HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Stats and Discussion: 2012-13

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-19-2012, 09:59 PM
  #426
misfit
Moderator
 
misfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: just north of...everything
Posts: 15,578
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAF View Post
Khaira is gonna be in college for the next four years and then will probably spend a year in the A. By the 2018-19 season, who knows what this club will need. I hope he works out, but he was drafted to be big, not to fill any particular role.
Excatly. Khaira is a guy who intrigues me a lot and I'm really pulling for him, but the guy is still a real long shot and probably at least 4 years out if he makes it at all. The Oilers will likely be a very different looking team in that time.

__________________
If you are offended by this post, it's probably because you're ugly.
misfit is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 10:21 PM
  #427
Oilers4life1987
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 460
vCash: 500
What position is Khraira playing in NCAA?

Oilers4life1987 is offline  
Old
11-19-2012, 11:31 PM
  #428
dnicks17
Moderator
.
 
dnicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,806
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers4life1987 View Post
What position is Khraira playing in NCAA?
Center.

dnicks17 is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 02:31 PM
  #429
dnicks17
Moderator
.
 
dnicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,806
vCash: 500
Rajala was named the ECHL player of the week.

5g6a in 4 games.

He's also on an ECHL season high 11-game point streak dating back to Oct. 20 (11g-12a).

dnicks17 is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 05:45 PM
  #430
Gentle Jake Virtanen
canucks? time to go.
 
Gentle Jake Virtanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,748
vCash: 133
Nail Yakupov's team from Nizhnekamsk was in action today against Donetsk Donbass. They won 4-3 in a shootout, but Yakupov had a really quiet game- zeroes down the stat line, only one SOG, and his 11:10 ice time was the second lowest among all players for his team. On the plus side though, he did get a shootout goal!

As this is also in the Yakupov thread, I also decided to check up on Tobias Rieder's stats as of late and to say the least, they're not super encouraging. 20 points in 23 games puts him 54th in league scoring and on pace for about 61 points in 70 games. This is the same guy who put up 85 points in only 60 games last season. Seeing as his size is not really outstanding and his scoring has slipped, this is a bit of a setback in his development, but nonetheless I remain hopeful that he'll bounce back. Is he even eligible for the world juniors this year (if Germany plays - not sure whether they are or not)?


Last edited by Gentle Jake Virtanen: 11-21-2012 at 06:06 PM.
Gentle Jake Virtanen is offline  
Old
11-21-2012, 10:16 PM
  #431
Fourier
Registered User
 
Fourier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Waterloo Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangerine View Post
Nail Yakupov's team from Nizhnekamsk was in action today against Donetsk Donbass. They won 4-3 in a shootout, but Yakupov had a really quiet game- zeroes down the stat line, only one SOG, and his 11:10 ice time was the second lowest among all players for his team. On the plus side though, he did get a shootout goal!

As this is also in the Yakupov thread, I also decided to check up on Tobias Rieder's stats as of late and to say the least, they're not super encouraging. 20 points in 23 games puts him 54th in league scoring and on pace for about 61 points in 70 games. This is the same guy who put up 85 points in only 60 games last season. Seeing as his size is not really outstanding and his scoring has slipped, this is a bit of a setback in his development, but nonetheless I remain hopeful that he'll bounce back. Is he even eligible for the world juniors this year (if Germany plays - not sure whether they are or not)?
I think you really need to look at more than stats with a guy like Rieder.

His numbers are down but he is still playing very well in all situations. He is a very good pk'er for example and Kitchener is winning in good part because their pk has been outstanding of late.

Kitchener is one of the lower scoring teams in the OHL. Second lowest actually. But they are also 14 7 1 1.

Fourier is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 09:48 AM
  #432
Usual_Suspect
Registered User
 
Usual_Suspect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: 3 hours South
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,819
vCash: 500
Last night

Rieder 1g
Musil 1a
LaLeggia 1a
Simpson 1a

Usual_Suspect is offline  
Old
11-24-2012, 08:29 PM
  #433
dnicks17
Moderator
.
 
dnicks17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,806
vCash: 500
2a +1 for Rieder tonight.

dnicks17 is offline  
Old
11-25-2012, 09:15 PM
  #434
topchowda
Registered User
 
topchowda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,879
vCash: 500
Schultz leading AHL scoring
Yakupov PPG in KHL
Laleggia leading NCAA defenseman scoring

Prospects are trending up

topchowda is offline  
Old
11-25-2012, 09:51 PM
  #435
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,425
vCash: 500
You have to really like the way Schultz, Eberle, Hall and RNH are racking up the points in the AHL. Can we end up with the top 4 scorers in the AHL. I know Hall missed a lot of games put it is possible.

rockinghockey is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 05:59 AM
  #436
Fourier
Registered User
 
Fourier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Waterloo Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Schultz leading AHL scoring
Yakupov PPG in KHL
Laleggia leading NCAA defenseman scoring

Prospects are trending up
Thought I would add that Khaira has 8 points in 10 games and is the third leading scorer on Michigan Tech. He was just named the WCHA rookie of the week.

Fourier is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 09:19 AM
  #437
Bouch1337
Registered User
 
Bouch1337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 303
vCash: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockinghockey View Post
You have to really like the way Schultz, Eberle, Hall and RNH are racking up the points in the AHL. Can we end up with the top 4 scorers in the AHL. I know Hall missed a lot of games put it is possible.


Hall is only two points from being in top 20 scorers

Bouch1337 is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 10:17 AM
  #438
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Displaced
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
Thought I would add that Khaira has 8 points in 10 games and is the third leading scorer on Michigan Tech. He was just named the WCHA rookie of the week.
Good to hear he's settling in nicely and starting to produce.

Groucho is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 12:30 PM
  #439
jadeddog
Registered User
 
jadeddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
Posts: 11,828
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
Thought I would add that Khaira has 8 points in 10 games and is the third leading scorer on Michigan Tech. He was just named the WCHA rookie of the week.
those are pretty good stats for a rookie in a tough conference, probably the 2nd hardest NCAA hockey conference... this guy is a long-projection-type, as others have said, but the early indicators are pretty good so far

jadeddog is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 12:50 PM
  #440
Fourier
Registered User
 
Fourier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Waterloo Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog View Post
those are pretty good stats for a rookie in a tough conference, probably the 2nd hardest NCAA hockey conference... this guy is a long-projection-type, as others have said, but the early indicators are pretty good so far
He is also a very young freshman since he did not turn 18 until August. This makes him one of the youngest players in the last draft.

Fourier is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 01:18 PM
  #441
Crobby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,573
vCash: 500
Gene Principe ‏@GenePrincipe
Taylor Hall is the AHL Player of the Week Hall notched nine points (one goal, eight assists) and a plus-6 rating in three games last week.

Crobby is offline  
Old
11-26-2012, 01:21 PM
  #442
gooilgo
Fehr is a reptile
 
gooilgo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Area 51
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crobby View Post
Gene Principe ‏@GenePrincipe
Taylor Hall is the AHL Player of the Week Hall notched nine points (one goal, eight assists) and a plus-6 rating in three games last week.
A decent week from our future captain.

gooilgo is offline  
Old
11-27-2012, 04:56 PM
  #443
topchowda
Registered User
 
topchowda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,879
vCash: 500
Lowetide recently ranked Jujhar Khaira as our 7th best prospect (3rd best forward). He really seems to be coming into his own. A big center who plays with an edge. Hell be interesting to track over the next 3 years

topchowda is offline  
Old
11-27-2012, 05:23 PM
  #444
GMofOilers
Registered User
 
GMofOilers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mountains
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Lowetide recently ranked Jujhar Khaira as our 7th best prospect (3rd best forward). He really seems to be coming into his own. A big center who plays with an edge. Hell be interesting to track over the next 3 years
The same guy had Nash rated #1 ahead of Eberle for 2 different years! All because he was a big center with a nice range of skills

GMofOilers is offline  
Old
11-27-2012, 05:30 PM
  #445
topchowda
Registered User
 
topchowda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 6,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMofOilers View Post
The same guy had Nash rated #1 ahead of Eberle for 2 different years! All because he was a big center with a nice range of skills
Havent read to much of Lowetide, I just found it interesting since Khaira was such an unknown when we drafted him

topchowda is offline  
Old
11-27-2012, 05:35 PM
  #446
GMofOilers
Registered User
 
GMofOilers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mountains
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,027
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Havent read to much of Lowetide, I just found it interesting since Khaira was such an unknown when we drafted him
so was nash lol

GMofOilers is offline  
Old
11-27-2012, 06:27 PM
  #447
Kayen
Cant Tkachev a break
 
Kayen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Seoul
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,743
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMofOilers View Post
so was nash lol
One was a 1st round pick, whereas the other was a third round pick. Also one is 6'3 195 whereas the other is 6'1 189...

Kayen is offline  
Old
11-27-2012, 07:19 PM
  #448
nabob
Hall for captain
 
nabob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: HF boards
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayen View Post
One was a 1st round pick, whereas the other was a third round pick. Also one is 6'3 195 whereas the other is 6'1 189...
To be fair Nash should have been a 3rd round pick, even in his incredibly weak draft class.

nabob is offline  
Old
11-27-2012, 08:52 PM
  #449
rockinghockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 6,425
vCash: 500
Kharia has 4 yrs to develop; it seems that he is off to a good start this year. Will be intersting to see if any of the draft picks from the 2012 taken in the 2nd or later round will pan out.

rockinghockey is offline  
Old
11-27-2012, 09:59 PM
  #450
CSimpson18
Registered User
 
CSimpson18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMofOilers View Post
The same guy had Nash rated #1 ahead of Eberle for 2 different years! All because he was a big center with a nice range of skills
Lowetide is a smart guy who's been watching oilers prospects for a long long time. His ranking of khaira is encouraging. No one is right all the time, lets just hope khaira continues to exceed expectations.


Quote:
Originally Posted by topchowda View Post
Havent read to much of Lowetide, I just found it interesting since Khaira was such an unknown when we drafted him
Best oiler blog out there. Ainec.

CSimpson18 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.