HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XVI

Closed Thread

Old
09-14-2012, 01:54 PM
Millhaus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
He was playing on the top pairing pretty much the whole year. He's not a top pairing defenseman, but he's a much better skater than Schultz, has more offense to his game, a good outlet pass and when healthy is close to Hamrlik. The mid pairing upgrade is pretty substantial, and with it the entire team.
If by top pairing you mean not the top pairing then I agree with you...

He was 4th in even strength ice time on their blueline, played no PK time, and was on the second PP unit. So yeah not the top pairing...

Old
09-14-2012, 02:00 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

He did see some time on the top pairing with Pietrangelo, but that was more of St. Louis trying everyone with Petro and seeing who stuck. Shattenkirk and Jackman also saw substantial time on the top pairing. Carlo is not a top pairing defenseman, nor did he spend "pretty much the whole year" there.

Old
09-14-2012, 02:31 PM
Halpysback

Pretty sure St. Louis ended up going with Cola-Petro, Jackman-Shattenkirk and Russel-Polak. And his defensive play is better than Schultz's even if he's not a DFD. Having another guy who can skate wouldn't hurt either. Blues let him go since Cole should be comparable now and better soon but Cole is no slouch himself.

Colaiacovo with Green or Carlson on the 2nd pairing, or even as Hamrlik insurance on the 3rd would have been an improvement even if not a world beating move. Honestly, he's better than Carle even if the numbers don't show it.

Old
09-14-2012, 02:49 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
Pretty sure St. Louis ended up going with Cola-Petro, Jackman-Shattenkirk and Russel-Polak...
He was last in even strength and total ice time amongst their blueliners in the playoffs so there is no way that is what they ended up going with...

Old
09-14-2012, 05:08 PM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Just heard Holtby and Orlov are two of 21 getting sent to Hershey ahead of the lockout. Am I in the wrong thread to read a discussion on that?

Old
09-14-2012, 05:17 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
He was last in even strength and total ice time amongst their blueliners in the playoffs so there is no way that is what they ended up going with...
I think that was due to Pietrangelo getting murderized in the 2nd round.

I remember Jackman-Shattenkirk being their de facto top pairing after the fact and getting abused horribly. I don't recall Russel or Polak separating. My guess is after Pietrangelo went down Colaiacovo went to the 3rd pairing because he wasn't better than anyone left except Russel and Cole, and Russel-Polak already had chemistry that wasn't worth breaking up for it.

Old
09-14-2012, 06:14 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 872
Cola was also benched/sheltered at times. Halpysback has the correct pairings.

Old
09-14-2012, 07:14 PM
Bure

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
Just heard Holtby and Orlov are two of 21 getting sent to Hershey ahead of the lockout. Am I in the wrong thread to read a discussion on that?
A bit going on in the Hershey thread.

Old
09-14-2012, 07:43 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
Good job George keeping him under 4M

Old
09-16-2012, 08:59 AM
fsnoles98

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
They need to play and if it not in too many games, atleast they will be practicing. Neither are All-Stars so what does it matter?

Old
11-20-2012, 10:31 AM
MW6

I was thinking a swap of Orlov + Galiev for Bjugstad + Petrovic would be benefitial for both the Capitals and the Panthers.

Orlov is a puckmoving D that the Panthers need and he is stuck behind Green and Carlson on the Caps depthchart. Galiev have had great chemistry with Huberdeau in St. John and left wing is one of the weaker positions of all their prospects.

Bjugstad has all the attributes for 2C, but isn't really there yet. Caps lacks a top prospect down the middle and with Johansson more and more looking like a winger, Bjugstad might be exactly what they need. Florida does have Weiss and Huberdeau to fill the centerpositions and might benefit from strengthening other positions.
Petrovic is a mean defensive D-man, also something lacking (sans Rissling) in the Caps system.

Fair for both sides?

Old
11-20-2012, 11:14 AM
IkeaMonkey*
HF Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW6 View Post
I was thinking a swap of Orlov + Galiev for Bjugstad + Petrovic would be benefitial for both the Capitals and the Panthers.

Orlov is a puckmoving D that the Panthers need and he is stuck behind Green and Carlson on the Caps depthchart. Galiev have had great chemistry with Huberdeau in St. John and left wing is one of the weaker positions of all their prospects.

Bjugstad has all the attributes for 2C, but isn't really there yet. Caps lacks a top prospect down the middle and with Johansson more and more looking like a winger, Bjugstad might be exactly what they need. Florida does have Weiss and Huberdeau to fill the centerpositions and might benefit from strengthening other positions.
Petrovic is a mean defensive D-man, also something lacking (sans Rissling) in the Caps system.

Fair for both sides?
Kulikov and Brian Campbell are pretty decent at moving the puck...while Gudbranson is green around the ears as well...

Old
11-21-2012, 12:25 PM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Wilson and Forsberg are NHL-ready.

Old
11-21-2012, 12:38 PM
txpd

i doubt that either of them are nhl ready.

Old
11-21-2012, 01:29 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
Nope.

e; I will amend this to say that I do think Wilson is "ready" to play in the NHL if all we wanted him to be was a 4th line banger. He would see little to no offensive development in that role, though.

Last edited by Hivemind: 11-21-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Old
11-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
If by ready you mean big and strong enough to not get physically dominated then sure but their games are not NHL ready...

Old
11-27-2012, 04:26 AM
Mr Gone
Green = Man of Glass

Trade Mike Green

Old
11-27-2012, 10:58 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

And Alex Semin. Oh, nervermind.

Old
11-27-2012, 04:49 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gone View Post
Trade Mike Green
Yes, trade him when his value is at an all time low and the only replacements we have ready in the system are marginal at best. Flawless plan!

Old
11-28-2012, 07:57 PM
Mr Gone
Green = Man of Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Yes, trade him when his value is at an all time low and the only replacements we have ready in the system are marginal at best. Flawless plan!
It was more of a joke then anything else. Its what I have I have been saying over and over for 4+ years now. We held on to him way to long and now we just have to hope he can be even close to player he was. I don't think there is any need for me to say how I feel that will play out.

Old
11-29-2012, 03:42 PM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
And Alex Semin. Oh, nervermind.
Semin out of NHL this year: ill, absent, injured, ineffective, poor stats. I think he's not interested...

Anyway, not even close to that hype about Ovie/Kovy/Malkin/Datsyuk which is the main theme in Russia's hockey now. Semin is unheard.

Old
12-09-2012, 04:59 AM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raikkonen View Post
Semin out of NHL this year: ill, absent, injured, ineffective, poor stats. I think he's not interested...

Anyway, not even close to that hype about Ovie/Kovy/Malkin/Datsyuk which is the main theme in Russia's hockey now. Semin is unheard.
But when Evander Kane ***** himself its because he's too North American and loves the NHL too much, etc.

Also how does being ill + injured = not interested? Crosby must have been the least interested player in the NHL the last 2 years then.

Old
12-09-2012, 11:28 AM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
But when Evander Kane ***** himself its because he's too North American and loves the NHL too much, etc.
No, it's because he's black. (I'm only half being sarcastic actually. If that is why, though, it's for cultural, not genetic, reasons.)

Old
12-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

Quote:
Also how does being ill + injured = not interested?
not interested = my impression after reading russian press (and he was absent on his own press conference)

Old
12-09-2012, 04:54 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

As long as we are talking about Semin, he is currently 2+7 and -6 in 13 GP for Torpedo.

Closed Thread