HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

The official RIP 2013 All-Star Game Thread

Old
11-26-2012, 11:29 AM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKETfan View Post
Wow.... FIVE pages of comments about the ASG.

I lost interest in this season several weeks ago.
That's what I'm really pissed about, ----what they've done to my love of the game.

Admit it: The lockout is really about "how much more money can they extract from the fans".
The answer is "less and less" as you suck the goodwill right out of us.
FWIW - this is continued ASG discussion in the all-purpose, going-back-to-when-it-was-announced thread.

That said, I have worked myself up into a good solid "meh" as regards the cancellation. Which is sad in and of itself for the reasons you mention re: love of the game.

Old
11-26-2012, 01:29 PM
BluejacketNut

My passion was snuffed out when we decided to keep Howson instead of Nash. I dont think Davidson would have traded Nash

BluejacketNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 09:06 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassé View Post
FWIW - this is continued ASG discussion in the all-purpose, going-back-to-when-it-was-announced thread.

That said, I have worked myself up into a good solid "meh" as regards the cancellation. Which is sad in and of itself for the reasons you mention re: love of the game.
That explains it.
Since few are checking very often, perhaps you could just start new threads.
I'm sure crave would appreciate new threads for their ads since few are looking at the old ones.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 06:53 AM
Skraut

Quote:
Admit it: The lockout is really about "how much more money can they extract from the fans".
I've been sort of cheering for the players in all of this, because after the last lockout I got the impression that the Owners think that a lockout every time a CBA expires will just get them everything they want each time, and I hate going through these lockouts. My hope was that if the players dragged it out long enough, the owners would realize in the future that the fight wasn't worth it, and that both sides would settle CBA's in the offseason going forward.

But I think you hit on something even more significant. After the last lockout we all came back with abandon. We bought up the new redesigned jerseys, kept buying the ever more expensive tickets and beers, and helped create the pie both sides are fighting over.

There needs to be a couple years where total revenues drop, and the linked salary cap drops. That is the REAL deterrent for future lockouts.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 07:05 AM
Double-Shift Lassé
Just post better

Quote:
That explains it.
Since few are checking very often, perhaps you could just start new threads.
I'm sure crave would appreciate new threads for their ads since few are looking at the old ones.
You mean except for people who are looking at the old ones and think they're new ones?

Double-Shift Lassé is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 07:15 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluejacketNut View Post
My passion was snuffed out when we decided to keep Howson instead of Nash.
Gee, I didn't realize it was an either/or.

Quote:
I dont think Davidson would have traded Nash
Maybe, maybe not. Your most likely true, but it's done. If your passion was snuffed out over trading Nash, you were already down and out to begin with.

Of course, none of this has anything to do with the actual thread.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 07:21 AM
blahblah

Quote:
But I think you hit on something even more significant. After the last lockout we all came back with abandon. We bought up the new redesigned jerseys, kept buying the ever more expensive tickets and beers, and helped create the pie both sides are fighting over.

There needs to be a couple years where total revenues drop, and the linked salary cap drops. That is the REAL deterrent for future lockouts.
I don't think it will make any difference.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 07:35 AM
Skraut

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
I don't think it will make any difference.
I know. Really looking forward to seeing "Thank You Fans!" on the ice again...

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 08:32 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Send a message via MSN to Robert
Quote:
Wow.... FIVE pages of comments about the ASG.

I lost interest in this season several weeks ago.
That's what I'm really pissed about, ----what they've done to my love of the game.

The lost ASG is moot, Columbus will get one soon, probably 2015 but in the end the ASG is Disneyland...

Whatever, the topic of importance is how the CBJ might benefit from the lockout... The extra year for Johansen and other young Jacket players to develop might pay off...

Winning in a small NHL market is never easy but bringing in Davidson is the best thing in Columbus since being awarded the franchise in 1997... imo, the CBJ will surprise when play resumes. (goaltending will be key)..

Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 09:34 PM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
The lost ASG is moot, Columbus will get one soon, probably 2015 but in the end the ASG is Disneyland...

Whatever, the topic of importance is how the CBJ might benefit from the lockout... The extra year for Johansen and other young Jacket players to develop might pay off...

Winning in a small NHL market is never easy but bringing in Davidson is the best thing in Columbus since being awarded the franchise in 1997... imo, the CBJ will surprise when play resumes. (goaltending will be key)..
I'm always a bit surprised when someone posts the idea that NOT playing will make us better, somehow, as if all the other teams don't have young players too.

But I have to admit, after eleven years of us "not playing" worth sh/it, not playing for real does have its merits. For one, it is less painful to watch. And two, I have more time to do other things than be mopey in-between games where the team didn't show up to play.

Old
12-04-2012, 09:57 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skraut View Post
I know. Really looking forward to seeing "Thank You Fans!" on the ice again...
Thanking the fans should not be an option on the ice this time. When they finally finish this deal, it should be a big fat apology spanning the entire length of the ice ending with the statement that they promise never to do this again.

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 10:44 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
I'm always a bit surprised when someone posts the idea that NOT playing will make us better, somehow, as if all the other teams don't have young players too.

But I have to admit, after eleven years of us "not playing" worth sh/it, not playing for real does have its merits. For one, it is less painful to watch. And two, I have more time to do other things than be mopey in-between games where the team didn't show up to play.
I did not speak based on hyperbole or empty dreams.... I saw what the Buffalo Sabres did after the 2005 strike.... The year off built that winner for at least one season, it could happen again.

Old
12-05-2012, 07:26 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Quote:
I did not speak based on hyperbole or empty dreams.... I saw what the Buffalo Sabres did after the 2005 strike.... The year off built that winner for at least one season, it could happen again.
Loved watching that team. Great roster full of still good players. But they had two good goalies and several top scorers who were not that young. The real story there is why they broke them up: small market.

Rory Fitzpatrick!

(Does anybody think another year will help Mason and solve our problems in goal? No, we'll come out of lockout with less money to spend.)

Old
12-05-2012, 02:47 PM
plong123
Litebrite Stinger

Quote:
(Does anybody think another year will help Mason and solve our problems in goal? No, we'll come out of lockout with less money to spend.)
Maybe that kid in Springfield turns himself from AHL Goalie of the Month or whatever into the real deal. Maybe he gains the confidence from leading a hopefully deep playoff run to be our guy next year. We really, REALLY need someone to take charge of that net!

Also: Hi guys. First time I've looked at the board in a while. My wife and I aren't missing the games as much as we thought we might. Kind of scary.

plong123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 07:06 PM
candyman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by plong123 View Post
Maybe that kid in Springfield turns himself from AHL Goalie of the Month or whatever into the real deal. Maybe he gains the confidence from leading a hopefully deep playoff run to be our guy next year. We really, REALLY need someone to take charge of that net!

Also: Hi guys. First time I've looked at the board in a while. My wife and I aren't missing the games as much as we thought we might. Kind of scary.
Well, McElhinney is older than our NHL goalies, so I don't know if it's right to call him a kid

candyman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 07:41 PM
Robert
Foligno family

Quote:
Originally Posted by plong123 View Post

Hey Plong..... in the end goaltending and QB are the key for NHL and NFL teams....

I have zero confidence in Mason, the reason is not his talent but rather his head, he has not shown me confidence or even the constitution to win... he blames everyone except himself.. If there was ever a prima donna it's Steve Mason...

Bob is not much better, that said, Davidson is not going to sit around and be embarrassed... Howson is now a mere puppet...

It worked…..

Old
12-06-2012, 12:17 AM
plong123
Litebrite Stinger

Quote:
It worked…..
Hey Robert. Gosh, I hope so!

plong123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 10:45 AM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
Coleman writes a letter to Bettman:

excerpt:

Quote:
We understand there are plenty of steps ahead before naming the host city for the next NHL All-Star Weekend including the determination of the next available year, conference realignment, the 2013 NHL Draft in Newark and the 2014 Winter Classic on New Years’ Day in Detroit and Ann Arbor.
We hope that you understand our urgency to regain the opportunity for Columbus to host one of the world’s best sporting events. We continue to work on holding space in our hotels, convention center and other venues for 2014 and 2015, and we will be ready to go when the League is ready.
Article with full transcript of the letter:

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/...n-you-are.html

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2013, 03:04 PM
KeithBWhittington
Going North

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperGenius View Post
Coleman writes a letter to Bettman:

excerpt:

Article with full transcript of the letter:

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/...n-you-are.html
Good job by the Mayor. Keep on Bettman and the old boys club that is the BoG and the league offices.

KeithBWhittington is offline   Reply With Quote