HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Other Sports Thread XIV

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-27-2012, 12:17 AM
  #51
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Hasbro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Rectangle
Country: Sami
Posts: 29,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hek View Post
CU is the worst team in the NCAA, what do they have to lose?
Another round of scandals crippling fundraising.

Hasbro is offline  
Old
11-27-2012, 07:03 AM
  #52
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan
 
Helton4Hall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Storming the Gates
Country: South Korea
Posts: 18,397
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
Since Bohn said he already has a favorite and is currently a HC of a college team, so I believe it's going to be Doeren, Calhoun or DeRuyter that gets the job. Out of those 3, I prefer Doeren.

DeRuyter is reported to be interested in the CU job if you believe DP.

Also, Mark Mangino reached out to CU Said he wouldn't mind being an OC here
I don't think that Deruyter will be considered that strongly, he's only an okay prospect.

I'm still confident it will be Calhoun, and I'm still confident that is a bad move.

I would also love Mangino, he is a great coach, but his baggage disqualifies him.

Helton4Hall is offline  
Old
11-27-2012, 09:12 AM
  #53
anleva
Registered User
 
anleva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,236
vCash: 500
It would be entertaining for CU to hire Tressel. It would be funny to see the first self reported penalty, as a result of the stringent show cause reporting burden CU would be forced to take on, be dealt with in the most extreme way by the NCAA. Might suit them right. A mechanism for self-flagellation.

anleva is offline  
Old
11-27-2012, 03:18 PM
  #54
JWK
Missing Mueller
 
JWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 303
Country: South Korea
Posts: 10,014
vCash: 157
Looks like Calhoun isn't a candidate, and Mangino will only come here as a OC. No way he's coming as a HC with the baggage he has. I could see Doeren as HC and Mangino as OC, Doeren worked under Mangino at Kansas.

Seems like if Mack Brown gets fired (I could see him getting fired or he "resigned" if they lose to KSU) their candidates are similar to ours.

Also, Southern Miss is worse than CU.

JWK is online now  
Old
11-27-2012, 05:41 PM
  #55
JWK
Missing Mueller
 
JWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 303
Country: South Korea
Posts: 10,014
vCash: 157
Guz Malzahn, hmmmmmmmm.

JWK is online now  
Old
11-27-2012, 06:43 PM
  #56
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan
 
Helton4Hall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Storming the Gates
Country: South Korea
Posts: 18,397
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
Guz Malzahn, hmmmmmmmm.
Do want.

Helton4Hall is offline  
Old
11-27-2012, 06:44 PM
  #57
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan
 
Helton4Hall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Storming the Gates
Country: South Korea
Posts: 18,397
vCash: 69
Also, this is a total ****show right now.

The triumvirate of Macartney, Embree and Klatt going to war with the university isn't a good sign.

Helton4Hall is offline  
Old
11-27-2012, 07:34 PM
  #58
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ballarado
Country: United States
Posts: 6,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
Also, this is a total ****show right now.

The triumvirate of Macartney, Embree and Klatt going to war with the university isn't a good sign.
Why? They don't pull any real weight.

Huis Clos* is offline  
Old
11-27-2012, 07:35 PM
  #59
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ballarado
Country: United States
Posts: 6,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbro View Post
Another round of scandals crippling fundraising.
What fundraising?

Katie Hnida is the worst.

Huis Clos* is offline  
Old
11-27-2012, 07:37 PM
  #60
Rhaego
Registered User
 
Rhaego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 6,613
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
Also, this is a total ****show right now.

The triumvirate of Macartney, Embree and Klatt going to war with the university isn't a good sign.
Thats because the university is wrong

Rhaego is offline  
Old
11-27-2012, 07:55 PM
  #61
JWK
Missing Mueller
 
JWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 303
Country: South Korea
Posts: 10,014
vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
Also, this is a total ****show right now.

The triumvirate of Macartney, Embree and Klatt going to war with the university isn't a good sign.
Coach Mac brought some ridiculous points. "Maybe CU will change their mind and bring Embree back" Love what he did for CU in the past, but he should stop talking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
Thats because the university is wrong
What's wrong? They just came off the worst season in school history, Embree was 4-21 and this past year. This team had the worst offense and defense in the country. He wasn't willing to make changes in the staff either, he was only gonna fire Cabral and Brown, while letting his buddies stay. They had no positive buzz, no momentum on the recruiting trail, etc. Bohn said he has some money to hire a quality coach (I believe it was something like 2.5M aav which would be 4th in the conference). Firing Embree actually told me that the administration was committed to a football program.

I don't think this is a bad job as anyone saids, just beat CSU and Central Arkansas and you're doing better than Embree Back to Malzahn, get him a solid DC and I think he will do well. He is a risk though, he's only coached in the SEC territory and not sure how he'll do recruiting wise in the west coast. A lot of guys are a risk so we'll see.

JWK is online now  
Old
11-27-2012, 07:57 PM
  #62
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan
 
Helton4Hall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Storming the Gates
Country: South Korea
Posts: 18,397
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by hek View Post
Why? They don't pull any real weight.
That's not true, they have huge influence in the public sphere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
Thats because the university is wrong
No, they're not. I'm actually somewhat stunned at how many people are supporting keeping a coach coming off of a 1-11 season.

Helton4Hall is offline  
Old
11-27-2012, 08:01 PM
  #63
Rhaego
Registered User
 
Rhaego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 6,613
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post

What's wrong? They just came off the worst season in school history, Embree was 4-21 and this past year. This team had the worst offense and defense in the country. He wasn't willing to make changes in the staff either, he was only gonna fire Cabral and Brown, while letting his buddies stay. They had no positive buzz, no momentum on the recruiting trail, etc. Bohn said he has some money to hire a quality coach (I believe it was something like 2.5M aav which would be 4th in the conference). Firing Embree actually told me that the administration was committed to a football program.

I don't think this is a bad job as anyone saids, just beat CSU and Central Arkansas and you're doing better than Embree Back to Malzahn, get him a solid DC and I think he will do well. He is a risk though, he's only coached in the SEC territory and not sure how he'll do recruiting wise in the west coast. A lot of guys are a risk so we'll see.
No team could win when you have freshmen starting. I'm not saying we should get blown out, but what the hell is Embree supposed to do when the program is ****** and there isn't any talent? And don't give me the freshmen should be good enough, when Hawkins was fired this program was bottom tier and he hadn't had time to recruit/nor could he.

Rhaego is offline  
Old
11-27-2012, 08:08 PM
  #64
JWK
Missing Mueller
 
JWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 303
Country: South Korea
Posts: 10,014
vCash: 157
And lets be honest, only reason Embree got hired was CU couldn't afford anyone because of the fee they had to pay to leave the Big12. This time, they actually have the money to get a solid coach. I still have no idea what's going on with the facility update though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
No team could win when you have freshmen starting. I'm not saying we should get blown out, but what the hell is Embree supposed to do when the program is ****** and there isn't any talent? And don't give me the freshmen should be good enough, when Hawkins was fired this program was bottom tier and he hadn't had time to recruit/nor could he.
What? UCLA has a lot of freshman starting and they were fine. Going up against other young teams, CU was crap. I'll buy the freshman thing if they actually play well, but none really did. Only Powell and Crawley(who was going to quit the team), actually showed something from this team. I don't know why you're keep blaming Hawkins, at least he didn't get blown out every week. Embree and his staff can't coach, even if Hawk was bad, they were never last in offense and defense.

CU has more talent than Sacramento State and CSU, and they lost both. This staff couldn't coach, and I'm happy the administration saw that and moved on from Embree.

Broncos signed Jacob Hester.

JWK is online now  
Old
11-27-2012, 08:11 PM
  #65
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan
 
Helton4Hall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Storming the Gates
Country: South Korea
Posts: 18,397
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
And lets be honest, only reason Embree got hired was CU couldn't afford anyone because of the fee they had to pay to leave the Big12. This time, they actually have the money to get a solid coach. I still have no idea what's going on with the facility update though


What? UCLA has a lot of freshman starting and they were fine. Going up against other young teams, CU was crap. I'll buy the freshman thing if they actually play well, but none really did. Only Powell and Crawley(who was going to quit the team), actually showed somethinad, they were never last in offense and defense.

CU has more talent than Sacramento State and CSU, and they lost both. This staff couldn't coach, and I'm happy the administration saw that and moved on from Embree.

Broncos signed Jacob Hester.
Crawley did quit. I dont' remember which game it was, (he didn't play) but Embree had to talk him back.

I suspect both him and Yuri Wright will leave, a huge loss.

Helton4Hall is offline  
Old
11-27-2012, 08:13 PM
  #66
Helton4Hall
Internet Charlatan
 
Helton4Hall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Storming the Gates
Country: South Korea
Posts: 18,397
vCash: 69
Let's be honest, CU didn't have much talent, but even so you shouldn't be losing by four or five touchdowns every week.

Helton4Hall is offline  
Old
11-27-2012, 08:15 PM
  #67
Rhaego
Registered User
 
Rhaego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 6,613
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
And lets be honest, only reason Embree got hired was CU couldn't afford anyone because of the fee they had to pay to leave the Big12. This time, they actually have the money to get a solid coach. I still have no idea what's going on with the facility update though


What? UCLA has a lot of freshman starting and they were fine. Going up against other young teams, CU was crap. I'll buy the freshman thing if they actually play well, but none really did. Only Powell and Crawley(who was going to quit the team), actually showed something from this team. I don't know why you're keep blaming Hawkins, at least he didn't get blown out every week. Embree and his staff can't coach, even if Hawk was bad, they were never last in offense and defense.

CU has more talent than Sacramento State and CSU, and they lost both. This staff couldn't coach, and I'm happy the administration saw that and moved on from Embree.

Broncos signed Jacob Hester.
They may have, it was marginal at best though.

And Hawkins is the reason this team is in its current state. He absolutely destroyed the program-and is the primary reason we aren't going to improve.

Rhaego is offline  
Old
11-27-2012, 08:16 PM
  #68
JWK
Missing Mueller
 
JWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 303
Country: South Korea
Posts: 10,014
vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
Crawley did quit. I dont' remember which game it was, (he didn't play) but Embree had to talk him back.

I suspect both him and Yuri Wright will leave, a huge loss.
I think it was Blacken(I believe that's his name) that told him to stay. What an irony it would be for Crawley to quit middle of the season after calling out his teammates for quitting during a game. I hope they stay when the new coach comes in. Wright, Crawley, and Henderson could all turn into something good. Henderson is already good, and Wright needed the RS since he's so damn raw.

At least the good news is that PRich will still be here, I was worried that he might get his degree and transfer to another school and play right away. Also impressed with Shane Dillon on twitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
They may have, it was marginal at best though.

And Hawkins is the reason this team is in its current state. He absolutely destroyed the program-and is the primary reason we aren't going to improve.
And Embree made it worse. You really can't justify giving him another year when he wasn't going to make much changes from this staff.

JWK is online now  
Old
11-27-2012, 08:17 PM
  #69
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ballarado
Country: United States
Posts: 6,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
That's not true, they have huge influence in the public sphere.
So? Any coach that starts listening to the "public" is doomed to fail. I don't care what the mouth breathing public think.

Huis Clos* is offline  
Old
11-27-2012, 08:18 PM
  #70
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ballarado
Country: United States
Posts: 6,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Jones View Post
Crawley did quit. I dont' remember which game it was, (he didn't play) but Embree had to talk him back.

I suspect both him and Yuri Wright will leave, a huge loss.
Doubt it.

Huis Clos* is offline  
Old
11-27-2012, 08:21 PM
  #71
Rhaego
Registered User
 
Rhaego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 6,613
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
And Embree made it worse. You really can't justify giving him another year when he wasn't going to make much changes from this staff.
I just don't understand how he was supposed to fix everything in two years. I suppose he could of got a bunch of juco players and cut corners with academics and attitude, but is that really the way to build a program?

Hawkins put us in the dump, period. Embree didn't recruit the greatest he could of, but why would you want to come to this **** school for football with the way it is.

Rhaego is offline  
Old
11-27-2012, 08:29 PM
  #72
JWK
Missing Mueller
 
JWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 303
Country: South Korea
Posts: 10,014
vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockies94 View Post
I just don't understand how he was supposed to fix everything in two years. I suppose he could of got a bunch of juco players and cut corners with academics and attitude, but is that really the way to build a program?

Hawkins put us in the dump, period. Embree didn't recruit the greatest he could of, but why would you want to come to this **** school for football with the way it is.
They showed no progress, youth isn't a good excuse when other teams that are young are playing well. The fan base was sick and tired of it, and voiced our displeasure. It showed on the attendance, no one even went to those home games late in the year. Lets be honest, even with not much talent, they should have way more wins than 1 with this easy schedule.

CU doesn't really get JUCOs because they're hard to get in.

Doeren, DeRyuter expressed interest. It shows that some coaches would want to come here for football.


I'll be rooting for Tad's boys from home, ****ing essay Still can't believe we're #19 in the country, at least we have a team to support.

JWK is online now  
Old
11-27-2012, 08:38 PM
  #73
Rhaego
Registered User
 
Rhaego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 6,613
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWK View Post
They showed no progress, youth isn't a good excuse when other teams that are young are playing well. The fan base was sick and tired of it, and voiced our displeasure. It showed on the attendance, no one even went to those home games late in the year. Lets be honest, even with not much talent, they should have way more wins than 1 with this easy schedule.

CU doesn't really get JUCOs because they're hard to get in.

Doeren, DeRyuter expressed interest. It shows that some coaches would want to come here for football.


I'll be rooting for Tad's boys from home, ****ing essay Still can't believe we're #19 in the country, at least we have a team to support
.
Amen to that last part, I have a ****ing Calc test tmrw and then a Chem test thursday so I'll be in as well. Is it on basic cable or what? My slingbox is down.

Rhaego is offline  
Old
11-27-2012, 11:18 PM
  #74
JWK
Missing Mueller
 
JWK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 303
Country: South Korea
Posts: 10,014
vCash: 157
Omar Strong He pulled a Heslip on us.

JWK is online now  
Old
11-27-2012, 11:32 PM
  #75
Rhaego
Registered User
 
Rhaego's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Norfolk Island
Posts: 6,613
vCash: 50
**** you Omar

That was way too close

Rhaego is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.