HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): ESPN: Eagles Land Kelly (Jan. 16)

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2012, 10:38 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
Ahh fighting for that first overall pick.

Old
11-26-2012, 10:39 PM
RussianRocket10

.... So who is likely to be a top 5 pick in this years draft class?

Old
11-26-2012, 10:48 PM
Phileeguy
Take it, Lou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastate View Post
How did Foles play? I skipped the game
Not bad. 16/21 119Y 0/0. Although, 2-3 of those 5 incompletes could've been picks. Reid went with a run oriented offense that was doing well and could've been successful had they not coughed up the ball so often.

Old
11-26-2012, 10:49 PM
Mr.Krinkle
Pod 6 is Jerks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devastate View Post
How did Foles play? I skipped the game
He didn't do much, let's just say he wasn't the problem.

Had 2 or 3 passes that should've been picks but luckily Carolina can't catch.

Brown looked great, had 2 td's but 2 brutal lost fumbles.

The defense was a laughing stock again. Wide open guys all over all night again.

Old
11-26-2012, 10:59 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Doesn't look like any franchise QBs unfortunately.

Is it bad that I was rooting for the Panthers?

Old
11-26-2012, 11:22 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 400
I'm glad Vinny showed up to play. Played like a hungry vet, not a rookie in his first game. Had that motor on full-display running guys down. Didn't bite on those hard counts either like jackass Thornton who wasn't watching the ball.

Old
11-27-2012, 12:18 AM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
QB Geno Smith, DE/OLB Jarvis Jones, and MLB Manti Te'o are 3 guys to look out for.

Old
11-27-2012, 12:27 AM
RussianRocket10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyShoe1721 View Post
QB Geno Smith, DE/OLB Jarvis Jones, and MLB Manti Te'o are 3 guys to look out for.
We'll probably draft another player for the O-line then.

Old
11-27-2012, 01:09 AM
djlethal08

Quote:
Geno Smith is probably the top QB, but he's nowhere near Luck or RG3 in comparison to last year.

Jarvis Jones is the top pass-rusher, but is a 3-4 OLB rather than a DE.

Luke Joeckel is the top OL this year, but he doesn't look like a top-tier franchise tackle. Good, but I wouldn't use a top-5 pick on him regardless of how much the Eagles need OL help.

Manti Te'o is obviously the top LB in the draft. He's probably the best overall player in the draft. Wouldn't be a bad choice, but MLB is one of the few things the Eagles don't need.

Damontre Moore is the best 4-3 DE in the draft. You could always use more pass-rushers and Babin and Cole are probably both gone so it would make some sense.

Star Lotulelei is the top DT and Overall DL in the draft. He's huge (6'4", 325), strong, and very fast for his size. He'd probably be my target for the Eagles in the top-5. Him and Cox playing inside would be a force for years.

Old
11-27-2012, 01:45 AM
FLYguy3911

I hope they move to the 3-4. This is a great draft to make the transition.

Old
11-27-2012, 08:02 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
We'll probably draft another player for the O-line then.
I think that would be a really good idea if there's a legit All-Pro lineman available.

Old
11-27-2012, 08:16 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by djlethal08 View Post
Geno Smith is probably the top QB, but he's nowhere near Luck or RG3 in comparison to last year.

Jarvis Jones is the top pass-rusher, but is a 3-4 OLB rather than a DE.

Luke Joeckel is the top OL this year, but he doesn't look like a top-tier franchise tackle. Good, but I wouldn't use a top-5 pick on him regardless of how much the Eagles need OL help.

Manti Te'o is obviously the top LB in the draft. He's probably the best overall player in the draft. Wouldn't be a bad choice, but MLB is one of the few things the Eagles don't need.

Damontre Moore is the best 4-3 DE in the draft. You could always use more pass-rushers and Babin and Cole are probably both gone so it would make some sense.

Star Lotulelei is the top DT and Overall DL in the draft. He's huge (6'4", 325), strong, and very fast for his size. He'd probably be my target for the Eagles in the top-5. Him and Cox playing inside would be a force for years.
If Te'o is there when the Eagles draft, they have to take him. They can worry about what to do with Ryans later. I would think Te'o would play outside until they're done with Ryans, which isn't too far in the future either way.

Old
11-27-2012, 08:30 AM
Hollywood Couturier

Maybe it's the homer in me but even with Barkley's lackluster season I would take him before Smith.

"I Came Here To Bury Caesar, Not Praise Him" - Roy Halladay
Old
11-27-2012, 09:26 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Maybe it's the homer in me but even with Barkley's lackluster season I would take him before Smith.
Neither of them are really top-5 caliber picks.

It's a tough year to be bad. I expect we'll end up somewhere between 5 and 10--I still think they will fall into 1-2 wins.

Agree on Te'o for sure. The OG from 'Bama looks impressive too--but we'd need to move down a bit there.

Old
11-27-2012, 12:11 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Seven Quarterbacks had a 120+ QB rating in 10 years with Jim Johnson at the helm, 5 have had 120+ against Todd Bowles' defense this year. (5 Straight)

Old
11-27-2012, 12:15 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Couturier View Post
Seven Quarterbacks had a 120+ QB rating in 10 years with Jim Johnson at the helm, 5 have had 120+ against Todd Bowles' defense this year. (5 Straight)
Ouch.

Old
11-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Hollywood Couturier

They also have allowed twice as many games where a QB completes 70% of his passes with 2+TD's and 0 INT's. (4 for Bowles and 2 for JJ) Would be five but Newton only completed 64% of his passes.

Old
11-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Jack de la Hoya

The Eagles were 3-2 before HF Flyers died.

They are 0-6 since.

Correlation = causation?

Old
11-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Hollywood Couturier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
The Eagles were 3-2 before HF Flyers died.

They are 0-6 since.

Correlation = causation?
Looks like we'll have to fix that!

Old
11-27-2012, 12:26 PM
StevensCakeBakerBacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Nnamdi rarely had safety help in Oakland, and he also pressed and jammed at the line of scrimmage. The Eagles signed him to be a player that he was not. It's all scheme and confidence. You can't play corner in this league if you're not confident. I watch Patrick Robinson try to do that every week. If/When he gets cut, he's going to go somewhere like New England, and in a year we'll all be saying 'why couldn't he play like that for the Eagles?' Just look at Asante, he was softer than a box of tissues (yet was one of the better hitters) and now he's like an Iron Man for the Falcons.
Asante is still soft, and he was part of what made this team start to become terrible; a pad-my-stats-first kind'a chump. I couldn't care less about what he does in Atlanta, his picks are negated by the routes he gets burned on when his gambles don't payoff. Atlanta/Philly records have nothing to do with one player, so Atlanta winning does not change how important Asantes was/wasn't to Philly.

The argument you put up for ASO is one I am sick and tired of hearing as ASO has been burned 1-on-1 many times this season. If he is so damn good (billed as one of the top 2 CBs in the NFL upon his arrival) he should freaking adapt, quickly.

Shouldn't the press cover skills of ASO help him tackle? Cause he tackles like a b$%@, maybe even worse than Asante. DRC doesn't get a free pass, I just didn't expect much from him.

Old
11-27-2012, 01:12 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StevensCakeBakerBacker View Post
Asante is still soft, and he was part of what made this team start to become terrible; a pad-my-stats-first kind'a chump. I couldn't care less about what he does in Atlanta, his picks are negated by the routes he gets burned on when his gambles don't payoff. Atlanta/Philly records have nothing to do with one player, so Atlanta winning does not change how important Asantes was/wasn't to Philly.

The argument you put up for ASO is one I am sick and tired of hearing as ASO has been burned 1-on-1 many times this season. If he is so damn good (billed as one of the top 2 CBs in the NFL upon his arrival) he should freaking adapt, quickly.

Shouldn't the press cover skills of ASO help him tackle? Cause he tackles like a b$%@, maybe even worse than Asante. DRC doesn't get a free pass, I just didn't expect much from him.
I don't think hes that good, I think he was avoided in Oakland because he was the best player there and that's it. No one ever threw his way in Oakland because he was the only one that did anything to stop them. He probably got complacent knowing no one ever is going to throw that way.

Old
11-27-2012, 01:14 PM
RussianRocket10

I remember the day we signed Nnamdi. I was pumped because I thought we were getting an awesome player. Wow was I wrong.

Old
11-27-2012, 01:50 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
Nnamdi rarely had safety help in Oakland, and he also pressed and jammed at the line of scrimmage. The Eagles signed him to be a player that he was not. It's all scheme and confidence. You can't play corner in this league if you're not confident. I watch Patrick Robinson try to do that every week. If/When he gets cut, he's going to go somewhere like New England, and in a year we'll all be saying 'why couldn't he play like that for the Eagles?' Just look at Asante, he was softer than a box of tissues (yet was one of the better hitters) and now he's like an Iron Man for the Falcons.
Jerry Jones is happy the eagles jumped in and stole him from them when they thought they had him wrapped up. I agree it is about confidence and scheme, but there is more to it than that. One is that in order to keep him from going to one of their eastern division rivals they had to give him a contract that clearly was way to long and to much money. I gave him a pass last year when he did not have time to jell when his new time. But his play has only deteriorated more this season. I thought maybe when Andy let Juan go maybe then his play would pick up. But clearly that has not been the case. He and the rest of the fat cats on defense have quit on the coach, the owner, and worse the fans. The film does not lie. I DVR every eagle game, and it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out what is going on there on defense. The offense has had a ton of injurys whereas the defense has really had none. Nnamdi is the poster boy for what is going on here. Lurie has his hands full as to what to do after this season and it will not be very pretty. It will be interesting to say the least. If Foles is not the answer at QB the draft will not be of any help. There is no franchise QB coming out in this draft class like RGlll and Luck. I still cannot figure how so many people(including me) predicted great things for this team this year. From dream team to this mess in so short a time frame is just unbelievable to say the least.

Old
11-27-2012, 02:01 PM
usahockey22flyers
Forza Roma

Eagles Insider ‏@EaglesInsider
#Eagles release DE Jason Babin and place WR DeSean Jackson on Injured Reserve

Old
11-27-2012, 02:04 PM
RussianRocket10

No Vick, Mccoy, or Jackson?