HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Eller to play in Europe (signs with Jyväskylä JYP)

Old
11-27-2012, 02:44 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingNuck View Post
Im sure you have seen this, it's pretty old..

He talks about him and his wife, and also a coming baby
You can clearly hear he is beyond his age in mentality.
He's such an old soul, speaks like a wise veteran. You could definitely say that Anne-Marie was mirin' hard.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 03:25 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Eric Cole seems to be doing a great job educating them on the situation unlike whoever is relaying info to hamrlik. Cole would be a perfect captain for the habs when gionta is gone.
The same Cole who threatened to quit hockey if the CBA doesn't go his way and claims to be all about the future when he gets a nice bonus either way this year? Yeah, real hero there.

Eller on twitter and this interview has badmouthed the owners too but he's rational and articulate, and doesn't attack others who disagree with him.

And Cole is actually a year older than Gionta. No way should he be captain over Gorges and Plekanec, or even Pacioretty.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 07:39 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
The same Cole who threatened to quit hockey if the CBA doesn't go his way and claims to be all about the future when he gets a nice bonus either way this year? Yeah, real hero there.

Eller on twitter and this interview has badmouthed the owners too but he's rational and articulate, and doesn't attack others who disagree with him.

And Cole is actually a year older than Gionta. No way should he be captain over Gorges and Plekanec, or even Pacioretty.
Cole is obviously the only one who gets a bonus in the NHL. He negotiated for that because he knew a lockout was coming and you would rather he did what with it exactly? Give it back to the owners?

You obviously don't understand what being in a union and presenting a united front means. Know a lot of players who call out teammates during the season? It is the same thing. If Hamrlik is too stupid to keep his dissent to himself while the players are trying to negotiate he deserves whatever he gets called.

Coles age means nothing and he could probably play for another 5 years but don't let that get in the way of you choosing your "favoritest playor!" for captain. It is about leadership and mentorship. Pacioretty!

The team chose Cole to represent them so that holds a little more water than your "but Eller speaks so nicely, he smart!"

OneSharpMarble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 07:55 PM
Andy

Why should Hamrlik keep his dissent to himself? The man can say what he wants. Funny thing is, people to discredit what he said (Cole included) attack his as a person rather than what he actually said which is largely true.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 08:15 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

This is not the lockout thread.

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 09:45 PM
Et le But

Anyway, the point is that Eller is awesome, and it's nice to see a player so mature and well spoken even if English is his second or third language. And his wife is hot.

Old
11-27-2012, 09:51 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Anyway, the point is that Eller is awesome, and it's nice to see a player so mature and well spoken even if English is his second or third language. And his wife is hot.
And he's tanky. Gonna aggro some defenders and hold on to the puck still.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 10:05 PM
Habruti!

I like Eller a lot, I hope his stunt in europe will rejuvenate his confidence. I would like to see what he could do with decent linemate. I see a natural pairing with Leblanc and hopefully we will find another guy to play with them.

Habruti! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 10:27 PM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habruti! View Post
I like Eller a lot, I hope his stunt in europe will rejuvenate his confidence. I would like to see what he could do with decent linemate. I see a natural pairing with Leblanc and hopefully we will find another guy to play with them.
Eller-Plekanec-Leblanc could be a natural two-way line, but I don't think Leblanc will be ready before that until late 2013-2014.

Also, maybe someone can tell me if this makes sense:

If Plekanec had Eller as his line mate, would his faceoff percentage not go up? He would be more comfortable, more aggressive in the faceoff circle knowing that Eller could pull off a 49-50% if the referee kicks him out.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 06:25 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

I remember someone saying Eller couldn't pass

Not that this completely disregards that statement, but here are the highlights from Ellers last game.

And the 2 A's he got himself, are pretty sweet! One from a slick no look pass and one from some awesome Barca style tic tac toe with Perrin and Peverly

http://www.iltalehti.fi/iltvsmliiga/...37275_v8.shtml

Yeah I know Barca is a Soccer team, I just thought it fitting

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 08:19 AM
goforit

Quote:

Not that this completely disregards that statement, but here are the highlights from Ellers last game.

And the 2 A's he got himself, are pretty sweet! One from a slick no look pass and one from some awesome Barca style tic tac toe with Perrin and Peverly

WOahh that pass on the first goal of the game was so brutal! Even if it would have been on his teammate's stick, it would have been a bad play!

On the other hand, first Eller's assist is fantastic. I'm happy to see he is dominating, even if it is on a weaker league, it's always a good thing. He'll be motivated and will come back in the NHL with a lot of offensive confidence.

goforit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 10:09 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Also, maybe someone can tell me if this makes sense:

If Plekanec had Eller as his line mate, would his faceoff percentage not go up? He would be more comfortable, more aggressive in the faceoff circle knowing that Eller could pull off a 49-50% if the referee kicks him out.
I think it does. I remember under Carbonneau Kovalev sometimes took the faceoff first and pulled some kind of super risky move were he either won it or got thrown out. When thrown out Plekanec or Koivu would play it safer.

Carbonneau might have been a pretty bad coach at times but at least he was imaginative.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 10:18 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:

It's not that he can't pass...he rarely has linemates that are worth passing to so his assist totals are down. When he does pass, they mess up the play.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 10:24 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
It's not that he can't pass...he rarely has linemates that are worth passing to so his assist totals are down. When he does pass, they mess up the play.
Oh I see, sorry.. Don't get to watch many Habs games...

ImGoingNucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 10:54 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Precisely. When he did play with AK, there was some creative passing going on.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 10:55 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Eller vs Galchenyuk at LW

http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...943/story.html

It seems that management and the coaching staff see Eller as an option for a LW slot on the 2nd line in the Habs lineup. Probably more so for next year as opposed to this year (if there is even a season).

I think we can all agree that Eller is a better centre than a winger, but out of all him DD, and Plek, I think he can be the most effective one playing that position, because of his size, and he has been played there pretty often, with the Denmark's national team.

So it got me thinking, if Eller is moved to LW on the 2nd line, who plays C on the 3rd line? Even if Leblanc is ready, I think he is better off playing RW. The only thing I could think of would be Galchenyuk.

If that is what the team is thinking, do you think it would be better to have Eller play Centre on the 3rd line, and Gally start off on the 2nd line LW with Plek and Gionta, or have Eller play LW 2nd line, and Gally 3rd C?

Gally playing centre to start off his NHL would be tough, but I don't think he would have the pressure to produce offensive compared to playing on the 2nd line.

This will also Bourque to switch back to RW where he has had a lot of success playing, and gives one of Eller or Gally a guy that can score, and put Moen or Prust to help defensive on that line.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 10:56 AM
Kriss E

That will depend on the rest of our roster.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 11:01 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
That will depend on the rest of our roster.
Just using logics and going by some of the things coaching, management has said, ex MT saying that Patches-DD-Cole won't be broken up at least to start, Rick Dudley saying they saw Prust as a 3rd line player. I would guess.

Patches-DD-Cole
Gally/Eller-Plek-Gionta
Prust-Gally/Eller-Bourque
Moen-White/Noke-White/Armstrong

Old
11-28-2012, 11:48 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Just using logics and going by some of the things coaching, management has said, ex MT saying that Patches-DD-Cole won't be broken up at least to start, Rick Dudley saying they saw Prust as a 3rd line player. I would guess.

Patches-DD-Cole
Gally/Eller-Plek-Gionta
Prust-Gally/Eller-Bourque
Moen-White/Noke-White/Armstrong
I like that lineup. All three lines can contribute offensively.

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 01:36 PM
Et le But

Quote:
According to some that means he has no playmaking vision.

Old
11-28-2012, 02:08 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...943/story.html

It seems that management and the coaching staff see Eller as an option for a LW slot on the 2nd line in the Habs lineup. Probably more so for next year as opposed to this year (if there is even a season).

I think we can all agree that Eller is a better centre than a winger, but out of all him DD, and Plek, I think he can be the most effective one playing that position, because of his size, and he has been played there pretty often, with the Denmark's national team.

So it got me thinking, if Eller is moved to LW on the 2nd line, who plays C on the 3rd line? Even if Leblanc is ready, I think he is better off playing RW. The only thing I could think of would be Galchenyuk.

If that is what the team is thinking, do you think it would be better to have Eller play Centre on the 3rd line, and Gally start off on the 2nd line LW with Plek and Gionta, or have Eller play LW 2nd line, and Gally 3rd C?

Gally playing centre to start off his NHL would be tough, but I don't think he would have the pressure to produce offensive compared to playing on the 2nd line.

This will also Bourque to switch back to RW where he has had a lot of success playing, and gives one of Eller or Gally a guy that can score, and put Moen or Prust to help defensive on that line.
I recall Therrien picturing Eller on the Pleks' wing as well some months ago.. Therien had Prust centering Armstrong and Moen on the third line..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 02:27 PM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
I recall Therrien picturing Eller on the Pleks' wing as well some months ago.. Therien had Prust centering Armstrong and Moen on the third line..
I remember Dudley saying Prust could play all 3 forward position during the interview when he said they view Prust as a 3rd liner, but I never though they would seriously consider him playing Centre, I know he can play both LW and RW, but has he even played Centre?

Edit: Prust has taken a total of 14 faceoffs the past 2 years, it would be nuts if they actually plan on playing him at centre.

And if Eller is on the 2nd line, where does Bourque go? He didn't play well for the Habs last year, but the guy can score, and surely deserve to be in the top 9.

Last edited by habs03: 11-28-2012 at 02:51 PM.
Old
11-28-2012, 02:33 PM
Andy

I really don't want to see Eller on the wing.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 04:01 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
I remember Dudley saying Prust could play all 3 forward position during the interview when he said they view Prust as a 3rd liner, but I never though they would seriously consider him playing Centre, I know he can play both LW and RW, but has he even played Centre?

Edit: Prust has taken a total of 14 faceoffs the past 2 years, it would be nuts if they actually plan on playing him at centre.

And if Eller is on the 2nd line, where does Bourque go? He didn't play well for the Habs last year, but the guy can score, and surely deserve to be in the top 9.
I agree with you, Im not sure playing Prust center is a good idea.. But I dont want to waste Eller's talent again on a very limited skilled third line..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 04:12 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I really don't want to see Eller on the wing.
I don't either, but I also don't want to hear people say Eller has no offensive upside because he can't turn Prust and Moen into the second coming of Mike Bossy.