HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buffalo Bills: Offseason (6-10; Gailey and staff fired, Brandon now President)

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2012, 04:28 PM
Taro Tsujimoto
2 Sam(my)s, 1 avatar

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
Buffalo Bills: Offseason (6-10; Gailey and staff fired, Brandon now President)

Last thread hit 1,000 posts, so here you go.

On the bright side, we play Jacksonville next weekend.

Last edited by Taro Tsujimoto: 12-16-2012 at 11:26 PM.
Old
11-26-2012, 05:02 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taro Tsujimoto View Post

Jacksonville will tear our secondary apart if they play like they have the past two weeks... I see no bright side.

Old
11-26-2012, 05:36 PM
McTank

Dont even care if we win but I wanna see spiller have a big week

Old
11-26-2012, 05:46 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
Jacksonville will tear our secondary apart if they play like they have the past two weeks... I see no bright side.
Is Gabbert still injured or is he "injured"?

Old
11-26-2012, 07:14 PM
is the answer jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
Higher draft pick?

Old
11-27-2012, 05:58 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyH3aven View Post
Is Gabbert still injured or is he "injured"?
He is on IR with hurt feelings. Done for the year, and likely done as a Jaguar

Old
11-27-2012, 10:23 AM
kirby11

Quote:
Originally Posted by is the answer jesus View Post
Higher draft pick?
I actually wouldn't mind that with nix drafting...so far he's picked pretty well. We really need to grab a LB and CB early, then grab someone who can hopefully be a competent #2 WR.

Old
11-27-2012, 12:13 PM
enrothorne
A DJ saved my life

Send a message via AIM to enrothorne
The Jaguars have been playing very well the past two weeks. And they haven't exactly rolled over very often this year either. Taking them lightly would be a big mistake. Chad Henne is likely to start for Jacksonville and he's been doing better than he ever did for any previous team.

Side note: I was at the very first ever game for Jacksonville (vs Houston). There was clamor back then that the franchise wasn't too keen on the nickname of "Jags." Hasn't really stopped people from using it but that's how they felt.

Old
11-27-2012, 01:45 PM
is the answer jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirby11 View Post
I actually wouldn't mind that with nix drafting...so far he's picked pretty well. We really need to grab a LB and CB early, then grab someone who can hopefully be a competent #2 WR.
Yeah Nix has done a pretty decent job drafting thus far at least in the 1st round. I think when the draft rolls around they should look at QB and LB. It looks to me like Geno Smith will likely go to the chiefs before we even pick so he won't be an option. That leaves Barkley as the only guy that could be considered with an early 1st rounder. Looking over the LB's there's Jarvis Jones, and Manti T'eo both of whom are fantastic prospects. If I'm Nix I'm already starting to do my homework on these guys so I'm absolutely certain who I want to pick when draft day rolls around. At this point I'd prefer T'eo and Jones over Barkley, but a lot can still change from now until the draft.

Old
11-27-2012, 03:12 PM
VaporTrail
Registered Tanker

Well looks like the Niners are going with Kaepernick at qb....If he succeeds who else would like to see the Bills go after Alex Smith ?

I think he would be a great fit for Buffalo...We could be a run-first team with Jackson and Spiller....All Smith would have to do is be a game manager which he is great at...

Old
11-27-2012, 03:15 PM
VaporTrail
Registered Tanker

I also would like...scratch that.....LOVE for the Bills to get Manti Te'o....This is a true leader who we could build the rest of the defense around....IMO, a great defense starts with a great LB or a great DE......This would be huge if we could get him.....

Is he a senior right now ??

Old
11-27-2012, 03:17 PM
buffswords

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporTrail View Post
I also would like...scratch that.....LOVE for the Bills to get Manti Te'o....This is a true leader who we could build the rest of the defense around....IMO, a great defense starts with a great LB or a great DE......This would be huge if we could get him.....

Is he a senior right now ??
Yes, and most of the latest mock drafts have us picking him.

Old
11-27-2012, 03:20 PM
VaporTrail
Registered Tanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffswords View Post
Yes, and most of the latest mock drafts have us picking him.
Ohhhh man.....Things might finally turn for this franchise if we could get him !

I just found this mock draft where the Bills land him.
http://www.drafttek.com/2013-nfl-mock-draft-round1.asp

However, here is another where we miss him !

http://walterfootball.com/draft2013.php

Old
11-27-2012, 03:31 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

LOL, don't get the hopes up. Not sure if he will be a good NFL player or not. I mean before this year he seemed like a guy that was never mentioned about despite attending the Dallas Cowboys of the NCAA school. You think he would have been talked about more before October.

Old
11-27-2012, 03:33 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taro Tsujimoto View Post

Two weeks ago it was a bright side, but man who supplied Henne with his career changing roids??

Old
11-27-2012, 03:40 PM
buffswords

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Triple Threat View Post
LOL, don't get the hopes up. Not sure if he will be a good NFL player or not. I mean before this year he seemed like a guy that was never mentioned about despite attending the Dallas Cowboys of the NCAA school. You think he would have been talked about more before October.
That's because Notre Dame wasn't the best team in the country. If he went to a place like Alabama or LSU, I guarantee you that everyone would have heard of him. He is a four year starter who has led Notre Dame in tackes all four years. He is also in second place in the FBS in interceptions. He will be a good player.

Old
11-27-2012, 04:33 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

I admit I don'rt watch ND, I hate them too much to watch and even root for the other team. For the first time ever I think i'm boycotting the Title Game(especially if its Bama) I'm so ready for the Playoff and this year just confirms how badly it's needed. Perhaps you're right on the SEC but the football outside of it isn't that good and asisde from the Big 12 and a couple Pac 12 teams offenses stink. Could he have led the team in tackes had they faced a few offensive juggernauts? The NFL is an offensive driven league, it will be interesting to see if he could lead his team in tackles.

Old
11-27-2012, 04:34 PM
SFTC Addict
Not Here To Be Liked

This is interesting, Jason Babin released by the Eagles:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ce=twitterfeed

Get rid of Mark Anderson and sign this guy! 36 sacks since 2010!

Old
11-27-2012, 05:01 PM
kirby11

Quote:
Yeah Nix has done a pretty decent job drafting thus far at least in the 1st round. I think when the draft rolls around they should look at QB and LB. It looks to me like Geno Smith will likely go to the chiefs before we even pick so he won't be an option. That leaves Barkley as the only guy that could be considered with an early 1st rounder. Looking over the LB's there's Jarvis Jones, and Manti T'eo both of whom are fantastic prospects. If I'm Nix I'm already starting to do my homework on these guys so I'm absolutely certain who I want to pick when draft day rolls around. At this point I'd prefer T'eo and Jones over Barkley, but a lot can still change from now until the draft.
The only way i'd take a qb early is if he's a can't miss, andrew luck/RG3 type. I don't want to pick the next coming of jp losman, build a solid team around him, and watch it fail because the qb sucks. In all honesty if chan wasn't a complete idiot with his offensive playcalling fitz would be fine in this offense. Just use the ground game, try to keep him only throwing 25-30 times a game, rely on the d to play like they have been the past few games.

Old
11-27-2012, 07:39 PM
is the answer jesus

Quote:
The only way i'd take a qb early is if he's a can't miss, andrew luck/RG3 type. I don't want to pick the next coming of jp losman, build a solid team around him, and watch it fail because the qb sucks. In all honesty if chan wasn't a complete idiot with his offensive playcalling fitz would be fine in this offense. Just use the ground game, try to keep him only throwing 25-30 times a game, rely on the d to play like they have been the past few games.
The RG3/Luck type quarterbacks are few and far between, last year's draft will probably go down as one of the best ever for qb's. With Losman he was a late first round pick and many thought it was a reach where we drafted him. This year we should be looking at a top 10 pick so we may have our chance to get a qb from the top tier of qb's in this draft. With that said, this year's crop of qb's has some decent depth, but lacks some really elite top end talent. I have Smith and Barkley in the top tier of qb's which is why I'd consider one of them with our first pick. Ideally I'd like to see something like T'eo in the 1st round and a guy like Landry Jones in the 2nd. It gives you an impact guy on defense and gets you your qb of the future.

Old
11-27-2012, 08:31 PM
kirby11

Quote:
The RG3/Luck type quarterbacks are few and far between, last year's draft will probably go down as one of the best ever for qb's. With Losman he was a late first round pick and many thought it was a reach where we drafted him. This year we should be looking at a top 10 pick so we may have our chance to get a qb from the top tier of qb's in this draft. With that said, this year's crop of qb's has some decent depth, but lacks some really elite top end talent. I have Smith and Barkley in the top tier of qb's which is why I'd consider one of them with our first pick. Ideally I'd like to see something like T'eo in the 1st round and a guy like Landry Jones in the 2nd. It gives you an impact guy on defense and gets you your qb of the future.
That's more what I meant when I referred to luck/rg3, should have been clearer. I don't want to reach for a qb just in the first round just because he's there and we need one...that seems to be what happened with gabbert and ponder

Last edited by kirby11: 11-27-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old
11-27-2012, 08:51 PM
is the answer jesus

Quote:
That's more what I meant when I referred to luck/rg3, should have been clearer. I don't want to reach for a qb just in the first round just because he's there and we need one...that seems to be what happened with gabbert and ponder
Fair enough. My sentiments exactly.

Old
11-27-2012, 10:09 PM
johnjm22

I don't want to use a 1st round pick on any of the available QB's.

Old
11-27-2012, 11:27 PM
dma0034

I'd take Geno Smith anywhere in the 1st round. If Barkley is available after 15 you take him. Te'o should be the draft target for this team.

In order this team needs:

LBs
WR
CB
QB

This is the draft were you draft the position you need not the best available.

Old
11-27-2012, 11:56 PM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

The Bills will win 7-8 games to miss the playoffs but totally screw their draft position.Look for us to draft a CB from the SEC or a RB.We got no shot at Manti.

I'd take Geno Smith or Matt Barkley with our 1st.Or a WR if we were able to get a QB (Possibly Vick or Rivers) in the off-season prior to the draft.

Closed Thread