*OFFICIAL* Kitchener Rangers 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
11-19-2012, 02:40 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
Comparisons are very tough because it's nearly impossible to get an exact fit, but a couple NHL comparables I can see are:

- Josh Gorges (solid all around, but not flashy. Can make an offensive play, but relies more on solid positioning and grit. But McEneny is a bit bigger.)
- Ladislav Smid (above average upside in almost all facets of the game, but won't blow you away in any one regard.)
Good to know, thank you for your insight!

Old
11-19-2012, 11:28 PM
EvenSteven

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
I thought the Bailey-***-Pederson line was fantastic all night -- either with Sterk or Meighan at centre. They had numerous scoring chances (in addition to their 2 goals) and had the Knights pinned down in their end of the ice on almost every shift.

Sterk's having to go off for repairs created an opportunity for Meighan and he delivered big time, scoring one goal and almost getting another shortly after.

Meighan fit in perfectly between Pederson and Bailey - so much so, that if I'm Spott, I put Meighan there for the next few games while at the same time, have Sterk center the 1st or 2nd line for the next few games, some PP time too, in an effort to audition him as a more appealing asset moving forward towards the trade deadline.

If the newly created line of Pederson-Meighan-Bailey line doesn't miss a beat, and Sterk shows he can produce with higher end forwards playing top 6 minutes, maybe we can bring in a high end veteran center or d-man with Sterk as the primary piece going the other way.

Let's face it, with one 2nd rounder before 2017 and no 3rd's before 2018, any dealing we're going to do for the help this team needs has to include young players off this roster. If we can show Sterk is capable of much more offense than he currently has (8 points in 21 games), his stock goes up and maybe we don't have to deal higher end youth.

Spott says he'd like to add a veteran centerman between now and the deadline. Lack of high end draft picks won't be his only problem. The uncertainty of the NHL lockout is one problem and the fact that so many teams up to now are still "in it" is another.

Because of the NHL lockout, there are certain teams who don't know if they are buyers or sellers. Barrie and Niagara for instance. Both are contenders right now and if the NHL season is lost, we can consider both teams to be buyers I would think. However, should the NHL start up, Barrie will almost definately lose Scheiffle and Niagara Hamilton. Strome may also stick with the Isles. If those things happen, both teams will likely become sellers. Right now, these teams are in a waiting mode.

Also, so many teams are still "in it", more than usual at this point. If that continues to be the case, we'll have a sellers market - meaning it'll be a good time to sell with so many teams bidding against each other. Spott will have to improve this team by one OA and one high end 93 birthdate because there is no doubt that the other contending teams will be looking to improve as well.

This season, a season Spott called special, whispering about the Memorial Cup, losing out to other contenders in bidding wars won't be acceptable. Last year, that's what happened when London passed us by, by picking up Watson and McKegg. I don't think we need two high end players like that, what we do need is one high end guy and a good OA to replace Czinder on the roster (ie. Shoemakers. Ross. Menard type guys)

If AC is ever returned, (I know, it's a longshot now) then he'd be the 3rd OA after Alberga and Czinder's replacement.

Old
11-24-2012, 09:09 PM
Faidh ar Rud Eigin
Modhnóirí Claonta

Hope Llewellyn is OK. He did not return after getting hit in the head late in the first period.

Old
11-26-2012, 09:13 AM
BenchedGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faidh ar Rud Eigin View Post
Hope Llewellyn is OK. He did not return after getting hit in the head late in the first period.
Out with concussion. Here is some info from Brown. Also the clip of it is on the Erie website around the 55 second mark its starts. At the top of the screen you can see the hit along the boards. In my view an elbow gets up.

http://www.therecord.com/sports/rang...-at-high-price

Quote:
Seconds after getting back on his feet, the Erie bruiser took aim at an unsuspecting Llewellyn by charging across the ice and hammering the freshman while he was trying to play the puck along the boards......Llewellyn is the fifth Rangers player to suffer a concussion this season.
http://www.ottershockey.com/

Old
11-26-2012, 09:21 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 50
So apparantly the game on Friday night against Windsor has a timechange???

http://kitchenerrangers.com/article/...-hockey/130976

Good thing I randomly looked on the Rangers site about 5 minutes before my fiancee just surprised me with tickets again.

Old
11-26-2012, 09:41 AM
BenchedGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalheadPenguinsFan View Post

Good thing I randomly looked on the Rangers site about 5 minutes before my fiancee just surprised me with tickets again.
Yes its changed to accomodate Sportsnet televising it. I'm really not a fan of the nationally televised games as it has the longer tv timeouts and slows the pace of the game typically. I think the boys still feel pumped as its the bigger audience.

Old
11-26-2012, 10:45 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:

Nice!

Unfortunately, it's a Sportsnet game so expect it to start a little late, have lots of commercial breaks, and drag on forrrrrrrrreeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvveeeeerrrr. Instead of a nice 2 hour (give or take 10 minutes) game, it'll be closer to 3 hours.

Old
11-26-2012, 11:30 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
Nice!

Unfortunately, it's a Sportsnet game so expect it to start a little late, have lots of commercial breaks, and drag on forrrrrrrrreeeeeeeevvvvvvvvvveeeeerrrr. Instead of a nice 2 hour (give or take 10 minutes) game, it'll be closer to 3 hours.
Oh so you mean that even though the game now technically "starts" at 7PM...puckdrop will be in reality at like 7:10PM then??? And by commercial breaks you mean random stoppages in play/little intermission-esque random things (i.e. the random tshirt tosses or whatnot they do for fans sitting in whatever section).

At first when I read what you put I'm like "commercial breaks....what's she talking about??? I'll be watching live...not on TV."

But yeah I'll apparantly be in the new blue section. So just to verify...there are elevators to get all the way up to the blue section eh??? And ditto for getting down from there to leave after the game???

IIRC, all I know about the new blue seats is that they are roomier, I think there's an elevator, and that the beer guy comes right to your seats??? Right???? And if the beer guy does come to your seat, does that mean you can just drink your beer in your seat??? Or do you need to go drink it in the concourse as per usual??

Speaking of beer, what beers do we have available to drink @ the Aud??? IIRC, I saw big cans of Molson and other swill being sold when I went to the Rangers/Steelheads game earlier this month. Do I dare be bold and ask if the Aud sells the Guinness Draught cans (yum)?

Old
11-26-2012, 12:11 PM
ORYX

Quote:
Oh so you mean that even though the game now technically "starts" at 7PM...puckdrop will be in reality at like 7:10PM then??? And by commercial breaks you mean random stoppages in play/little intermission-esque random things (i.e. the random tshirt tosses or whatnot they do for fans sitting in whatever section).

At first when I read what you put I'm like "commercial breaks....what's she talking about??? I'll be watching live...not on TV."

But yeah I'll apparantly be in the new blue section. So just to verify...there are elevators to get all the way up to the blue section eh??? And ditto for getting down from there to leave after the game???

IIRC, all I know about the new blue seats is that they are roomier, I think there's an elevator, and that the beer guy comes right to your seats??? Right???? And if the beer guy does come to your seat, does that mean you can just drink your beer in your seat??? Or do you need to go drink it in the concourse as per usual??

Speaking of beer, what beers do we have available to drink @ the Aud??? IIRC, I saw big cans of Molson and other swill being sold when I went to the Rangers/Steelheads game earlier this month. Do I dare be bold and ask if the Aud sells the Guinness Draught cans (yum)?
I have my seats in the blue, have been told there is an elevator up to that section, though havent seen it myself. All the stairwells up are very roomy and have adaquete railings, as do the stairs going up the section, and infront of each row in the event you do require some form of assistance.

There is an elevator near the bar/lounge area which takes people to suit level, which is the same as the new section just the opposite side of the rink, I anticipate you can access blue seats from this area if you go the route of the restaurant.

As for beer, they will serve you in the seats, though they dont come around often. Probably will do so more often Friday due to it being a Sportsnet game.

Beer in the blues is tall cans, Canadian and Coors Light. If you prefer more of a premium beer, you will have to get it in the Bar. They have Canadian and Coors Light on tap there, as well as bottles of MGD, Heinekin I believe, Corona, and a couple others, no Guiness though.

You can drink in your seats in the blue as well, doesnt matter where you bought the drink.

Old
11-26-2012, 12:35 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:

Because the game is a nationally televised one, there are longer than average breaks a couple of times per period so that Sportsnet can show their commercials for the TV viewers. The Rangers do try to fill that time with promotions and whatnot, but they still drag out quite a bit. The game will probably start 7:05-7:10 (depending on when the Sportsnet talking heads are ready to start calling it) and it will be over a few minutes before 10:00.

There is an elevator at the end of the hallway beside the Rangers Authentics store that will take you to the concourse upstairs, and you know about the one from the box office level to the main concourse.

Old
11-26-2012, 12:36 PM
KnightRanger

Big game tomorrow night! London came in and put an end to the Rangers Home unbeaten streak and now the Rangers have a chance to stop their current run of 11 in a row! Should be a great game! Any predictions?

Old
11-26-2012, 12:54 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRanger View Post
Big game tomorrow night! London came in and put an end to the Rangers Home unbeaten streak and now the Rangers have a chance to stop their current run of 11 in a row! Should be a great game! Any predictions?
It all comes down to Gibson.

What I hope to see happen is that Kitchener chases whoever is slated to start the game somewhere around the middle of the first period, then decimates the backup, ending in a situation where Dale has no hair left, and falls on his way off the ice at the end of the game. I don't expect any of it, but it would make my day!

Old
11-26-2012, 01:12 PM
KnightRanger

Quote:

What I hope to see happen is that Kitchener chases whoever is slated to start the game somewhere around the middle of the first period, then decimates the backup, ending in a situation where Dale has no hair left, and falls on his way off the ice at the end of the game. I don't expect any of it, but it would make my day!
LMAO....I think a shootout is more likely than a blow out, but each team is capable of either or!!!

I just hope it's good game. Last time they played the result was more due to Kitchener playing even worse then London did! Both goalies cost their team a goal in that one!

I would like to see both teams and goalies play a great game and let's see who really is better right now!

Old
11-26-2012, 01:23 PM
aresknights

Quote:
And by commercial breaks you mean random stoppages in play/little intermission-esque random things (i.e. the random tshirt tosses or whatnot they do for fans sitting in whatever section).
I believe the breaks are at the first whistles after the 16, 12, 8, 4 min marks of the period. (if not they are every 4 min of play I think) In London a red light is used at the penalty box to let refs now when play can resume. It usually adds a 1/2hr to game time.
It does give coaches an opportunity to play its top players more so Murphy may/probably log more ice than he usually does.

Old
11-26-2012, 01:26 PM
aresknights

Quote:

Gotta love the rivalry games, and more so when one team can disrupt the others streak.

The Aud is always a tough place to play, and the fans are among the best live groups in the O. Noisy place when their rolling along. Its going to take a solid effort to keep the W streak alive in that house. Get down a few and that place will get LOUD (even on a Tues)

Old
11-27-2012, 02:37 PM
bidzey

OK... somebody as got to stop this London team, I'll be cheering for the Rangers tonight!!!

Old
11-27-2012, 03:36 PM
BenchedGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bidzey View Post
OK... somebody as got to stop this London team, I'll be cheering for the Rangers tonight!!!
I guess right now that is the lesser of 2 evils for you.

Hoping it will be loud and filled to capacity tonight. Always good to have one of the rivals in at the Aud.

Old
11-27-2012, 04:11 PM
bidzey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchedGuy View Post
I guess right now that is the lesser of 2 evils for you.
couldn't have said that better

Old
11-27-2012, 04:45 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
You're a wise and discerning man.

Old
11-27-2012, 06:51 PM
bidzey

Quote:
You're a wise and discerning man.
come on... say it like you mean it

that last second first period goal sucked!! Rangers really deserved to win that period.

Old
11-27-2012, 07:21 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
come on... say it like you mean it

that last second first period goal sucked!! Rangers really deserved to win that period.
True, but at least we've tied it up.

Old
11-27-2012, 07:38 PM
bidzey

Quote:
Damn that Tierney goal!!!!!
ya it's too bad, was a nice deflection though... London is just lucky, if Kitchener keeps playing like this they'll win, they seem a bit hungrier than London for this game,

Bailie in one net, and Gibson in the other... now I feel like having a drink... I think I got a bottle of Gibson's finest in the cupboard somewhere
few bailies running around and a Gibson... not a good game to watch if you're a recovering alcoolic

Last edited by bidzey: 11-27-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old
11-27-2012, 08:05 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

Quote:
ya it's too bad, was a nice deflection though... London is just lucky, if Kitchener keeps playing like this they'll win, they seem a bit hungrier than London for this game,

Bailie in one net, and Gibson in the other... now I feel like having a drink... I think I got a bottle of Gibson's finest in the cupboard somewhere
few bailies running around and a Gibson... not a good game to watch if you're a recovering alcoolic
No doubt. I've had 4 pints of Guinness already.

Old
11-27-2012, 08:20 PM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

And we lost.

Hopefully we win against the Spitfires on Friday when I attend.

Old
11-27-2012, 08:26 PM
bidzey

Quote:
And we lost.

Hopefully we win against the Spitfires on Friday when I attend.
well.. at least Kitchener played them better than Owen Sound did. Better them be super hot now, than in the spring I guess...

Closed Thread