HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Minnesota Wild
Notices

Finnish People, Question(s)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-27-2012, 02:06 PM
  #26
Juzmo
rip
 
Juzmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Finland
Posts: 37,168
vCash: 6969
Quote:
Originally Posted by G letsundresse View Post
Find juzmo
No need, I will find him.

Juzmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 02:31 PM
  #27
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Country: Ireland
Posts: 10,756
vCash: 16145
Holy crap, we have an HF celebrity in the house.

Victorious Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 02:40 PM
  #28
Tuomaz
Registered User
 
Tuomaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Cape Verde
Posts: 4,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzmo View Post
No need, I will find him.
That is not creepy at all.

Tuomaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 03:18 PM
  #29
Sharppi
Nothing to see here
 
Sharppi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,613
vCash: 500
I would love a HF meet to happen in Finland with whoever can attend. Not like I'd have the will to organize a such thingy but would be cool. Okay leering slightly off-topic here.

Sharppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 03:20 PM
  #30
Generic User
Dynamic as they come
 
Generic User's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Twin Cities
Country: United States
Posts: 6,567
vCash: 500
HF meet up in Finland? I'm down.


Generic User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 03:54 PM
  #31
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,848
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharppi View Post
I would love a HF meet to happen in Finland with whoever can attend. Not like I'd have the will to organize a such thingy but would be cool. Okay leering slightly off-topic here.
Nah, this is still somewhat related.

I'd suggest meeting up at some easy location, like Helsinki central railway station (well before a game starts), going to the game, enjoy the game with people who actually know something about hockey and maybe go for a pint or two at whatever pub's the closest.

Nothing too fancy, just an evening of beer and hockey, since it's awesome.

Puhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 04:52 PM
  #32
Jacques The Mayor
Registered User
 
Jacques The Mayor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: wastings mn
Country: United States
Posts: 445
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juzmo View Post
No need, I will find him.
Take him to a bath house.

Jacques The Mayor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 04:55 PM
  #33
Haite
x
 
Haite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 3,863
vCash: 2465
Quote:
Originally Posted by Generic User View Post
HF meet up in Finland? I'm down.

You don't wear towels in sauna.

Haite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 03:22 AM
  #34
MMANumminen
Registered User
 
MMANumminen's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Arctic Circle
Country: Finland
Posts: 623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyratoku View Post
Just curious, but do Finnish people have a snowmobile brand that they prefer? is it a local brand, or do you guys import stuff from over here? Like Polaris or Artic Cat?

Polaris and Artic Cat both were started in Minnesota, about 30-45 minutes from each other in pretty small towns. Polaris from a town with a lot of Finnish and Swedish ancestors, and Artic Cat from a town that has a lot of Germans and Fins.

Thought it would be interesting if you guys imported from some of your off-shoot descendants
I prefer Lynx, it is local brand. But people aslo have Polari, Ski-Doo, AC, Yamaha etc

MMANumminen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 08:18 AM
  #35
TZM
Par too easy
 
TZM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kerava
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,183
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Goldshadow View Post
Nah, this is still somewhat related.

I'd suggest meeting up at some easy location, like Helsinki central railway station (well before a game starts), going to the game, enjoy the game with people who actually know something about hockey and maybe go for a pint or two at whatever pub's the closest.

Nothing too fancy, just an evening of beer and hockey, since it's awesome.
Sounds cool. Awesome avatar btw.

TZM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 08:51 AM
  #36
BigT2002
Registered User
 
BigT2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: some other continent
Country: United States
Posts: 12,490
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Goldshadow View Post
Nah, this is still somewhat related.

I'd suggest meeting up at some easy location, like Helsinki central railway station (well before a game starts), going to the game, enjoy the game with people who actually know something about hockey and maybe go for a pint or two at whatever pub's the closest.

Nothing too fancy, just an evening of beer and hockey, since it's awesome.
I'm certainly game guys. As I said, my dates are pretty firm (namely because my birthday is on the 20th of February) so it would be around that timeframe.

Is WiFi pretty much everywhere around the city? I know in Moldova the saving grace for us was getting on a hotspot and pulling up the maps and everything else while we were there. Only reason I don't think we got lost was I had access to Google Maps

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 09:10 AM
  #37
Sharppi
Nothing to see here
 
Sharppi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
I'm certainly game guys. As I said, my dates are pretty firm (namely because my birthday is on the 20th of February) so it would be around that timeframe.

Is WiFi pretty much everywhere around the city? I know in Moldova the saving grace for us was getting on a hotspot and pulling up the maps and everything else while we were there. Only reason I don't think we got lost was I had access to Google Maps
Yeah, there are quite a lot of open Wifis around the Helsinki area. Almost every bar/coffee shop/restaurant has an open wifi, much of the government buildings also. It's really nice.

16.02.2013 La 17.00 Jokerit - KalPa.

This is my proposal. Hartwall Areena Helsinki is the stage for this match of two top teams of the SM-Liiga. You also get to see Teuvo Teräväinen, & Artturi Lehkonen, the electrifying youngsters.

Sharppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 11:41 AM
  #38
W75
Wegistewed Usew
 
W75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 3,487
vCash: 50
Meeting hmmm...is it in our control? Or... do we just see each other at certain place at the same time because Juzmo allows it to happen..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
...Is WiFi pretty much everywhere around the city?...
Well, it depends..

W75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 12:20 PM
  #39
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,848
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharppi View Post
Yeah, there are quite a lot of open Wifis around the Helsinki area. Almost every bar/coffee shop/restaurant has an open wifi, much of the government buildings also. It's really nice.

16.02.2013 La 17.00 Jokerit - KalPa.

This is my proposal. Hartwall Areena Helsinki is the stage for this match of two top teams of the SM-Liiga. You also get to see Teuvo Teräväinen, & Artturi Lehkonen, the electrifying youngsters.
But...but... It's a Jokerit game...



Okay, screw it, I'm in. Will be actually nice to watch a game as a neutral.

Puhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 09:00 AM
  #40
BigT2002
Registered User
 
BigT2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: some other continent
Country: United States
Posts: 12,490
vCash: 50
Flight is booked

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2012, 10:46 PM
  #41
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,848
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
Flight is booked
Great!

You'll fly to Helsinki-Vantaa, right?

Puhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 04:30 AM
  #42
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,848
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Oh, and I suggest taking a day trip to Tallinn, if you have the time. It's really close (40 miles) from Helsinki, the cruises are quite cheap, they use the same currency (Euro) as Finland and you can buy tax-free stuff from the boat.

Of course, the overnight trips are more fun because, well, everyone is drunk and it's a great way to get an insight on Finnish culture.

Puhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 01:21 PM
  #43
LSnow
Registered User
 
LSnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Goldshadow View Post
Oh, and I suggest taking a day trip to Tallinn, if you have the time. It's really close (40 miles) from Helsinki, the cruises are quite cheap, they use the same currency (Euro) as Finland and you can buy tax-free stuff from the boat.

Of course, the overnight trips are more fun because, well, everyone is drunk and it's a great way to get an insight on Finnish culture.
I was going to suggest that too . There isnt that much to do in Finland during winter, unless you visit some ski-resort, but exploring Helsinki and visiting Tallinn is probably the best option.

LSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2012, 06:18 PM
  #44
urho
Registered User
 
urho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oulu
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,674
vCash: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell Goldshadow View Post
Of course, the overnight trips are more fun because, well, everyone is drunk and it's a great way to get an insight on Finnish culture.
Oh, please. In general, we're not that disgusting... Suomalaiset känniääliöt, hyi vittu.

urho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 01:09 AM
  #45
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,848
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by urho View Post
Oh, please. In general, we're not that disgusting... Suomalaiset känniääliöt, hyi vittu.
They're bordering on that fine line between hilarious and disgusting. Usually, it's the latter.

Puhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 02:18 AM
  #46
goodoldhockeygame
Registered User
 
goodoldhockeygame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Bahamas
Posts: 162
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
Flight is booked
Hotel: Scandic Simonkenttä: Great hotel with perfect location next to kamppi.

And you are in the centre of nightlife. There are lots of bars. or you can Go to clubs like
"the tiger" (just a few steps away of simonkenttä), Onnela, etc. The nightlife is great.

If you dont find anything just ask the you people on the streets.

goodoldhockeygame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 02:21 AM
  #47
Puhis
@Puhis46
 
Puhis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Espoo, Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 8,848
vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lassse34 View Post
Hotel: Scandic Simonkenttä: Great hotel with perfect location next to kamppi.

And you are in the centre of nightlife. There are lots of bars. or you can Go to clubs like
"the tiger" (just a few steps away of simonkenttä), Onnela, etc. The nightlife is great.

If you dont find anything just ask the you people on the streets.
Tiger and Onnela? No. Just... No.

Puhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 04:40 AM
  #48
muuska
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Helsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 112
vCash: 500
Haha, Tiger and Onnela

muuska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-03-2012, 04:43 AM
  #49
Victorious Secret
Dr. Chuck Evil
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Country: Ireland
Posts: 10,756
vCash: 16145
Aha. Tiger and Onnela. So bad.

I wanna fit in with the fins. I have no idea what I'm talking about.

Victorious Secret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 06:01 AM
  #50
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3
 
SphinX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Country: Norway
Posts: 1,521
vCash: 500
I just came home from a 4 day trip to Helsinki.

I have one weekend trip to Helsinki each winter..

I always stay at Sokos Presidentti which is a good and cheap place in the middle of the city..

Favorite place to drink is clearly molly malones imo

Best city in the world, i tell ya...

(ps: finnish girls are HOT!)

SphinX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.