Top '97 for 2013 Q draft

Old
11-21-2012, 05:36 PM
NBHockey
finish your checks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey jockey View Post
maybe they belong on the list if that is the talent pool , what about Daley from Fredericton (no relation ) Lol
Daley could be I guess.. would you put him ahead of any on that list?

NBHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2012, 05:40 PM
IslandScouter

I would have to say Ryan Steele from Cornwall could be there as well

IslandScouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 11:54 AM
localfan

Quote:
I watched the game there was no standouts if Welch and Picard were I was in the washroom that shift, the two players I really liked was Jacob and Tower the rest a good game a couple of questionable picks on D but I thought it was a good game for the most part
Packman and Parsons were also selected for the game from Halifax.

localfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 01:41 PM
mrscout

Quote:
I don't think the first two games they played determined for sure the selection process I have tried to find out but from what I am hearing most were already picked and they selected a few to fill in,I agree, Bower and Belec could have been there but as far as Beaulie either I am missing something or he is not even on the radar? Daley is a much better player than Beaulieu, I think Theriault was a question mark as well.

JMO
I agree %100 with your last comment. Bealieu should not be on anybody's radar nor is he. He is up and down. Theriault wasn't even there but he is better than the 2 player's mentioned...IMO

mrscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 03:11 PM
mrscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada4Gold1 View Post
He is listed as 5'9 and 202 lbs on the Major Midget site. I was surprised to see Robichaud, Toole, and Steele to be selected. Robichaud could have been selected because they needed a extra defensemen but there were better forwards to replace Toole and Steele. Bower (Saint John), Beaulieu (Miramichi), and Belec (Moncton) should of been there in my mind. All three of them played well in the first two games. The other 97's from New Brunswick that didn't make it didn't impress me. Daley from Fredericton played well in his first game but didn't in the second and Theriault from Miramichi just looks out of place in Miramichi's games now.
Not sure what you see in Beaulieu but he will never play or be drafted into the Q. Maybe junior A when he is 18. I do agree with the rest of your comment though.

JMO

mrscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 06:53 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by localfan View Post
Packman and Parsons were also selected for the game from Halifax.
Yes they were, Parson's was ok (like the rest) never noticed Pacman as much, seen him last year has not improved very much IMO , what happened to Bauld and Hammer from NS seem to have dropped off the radar? there was a D man as well Worthen were is he this year.

hockey jockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2012, 06:57 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscout View Post
I agree %100 with your last comment. Bealieu should not be on anybody's radar nor is he. He is up and down. Theriault wasn't even there but he is better than the 2 player's mentioned...IMO
Remember we like to discuss players here good and bad but some just like to promote kids, not sure what has happened to Theriault but I agree he may have been there except for a couple of 96's that played instead of him, he may be getting lost in the shuffle in Mirimichi as lots do.

Old
11-22-2012, 07:17 PM
hockeyfan1977

It is hard to get drafted in your draft year you have to be exceptional. Last year there were 4 1996's drafted from PEI in their draft year but the year before nobody in the 1995 year was drafted and the year before that the only player drafted was Brett Beauvais. Take for example Ross Johnston who is a 1994 and plays for Moncton he was not even drafted in his draft year (drafted when he was in 2nd yr major midget) and he was one of top point getters in league. Also he is big 6'4 So last year having 4 players drafted in their draft year was the exception not the rule for PEI

hockeyfan1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 11:22 AM
Mathletic

I'd like to hear from people who follow the NB-PEI league and what they think of Philippe Myers from the Moncton Flyers.

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 11:50 AM
ClemQ

Quote:
Yes they were, Parson's was ok (like the rest) never noticed Pacman as much, seen him last year has not improved very much IMO , what happened to Bauld and Hammer from NS seem to have dropped off the radar? there was a D man as well Worthen were is he this year.
do you mean Hamer from Dartmouth? they werent in the monctonnian this year.

ClemQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2012, 11:55 AM
NBHockey
finish your checks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
I'd like to hear from people who follow the NB-PEI league and what they think of Philippe Myers from the Moncton Flyers.
TBH I really liked him in the prospects game. I think he was the most visable defense man on the ice for both teams in terms of offense. He definately has some upside, has pretty good vision it seems but he needs to be a lot stronger. His passes are sometimes weak and his board work is suspect. That is because he isn't physical enough, especially for a dman his size, and sometimes gets beat because players soon realize there wont be a hit, and will attack his side. I would compare him to Matt Paul in that regard but doesn't skate as well as Paul so he can get into more trouble.

He definately was pretty effective on the powerplay and at moving the puck in the offensive zone.

Old
11-23-2012, 06:11 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemQ View Post
do you mean Hamer from Dartmouth? they werent in the monctonnian this year.
I know there were not there just wondering if they are in the top group of players in NS, besides the ones that were in Moncton from NS what other talent is out there

Old
11-26-2012, 07:08 AM
Dogpound

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBHockey View Post
TBH I really liked him in the prospects game. I think he was the most visable defense man on the ice for both teams in terms of offense. He definately has some upside, has pretty good vision it seems but he needs to be a lot stronger. His passes are sometimes weak and his board work is suspect. That is because he isn't physical enough, especially for a dman his size, and sometimes gets beat because players soon realize there wont be a hit, and will attack his side. I would compare him to Matt Paul in that regard but doesn't skate as well as Paul so he can get into more trouble.

He definately was pretty effective on the powerplay and at moving the puck in the offensive zone.
Not sure what Phillipe Myers you are watching but You obviously haven't watched him play much this year saying he isn't physical. He is by far the most physical defenseman on the Flyers roster. Did you see the finals of the Monctonian?? Flyers basically played with 3 defense and he was one of them and was outstanding against a good team in the Valley. Myers has grown as the year has gone on and is one of the better Dman in the league. Skating isn't great but he is extremely patient with the puck, good shot, physical, good puck skills. He will definitely get drafted this year.

Dogpound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 09:30 AM
localfan

Quote:
Bauld was supposed to play for Halifax Titans I believe but he has gone the prep school route in the New York area...

localfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 10:59 AM
NBHockey
finish your checks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogpound View Post
Not sure what Phillipe Myers you are watching but You obviously haven't watched him play much this year saying he isn't physical. He is by far the most physical defenseman on the Flyers roster.
Being the most physical on the Flyers doesn't really make him all that physical compared to the rest of the league/other leagues.

Quote:
Did you see the finals of the Monctonian?? Flyers basically played with 3 defense and he was one of them and was outstanding against a good team in the Valley. Myers has grown as the year has gone on and is one of the better Dman in the league.
I did see the finals and he was ok. The prospects game was against his peers so it gives a look at what he can do against others his age, and what others can do against him and I said he was one of the best of the bunch didn't I? To say he is better than some of the older kids in the league is stretching it.

Quote:
Skating isn't great but he is extremely patient with the puck, good shot, physical, good puck skills. He will definitely get drafted this year.
Agreed on his skating, and he might get drafted yes. I'm not sure what you are looking for but I gave an honest opinion of a player that I have watched for awhile. I said he was a good defenseman, but he needs to work on some things, they all do at this age.

Old
11-26-2012, 01:02 PM
Hockey Buff

Midget Espoir All Star team for Reebok Challenge

30 dumont-bouchard anthony
31 levesque charles-olivier

4 butler trevor
5 lalonde bradley
6 lafontaine charles-antoine
7 sansoni joËy
8 lantagne olivier
9 sabourin mikael

10 barrÉ-boulet alex
11 pouliot alexandre
12 joseph mathieu
14 sprong daniel
15 dove-mcfalls samuel
16 sanche pierre-luc
17 gagnon maxime
18 dionne jean-simon
19 boucher mathieu
20 laberge samuel
21 aquin pascal
22 lÉopold charles-antoine

Hockey Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 02:34 PM
CareyPrice x 31

vCash: 3907
rumor has it one of the guys refused to go play at the reebok challenge, waiting word on who the replacement is.

also, I had the honor of seeing some games at the Midget Espoir tournament in La Baie this past weekend.
Some of these kids are good, real good!
I'm not saying they will win, but they should be able to compete in the games they will play.

CareyPrice x 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 04:15 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Not sure what Phillipe Myers you are watching but You obviously haven't watched him play much this year saying he isn't physical. He is by far the most physical defenseman on the Flyers roster. Did you see the finals of the Monctonian?? Flyers basically played with 3 defense and he was one of them and was outstanding against a good team in the Valley. Myers has grown as the year has gone on and is one of the better Dman in the league. Skating isn't great but he is extremely patient with the puck, good shot, physical, good puck skills. He will definitely get drafted this year.
Myers is a soild D man but I must say it is a bold statement saying "he will get drafted",he may well but unless you are a member of a team that is going to draft him it is still speculation on your part.He is playing on a very strong team he may be one of the top first year D men in the league but his skating is suspect(IMO).I have seen him play several times this year and I must be missing the physical part of his game as I have not seen much of that from him and at 6' 2" 170 lbs he has to be a physical presence.

JMO

Old
11-26-2012, 06:09 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by x6 Pacioretty 7x View Post
rumor has it one of the guys refused to go play at the reebok challenge, waiting word on who the replacement is.

also, I had the honor of seeing some games at the Midget Espoir tournament in La Baie this past weekend.
Some of these kids are good, real good!
I'm not saying they will win, but they should be able to compete in the games they will play.
Who were the top 3 players at the tournament ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 06:59 PM
CareyPrice x 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Who were the top 3 players at the tournament ?
According to the stats...

1 - Daniel Sprong - Lac St Louis Tigers - 8 goals 5 assist - 13 points in 6 games
2 - Chris Chaddock - Lac St Louis Tigers - 7 goals 5 assist - 12 points in 6 games
3 - Sam Dove-McFalls - Lac St Louis Tigers - 3 goals 9 assist - 12 points in 6 games

According to what I saw, well I didnt see all the team play so it wouldnt be fair to make a top 3.

Dove-McFalls and Chaddock played well together.

Some players I saw that I liked..
Butler from Lsl Tigers (best defensemen)
Chapleau from College Francais (great playmaker)
Bastille from Mont Joli (small, fast, skilled forward)
Lanquette from Express Rive-Sud (big punishing defencemen)
Gagnon from Charles Lemoyne (skilled)
Levesque from Mont Joli (Goalie)
Ward-Raymond (College Francais (Goalie) (big, moves very well)
Dionne from Selects du Nord
Joseph from CAG

Old
11-26-2012, 07:11 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
According to the stats...

1 - Daniel Sprong - Lac St Louis Tigers - 8 goals 5 assist - 13 points in 6 games
2 - Chris Chaddock - Lac St Louis Tigers - 7 goals 5 assist - 12 points in 6 games
3 - Sam Dove-McFalls - Lac St Louis Tigers - 3 goals 9 assist - 12 points in 6 games

According to what I saw, well I didnt see all the team play so it wouldnt be fair to make a top 3.

Dove-McFalls and Chaddock played well together.

Some players I saw that I liked..
Butler from Lsl Tigers (best defensemen)
Chapleau from College Francais (great playmaker)
Bastille from Mont Joli (small, fast, skilled forward)
Lanquette from Express Rive-Sud (big punishing defencemen)
Gagnon from Charles Lemoyne (skilled)
Levesque from Mont Joli (Goalie)
Ward-Raymond (College Francais (Goalie) (big, moves very well)
Dionne from Selects du Nord
Joseph from CAG
Sprong is a monster...

Can the other you mentioned be impact players in the Q ?

Any chance that the Dove-McFalls and Butler end up in AAA next year ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 07:17 PM
CareyPrice x 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Sprong is a monster...

Can the other you mentioned be impact players in the Q ?

Any chance that the Dove-McFalls and Butler end up in AAA next year ?
can they be impact players.... only time will tell, The Espoir level isnt the best this year so standing out isnt all that hard.

That's up to the Lions I guess, With what I saw, I don't see why they wouldnt be on their team.

Old
11-27-2012, 10:10 AM
Mathletic

thanks for the replies btw, anyone can clarify whether Jesse Hamer, for Dartmouth, is 97 or 98 born? I've seen the 2.

Mathletic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 03:26 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
thanks for the replies btw, anyone can clarify whether Jesse Hamer, for Dartmouth, is 97 or 98 born? I've seen the 2.
I think he is a 97 but not sure according to the NS Midget website 01/23/98 ? , I have not seen him play in a year or so he was a good skater was very skilled a little lazy at times I asked earlier about him have not heard any comments.

Old
11-27-2012, 03:28 PM
hockey jockey

Quote:
can they be impact players.... only time will tell, The Espoir level isnt the best this year so standing out isnt all that hard.

That's up to the Lions I guess, With what I saw, I don't see why they wouldnt be on their team.
What is the word on D man Jeremy Roy from Quebec I don't see his name on this list?