11-27-2012, 11:05 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
The only reason I liked Ryback vs. Titus O'Neil is because of the comedy from the PTP. They're honestly great and I hope they get the tag team championships soon. But it's typical WWE. Someone has a FANTASTIC showing last week (Titus O'Neil on commentary) and he gets squashed a in few minutes the week later. You're not allowed to get over by yourself anymore.

I think it's very simple. You book Ziggler to win by taking advantage of John Cena's injury, and it builds up to fans wanting to see Cena get his comeuppance at TLC against Ziggler. Ziggler goes into the match with the momentum from the win over Cena on Raw, and the fans want to see Cena gets his revenge. You have the match at TLC, and AJ screws John Cena and Ziggler wins. Ziggler and AJ are revealed to have been going at it all along, and later in the night, Ziggler cashes in.

If I'm the casual fan, Cena defeats another guy and that's that. There's no further reason to watch. Cena won, cleanly, with a bad knee. Now they're going to try to sell us on a rematch at TLC.

I think it's going to be revealed that they're only protecting CM Punk for Paul Heyman. Eventually, I think it'll be THAT that fuels a Seth Rollins face turn and leads to a potential Ambrose vs. Rollins match at WrestleMania or Extreme Rules (after a WWE vs. NXT match).
So much good in this post that I don't even know where to begin.

1) Agree about O'neil. He was a highlight on the broadcast last week and squashed this week. It would have been fine for both guys to jump in and hit a tag-team move on Ryback for the DQ. Then Ryback could have gotten on the mic and went off about consistently getting double/triple/etc. teamed.

2) Ziggler and AJ working together would be great. It could also lead to Vicki going crazy and hitting AJ to get canned and make way for the real GM.

3) The NXT guys being aligned with Heyman is what should happen. Punk doesn't need a mouth-piece and those 3 could really benefit from Heyman. Rollins, especially. That can keep them aligned with Punk but not in his shadows. It gives Heyman more time to keep doing his thing and the three guys will take off. It makes perfect sense.

Old
11-27-2012, 11:09 AM
Dean Ambrose
I AM A MERCENARY

vCash: 133
newzzzz!

- One of the major reasons that Vince McMahon has been supportive of CM Punk keeping the WWE Title for so long is because of The Rock. McMahon was said to be very supportive of CM Punk holding on to the title at Survivor Series because he's worried if the title gets put on someone different, The Rock might have an issue with it.

CM Punk vs. Rock at Royal Rumble has been teased since the summer and is something The Rock agreed to do. Vince reportedly doesn't want to upset The Rock by changing things last minute regarding the creative plans for 2013.

Credit: F4Wonline.com via wrestlezone.com

- While there is no confirmation at this time, there has been talk of inserting Vickie Guerrerro's job and or Dolph Ziggler's Money in the Bank briefcase into the feud between Ziggler and John Cena. The two are still expected to face off at the TLC PPV.

Credit: PWInsider.com via wrestlezone.com

- According to F4Wonline.com, WWE officials have high hopes for the success of Johnny Curtis, who is playing the new character of Fandango.

- A source close to WWE developmental was under the impression that something changed with TNA's lawsuit against WWE last week as Ric Flair was in Florida telling people that he felt better than he had in a long time and he was ready to get back to working with WWE again. We noted last week that Flair was in town visiting his daughter, NXT Diva Charlotte, and apparently he was also in town for some kind of sports convention. (lordsofpain)

I never thought I was a bad person. I just thought I was the one good person living in a world of bad people.
Old
11-27-2012, 11:25 AM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

vCash: 50
Quote:
I think it's very simple. You book Ziggler to win by taking advantage of John Cena's injury, and it builds up to fans wanting to see Cena get his comeuppance at TLC against Ziggler. Ziggler goes into the match with the momentum from the win over Cena on Raw, and the fans want to see Cena gets his revenge. You have the match at TLC, and AJ screws John Cena and Ziggler wins. Ziggler and AJ are revealed to have been going at it all along, and later in the night, Ziggler cashes in.
Completely agreed, but when is the last time a heel has been booked strong going into a PPV? Prime example, the last image of Raw before Survivor Series was Cena and Ryback playing tug of war with the WWE Championship while Punk looked on helpless in the background.

I also felt like they should've waited on Ziggler/Cena 1on1 until TLC and give the fans that payoff then. Let Ziggler keep taking shots at Cena and his knee until Cena DEMANDS a match with Ziggler at TLC. Instead, Cena wins clean last night and, as you said, there is no reason for the casual fan to want to see them again at TLC.

Old
11-27-2012, 11:29 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Punk should hold that thing til Wrestlemania. I'm really buying the length of the reign now. I love it. I also, with an unpopular thought, think Cena should go over at WM. He's lost so many times clean to Punk that it's been ridiculous. Punk (c) vs. Rock vs. Cena. Cena finally takes over and has that "moment" at Wrestlemania. It would be amazing.

I can't wait til 381. That is a serious huge moment for WWE.

Old
11-27-2012, 11:59 AM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColePens View Post
I also, with an unpopular thought, think Cena should go over at WM. He's lost so many times clean to Punk that it's been ridiculous. Punk (c) vs. Rock vs. Cena. Cena finally takes over and has that "moment" at Wrestlemania. It would be amazing.
If Cena goes over at WM, I sure hope it's by him pinning/submitting the Rock. He's part time and his character really has nothing to lose by taking the fall and would put a sense of finality on their feud that's been going on since 2011. Punk has only won 1 non-MITB match at WM and that was last year against Jericho which was overshadowed by Rock/Cena. Personally, I would rather see the "moment" go to Punk than Cena but as big a Punk fan as I am, I just don't see that happening.

Also, I really don't feel like Punk has gone over "clean" against Cena in the past. Punk won their MITB 2011 match arguably due to distraction by McMahon/Laurinitus. Punk won SummerSlam 2011 "clean" with HHH missing Cena's foot on the ropes. Punk retained at Night of Champions this year because of a double pinfall. I guess clean to me is winning the match by pinfall/submission with no outside interference/distraction and Punk just hasn't done that against Cena. Punk may have gotten the better of Cena in these matches but I don't feel it's been entirely clean.

Old
11-27-2012, 12:03 PM
Dean Ambrose
I AM A MERCENARY

I really don't know how you can have Raw house shows without a WWE Championship match for two months if you put the championship on The Rock. I truly think CM Punk retains the WWE Championship at the Royal Rumble and we see Punk/Taker and Cena/Rock at WrestleMania.

Apparently, 'Taker's agreed to a high profile match this year for WrestleMania 29. HHH/Brock are occupied with each other it seems and Cena/Rock is the obvious rematch to have Cena go over, which leaves Punk, the WWE Champion, as the odd man out. It has to be Taker/Punk.

Old
11-27-2012, 12:25 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 118
Taker's "high profile" match will probably be against heel Big Show or something stupid.

Old
11-27-2012, 12:43 PM
RussianRocket10

Punk vs Taker seems like a bad idea.

Old
11-27-2012, 12:47 PM
Dean Ambrose
I AM A MERCENARY

I think it's perfect, IMO.

CM Punk can defeat Ryback at TLC and then defeat The Rock at the Royal Rumble and claim people still aren't respecting him. Have Undertaker win the Rumble and then have Punk start to BEG The Undertaker to challenge him at WrestleMania for the WWE Championship so Punk can earn everyone's respect in the biggest way: defeating The Undertaker at WrestleMania, ending the streak, and keeping the WWE Championship.

Punk's reign goes 507 days (my number may be off slightly) before he loses the championship.

Old
11-27-2012, 12:58 PM
kanuck87

Quote:
so Punk can earn everyone's respect in the biggest way: defeating The Undertaker at WrestleMania, ending the streak,
Umm, no.

I'd rather have Cena end the streak than Punk. At least Cena has earned that honour. Punk has had one long title reign, big whoop.

Old
11-27-2012, 12:58 PM
Dean Ambrose
I AM A MERCENARY

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuck87 View Post
Umm, no.

I'd rather have Cena end the streak than Punk. At least Cena has earned that honour. Punk has had one long title reign, big whoop.
Who said Punk is ending the streak? I'm talking about the BUILD UP, not the match. No one should ever end the streak.

Don't take one part of the post and quote it, read the entire thing.

Old
11-27-2012, 01:00 PM
RussianRocket10

Yeah but either Punk ends the streak or you have a WWE champion that shows up once a year.

Old
11-27-2012, 01:03 PM
Dean Ambrose
I AM A MERCENARY

Or you have Undertaker retire the next night on top like Edge did.

Or, Undertaker works one more month and loses the title back to Punk at Extreme Rules.

Old
11-27-2012, 01:03 PM
kanuck87

Quote:
Who said Punk is ending the streak? I'm talking about the BUILD UP, not the match. No one should ever end the streak.

Don't take one part of the post and quote it, read the entire thing.
Your message implied that Punk would be ending the streak.

Old
11-27-2012, 01:04 PM
Xenophobia Catalyst
Legendary

vCash: 3073
Quote:
I think it's perfect, IMO.

CM Punk can defeat Ryback at TLC and then defeat The Rock at the Royal Rumble and claim people still aren't respecting him. Have Undertaker win the Rumble and then have Punk start to BEG The Undertaker to challenge him at WrestleMania for the WWE Championship so Punk can earn everyone's respect in the biggest way: defeating The Undertaker at WrestleMania, ending the streak, and keeping the WWE Championship.

Punk's reign goes 507 days (my number may be off slightly) before he loses the championship.
From and including: Sunday, November 20, 2011
To, but not including : Sunday, April 7, 2013

It is 504 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date

Or 1 year, 4 months, 18 days excluding the end date

Alternative time units
504 days can be converted to one of these units:
■43,545,600 seconds
■725,760 minutes
■12,096 hours
■72 weeks

Old
11-27-2012, 01:08 PM
Dean Ambrose
I AM A MERCENARY

I really hope Punk hits the 500 mark.

Old
11-27-2012, 01:40 PM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

Not sure that I'd be a fan of Taker/Punk at Mania but that's mostly because I'm a huge Punk fan and that would be a guaranteed loss for him

Quote:
Your message implied that Punk would be ending the streak.
The part that you quoted was from Punk's POV. He would say he is going to end the streak to truly earn everyone's respect. The next line of VM's original post that you quoted even said that Punk's title reign ends at 507 days meaning he loses to Taker at Mania.

Old
11-27-2012, 01:51 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

I'd really like to see Cesaro cut a serious heel promo. Coming out every night and calling Americans fat is a good way to get cheap heat from the fans, but it's not going to get him anywhere long term.

Clearly he's got the ring skills to go to the next level, I'd like to see what he could do with a mic and 10 minutes.

Old
11-27-2012, 02:06 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

Jim Ross @JRsBBQ

England's @WadeBarrett stood out on commentary tonight on #RAW. Stellar..he gets it. Push comfort zone boys aside & go to the top. #WWE

Mick Foley @realMickFoley

You have no idea how relieved I am to see @TheDeanAmbrose on #RAW. He's going to be a major player in @WWE for a long time to come.

Old
11-27-2012, 03:21 PM
Dean Ambrose
I AM A MERCENARY

Daniel Bryan ‏@WWEDanielBryan
Hmmm... I smell corruption! "This week: #WWEBryan 585 - 408 #WWEKane http://hashtagbattle.com/#battle/w/%...yan/%23WWEKane … via @hashtagbattle

shield against injustice. Maybe it all ties together...

Old
11-27-2012, 03:26 PM
The Man in White

vCash: 126
Quote:
I hope so, because this angle has a lot of potential and it would be wasted by being aligned with Punk. Also, they kind of just look like a faction that blurs between face and heel, but more towards face.
The thing that gives it away for me is Lawler keeps pushing that the Shield is working for Punk. They wouldn't make it that obvious if they plan to align them with Punk. Unless creative is that stupid....wait, nevermind.

Old
11-27-2012, 03:29 PM
Dean Ambrose
I AM A MERCENARY

The Rock is leading The Shield. The Shield is protecting Punk until the Rumble so Rock can have Punk all to himself.

Old
11-27-2012, 03:37 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
Quote:
The Rock is leading The Shield. The Shield is protecting Punk until the Rumble so Rock can have Punk all to himself.

Pure...utter...GENIUS!

Old
11-27-2012, 03:50 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 106
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Quote:

That would be an insane unpredicted idea!

Old
11-27-2012, 03:56 PM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

if Taker beats Punk at Mania...then retires on top...theeeennnnnnnnnnnn we get King of the Ring tourneyment for Title!!!!

Closed Thread