HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

AHL Amerks vs Devils Fri Nov 23 7:05PM ET TV: TWCS

Old
11-26-2012, 01:05 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
It'll be interesting to see if the Sabres give Flynn a look if there's an NHL season. I'd have to think Tropp had the inside track at the final RW spot--with Pommer, Stafford, and Kaleta all locks--before his season-ending injury. Could be an opportunity for Flynn.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 01:26 PM
DJN21

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
I've seen a few posters mention that Girgensons gets nailed a lot.

Is that do to reckless play?

Or is it lack of awareness on his part? As in he doesn't have the speed/reactions to protect himself at the AHL level yet.
In my obviously non-professional opinion its a combination of a reckless attitude(which has resulted in some big hits and plays going in his favor mind you) and some unawareness. He's so eager to be involved in the play along the walls that it sets him up for physical damage. Alot of the hits I've seen him take have been along the boards and he seems to have his head down focused on the puck and not his surroundings. Then again for all I know he sees the hits coming and doesnt care and tries to keep on the puck...

Honestly at his current stage of development I liken him alot to a Kaleta type. I know he is suppose to evolve into the next Kesler and he will obviously surpass Kaleta in talent level but the similarities are striking through a handful of games...he tries to line up big hits every once in awhile, and isnt afraid to dish em in open ice...yet for as much punishment as he gives he seems to take just as much if not more lol similar to Patty...Patty tends to play on the reckless side and I def see that in Z. Patty is also very solid in his own right defensively and Z is amazing already...Ik I'll prolly get slammed for that comparison but keep inmind im just assessing where I see Z through the first what?..5th of the season?

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 01:28 PM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
It'll be interesting to see if the Sabres give Flynn a look if there's an NHL season. I'd have to think Tropp had the inside track at the final RW spot--with Pommer, Stafford, and Kaleta all locks--before his season-ending injury. Could be an opportunity for Flynn.
He could be a serious little spark plug. Ik scott and cody would be challenging for the 4th line center job, but if Flynn could play some center with gerbe and kaleta...holy cow thatd be a line all over the place lol.

Old
11-26-2012, 01:31 PM
Rammstein816

Quote:
I think he's done enough to earn a second contract at the very least. His production is similar to how Varone's was last year to earn his first contract.

Rammstein816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 01:37 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammstein816 View Post
I think he's done enough to earn a second contract at the very least. His production is similar to how Varone's was last year to earn his first contract.
Much better, actually. Varone struggled until December or January and then really turned it on. It only took Flynn a couple games to adjust.

sabrefan27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 05:44 PM
JPurp26

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammstein816 View Post
I am optimistic as well but he has only played 15 games this year. It will be tough for him to make it though, he is already 24 years old and a 4 year college player.

JPurp26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 06:47 PM
Tra La La

Best part about Flynn's streak? He's done it with multiple linemates. Lines have changed almost every other game it seems. He just keeps producing.

Tra La La is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 10:58 PM
BalticWarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
In my obviously non-professional opinion its a combination of a reckless attitude(which has resulted in some big hits and plays going in his favor mind you) and some unawareness. He's so eager to be involved in the play along the walls that it sets him up for physical damage. Alot of the hits I've seen him take have been along the boards and he seems to have his head down focused on the puck and not his surroundings. Then again for all I know he sees the hits coming and doesnt care and tries to keep on the puck...

Honestly at his current stage of development I liken him alot to a Kaleta type. I know he is suppose to evolve into the next Kesler and he will obviously surpass Kaleta in talent level but the similarities are striking through a handful of games...he tries to line up big hits every once in awhile, and isnt afraid to dish em in open ice...yet for as much punishment as he gives he seems to take just as much if not more lol similar to Patty...Patty tends to play on the reckless side and I def see that in Z. Patty is also very solid in his own right defensively and Z is amazing already...Ik I'll prolly get slammed for that comparison but keep inmind im just assessing where I see Z through the first what?..5th of the season?
That would be just sad if girgensons,would turn into a Kaleta.As i,and number of different posters have said,he needs to be sent down to WHL,only that can improve him offensively.

BalticWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 04:43 AM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
That would be just sad if girgensons,would turn into a Kaleta.As i,and number of different posters have said,he needs to be sent down to WHL,only that can improve him offensively.
Yeah, again I didnt say will be or turn into Kaleta I think his style of play so far this season...as a youngster can be likened to a somewhat a a current kaleta style especially in the way he takes punishment.

Old
11-27-2012, 08:42 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helo View Post
That ship has sailed, unfortunately.

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 03:08 PM
jfb392

Quote:
That ship has sailed, unfortunately.
It hasn't though and I think they may look at sending him down after the WJC if they are smart.

jfb392 is online now   Reply With Quote