HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Sending a message to Rogers

Old
11-26-2012, 06:36 AM
Yosho
Logic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
as a rogers customer, sens fan, and jays fan:
rogers treatment of the jays on tv and in media has been better than pretty much any network's treatment of any sport in canada.

give them time to figure out what they're doing with MLSE, especially the marlies and raptors. If they're half as good as they've been with the jays, you'll be happy.
The Jays are the only team nation-wide in their league. It's pretty easy to focus attention on them.

However, I do agree. They cover the Jays VERY well - television and radio.

Yosho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 07:06 AM
Sundinisagod
the best

I'm sure there is a logical explanation.

My guess is that ML$E is holding out televising games fearing that it would hurt ticket sales?

One way or another, Leafs tv is just another slap in the face to it's fanbase.

Sundinisagod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 11:03 AM
showtime8

Leafs TV and Rogers10 are only available in the Toronto region. And by region, I mean a solid part of southern Ontario.

Now this means a couple of things.

1. Why would (LeafsTV) want to spend to get the rights and show an AHL game if its only going to be available for about 5 million people? You then have to take into account what time these games are on at. At 1pm on a saturday, there are a lot of people running around getting things done that they couldn't throughout the week. So you are cutting that number in half, by people being busy, not being sports fans in general, or really watching something else.

2. LeafsTV is a subscriber only station. And again, if you are not in the region, you aren't going to be seeing the game anyways. You know what one of their strategies might be? Trying to get people to come to the games.

So really, LeafsTV doesn't really care if you want the game or not. They've already got your money coming to them monthly for the subscription and if you want to cancel that, you are paying on top of it. The best you could hope for is a Sportsnet covering the AHL, trying to draw a larger fanbase.

showtime8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 11:29 AM
-DeMo-

Send a message via MSN to -DeMo-
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
Rogers 10 showed several Marlies games last year. NO excuse for not doing this year. It gave several people experience that they would otherwise not have.

I knew a girl who's work hours for college where done doing sound for Marlies games on Rogers 10 and that goes back before the lockout. Why after 10 years did they stop?

There is something screwy as to why the games aren't shown live.
I'm paying for my LeafsTV I want Marlies games. If you can pay 4 guys to do the Leafs POV show you can pay them to call an AHL game.

Sportsnet showed an AHL game last night and it wasn't even Toronto.

Hell the teams were's even Canadian. Chicago and Milwaukee.

IT sucks and all I am saying is let them know.

Call them, email them, twitter, text do whatever but let's let Rogers(and Bell) know we want Marlies on Live TV.

Hell I got a $50 rebate for complaining, surely that is some incentive.
sporting events all have contracting rights someone must own the right to them this season not allowing Rogers/LeafsTV to broadcast the games. Rogers cannot just up and break that contract to show games on there own channel now that the leafs are not playing it doesn't work like that.

also if Rogers has already committed to broadcasting other shows during marlies game times they also cannot just break those deals ethier and show something else.

the contract for Marlies games would have been signed long before the season was started and before people knew there was gonna be a lockout. it wont change now just because the leafs are locked out.

-DeMo- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 11:31 AM
Kessley Snipes

Quote:

So sad.

Where have all the activists gone?

Everyone so willing to sit back and accept what someone else says is all you deserve.

OK, Like he says, Move along.
What is sad is that you believe you have a right to have access to something. You elected to subscribe to a cable package and you elect to make payments to fulfill and honour that contract. There is nothing in that contract that says they need to dictate their programming to appease you; because you already agreed to abide by their terms when you signed up.

You use the term 'activist' when I dont think you have a good grasp of what it actually entails. If you have a problem with your provider or the content they choose to fill their air time with then you as a consumer have every right to not select them the next time you are in need of a contract. You made your decision, and it was clearly uninformed because you should have been fully aware of what you were subscribing to when you signed your agreement.

Kessley Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 11:47 AM
Leafsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post
I'm sure there is a logical explanation.

My guess is that ML$E is holding out televising games fearing that it would hurt ticket sales?

One way or another, Leafs tv is just another slap in the face to it's fanbase.
Or AHL live owns the broadcasting rights to most games? I'm not sure how it works but Marlies games can be viewed. Just gotta but AHL live or find a stream. Not the best broadcasting but if they own the rights and are unwilling to give them up?

Leafsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 11:52 AM
colchar

Quote:
I am getting progressively more pissed off with every Marlies game I miss because rogers fails to put it on TV. If they do put it on it is taped delayed by 3hrs. What's up with that?
They are trying to ensure that tickets are sold along the same lines as local blackouts for games in some leagues.

And how, exactly, is it Rogers' fault? Are they determining broadcast times for Leafs TV? The games were delayed last year as well so this is hardly a new development (ie. it was happening before Rogers had anything to do with the Leafs).

colchar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 11:57 AM
colchar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruski View Post
Once every year or two, i would call in and get some credits applied so that my bill wouldn't be $200 just for TV (by the time you get 2 HD boxes, HD specialty packs and sports packs) its $200+.

I have every channel they offer with the exception of some ethnic ones that are of no interest to me and I also have two HD boxes. In addition I have internet, home phone, and my cell phone through them. My total bill is $200 each month ($203 to be exact) for all of those services so I am not sure what you are doing wrong.

Maybe you need me to call in and negotiate your Rogers package for you!

Old
11-26-2012, 12:00 PM
Brymas McCaberle

Life without Rogers = Good life.

Switch to any alternate possible, unless it's Bell.

Wind / Public / Mobilicity for mobile, Teksavvy / Acanac for internet, ditch cable and stream everything over internet.

Brymas McCaberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 12:03 PM
colchar

Quote:
Originally Posted by blader258 View Post
Seems like the op is just going to reply with "NO excuse" to every logical answer that contradicts his argument. Move along guys. This thread sucks
Yeah and he is waaay too worked up over this.

Old
11-26-2012, 12:52 PM
smitty10

Quote:
Originally Posted by colchar View Post
Yeah and he is waaay too worked up over this.
Well he thinks that it's his right to demand certain programs be broadcast by a privately owned company that he CHOSE to sign a contract with, regardless of the contracts that Rogers/Marlies/AHL/everyone else has in place.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 12:55 PM
ACC1224
Burke was right.

Welcome to the Grown Up World where you won't always get your way, no matter how much you cry.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 01:02 PM
colchar

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty10 View Post
Well he thinks that it's his right to demand certain programs be broadcast by a privately owned company that he CHOSE to sign a contract with, regardless of the contracts that Rogers/Marlies/AHL/everyone else has in place.
Good point.

Old
11-26-2012, 02:33 PM
Sundinisagod
the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
Welcome to the Maple Leaf fan's World where you won't ever get your way, no matter how much you cry.
fixed for accuracy

Sundinisagod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 06:12 PM
charliolemieux
No Lu-wiki Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DeMo- View Post
sporting events all have contracting rights someone must own the right to them this season not allowing Rogers/LeafsTV to broadcast the games. Rogers cannot just up and break that contract to show games on there own channel now that the leafs are not playing it doesn't work like that.

also if Rogers has already committed to broadcasting other shows during marlies game times they also cannot just break those deals ethier and show something else.

the contract for Marlies games would have been signed long before the season was started and before people knew there was gonna be a lockout. it wont change now just because the leafs are locked out.
For the 10th time. The games were shown LIVE on both LEafs TV and Rogers 10 last year. There were getting shown on Rogers 10 10years ago when I was going to school.

So committing to re-runs of content they own is stopping them from Showing Marlies games?

I think that is BS. Funny how CBC ditched everything to show Crosby's comeback game. They didn't seem to mind breaking a commitment then. If one station can do it no reason why others can't.

I am not asking for changes, I want the same damn thing there was last year. Which was Marlies games on Rogers 10 and LEafs TV.

charliolemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 06:16 PM
charliolemieux
No Lu-wiki Zone

Quote:
What is sad is that you believe you have a right to have access to something. You elected to subscribe to a cable package and you elect to make payments to fulfill and honour that contract. There is nothing in that contract that says they need to dictate their programming to appease you; because you already agreed to abide by their terms when you signed up.

You use the term 'activist' when I dont think you have a good grasp of what it actually entails. If you have a problem with your provider or the content they choose to fill their air time with then you as a consumer have every right to not select them the next time you are in need of a contract. You made your decision, and it was clearly uninformed because you should have been fully aware of what you were subscribing to when you signed your agreement.
When I signed the contract, (two years ago) there were Marlies games being shown on Leafs TV and Rogers 10.

How many times do I need to repeat that? I am not asking for anything new.

I even told you guys you could save $50 by complaining and that went over everyone's head.

Such apathy.

Old
11-26-2012, 06:18 PM
charliolemieux
No Lu-wiki Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
Welcome to the Grown Up World where you won't always get your way, no matter how much you cry.
Seriously? Dude you have no idea.

Old
11-26-2012, 06:20 PM
Raym11
Phaneuf sucks

Leafs TV should broadcast every Marlies game that they can.

What the hell is even on Leafs Tv? Re Runs of games from 40 years ago?

Think about it, during the season, we all cringe everytime we see that a leafs game is being shown on LeafsTV, so why the hell would they think we want to keep watching the channel for that? I'd watch subpar presentation and layout as well as production for a hockey game, but only if it was the Marlies.

There's no excuse to NOT have more Marlies games on LeafsTV unless its something to do with rights. Does anyone know?

Raym11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 06:35 PM
Kessley Snipes

Quote:
When I signed the contract, (two years ago) there were Marlies games being shown on Leafs TV and Rogers 10.

How many times do I need to repeat that? I am not asking for anything new.

I even told you guys you could save $50 by complaining and that went over everyone's head.

Such apathy.
Again, you use the word "apathy" but I dont think you actually know what it means or how to apply it. Apathy results from a lack of interest, enthusiasm or concern. If any apathy exists it is towards you and your issue with your cable provider.

Nobody held a gun to your head and told you to sign up for a cable package.

Old
11-26-2012, 06:35 PM
Kessley Snipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raym11 View Post

Think about it, during the season, we all cringe everytime we see that a leafs game is being shown on LeafsTV, so why the hell would they think we want to keep watching the channel for that? I'd watch subpar presentation and layout as well as production for a hockey game, but only if it was the Marlies.

There's no excuse to NOT have more Marlies games on LeafsTV unless its something to do with rights. Does anyone know?
the only excuse is that there arent any companies that want to advertise.

Old
11-26-2012, 06:36 PM
charliolemieux
No Lu-wiki Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raym11 View Post

ONly home games have anything and it flips between SN1, LeafsTV and Rogers tv.

There is only one game showing any type of coverage after Dec 21.

Old
11-26-2012, 06:40 PM
charliolemieux
No Lu-wiki Zone

Quote:
Again, you use the word "apathy" but I dont think you actually know what it means or how to apply it. Apathy results from a lack of interest, enthusiasm or concern. If any apathy exists it is towards you and your issue with your cable provider.

Nobody held a gun to your head and told you to sign up for a cable package.
I can't see how this is hard for you to understand?

Yes Apathy. Lack of interest. Yet you still post. Post about your apathy towards what I am talking about. Are we going in circles yet?

For the 11th time When I signed the contract the games were televised. Really....

Old
11-26-2012, 06:41 PM
charliolemieux
No Lu-wiki Zone

Quote:
the only excuse is that there arent any companies that want to advertise.
They would rather advertise during a replay of the 1986 playoff series?

That was repeated like 10x too.

Old
11-26-2012, 06:52 PM
Kessley Snipes

Quote:
I can't see how this is hard for you to understand?

Yes Apathy. Lack of interest. Yet you still post. Post about your apathy towards what I am talking about. Are we going in circles yet?

For the 11th time When I signed the contract the games were televised. Really....
Im not surprised why you can't see how hard it is for me to understand. Simple minds I suppose.

Your contract was not contingent on them showing Marlies games. Your content was for the channel and it's content was irrelevant of anything you agreed to.

Old
11-26-2012, 06:54 PM
Kessley Snipes

Quote:
They would rather advertise during a replay of the 1986 playoff series?

That was repeated like 10x too.
If there was a financially viable market, believe me, Rogers would be all over it.