HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alex Galchenyuk Thread 5.0 - CLR Edition

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2012, 03:11 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
He looks great so far... nice to finally have some top picks in our stable.

Should the lockout go the year, we'll probably see another lottery draft with us getting the highest odds of getting another top pick (three ping pong balls to most other team's one) and hopefully scoop up something that way. You add another elite prospect to what we already have and we should be in very good shape going forward.
Yeah only way were getting another blue chip is by the league returning and we absolutely stink up the place for 48 games, but I wont lie.... I think I could handle it ONE more time if were gonna get 1-2 great new toys....would be easier to sit thru a 48 game stinkfest then an 82 game one..

Old
11-26-2012, 03:12 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
Yeah only way were getting another blue chip is by the league returning and we absolutely stink up the place for 48 games, but I wont lie.... I think I could handle it ONE more time if were gonna get 1-2 great new toys....would be easier to sit thru a 48 game stinkfest then an 82 game one..
We're in need of one more surgical tank.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1237081

A 48 game season would do the trick.

Old
11-26-2012, 03:14 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
We got lucky last year, in a way. This team did not deserve a 3rd last finish. Now, however, the team is even worse. For the long term success of the Canadiens, playing this season is imperative. The last lockout's 3,2,1 Ball system for the draft would royally screw us out of a top 10 pick.

Old
11-26-2012, 03:19 PM
dcal64

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABS2DCUP View Post
I read in another thread where someone heard that the owners wanted all teams to have one ball. I'd be down for that. If that happens I'd kinda feel bad for the Leafs.
Kypreos asked Bill Daly about what would happen with the draft if the season got cancelled, Daly answered he hadn't given it any thought, so at this point anything is possible for the order for the draft.

But I find it unlikely that everyone gets the same odds, ridiculous to think that LA can wind up with the 1st pick overall when their Stanley Cup team is pretty much returning intact.

Old
11-26-2012, 03:20 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
We got lucky last year, in a way. This team did not deserve a 3rd last finish. Now, however, the team is even worse. For the long term success of the Canadiens, playing this season is imperative. The last lockout's 3,2,1 Ball system for the draft would royally screw us out of a top 10 pick.
There's a big difference between "deserving to" and "not supposed to", 'cause we definitely deserved to.

And yeah, IMO we need to draft another high end prospect.

Old
11-26-2012, 03:23 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcal64 View Post
Kypreos asked Bill Daly about what would happen with the draft if the season got cancelled, Daly answered he hadn't given it any thought, so at this point anything is possible for the order for the draft.

But I find it unlikely that everyone gets the same odds, ridiculous to think that LA can wind up with the 1st pick overall when their Stanley Cup team is pretty much returning intact.
Columbus got LA's pick.

Old
11-26-2012, 03:23 PM
AJMHABS
On to Round 2!! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
This.

The lockout is going to screw us bigtime, I'm afraid. If there is a season this year, then we still have a good chance at a top-10 pick. If the lockout persists, then we literally have to pray for the lottery to go our way and get a top 10 pick.

Old
11-26-2012, 03:25 PM
AJMHABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Columbus got LA's pick.
But I think his point is still valid, in that even a SC conteder can get the first overall pick when they don't need it as much as compared to a team like Colombus.

Old
11-26-2012, 03:28 PM
AJMHABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcal64 View Post

TBH I hope they just decide to go with the 2011-2012 standings for the draft order. So basically it would be:

1st-Colombus
2nd-Edmonton
3rd-Montreal
4th-NY Islanders
5th-Toronto
etc.

Old
11-26-2012, 03:29 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Gaines View Post
There's a big difference between "deserving to" and "not supposed to", 'cause we definitely deserved to.

And yeah, IMO we need to draft another high end prospect.
There is a big difference, but you're wrong that we deserved that pick, because we didn't. Take a look at the goal differentials for last year and tell me there were only 2 teams worse than the Habs. More like 5-6 if not more.

Closed Thread