Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Halifax Mooseheads 2012-13 Season

Closed Thread

Old
11-21-2012, 11:07 PM
Killahpunk
Legend

vCash: 0
Val-d’Or Foreurs forward Vincent Dunn has been suspended for two games for inappropriate comments he directed at Halifax Mooseheads co-captain Trey Lewis during a contest Sunday in Halifax.

Old
11-23-2012, 10:17 PM
Killahpunk
Legend

Defenceman Konrad Abeltshauser will miss the next 2-4 weeks with a broken bone in his wrist.

Nice win tonight against CB. Both goalies were good. Nice loud crowd at the Metro Centre too. 12 Wins in a row on home ice!

Old
11-23-2012, 10:51 PM
Libbs

vCash: 500
Fucale was really sharp tonight, especially in the 1st period.

The Fournier/Andrews/Ryan line is devastating! Just a nasty combination of skill, speed and toughness.

It's amazing the plays Nate can make at full speed. Just so effortless...reminds of of watching Taylor Hall.

The officiating tonight was brutal... so many times you were left scratching your head at the non calls.

Loved the energy at the Metro tonight. The crowd was pumped all night. Nice touch with the organ player. I want that 9yo to teach me how to dance! lol That kid had some moves. Even the players were transfixed on the video screen during the segment.

Old
11-23-2012, 11:44 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
Fucale was really sharp tonight, especially in the 1st period.

The Fournier/Andrews/Ryan line is devastating! Just a nasty combination of skill, speed and toughness.

It's amazing the plays Nate can make at full speed. Just so effortless...reminds of of watching Taylor Hall.

The officiating tonight was brutal... so many times you were left scratching your head at the non calls.

Loved the energy at the Metro tonight. The crowd was pumped all night. Nice touch with the organ player. I want that 9yo to teach me how to dance! lol That kid had some moves. Even the players were transfixed on the video screen during the segment.
Fucale has had some of his best games this week, nice to see him improving his %.

The 3rd line is a truly great line. They can cycle the puck with the best in the league and Ryan has really come into his own this season... Andrews and Fournier are big two-way forwards to complete it.... Best 3rd line in the league and maybe the biggest?

The reffing; typically performance lol. What can ya do, we won so I'll tend to forget the constant missed calls by the refs.

We're averaging over 8300 per game and thanks to this...
http://chlcluster.leaguestat.com/dow...011-11-23.html

One year ago today we were averaging 6200.... There's a lot of buzz around the city about the team, which is bad because the line-ups are dreadful lol

Old
11-24-2012, 01:33 AM
Claude The Fraud
Win at any cost

Hi guys.

I'm just wondering if Sawyer Hannay could steal one the spot of Steve Gillard as an overager? Thanks!

Old
11-24-2012, 06:41 AM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude The Fraud View Post
Hi guys.

I'm just wondering if Sawyer Hannay could steal one the spot of Steve Gillard as an overager? Thanks!
Not a chance. Gillard is a machine... Great skater, good hands and is hitting everyone in sight. I doubt Hannay sees any game action.

Old
11-25-2012, 02:21 PM
Killahpunk
Legend

The Boys seem to be asleep so far this afternoon down 3-0 in the 2nd. Hopefully Nate, Jo, and Frk can get it going in the 3rd.

Old
11-25-2012, 03:11 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 872
Hi guys.

Sorry for bothering you again but again about Frk; do you think he's ready for AHL next year and it would be better for he's development than staying at Halifax.

We have some kids coming over to AHL next year and basically have already like 7 or 8 guys who should get top 6 minutes. So either we are loaning them trading them or keeping them at juniors, and personally I think it wouldn't be that bad for Frk to stay another year at juniors.

Obviously you may be bit biased but would still appreciate your opinion .

Nice to see you doing great btw, hoping a long run for you guys and esp. Frk ofc.

Old
11-25-2012, 04:01 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Hi guys.

Sorry for bothering you again but again about Frk; do you think he's ready for AHL next year and it would be better for he's development than staying at Halifax.

We have some kids coming over to AHL next year and basically have already like 7 or 8 guys who should get top 6 minutes. So either we are loaning them trading them or keeping them at juniors, and personally I think it wouldn't be that bad for Frk to stay another year at juniors.

Nice to see you doing great btw, hoping a long run for you guys and esp. Frk ofc.
I don't see Frk being sent back to junior next year. He's a high NHL draft pick and he'll play AHL or go pro in Europe.

Old
11-25-2012, 04:52 PM
RJQuack

I don't think he'll go to Europe...

Old
11-25-2012, 05:14 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
Hi guys.

He'll be playing in the AHL next season.

Old
11-25-2012, 05:17 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxDucks View Post
I don't think he'll go to Europe...
If he isn't in the AHL, he will bolt... most of them do. Imports know they can make money playing pro in Europe. 6 figures in Europe or $100/week in Junior?

No comments on today's game? lol Got shut out 3-0... meh, it happens from time to time. Some nights you just don't have it.

Old
11-25-2012, 09:13 PM
RJQuack

We lost

Panic!

Back at er on Friday and Sunday against two mid-pack (one beat us) teams.

Old
11-25-2012, 10:20 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
We lost

Panic!

Back at er on Friday and Sunday against two mid-pack (one beat us) teams.
To be fair, you guys didn't play brutal by any means. We just came out and wanted it big time. Fucale had a great game. Frk certainly picked it up since last season as well. Gazzola is a steady dman and an excellent addition for free. Ciampini was okay too.I was very surprised MacKinnnon and Drouin didn't even get a shot on goal!

Old
11-25-2012, 11:20 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
To be fair, you guys didn't play brutal by any means. We just came out and wanted it big time. Fucale had a great game. Frk certainly picked it up since last season as well. Gazzola is a steady dman and an excellent addition for free. Ciampini was okay too.I was very surprised MacKinnnon and Drouin didn't even get a shot on goal!
Yeah that's some great work by Racine... sounds like he's becoming #1 in Moncton... Really wish you guys sucked some more so we could get him at the deadline lol. Fucale looked like the only one who wanted to play...

How was Weegar? You mentioned Gazzola who I've been very impressed with, but Weegar has improved tons in the month of November.... His game is like a PMD who is very patient with the puck, so I hope he keeps it up.

Old
11-26-2012, 10:56 AM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Yeah that's some great work by Racine... sounds like he's becoming #1 in Moncton... Really wish you guys sucked some more so we could get him at the deadline lol. Fucale looked like the only one who wanted to play...

How was Weegar? You mentioned Gazzola who I've been very impressed with, but Weegar has improved tons in the month of November.... His game is like a PMD who is very patient with the puck, so I hope he keeps it up.
I was kind of surprised with Weegar. I hade him pegged at a PMD but found he play a physical stay at home game in Moncton. Maybe it was just because of the tempo/style of the game ?? What's your take on him and his style..

Old
11-26-2012, 10:25 PM
kalvincline

Quote:
I was kind of surprised with Weegar. I hade him pegged at a PMD but found he play a physical stay at home game in Moncton. Maybe it was just because of the tempo/style of the game ?? What's your take on him and his style..
Maybe it's just me but I think Weegar has exceeded expectations. He has a great deal of patience with the puck (sometimes a little too much but rarely gets burned). He has no fear during scrums in front of Fucale and he's dropped the gloves a few times. I get the feeling he wants to fight more to improve that part of his game. He has the skill to carry the puck and his confidence seems to double from game to game. Frequent pinches but they're well timed and his defensive zone play is adequate.

Weegar and Gazolla are fantastic pickups. Their offensive ability is above average and they'll be in the top 2 pair next year. Gazolla reminds me of a 2011-12 KA.

Now, here's where I go a little too far...I think Gazolla deserves some credit for the Moose success on the PP. "Kalvin you're crazy!" you say. He started doing something no Moose D has done since I've followed them over the last 4 or 5 years. Shoot from the point on the PP and it seems to be contagious. When he gets the puck at the point with a shooting lane he takes the shot before the defender takes it away. I notice opposition PK respect the shot from the point now which KA lost 2 seasons ago with his patent half-hearted 'fake shot - pass'. It gives the low man an extra second...and when that's Nate and Drouin you're in trouble. I know Frk's born again attitude change has had the biggest statistical impact but that only happened 8-10 games ago after he figured out the world isn't against him and although there is 'ME' in team, it's in his best interest to learn how to play on one.

Old
11-26-2012, 11:20 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
He's a physical PMD who is very calm and confident with the puck for a first year player. He's getting better at not being caught pinching at a bad time lately, compared to the beginning...

Great value for a 9th rounder IMO

Old
11-26-2012, 11:28 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalvincline View Post
Maybe it's just me but I think Weegar has exceeded expectations. He has a great deal of patience with the puck (sometimes a little too much but rarely gets burned). He has no fear during scrums in front of Fucale and he's dropped the gloves a few times. I get the feeling he wants to fight more to improve that part of his game. He has the skill to carry the puck and his confidence seems to double from game to game. Frequent pinches but they're well timed and his defensive zone play is adequate.
Describes what I think of Weegar. He was willing to fight a lot in Ontario and he's shown that here.

Quote:
Now, here's where I go a little too far...I think Gazolla deserves some credit for the Moose success on the PP. "Kalvin you're crazy!" you say. He started doing something no Moose D has done since I've followed them over the last 4 or 5 years. Shoot from the point on the PP and it seems to be contagious. When he gets the puck at the point with a shooting lane he takes the shot before the defender takes it away. I notice opposition PK respect the shot from the point now which KA lost 2 seasons ago with his patent half-hearted 'fake shot - pass'. It gives the low man an extra second...and when that's Nate and Drouin you're in trouble. I know Frk's born again attitude change has had the biggest statistical impact but that only happened 8-10 games ago after he figured out the world isn't against him and although there is 'ME' in team, it's in his best interest to learn how to play on one.
This also fits my opinion of Gazzola to a T.
What impresses me about Gazzola, more-so than Weegar, is his patience with the puck. He never panics around the puck and rarely makes a bad play or turnover with it.... Really close to KA in terms of overall two way play, but not as good... Which is fine for a 19yo FA lol... Wish he played with a bit of a mean streak.

Old
11-27-2012, 02:01 PM
Claude The Fraud
Win at any cost

Beside Abeltshauser, does Halifax have any puck moving defenseman?

Who's playing the point on the power-play?

Wich defenseman should they be targetting at the trade deadline?

Old
11-27-2012, 02:13 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:

Durepos. He unlike others available is a considerable upgrade over Gillard...

Old
11-27-2012, 02:25 PM
Claude The Fraud
Win at any cost

Quote:
Durepos. He unlike others available is a considerable upgrade over Gillard...
Pretty agree with you. Durepos his not the flashiest defenseman, but he get the job done.

Also, what about Kevin Gagné instead of Durepos? Wouldn't you need another puck moving defenseman?

I've missed the Moose's game in Rimouski this year, so I've not seen play Randy Gazzolla, maybe he's a puck moving defenseman. Is he?

Old
11-27-2012, 02:59 PM
ClemQ

Quote:
Pretty agree with you. Durepos his not the flashiest defenseman, but he get the job done.

Also, what about Kevin Gagné instead of Durepos? Wouldn't you need another puck moving defenseman?

I've missed the Moose's game in Rimouski this year, so I've not seen play Randy Gazzolla, maybe he's a puck moving defenseman. Is he?

Durepos is not Great at any one thing, but is good at everything. I have him going to either Moncton, or Halifax. I would put my money that he wants to be in moncton, and, like many SJ players, he has a no trade deal with SJ, so he will decide where he goes if anywhere.

Old
11-27-2012, 03:08 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
Durepos is not Great at any one thing, but is good at everything. I have him going to either Moncton, or Halifax. I would put my money that he wants to be in moncton, and, like many SJ players, he has a no trade deal with SJ, so he will decide where he goes if anywhere.
He's 100% not going to Moncton, and Halifax may push Gillard if need be..

Old
11-27-2012, 03:09 PM
RJQuack

Quote:

Weegar and Gazzola.

I'd like to target Oligny or a stay at home D.

Closed Thread