Notices

Tracking the Locked Out Jets

Old
11-26-2012, 08:41 PM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

vCash: 297
Wheeler's up to his typical "setup guy" stuff, but what's with his PIM?! 25M in 6 games? Goon.

Last edited by YWGinYYZ: 11-26-2012 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Grind-Phone (TM) spelling correction correction...
YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 12:06 AM
Mathil8
▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌│▌▌▌│▌▌

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by YWGinYYZ View Post
Wheeler's up to his typical "setup guy" stuff, but what's with his PIM?! 25M in 6 games? Goon.
Didn't he get a game misconduct in his first game? Lolz

Mathil8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 04:37 AM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

vCash: 500
It's very easy to get a game misconduct in the DEL

25 PIM in 6 games is not a problem for a DEL player, who just came over from the NHL and has a big frame. Don't worry.

GermanJetsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 04:54 AM
YWGinYYZ
Global Moderator
Alien Hockey Wizard

vCash: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by GermanJetsFan View Post
It's very easy to get a game misconduct in the DEL

25 PIM in 6 games is not a problem for a DEL player, who just came over from the NHL and has a big frame. Don't worry.
Not worried - I just find it a bit funny, as he's definitely not a goon.

YWGinYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 04:44 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

PTS/GP Forwards
1.30 Fehr
1.17 Wheeler
0.79 Stapleton
0.65 Ponikarovsky
0.50 Miettinen
0.44 Antropov
0.09 Kane

PTS/GP Defense
0.37 Kulda
0.25 Festerling
0.17 Flood
0.20 Enstrom

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
PTS/GP Forwards
1.30 Fehr
1.17 Wheeler
0.79 Stapleton
0.65 Ponikarovsky
0.50 Miettinen
0.44 Antropov
0.09 Kane

PTS/GP Defense
0.37 Kulda
0.25 Festerling
0.17 Flood
0.20 Enstrom
Interesting, but it also discounts the differences between leagues. Enstrom played in the, by a large margin, weakest of the leagues (Austrian league). Wheeler's (and Festerling's) league (DEL) is also quite a bit weaker than than the others. SM-Liiga of Fehr and Miettinen is a step up on those, but the largest difference would be KHL which is much much stronger than any other league.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 05:11 PM
tinhorn

Actually there is some pretty good hockey played in these leagues. The DEL, Austria and KHL broadcast a lot of games free on the internet. Have been watching Giroux, Briere, Benn ,Erhoff,Goc, Festerling, Wheeler just to name a few in the DEL. Although they look good, no one is lighting it up. Fast offensive game with the wider ice. Good Hockey!

tinhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 05:19 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinhorn View Post
Actually there is some pretty good hockey played in these leagues. The DEL, Austria and KHL broadcast a lot of games free on the internet. Have been watching Giroux, Briere, Benn ,Erhoff,Goc, Festerling, Wheeler just to name a few in the DEL. Although they look good, no one is lighting it up. Fast offensive game with the wider ice. Good Hockey!
I never said that the DEL wasn't good hockey, I enjoy those games, but it is definitely a step down from the KHL.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 06:19 PM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Interesting, but it also discounts the differences between leagues. Enstrom played in the, by a large margin, weakest of the leagues (Austrian league). Wheeler's (and Festerling's) league (DEL) is also quite a bit weaker than than the others. SM-Liiga of Fehr and Miettinen is a step up on those, but the largest difference would be KHL which is much much stronger than any other league.
Well it's at least debatable that the DEL is weaker than the Swiss, swedish and finnish league. I would have said the same but if you compare the results against each other at http://www.europeantrophy.com/, it seems like to be not that big of a difference. The funny thing is that Adler Mannheim was very bad in their group although they're leading the DEL and look like to be #1 challenger for the title this year. I think it's very hard to classify the european leagues after the KHL (which is the best, no doubt).

I hope to see Adler Mannheim vs. EHC Munich very soon, Hometown vs. Wheeler ^^.

I am really happy to see Fehr score and play well again. I have that feeling about him that we will see him again in Winnipeg. He'd still be a very nice 13th forward.

Old
12-04-2012, 03:51 PM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

A friend of mine just got back from Germany and was unable to free himself up to see Wheeler play live but said he watched him on TV in a sports bar and Blake was on a line with Paul Stastny and they were lighting it up. He said they looked like they had been playing together for years. Is it just me or does that sound appealing? I know it will never happen but......just for fun:

Ladd Stastny Wheeler
Kane Jokinnen Little

ps241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 04:03 PM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 2252
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
A friend of mine just got back from Germany and was unable to free himself up to see Wheeler play live but said he watched him on TV in a sports bar and Blake was on a line with Paul Stastny and they were lighting it up. He said they looked like they had been playing together for years. Is it just me or does that sound appealing? I know it will never happen but......just for fun:

Ladd Stastny Wheeler
Kane Jokinnen Little

I've long believed Stastny would be the perfect centre for Wheeler and Ladd.

I just don't think we have anything that we could offer Colorado to make them part with him that we can afford to deal.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 05:27 PM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
I've long believed Stastny would be the perfect centre for Wheeler and Ladd.

I just don't think we have anything that we could offer Colorado to make them part with him that we can afford to deal.
Yea Sweech no way it happens but now that they are ACTUALLY playing together on a team, all be it in Germany, the tease of what could be is tormenting my tormentedness (not a word but an expression that a wacky buddy pulls out from time to time)

Old
12-07-2012, 03:50 AM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

A little bit about Wheeler in Munich, as he gave a short interview on the Red Bull Munich homepage together with Paul Stastny:

http://www.redbullmuenchen.de/artike...interview/2880

Q: Blake, since Tuesday you've got your wife and your baby with you in Munich. How are they?

Blake: "Yes, both arrived well in Munich and are fine. Now I'm spending a lot of time with them of course. Before they arrived, I discovered the city together with Paul Stastny and we looked at a lot of things. For example, we saw the christmas tree build up at Marienplace, that was kind a cool."

Christmas tree at Marienplace in Munich, there is a gallery when you click on "Fotos": http://www.muenchen.de/themen/winter...-muenchen.html

After that question, Paul said that they visited the Champions League soccer match between Bayern Munich and BATE Borisov (Belarus).

Q: Blake, one last question about the lockout situation in the NHL. It looks like, the PA and the GMs came closer to an agreement. What do you think about the situation?

Blake: "I don't know about the updates in the discussions. It looks like both sides are having a good dialog right now. But it's a fact that nothing has been nailed down yet. As long as it stands like that, I'm staying in Munich to play for the Red Bulls."

After 8 games, he has 8 Points (2G, 6 A)

Last edited by GermanJetsFan: 12-07-2012 at 04:04 AM.
Old
12-09-2012, 07:53 AM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

I'm about to leave to see Wheeler in Mannheim. It will be the first time in my life I'll cheer against my hometown team

That's the sign I'll show with Jets pride

Old
12-09-2012, 08:28 AM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 2169
Quote:
I'm about to leave to see Wheeler in Mannheim. It will be the first time in my life I'll cheer against my hometown team

Good luck.

DespoticNewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 08:46 AM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Have fun and let us know how Wheels looks playing with Stastny

Old
12-09-2012, 12:03 PM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

After the 2nd, wheels has 2G and 1A. Its 3-2 for munich and all Three goals have been scored by wheels and stastny. They are by far the best line in the game and wheeler looks like he does whatever he wants out there. Pominville has his 2nd game for Mannheim and had 1 real good shot on goal but is shut down Most of the time. Marcel goc is still injured for Mannheim and Dennis seidenberg has had better performances lately

*edit*

I'll write you a report. I had good seats and could observe every step from Wheels. Munich is in the lower half of the DEL standings and Mannheim is leading the league but lost 2 of their last 3 games. They have Marcel Goc and Dennis Seidenberg in their lineup normally, but the Panthers center is missing again for a longer time. Seidenberg played. They aquired Jason Pominville this week. He played his second game today for Mannheim and couldn't put up a point in his first game.

Before the game, Blake saw me and my sign just before the first drop of the puck. It was funny, he looked in my direction, spotted me, poked Paul Stastny standing next to him and both looked up to me and laughed.
Before the game, Blake had 2 Goals and 7 Assists in 9 games, so he was on a 1.0 PPG rate.

Mannheim had a better start into the game and scored a 2-0 lead in the first. Pretty fast it became crystal clear that the Wheeler and Stastny line was by far the best for Munich and they turned out to be the best line for the whole game.
Wheeler was flying all over the ice and his chemistry with Stastny looks very good. I can imagine that some teams in the DEL are pretty scared when they enter your defensive zone. They get a lot of icetime and without them, I'm pretty sure Munich wouldn't have had a chance against Mannheim (who has the best roster in the league arguably).

Wheeler had 2 good chances which were denied by Dennis Endras (german national keeper). Late in the first, Stastny scored a beauty on a Wheeler feed.

In the second period, Stastny and Wheeler took the game over and especially Wheeler started to do look like a beast on the ice. He was really, really good. So it was just a matter of time for him to score again. And he did.
He scored the next 2 goals in the second (one which was assisted by Stastny) and his third (another Stastny assist) in the third period. Mannheim didn't know what to do against the two Americans.

I'll post you the game highlights with his 3 goals when they are online (they will come).

After the game, Munich said goodbye to their fans and I rushed down to the glass that he can see me. We looked at each other and he smiled at me and gave me a thumbs up.

It was a great game for both of us, haha.

The game sheet:
http://www.del.org/de/statistiken/li...html?l=1980423

Blake now has 5 Goals and 8 Assists in 10 Games.

Rumours say, that he scored all three goals just for me

Last edited by GermanJetsFan: 12-09-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old
12-09-2012, 02:46 PM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
After the 2nd, wheels has 2G and 1A. Its 3-2 for munich and all Three goals have been scored by wheels and stastny. They are by far the best line in the game and wheeler looks like he does whatever he wants out there. Pominville has his 2nd game for Mannheim and had 1 real good shot on goal but is shut down Most of the time. Marcel goc is still injured for Mannheim and Dennis seidenberg has had better performances lately

*edit*

I'll write you a report. I had good seats and could observe every step from Wheels. Munich is in the lower half of the DEL standings and Mannheim is leading the league but lost 2 of their last 3 games. They have Marcel Goc and Dennis Seidenberg in their lineup normally, but the Panthers center is missing again for a longer time. Seidenberg played. They aquired Jason Pominville this week. He played his second game today for Mannheim and couldn't put up a point in his first game.

Before the game, Blake saw me and my sign just before the first drop of the puck. It was funny, he looked in my direction, spotted me, poked Paul Stastny standing next to him and both looked up to me and laughed.
Before the game, Blake had 2 Goals and 7 Assists in 9 games, so he was on a 1.0 PPG rate.

Mannheim had a better start into the game and scored a 2-0 lead in the first. Pretty fast it became crystal clear that the Wheeler and Stastny line was by far the best for Munich and they turned out to be the best line for the whole game.
Wheeler was flying all over the ice and his chemistry with Stastny looks very good. I can imagine that some teams in the DEL are pretty scared when they enter your defensive zone. They get a lot of icetime and without them, I'm pretty sure Munich wouldn't have had a chance against Mannheim (who has the best roster in the league arguably).

Wheeler had 2 good chances which were denied by Dennis Endras (german national keeper). Late in the first, Stastny scored a beauty on a Wheeler feed.

In the second period, Stastny and Wheeler took the game over and especially Wheeler started to do look like a beast on the ice. He was really, really good. So it was just a matter of time for him to score again. And he did.
He scored the next 2 goals in the second (one which was assisted by Stastny) and his third (another Stastny assist) in the third period. Mannheim didn't know what to do against the two Americans.

I'll post you the game highlights with his 3 goals when they are online (they will come).

After the game, Munich said goodbye to their fans and I rushed down to the glass that he can see me. We looked at each other and he smiled at me and gave me a thumbs up.

It was a great game for both of us, haha.

The game sheet:
http://www.del.org/de/statistiken/li...html?l=1980423

Blake now has 5 Goals and 8 Assists in 10 Games.

Rumours say, that he scored all three goals just for me
Really pumped for you that Blake lit it up at the game you were at.....glad you had a chance to experience live and in person how dominating wheels can be. Size, speed, and crazy puck skills lend themselves to a very entertaining form of dominance. some guys show up on the score sheet but you don't notice them.....not Blake.

Old
12-09-2012, 03:37 PM
puck stoppa

Its great to hear that you saw a good game. When they saw your sign maybe Stastny was telling Wheeler, "can't wait to be your linemate next season" in the Peg

puck stoppa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 04:23 PM
Braunbaer
also a giraffe

Even though I'm a Mannheim fan (our performance was just disgraceful) I'm very happy for Wheels.
He was one of my first favorite players in the NHL and I finally could watch him live. And boy, did he ever dominate the game with Stastny.

Braunbaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 06:20 PM
GermanJetsFan
*PEW* *PEW* *PEW*

Here are the highlights of the game

http://www.laola1.tv/de/de/eishockey...62-105685.html

Old
12-09-2012, 08:14 PM
DespoticNewt

I'm just glad that your efforts with the sign didn't go to waste.

Old
12-09-2012, 08:48 PM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Here are the highlights of the game

http://www.laola1.tv/de/de/eishockey...62-105685.html
Thx my friend

Old
12-10-2012, 04:53 AM
DespoticNewt

Gary Lawless writes an opinion piece on the vilification of Ron Hainsey:

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opi...182780001.html

Old
12-10-2012, 07:48 AM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DespoticNewt View Post
Gary Lawless writes an opinion piece on the vilification of Ron Hainsey:

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opi...182780001.html
Now and then Gary gets it right.....nice piece.

I Disagee with Gary though in the sense that I think Ron is still a top 4 D man on Winnipeg's roster but agree his pay grade last season might have raised fans expectations too high.