HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2012, 02:37 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMHABS View Post
Any of the top forwards (Barkov, Monahan, Lindholm, Drouin, Shinkaruk) in this year's draft would make me extremely happy, especially if we land Mackinnon. Even adding a dman of the caliber of Seth Jones, Rasmus Ristolainen, or Ryan Pulock would be great.
This.

It really seems to be an excellent group of 8 at the top. Last year Carolina was .500 and got the 8th pick, so we are not talking about needing to be horrid here.

In the next tier you have some real good players, but all of them have a wart or two: Lazar (not producing much offence in the WHL), Morrissey (seems more like a good 2nd pairing guy than top pair), Shinkaruk (small and late '94), Erne (great fit, but probably not a top line guy in the show), the Russian kid (too risky, no thanks), Burakovsky (small), Domi (small), Fucale (goalie, gotta wait for 3+ years), Rychel (not a great season, seems inconsistent), Duclair (hockey sense?), Nurse and Zadorov (big, but a bit raw), etc.

Old
11-26-2012, 05:09 PM
LeHabsMan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
This.

It really seems to be an excellent group of 8 at the top. Last year Carolina was .500 and got the 8th pick, so we are not talking about needing to be horrid here.

In the next tier you have some real good players, but all of them have a wart or two: Lazar (not producing much offence in the WHL), Morrissey (seems more like a good 2nd pairing guy than top pair), Shinkaruk (small and late '94), Erne (great fit, but probably not a top line guy in the show), the Russian kid (too risky, no thanks), Burakovsky (small), Domi (small), Fucale (goalie, gotta wait for 3+ years), Rychel (not a great season, seems inconsistent), Duclair (hockey sense?), Nurse and Zadorov (big, but a bit raw), etc.
The bolded part.

Burakovsky is 6"1, 176 pounds. He may be a bit light but not small.
A player like Zadorov or Nurse would be a great pick at around #20. Yes they are raw but they have potential and are huge. Good 2nd pairing D-men.

Old
11-26-2012, 05:16 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Well that means he was outplaying Ben Duffy, one of the best players in the league last year.
Yeah, in the games in Halifax (small sample size) he looked more noticeable/I could see the skill and potential.... That's not to say he'd score more points than duffy this year if healthy though.

Old
11-26-2012, 05:18 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
Yeah, in the games in Halifax (small sample size) he looked more noticeable/I could see the skill and potential.... That's not to say he'd score more points than duffy this year if healthy though.
Of course not.

Duffy is 2 years older too anyway

Old
11-26-2012, 05:34 PM
AJMHABS
On to Round 2!! :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup View Post
The bolded part.

A player like Zadorov or Nurse would be a great pick at around #20. Yes they are raw but they have potential and are huge. Good 2nd pairing D-men.
Zadorov and Nurse would definetly make our Dman depth stronger and would be great picks at 15-25.

Old
11-26-2012, 05:47 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4TheCup View Post
The bolded part.

Wow, for some reason I always had him pegged at 5'10'' or something close to that. Should have I checked.

He hasn't done much offensively in the Allsvenskan would be the ''wart'' then.

Old
11-26-2012, 06:03 PM
AJMHABS

Quote:
Wow, for some reason I always had him pegged at 5'10'' or something close to that. Should have I checked.

He hasn't done much offensively in the Allsvenskan would be the ''wart'' then.
Like Forsberg and Collberg last year?

Old
11-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Marc the Habs Fan

Quote:
Like Forsberg and Collberg last year?
Worse than Forsberg in the Allsvenskan last year (Collberg did not play in that league last year). 1 goal and 3 assists in 19 games so far. Last year Forsberg had 17 points in 43 games but was also a half year younger than Burakovsky is.

Old
11-26-2012, 06:44 PM
AJMHABS

Quote:
Worse than Forsberg in the Allsvenskan last year (Collberg did not play in that league last year). 1 goal and 3 assists in 19 games so far. Last year Forsberg had 17 points in 43 games but was also a half year younger than Burakovsky is.
Still I wouldn't consider it a massive problem yet as he has done well at the international tournaments a la Collberg.

And you're right, Collberg was playing in Frolunda (SEL), my bad.

Last edited by AJMHABS: 11-26-2012 at 07:25 PM.
Old
11-26-2012, 07:20 PM
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHab View Post
I want Barkov on our team.. Make it happen Bergevin
I want Barkov and Gally dominating the ice for 45 minutes a game for the next 10-15 years.

Old
11-26-2012, 07:21 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVO16 View Post
I want Barkov and Gally dominating the ice for 45 minutes a game for the next 10-15 years.
Drool.

Old
11-26-2012, 07:25 PM
AJMHABS

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Drool.
Dream come true. We basically become the new Pittsburgh.

Old
11-26-2012, 08:22 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunosevigny View Post
Those 3 are extremely interesting prospects that we seems to evaluate all in a different way. I do prefer Carrier over Mantha and Gauthier. Really like is fearless game, going through traffic every time he gets the chance. Mantha is really gifted with a rock solid shot. Gauthier will be a monster that can actually skate and with a decent offensive upside. Really like these 3 prospects. Should all go between 20-45. Duclair and Zykov might fit in that range too, great year for the Q prospects.
Quote:
Agreed. We can even move higher in the 1st rounder if we wanted to because of 3 2nd round picks. I'm sure we can even move up in the Top 10 if we found a team to swap with.
Carrier is my pick for 15th as well it would be nice to move up into the top five,depending where the Habs finish.If they are out of the playoffs then they could trade for more late 1st round picks.Gionta,Markov and Plekanec are the players that could get interest,in which case a package of our pick and two more late 1st picks could be enough.Really the Habs could get a good player anywhere in the top 15 though.Trading the best two-way center in the league(Plekanec)is going backwards not forwards,Tomas is the best #2 center behind Galchenyuk in a couple of seasons.When we look back at this draft staying put with the picks we have could be the best move and that's what I hope Bergevin does unless a team makes an offer he can't refuse.

Old
11-26-2012, 08:51 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
I too want Stanley Cups !

Old
11-26-2012, 10:49 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Carrier is my pick for 15th as well it would be nice to move up into the top five,depending where the Habs finish.If they are out of the playoffs then they could trade for more late 1st round picks.Gionta,Markov and Plekanec are the players that could get interest,in which case a package of our pick and two more late 1st picks could be enough.Really the Habs could get a good player anywhere in the top 15 though.Trading the best two-way center in the league(Plekanec)is going backwards not forwards,Tomas is the best #2 center behind Galchenyuk in a couple of seasons.When we look back at this draft staying put with the picks we have could be the best move and that's what I hope Bergevin does unless a team makes an offer he can't refuse.
I feel Carrier doesn't have the offensive upside to be a guy you pick around 15 in such a draft. I'd like to see us snag him with a 2nd round pick.

Old
11-26-2012, 11:03 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Dream come true. We basically become the new Pittsburgh.
Well, Crosby and Malkin are generational talents but a tandem of Galchenyuk, Barkov and one of Plekanec and Eller as a luxury "3rd" liner does have certain parallels....

Old
11-26-2012, 11:09 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Give me one of Monahan, MacKinnon, Jones, Pulock, Barkov, Erne, Martin or Drouin and I am happy.

Old
11-26-2012, 11:12 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
Give me one of Monahan, MacKinnon, Jones, Pulock, Barkov, Erne, Martin or Drouin and I am happy.
No Lindholm or Riskolainen?

Old
11-26-2012, 11:15 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

I really hope the season can be saved and the Habs can have a mini tank and get themselves a top 10 pick. I don't think a lottery would do us much good at all...

Old
11-26-2012, 11:24 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
Carrier is my pick for 15th as well it would be nice to move up into the top five,depending where the Habs finish.If they are out of the playoffs then they could trade for more late 1st round picks.Gionta,Markov and Plekanec are the players that could get interest,in which case a package of our pick and two more late 1st picks could be enough.Really the Habs could get a good player anywhere in the top 15 though.
Actually I think Mantha will be the better player.

Old
11-26-2012, 11:39 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
I really hope the season can be saved and the Habs can have a mini tank and get themselves a top 10 pick. I don't think a lottery would do us much good at all...
Knowing the luck this franchise has had lately, we are going to draft 28th or something and the Leafs and Bruins will go 1 and 2.

Old
11-26-2012, 11:58 PM
AJMHABS

Quote:
Well, Crosby and Malkin are generational talents but a tandem of Galchenyuk, Barkov and one of Plekanec and Eller as a luxury "3rd" liner does have certain parallels....
I get that and understand that Gally and Barkov probably wont be close to Crosby and Malkin, but I was referring more to the idea that the Penquins molded their team, with 3 fantastic centres.

Old
11-27-2012, 12:40 AM
reffree

Quote:
Knowing the luck this franchise has had lately, we are going to draft 28th or something and the Leafs and Bruins will go 1 and 2.
Well it would be a total reverse of the result of the 2005 lottery then

Old
11-27-2012, 12:58 AM
AJMHABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by reffree View Post
Well it would be a total reverse of the result of the 2005 lottery then
I still hope they can land a top 5 pick again if there is no season. May be wishful thinking, but who knows.

Old
11-27-2012, 06:53 AM
Dirty Danglez
Take it like a Man

The habs wouldn't even have to try to tank... it would just happen. I could handle another 4 months of the habs sucking no problem! If it would mean getting in the top 5.

If not... I see us picking in the 11-18 range. We do, however, have 3 2nd round picks. Could probably spare one to move up in the draft!

Closed Thread