked if it panned out.

Old
11-26-2012, 12:02 AM
sunnydaycrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post

Brandon Prust is one of those jerk off plugs....his twitter account is filled with asinine comments!
Then again the idea that he'll lose out on 2.5 million (unreal)if the season is canceled brings me joy!

Old
11-26-2012, 08:34 AM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
Ok that does it, I am deleting all my NHL bookmarks in protest

Old
11-26-2012, 09:25 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Blah, wrong thread.

Old
11-26-2012, 12:51 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Apropos of nothing, it's amazing what McPhee and the Caps have squandered and/or thrown away since the last lockout.

I'm sure the league will come back eventually but how do the locals think the Caps will do at the gate when the league is back? And we''ll be going head to head with RGIII for half the year.

Old
11-26-2012, 12:56 PM
strungout
Professional Killer

Quote:
Well...I cheer for the team. The Washington Capitals.

That's why I'm typically on the owners side in these things, I suppose.

Old
11-26-2012, 01:24 PM
BobRouse

Lost alot of respect for Troy. He was quickly rising to be one of my favorite Caps but if this is his mentality then I'd wish he was traded and not play another game for the Caps.

Old
11-26-2012, 02:18 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

The universally negative reaction to Brouwer's comments surprises me a little. Hamrlik's (and I guess Neuvirth's) comments are unavoidably just as anti-team and arguably more self-centered. Of course, any analysis of the situation ultimately leads back to how stupid and irrational prescriptions of team-based loyalty are, so it's hard to take anyone's side really.

Old
11-26-2012, 02:29 PM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonsofcain View Post
The universally negative reaction to Brouwer's comments surprises me a little. Hamrlik's (and I guess Neuvirth's) comments are unavoidably just as anti-team and arguably more self-centered. Of course, any analysis of the situation ultimately leads back to how stupid and irrational prescriptions of team-based loyalty are, so it's hard to take anyone's side really.
For sonsofcain it sure is...

But to the vast majority of fans they are clearly on the owners side in this dispute.

The players sense of entitlement is sickening. I suspect what Neuvirth says is the truth..the lockout is for the high end players who represent but a small fraction of the players in the league.

Old
11-26-2012, 02:33 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

I'm completely on the players' side in this dispute.

The owners got virtually everything they wanted in the last lockout, but decided they didn't like how it worked. So now they want more.

Lest we forget, they're the ones locking the players out. If it were up to the players, they'd have extended the last CBA, and we'd have been watching hockey for the past two months.

Old
11-26-2012, 02:34 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

The big disconnect there is that Neuvirth's/Hamrlik's "selfishness" is business oriented. Brouwer's comments make it sound like he'd be taking it on the ice, too. If there's one thing that the lockouts should have taught us, it's that the business side and the sports side overlapping is not fun.

So even if you agree with Brouwer's premise (that the players need to present a united front, or whatever version of that) it's hard to be anything but annoyed with the way he said it.

There's also the viewpoint that the PA standing united to sign on their terms, rather than caving early for a worse deal, will only end up hurting them in the long run (as in the extra time lost does more damage than is made up for in the better CBA terms). If you think that way, Hamrlik seems like the sane one. Guess it would depend on each player whether that's really true, and a guy at the end of his career certainly has less to lose by caving than a younger guy...

(As for my stance, if it matters, I've always been mildly pro-owner. Neither side gets sympathy from me in a pissing contest between millionaires and billionaires, but if the PA can't/won't do anything to give itself the leverage it needs, they're going to lose no matter what and should just lose quickly so that the schedule interruption is minimal.)

Old
11-26-2012, 03:40 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post

But to the vast majority of fans they are clearly on the owners side in this dispute.

The players sense of entitlement is sickening. I suspect what Neuvirth says is the truth..the lockout is for the high end players who represent but a small fraction of the players in the league.
I meant sides as in Brouwer/Hamrlik-Neuvirth.

Old
11-26-2012, 04:16 PM
HSHS
Losing is a disease

They can all suck a bag of *****.

Old
11-26-2012, 04:25 PM
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to usiel
I'm pretty pro owner overall when it comes to pro sports. The whole millionaires vs. billionaires thing part of that. Agree though they are definitely attempt to force some bitter pills on the players. Of course the players would have kept playing on the old CBA as it shifted over to them as to which benefited the most the last couple of years. Still think they would move off adding the additional year before becoming a free agent. Feels like how they handle the 50/50 split is really what they are after, imho. That and getting rid of the back diving contracts. I like that 5% variance per year but I would think they would go a little higher percentage wise.

11-26-2012, 07:01 PM
gamedotdll

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post

Where are you getting the vast majority of fans are clearly on the owners side? Just because it's your opinion doesn't mean the vast majority of anything is sharing it.

The owners got everything they wanted last CBA and put themselves into the current situation. The owners signed the current contracts and should be required to honor them. What is the point of a contract if every 4 years owners can just change their minds.

Old
11-26-2012, 07:14 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

It's not as if the current contracts were guaranteed 100% in terms of $$; they were always subject to losses via escrow, so it's not as if them being reduced further (via increased escrow) would be all that out of the ordinary. The question is always going to be how far is too far for the PA.

Old
11-26-2012, 07:38 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Its too bad the Caps can't trade Brouwer for Stalberg.

Saw Stalberg actually playing hockey, unlike cry baby Brouwer, I love his speed and size.

Old
11-27-2012, 08:39 AM
BTCG

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
I'm completely on the players' side in this dispute.

The owners got virtually everything they wanted in the last lockout, but decided they didn't like how it worked. So now they want more.

Lest we forget, they're the ones locking the players out. If it were up to the players, they'd have extended the last CBA, and we'd have been watching hockey for the past two months.
Wow,

An intelligent, articulate post. Good job sir!

Old
11-27-2012, 09:56 AM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
I see the last CBA as about getting the cap in place and this one about getting a 50/50 split of revenue as far as the owners go. No way the owners wanted a 57/43 revenue split last time but they could accept it for the length of the CBA in return for the cap, which I'm sure they felt they were never going to get if they also insisted on a 50/50 split.

Old
11-27-2012, 12:35 PM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

The thing I find most amusing about the lockout is this...

The players are essentially fighting for the top 10% of guys to keep their massive contracts.

The league is essentially fighting for the bottomg 50% of teams who are losing money nuts over rake.

Sports are a business and in a business, you are out to make a profit. Yes, a lot of teams screwed their own pooch by paying their employees "too much". This doesn't change the fact that half the teams in the league aren't making a dime on their investment. You know what happens when most businesses lose money? They close.

Now, half the league folds. 16 team league. You spread those superstars out across the 16 team league. Are they gonna keep making their 9+ million dollar salaries, the lot of em? Hell no, not if you want those 16 teams to remain profitable.

So...what the hell are the players fighting for, really?

Closed Thread