HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Justin Schultz

Old
11-27-2012, 12:24 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by soothsayer View Post
lol I'm surprised that went under the radar for as long as it did.
*Almost. Look 3 posts down from that one

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 12:36 AM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

vCash: 50
Are we talking about Schultz making the Canadian Olympic team? Easy there sailors. He has been brilliant so far but on a stacked OKC team with no NHL experience for us to base it on. Not taking anything from him but, loooool.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 12:47 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanahanigans View Post
Another thing that has impressed me about Schultz is his character and professionalism. Over the fiasco of his free agency and choosing to sign with Edmonton, the guy really hasn't said word, even though he was trashed publicly many times. He reported to OKC without saying a word about the whole fiasco and what everyone was saying about him, the rumors, character bashing, etc. He let his play do the talking for him, and through his play and post game/ pre game comments (not much, I know), you get a sense that he is already emerging as one of the real leaders on the Barons.

He hasn't said a word because he knows how stupid he will look having to answer questions why he lied to an NHL head coach, GM and future hall of famer he "idolized"

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 12:54 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySheen View Post

He hasn't said a word because he knows how stupid he will look having to answer questions why he lied to an NHL head coach, GM and future hall of famer he "idolized"
Good lord.

Get over it already.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 01:15 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Good lord.

Get over it already.
Normally the word character is not association with lying and deception

Old
11-27-2012, 01:15 AM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Are we talking about Schultz making the Canadian Olympic team? Easy there sailors. He has been brilliant so far but on a stacked OKC team with no NHL experience for us to base it on. Not taking anything from him but, loooool.
Dont think any seriously considers hell make olympic team, but who would have imagined Doughtys performance at the Olympics as such a young defenseman.

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 01:22 AM
SDig14

Quote:
If everyone who lied at some point in their lives were never given second chances then the word character would probably not even exist anymore.

Without knowing the facts of what happened behind closed doors to make him want to leave Anaheim, I think it's safe to say the kid has been nothing but a model teammate and character guy so far in OKC.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 03:23 AM
Hynh

Quote:

Maybe he idolized a better HOFer more?

Quote:
Basing your opinion of a person's character on one moment where all the details are unknown is unwise.

Quote:
I think the bigger issue would the RHD depth Canada has. Doughty, Pietrangelo, Weber and Seabrook and that's just to start!

Hynh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 03:36 AM
Mr Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hynh View Post

Basing your opinion of a person's character on one moment where all the details are unknown is unwise.

I think the bigger issue would the RHD depth Canada has. Doughty, Pietrangelo, Weber and Seabrook and that's just to start!

Again, way too many posters take this way too seriously as if their opinions (our opinions, mine and yours) actually matter in the grand scheme of things, it's a freakin internet forum where crazy ideas abound...... "Hold up there cowboy, don't ya think it's a tad premature to start talking Olympics." It all cracks me up....

He's played on big international ice his entire collegiate career..he can walk the line and open up lanes and get a shot through with a wrister with the best of em....
what is the harm in bringing him to a summer evaluation camp, let him skate against the A Team and lets see what kind of mad squabbles the kid's got. If he's outclassed against the A team, well nothing ventured nothing gained... seriously! The formula thinking, the conservative "lets see how he does in the NHL before we go off half cocked" type of thinking by internet GMs astonishes me. Not a critique of you, just astounded at the serious nature of the responses...

Mr Writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 03:44 AM
Vasilevskiy
I've many surnames

Quote:
yeah, this.
Not surprised the idea came up though lol, this is hf.

Schultz would hvae to do an unreal season next year or multiple injuries, and its not gonna happen.

Vasilevskiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 03:47 AM
Hynh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Writer View Post
[/B]
Again, way too many posters take this way too seriously as if their opinions (our opinions, mine and yours) actually matter in the grand scheme of things, it's a freakin internet forum where crazy ideas abound...... "Hold up there cowboy, don't ya think it's a tad premature to start talking Olympics." It all cracks me up....

He's played on big international ice his entire collegiate career..he can walk the line and open up lanes and get a shot through with a wrister with the best of em....
what is the harm in bringing him to a summer evaluation camp, let him skate against the A Team and lets see what kind of mad squabbles the kid's got. If he's outclassed against the A team, well nothing ventured nothing gained... seriously! The formula thinking, the conservative "lets see how he does in the NHL before we go off half cocked" type of thinking by internet GMs astonishes me. Not a critique of you, just astounded at the serious nature of the responses...
I was responding to the notion that he'd make the final roster. Schultz could very well be one of the best 3/4 RHD Canada has by 2014 but in the event of tie I think those players I listed have the tiebreaker in their favor. He might have it over players like Hamonic, Subban, etc. but 2014 is a long way off. Maybe Ryan Murray repeats Doughty's performance.

Old
11-27-2012, 04:00 AM
Mr Writer

Quote:
I was responding to the notion that he'd make the final roster. Schultz could very well be one of the best 3/4 RHD Canada has by 2014 but in the event of tie I think those players I listed have the tiebreaker in their favor. He might have it over players like Hamonic, Subban, etc. but 2014 is a long way off. Maybe Ryan Murray repeats Doughty's performance.
Who knows what would happen when you open Pandora's box... could be something, could be nothing....
my opinion on Ryan Murray is..... he isn't that good. I've never been sold on Murray being the d-man HC perceives him to be or will someday become. The fact of the matter HC for whatever reason saw fit to include him on a WC team (a discussion for another thread) so, in keeping with HC's new found out of the box forward thinking, bring Schultz along to the summer evalution camp and lets see what we got. No harm no foul.

Mr Writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 04:28 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

Quote:

Ah yes, lying and deceiving a professional NHL team you verbally committed to is one moment, I don't see how Paul Coffey is relevant since Niedermayer was actually flying out to Wisconsin and helping this kid get better

Old
11-27-2012, 04:39 AM
CSimpson18

Quote:
Ah yes, lying and deceiving a professional NHL team you verbally committed to is one moment, I don't see how Paul Coffey is relevant since Niedermayer was actually flying out to Wisconsin and helping this kid get better
1) lying and deceiving are synonyms

2) corroborated evidence of what Justin said, please?

3) there's a huge difference between lying and changing our mind

4) Justin has said all the right things since arriving in Edm/okc and has been a model teammate

5) Yoink

Last edited by CSimpson18: 11-27-2012 at 04:51 AM.
CSimpson18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 05:53 AM
Fourier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
He's played well and his physical game has blossomed some this year, he's also started crashing the net more rather than lob wristers and the goalies. But him and his line (Lander and Hartikainen) isnt putting up much in terms of points on a regular basis. But they play hard, draw penalties, and are strong along the boards.
Unfortunately the PP time is hard to come by in OKC.
Paajarvi has 12 points in 18 games and Hartikainen has 16. Of course in the case of Hartikainen quite a few of those came playing with the kids. But right now Hartikainen is tied with a guy like Baertschi and Paajarvi is pretty much on par with Ryan Johansen and is ahead of Kreider.

Fourier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 08:26 AM
UnrefinedCrude

Quote:
Anaheim lied just as much, under your criteria.

He was drafted under one set of circumstances: Different GM, different coaches, projected future playing with a friend (who they traded, how dare they-he even had a signed contract, oh my God what moustache twirling villains the Ducks are!!) and more.

Why would he want to play with a dishonest organization full of liars like the Ducks have shown themselves to be?

Your complaints are just as nonsensical as what is written above.

UnrefinedCrude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 08:37 AM
Hynh

Quote:
What about prospects that commit to a college and then withdraw and play CHL hockey? Wouldn't want any of those players on your roster would you? The Oilers will gladly take any of those liars you may or may not have so you may maintain your honor.

Old
11-27-2012, 03:35 PM
doubledown99

Man there are a few players on HF that just cause a ***** storm when they are discussed:
1) E. Karlsson
2) P. Kessel
3) J. Schultz

4) T. Hall

5) M. Rielly (though its not as bad as bringing up the others

doubledown99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 04:49 PM
topchowda

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledown99 View Post
Man there are a few players on HF that just cause a ***** storm when they are discussed:
1) E. Karlsson
2) P. Kessel
3) J. Schultz

4) T. Hall

1b) Luongo

topchowda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 05:37 PM
MikeModano9

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledown99 View Post
1) E. Karlsson
2) P. Kessel
3) J. Schultz

4) T. Hall

They all play for Canadian teams too haha

MikeModano9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 08:38 PM
DisneyDucky

I sometimes wonder what some oiler fans would have said about Schultz if he had signed with the nucks instead...

My life doesnt circle around him but I think WITH the information we've seen and gone trough a thousand Times that what he did was and forever will be a ******-move.

Good player tough

DisneyDucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 11:17 PM
pocketful
"We'll see"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDucky View Post
I sometimes wonder what some oiler fans would have said about Schultz if he had signed with the nucks instead...

My life doesnt circle around him but I think WITH the information we've seen and gone trough a thousand Times that what he did was and forever will be a ******-move.

Good player tough
******** and bitter. I would get over it pretty quick though since he was not ours.

pocketful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 07:26 PM
MBauer

He scores halfway through the first, very nice pinch in goal!

MBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 07:31 PM
franfrey*

Gets burned by Palmieri on Houston's opening goal, but makes up for it with a sick individual effort moments later.

franfrey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 07:41 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yourface View Post
Gets burned by Palmieri on Houston's opening goal, but makes up for it with a sick individual effort moments later.

Fel 96 is offline   Reply With Quote