HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

NHL 13 HUT Thread (Both Systems) - Part 8

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-25-2012, 09:12 PM
  #201
Dylonus
Registered User
 
Dylonus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 10,328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredCowenFan View Post
I need 6 Oilers and 1 Sens Change Team cards, anyone have any?
PS3 or 360?

Dylonus is offline  
Old
11-25-2012, 09:31 PM
  #202
PhlyerPhanatic
Moderator
Straight Shooter
 
PhlyerPhanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The BUD 309A19
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CIROfresh View Post
Played the kid last night with that SUPERSTACKED team.. he used to have the redbull logo.. but he's changed it now..

Crosby, Malkin, Ovi, Datsyuk, sotw Karlson, Miller.. the whole team skated so fast..

i jus happen to have my B team playing and beat the kid 2-0

that would suck millions worth of players, and you still cant score on Dubnyk!
Hahaha..I rocked that kid too last week..before I deleted and built my new team. Got him 1-0 on a crap goal...but felt good to beat that team with my team that had Mason Raymond as my top player at the time.

PhlyerPhanatic is offline  
Old
11-25-2012, 10:26 PM
  #203
JaredCowenFan
BROOCCKK LESNAR
 
JaredCowenFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,574
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylonus View Post
ps3 or 360?
ps3.

JaredCowenFan is offline  
Old
11-25-2012, 10:28 PM
  #204
GodTukka*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,612
vCash: 500
You could have a team full of legends and it means squat if you can't match high players with high skill.

Which is why i built my team to be solid (5 stars yes, but probably on the lower scale of 5 star teams, posted in the topic here) and i have no need for guys like Crosby, Ovie, etc

Honestly i've gotten crushed by guys using teams full of scrubs more then i've lost to high powered teams

GodTukka* is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 01:11 AM
  #205
Jesh18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Surre, B.C
Posts: 61
vCash: 500
If anybody is willing to trade gaborik pm me im on ps3

Jesh18 is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 08:00 AM
  #206
PhlyerPhanatic
Moderator
Straight Shooter
 
PhlyerPhanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The BUD 309A19
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodTukka View Post

Honestly i've gotten crushed by guys using teams full of scrubs more then i've lost to high powered teams
Agreed

PhlyerPhanatic is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 08:07 AM
  #207
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 11,065
vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodTukka View Post
You could have a team full of legends and it means squat if you can't match high players with high skill.

Which is why i built my team to be solid (5 stars yes, but probably on the lower scale of 5 star teams, posted in the topic here) and i have no need for guys like Crosby, Ovie, etc

Honestly i've gotten crushed by guys using teams full of scrubs more then i've lost to high powered teams
While this tends to be more true during the offseason, the moment you try to go deep in the playoffs you'll be frustrated to no end. All it takes is two overstacked teams with users running preset goal moves during a 4-game stretch in the 2nd tier playoffs to ruin your night.

Trust me, I was one of those guys winning with scrubs teams at about the same rate I was with pretty solid teams (Chara, JJ, EJ, Myers, Burns, Jbow on defense just as an example) but when the playoffs came around I got absolutely thrashed by simple wristers, shortside goals and SOTW player onslaughts. It just takes the fun out of the game when you play and play but the postseason is impossible to even come close to going all the way in without a lot of luck and an expensive team.

Lonewolfe2015 is online now  
Old
11-26-2012, 09:50 AM
  #208
T_Cage
VP of Awesome
 
T_Cage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,767
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by great1 View Post
Don't those cards sell for 250 pucks?
Ruggiero's yeah, i see a lot of them go for 200-300

Hayley gets a little more, but usually 500 is enough for one on AH

T_Cage is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 09:55 AM
  #209
kamosko
Ginger Jesus
 
kamosko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Girouxsalem
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,444
vCash: 50
How do you swap players from your scratched roster into the lineup?

I always send them do the collection and swap from there but there must be a faster way right?

kamosko is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 10:00 AM
  #210
robis1221
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamosko View Post
How do you swap players from your scratched roster into the lineup?

I always send them do the collection and swap from there but there must be a faster way right?
Press X (Square on ps3) on the player you want to swap and then choose a player you want to swap him with.

robis1221 is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 10:13 AM
  #211
kamosko
Ginger Jesus
 
kamosko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Girouxsalem
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,444
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by robis1221 View Post
Press X (Square on ps3) on the player you want to swap and then choose a player you want to swap him with.
always tried Y or A on 360, thanks this always annoyed me a little lol

kamosko is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 10:51 AM
  #212
DoubleAAAA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
While this tends to be more true during the offseason, the moment you try to go deep in the playoffs you'll be frustrated to no end. All it takes is two overstacked teams with users running preset goal moves during a 4-game stretch in the 2nd tier playoffs to ruin your night.

Trust me, I was one of those guys winning with scrubs teams at about the same rate I was with pretty solid teams (Chara, JJ, EJ, Myers, Burns, Jbow on defense just as an example) but when the playoffs came around I got absolutely thrashed by simple wristers, shortside goals and SOTW player onslaughts. It just takes the fun out of the game when you play and play but the postseason is impossible to even come close to going all the way in without a lot of luck and an expensive team.
Played the #1 ranked guy this weekend ... all he did everytime down the ice was wrap around slapper ... scored every time.

Edit: well not every time my goalie saved about 50% ... and was one of those games where everytime you hit/poke check the guy he just keeps on skating at will.

DoubleAAAA is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 11:00 AM
  #213
DoubleAAAA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetterberg View Post
Just got Wickenheiser. How does she even get chemistry with other players? Her team is Canada. Do I need to change teams?
Got her and tacked on a BOS team change ... she's actually done quite well for me.

DoubleAAAA is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 11:05 AM
  #214
GodTukka*
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
While this tends to be more true during the offseason, the moment you try to go deep in the playoffs you'll be frustrated to no end. All it takes is two overstacked teams with users running preset goal moves during a 4-game stretch in the 2nd tier playoffs to ruin your night.

Trust me, I was one of those guys winning with scrubs teams at about the same rate I was with pretty solid teams (Chara, JJ, EJ, Myers, Burns, Jbow on defense just as an example) but when the playoffs came around I got absolutely thrashed by simple wristers, shortside goals and SOTW player onslaughts. It just takes the fun out of the game when you play and play but the postseason is impossible to even come close to going all the way in without a lot of luck and an expensive team.
I guess, i never even came close to sniffing the playoffs, mainly because i used to play HUT on and off, i was wondering how much it would take to get in

GodTukka* is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 11:16 AM
  #215
Latz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 203
vCash: 500
just dealt Couture, Kesler, Hall for Toews. the hall was a double. coutoure isnt even on my roster picked him up for 8 k

Latz is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 11:36 AM
  #216
The Nose
#FireHolland
 
The Nose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 6,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAAAA View Post
Played the #1 ranked guy this weekend ... all he did everytime down the ice was wrap around slapper ... scored every time.

Edit: well not every time my goalie saved about 50% ... and was one of those games where everytime you hit/poke check the guy he just keeps on skating at will.
Lol there are some games where literally no bounce will go your way.

The one problem I have with online games right now is the poke check from behind. Happens when I'm taking the puck out of the defensive end. I will avoid the forecheck but as I'm skating away, the forward who is directly behind me will poke check the puck off of my stick and literally right onto his. I don't know if anyone else has this problem but I can't stand it. It's like that Datsyuk steal against Nashville a few years back where he reached his stick way out and took it, if you don't get what I'm saying.

The Nose is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 12:31 PM
  #217
DoubleAAAA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13 HockeyTown 40 View Post
Lol there are some games where literally no bounce will go your way.

The one problem I have with online games right now is the poke check from behind. Happens when I'm taking the puck out of the defensive end. I will avoid the forecheck but as I'm skating away, the forward who is directly behind me will poke check the puck off of my stick and literally right onto his. I don't know if anyone else has this problem but I can't stand it. It's like that Datsyuk steal against Nashville a few years back where he reached his stick way out and took it, if you don't get what I'm saying.
Haven't had that one ... definitely some odd poke checks where they don't even come close but some how manage to steal the puck, or the old on a breakaway, d-man catches you from behind with a check that somehow sends you flying

DoubleAAAA is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 01:22 PM
  #218
Viller
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,044
vCash: 500
Dont even bother with these Cyber monday deals. I just got 4 of them (jumbo) and I get better **** off normal ones.

edit: you do get 2-3 more 80ov players but they give ya 7-8 80-83 overall. Nothing higher.


Last edited by Viller: 11-26-2012 at 01:28 PM.
Viller is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 01:57 PM
  #219
Vikingstad
**** the King
 
Vikingstad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,110
vCash: 500
I quit HUT like a month ago, sold all my players off bought backs got nothing, ended up with nothing left. Anyways im thinking about coming back just for occasional games, but instead of making my dream team like last time, im going to make a rookie/underrated team like I did in NHL 12.

my NHL 12 HUT roster was something along the lines of:

Dwight King- Tore Vikingstad- Kyle Palmieri
Jordan Caron- Adam Henrique- Kyle Beach
Marcus Foligno- Cory Emmerton- Nikita Filatov
Rob Klinkhammer- Andrei Loktionov - Luke Adam

Slava Voynov-Oliver Ekman Larsson
Brendan Smith- John Moore
Philip Larsen-Nikita Nikitin

Robin Lehner
Ben Bishop


That roster not only gave me an above .500 record, but I was well above it too. I would dominate my opposition just through my skill and creative plays (unlike the full burst speed and snipe method in this game). The best part was if I won, it felt great because I beat a person who had a clearly superior team to me, and if I lost it didnt feel bad at all, I would'nt get frustrated like I do in NHL 13 when my star players cant find the scoresheet due to some BS circumstances.

Only downfall is that this game doesnt have Tore Vikingstad....(He was my top point producer last year, an absolute beast).

EDIT: And no none of these guys had training cards on them.


Last edited by Vikingstad: 11-26-2012 at 01:58 PM. Reason: EDIT: And no none of these guys had training cards on them.
Vikingstad is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 04:35 PM
  #220
great1
Registered User
 
great1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Fergus, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 988
vCash: 500
Some of the stars of week for the upcoming week are... Thornton, Havlat, Grabner, Clutterbuck and Mueller.

Havlat and Grabner will each have 95 speed. I wish they weren't releasing the movember players all month, they should have switched it up and added other moustache players like Thomas and Alfredsson.

great1 is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 04:36 PM
  #221
AK46
Registered User
 
AK46's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Moncton, N.-B
Country: Canada
Posts: 153
vCash: 500
Looking to deal my Kari lehtonen sotw for Carey price on ps3. Anyone want to make a deal

AK46 is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 05:24 PM
  #222
ohnoeszz
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 920
vCash: 500
^Not sure why you would do that. Sotw Lehtonen is amazing. Huge, aggressive and calm. Plus the crowd chants Kari after great saves.

ohnoeszz is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 05:42 PM
  #223
CIROfresh
Registered User
 
CIROfresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Your Basement
Country: Hungary
Posts: 146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodTukka View Post
Honestly i've gotten crushed by guys using teams full of scrubs more then i've lost to high powered teams
Isnt that the truth.. But for the most part it's usually a good hockey game..

CIROfresh is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 06:55 PM
  #224
Engebretson
Another GopherClone
 
Engebretson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 6,148
vCash: 50
FINALLY got some good luck in a pack!

Pulled a Kesler, who I've been looking to center my 2nd line for awhile now. Replaced my current 2nd line Center, Bergeron and sent him to the trade pile. While checking current prices for Bergeron, I found one that just got put on 1 hour auction for 4K BIN. Now I have 2 Bergerons!

So, if anyone is looking to add Bergeron to their lineup (I did like him and he played well for me) let me know.

I'm on PS3.

Engebretson is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 08:11 PM
  #225
Harry Vee
Registered User
 
Harry Vee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viller View Post
Dont even bother with these Cyber monday deals. I just got 4 of them (jumbo) and I get better **** off normal ones.

edit: you do get 2-3 more 80ov players but they give ya 7-8 80-83 overall. Nothing higher.
I've opened 12 jumbo packs...aside from backes, best player was 83 ovr. My buddy got parise on his 1st jumbo. Such is life.

edit: 15 packs


Last edited by Harry Vee: 11-26-2012 at 09:55 PM.
Harry Vee is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.