HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

The Walking Dead: Season 3 (Part IV) Returns Feb. 10th

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2012, 06:05 PM
macleod50

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingintheNorth View Post
pretty sure Cutty from the wire was cast as Tyreese

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=42292

anyway, Between this and Boardwalks finale next week it's gonna be an epic action packed sunday
I'm happy to see that Lennie James will be back as well.

Old
11-26-2012, 06:11 PM
Megahab

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE RANDESKOGAH View Post
I really wonder who Carl was talking about when he said, " you have to leave her!"
The baby? Maybe there's a situation where they had to leave the baby on her own locked in a cell.

Old
11-26-2012, 06:29 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protest the Hero View Post
We were shown early in the season how good they are at working together to take out hordes of zombies, and they made a point to mention how there is no way a group of 10 could clear out that prison. That's how they are playing it up on the show.
Merle's opinion. Governor had not been there as far as we know. You are overstating all of this. They took the prison, yes. The also lost T-Dogg and Lori in the process. Herschel lost a leg and nearly died as well as Carol was left for dead. You really think the Governor's group would have had the same difficulties with this? They have better weapons and there are more effective fighters in that group.

Rick's group doesn't stand a chance in a stand up fight with the Governor's group. It really shouldn't play out that way.

Somebody mentioned Michonne looked impressed as the group worked together. She was watching the prisoner and my thought was she wasn't impressed at all. Of course, that's how she always looks.

Last edited by HawksFan74: 11-26-2012 at 06:34 PM.
Old
11-26-2012, 06:36 PM
Kitten Mittons

Yeah I hope they'll attack 28 Days Later style.

I still wonder what The Governor's vision is ... what exactly does he want for his little empire?

Old
11-26-2012, 06:41 PM
Brunomics

Anyone else notice that when the governor had the gun pointed at Maggie Merle gave Glenn the little no head shake as in not to tell him where the prison is?

Old
11-26-2012, 07:20 PM
Ser Woof
Pull the trigger

vCash: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
Yeah I hope they'll attack 28 Days Later style.

I still wonder what The Governor's vision is ... what exactly does he want for his little empire?
He sees himself as a messiah. Saving the world, saving humanity etc. Someone who will be remembered in the history books of future generations.

Last edited by Ser Woof: 11-26-2012 at 07:47 PM.
Old
11-26-2012, 07:43 PM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Merle's opinion. Governor had not been there as far as we know. You are overstating all of this. They took the prison, yes. The also lost T-Dogg and Lori in the process. Herschel lost a leg and nearly died as well as Carol was left for dead. You really think the Governor's group would have had the same difficulties with this? They have better weapons and there are more effective fighters in that group.

Rick's group doesn't stand a chance in a stand up fight with the Governor's group. It really shouldn't play out that way.

Somebody mentioned Michonne looked impressed as the group worked together. She was watching the prisoner and my thought was she wasn't impressed at all. Of course, that's how she always looks.
I'm just going off what the show has given us. We don't know there are better fighters in their group, Glenn escaped and killed a zombie while being duct tape to a chair, the writers were purposefully showing us what they're capable of. The guards of Woodbury shoot at zombies from a distance, and have probably been living a pretty easy life for a while.

I think Rick's group should handle the Governor's men like they do zombies. Try and separate them, use stealth and attack one by one. If they go in guns blazing its just poor writing imo.

Old
11-26-2012, 07:53 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

vCash: 966
Just finished watching the episode. I loved it, as always. The scientist guy reminds me way too much of Ben (from Lost) for some reason.

It was a great build-up to a (hopefully) very good mid-season finale.

Old
11-26-2012, 07:55 PM
Swedish Fish
CONQUERED

Didnt axel say he was going with them? rewatching the epispde i dont see him.

Old
11-26-2012, 08:01 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
I'm just going off what the show has given us. We don't know there are better fighters in their group, Glenn escaped and killed a zombie while being duct tape to a chair, the writers were purposefully showing us what they're capable of. The guards of Woodbury shoot at zombies from a distance, and have probably been living a pretty easy life for a while.

I think Rick's group should handle the Governor's men like they do zombies. Try and separate them, use stealth and attack one by one. If they go in guns blazing its just poor writing imo.
We saw the crew deal with the Zombies at the helicopter crash. They have been routinely catching them and doing whatever they please. Not everything has been from distance. They vastly out number Rick's group.

Old
11-26-2012, 08:06 PM
Megahab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Fish View Post
I haven't seen him in the last 2 episodes, where did he go?

Old
11-26-2012, 08:07 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Fish View Post
If you mean that white guy, then yeah, he did. So did the other farmer's daughter, but neither of them go...

The Governor's group can't do what Rick's group can because they're not battle tested.

I think the Governor eliminates other "Threats" because if people have a choice they'll choose to not be a part of his group. To him, there's his group of people and then the rest.

How does that Lumberjack survive there that long and have no idea there's a zombie apocalypse... It's remote and all, but with that many walkers outside he should have seen them before...

Old
11-26-2012, 08:18 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
If you mean that white guy, then yeah, he did. So did the other farmer's daughter, but neither of them go...

The Governor's group can't do what Rick's group can because they're not battle tested.

I think the Governor eliminates other "Threats" because if people have a choice they'll choose to not be a part of his group. To him, there's his group of people and then the rest.

How does that Lumberjack survive there that long and have no idea there's a zombie apocalypse... It's remote and all, but with that many walkers outside he should have seen them before...
he's crazy. He's living with his dead dog.

I still question how someone in that state was able to survive so long. It's possible i guess he was just living off the land and hadnt actually encountered the walkers until rick et al drew them to the cabin, but guys like that would probably be covering a large area of the forest every day looking for food, so it's not really plausible.

11-26-2012, 08:23 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
Anyone else notice that when the governor had the gun pointed at Maggie Merle gave Glenn the little no head shake as in not to tell him where the prison is?
I noticed that as well. I wasn't sure if it was Merle being annoyed or fed up with Glenn for not breaking, or if it was to protect Daryl from seemingly inevitable death.

Old
11-26-2012, 08:25 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
he's crazy. He's living with his dead dog.

I still question how someone in that state was able to survive so long. It's possible i guess he was just living off the land and hadnt actually encountered the walkers until rick et al drew them to the cabin, but guys like that would probably be covering a large area of the forest every day looking for food, so it's not really plausible.
Not too mention to stock up for the winter time and how easy it would be to see all the foot prints from the walkers. If they're attracted to flesh blood, then even the animals he kills would attract them.

Old
11-26-2012, 08:46 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 2391
A few of the criticisms of the last thread:

Re. 'Why didn't Glenn and Maggie just lie and say they were at the farm or were separated from Rick's group?'

Merle already knew the farm was deserted courtesy Andrea.

Glenn had already told Merle they were still with Daryl. That means they know where Rick's group is hiding.

Re. Breaking Bad comparison

In my opinion, it's really, really a stretch to say Rick and Walter are following a similar developmental arc.

Walt's story is like a Greek tragedy; his ego is his hubris, it is insatiable and leads him to make increasingly worse moral decisions that plunge him further and further into a world that is hostile and foreign to him, all the while intensifying his misery.

Rick is a leader struggling to balance survival and his moral character. His transformation is not driven by an increasingly exposed character flaw. His development is actually the opposite of Walt's self-indulgence; it's more about his ability to set aside his self-reservations to ensure the survival of the group in a foreign, hostile environment that was forced on him (rather than created by his own actions).

Re. Daryl's never-ending supply of arrows.

I figure they go out fairly often for supplies, and it's entirely possible that Daryl simply scavenges for arrows then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge View Post
I don't like Andrea but you have to put yourself in her situation. You've been struggling with life for more than a year and you find a place where there are no walkers. The governor has always been nice to her and she has no way to know what happens being the scene. Michonne investigated because she's a survivor.

After more than a year fighing death and find yourself in what seems to be a paradise, I'm sure most of you would do exactly like her and think you've finally found a place to be happy and survive.

plus the governor is taking advantage of her needs for alcohol.
My gripe is that she was a human rights lawyer, so you'd figure she'd have some intuitive sense of whether someone is lying or being honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
Fantastic episode.

Just one hitch for me, and maybe I'm missing something... Merle & co. capture Maggie and Glen, who are clearly by themselves. Why would the Governor assume that their group is searching for Woodbury to rescue them? They think Michonne is dead, so the only person who might have been in the area to witness what went down, and who knows where Woodbury is, is a non-issue in their eyes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post

Quote:

I'd agree that Rick's group is generally more hardened than Woodbury. We already saw that Woodbury's guards include people with minimal experience killing (Gargiulo, the chick with the bow who couldn't hit a walker).

Less seriously, Rick's group has insta-headshots, so they've obviously got an advantage. Especially if it comes down to a headshots only game.

My own random thought:

I enjoyed the stark contrast between how Michonne was introduced to Rick's 'good' group and the Governor's 'evil' group. Rick treats her with hostility and scrutiny at first, while the Governor was very friendly and welcoming. In 'regular' society, Rick's hostility would be a red flag that he's dangerous and not to be trusted. In the zombie-world, that hostility is actually the genuine and appropriate response to meeting someone new. The Governor's welcoming is the opposite. Being friendly and welcoming is the norm in our society, but in the zombie-apocalypse, it's a red flag that you're up to no good - that you've got a trick up your sleeve and are just trying to drop their guard.

Last edited by CanadianHockey: 11-26-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Old
11-26-2012, 08:51 PM
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu

Perhaps he's a recluse(boarded up cabin in the middle of the woods to me makes it seem obvious)... maybe when he sees the walkers in the forest he just thinks it's a person and automatically steers clear of them because he doesn't like being around people. Or maybe he kills them when they're on his property with no concern because they're trespassing.

Old
11-26-2012, 10:53 PM
LiquidSnake
Agent of Chaos...

vCash: 883
Great episode. I thought it was awesome that we realize how dangerous and effective Rick's group is. The governor was shocked that they took over the prison with so little people.

I'd say he's a little afraid.

Old
11-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Everlasting

vCash: 807
Michonne is awesome, i really like her character. MichonnexRick?

This season has been awesome so far

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzdec9b0QSw - RHAPSODY - Clash Of The Titans / Walking Dead Remix

Old
11-26-2012, 11:36 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 2391
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckaroosky View Post
Perhaps he's a recluse(boarded up cabin in the middle of the woods to me makes it seem obvious)... maybe when he sees the walkers in the forest he just thinks it's a person and automatically steers clear of them because he doesn't like being around people. Or maybe he kills them when they're on his property with no concern because they're trespassing.
Yup, I think it was clear he was unstable. Rotting dog on the floor, sleeps with a shotgun, boarded up home in the middle of nowhere...

Old
11-27-2012, 12:51 AM
Ser Woof
Pull the trigger

vCash: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serbian Power View Post
Just finished watching the episode. I loved it, as always. The scientist guy reminds me way too much of Ben (from Lost) for some reason.

It was a great build-up to a (hopefully) very good mid-season finale.
It's those damn glasses.

Old
11-27-2012, 01:04 AM
Mr Fahrenheit
Valar Morghulis

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunomics View Post
I think he was shaking his head to tell Glen dont think about it, ie saving Maggie

and I remember seeing Axel shutting the prison gate after they left to go to Woodbury

Old
11-27-2012, 01:52 AM
Johnny LaRue

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Behn Wilson View Post

Id say the only 3 characters that are bullet proof from being killed are Rick, Daryl, & Michonne. They are too popular to off (unless the actors have other gigs lined up and are going to leave the show anyway.
I assume Carl's an untouchable too. Without Carl, Rick has no reason to live. Carl and Judith are his raison d'etre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
My own random thought:

I enjoyed the stark contrast between how Michonne was introduced to Rick's 'good' group and the Governor's 'evil' group. Rick treats her with hostility and scrutiny at first, while the Governor was very friendly and welcoming. In 'regular' society, Rick's hostility would be a red flag that he's dangerous and not to be trusted. In the zombie-world, that hostility is actually the genuine and appropriate response to meeting someone new. The Governor's welcoming is the opposite. Being friendly and welcoming is the norm in our society, but in the zombie-apocalypse, it's a red flag that you're up to no good - that you've got a trick up your sleeve and are just trying to drop their guard.
The same thing popped into my mind too. The fact that Rick didn't accept Michonne right away let her know he was on the level.

Last edited by Johnny LaRue: 11-27-2012 at 02:01 AM.
Old
11-27-2012, 02:18 AM
AZPenguins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Fahrenheit View Post

and I remember seeing Axel shutting the prison gate after they left to go to Woodbury
Yeah, he is seen opening and closing the gate for them as they drive out.

My thoughts on the cabin guy is he was just bat **** crazy. He probably forgot all about the ZA until confronted with, hence the "I'll call the cops!!". ("I am a cop" cracked me up.)

I think the Gov'n is going to kill Meryle for lying to him about Michonne being dead.

The gov'n won't die in the next episode, in the season trailer they showed Rick warning him off at the prison fence.

Wth is with Michonne not telling Rick and crew about Andrea and Meryle? That is potentially dangerous information to withhold.

Last edited by AZPenguins: 11-27-2012 at 02:34 AM.
Old
11-27-2012, 03:52 AM
Layne Staley
The Future

I thought Axel went with the group to scout Woodbury but I only saw Rick,Daryl,Oscar and Michonne in the cabin with the one guy...Axel is already one of my favorites.

Glen irks me.I don' like him.I would love if him or Maggie get bit before the end of the season, if not both.The actor who plays Glen is just a dork.

And Chad Coleman aka Dennis "Cutty" Wise is cast as Tyreese?!?!He was my favorite character from The Wire, this is ****ing amazing

Closed Thread