HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Sending a message to Rogers

Old
11-26-2012, 07:14 PM
-DeMo-

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to -DeMo-
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliolemieux View Post
For the 10th time. The games were shown LIVE on both LEafs TV and Rogers 10 last year. There were getting shown on Rogers 10 10years ago when I was going to school.

So committing to re-runs of content they own is stopping them from Showing Marlies games?

I think that is BS. Funny how CBC ditched everything to show Crosby's comeback game. They didn't seem to mind breaking a commitment then. If one station can do it no reason why others can't.

I am not asking for changes, I want the same damn thing there was last year. Which was Marlies games on Rogers 10 and LEafs TV.
they obviously had the contracts for last year and guess what they ethier lost it, aka got out bid, or the AHL decided not to give them out, or Rogers choose not to renew because it wasn't worth it plain and simple. for example Sportsnet just lost pretty much 100% of there TV rights to the EPL and next year will be 50-50 with TSN. it's the same reason why no Jays games get shown on TSN or no CFL games on RSN. I really don't understand why you don't get this... it's pretty simple no rights no show.

and it's funny because you know the difference between the Crosby game and a Marlies game. that game made CBC millions, and so the lawsuits for breach of contract probably didn't even come close to what they made in profits so it made sense, and I bet they had a deal with the NHL prior to the season started to show that game anyways.

for special circumstances I'm sure a TV station would be willing to ethier re-schedule or breach a contract but there's no way they do it for a Marlies game....

-DeMo- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 07:48 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DeMo- View Post
they obviously had the contracts for last year and guess what they ethier lost it, aka got out bid, or the AHL decided not to give them out, or Rogers choose not to renew because it wasn't worth it plain and simple. for example Sportsnet just lost pretty much 100% of there TV rights to the EPL and next year will be 50-50 with TSN. it's the same reason why no Jays games get shown on TSN or no CFL games on RSN. I really don't understand why you don't get this... it's pretty simple no rights no show.

and it's funny because you know the difference between the Crosby game and a Marlies game. that game made CBC millions, and so the lawsuits for breach of contract probably didn't even come close to what they made in profits so it made sense, and I bet they had a deal with the NHL prior to the season started to show that game anyways.

for special circumstances I'm sure a TV station would be willing to ethier re-schedule or breach a contract but there's no way they do it for a Marlies game....
That's almost a very good argument but it falls apart when you consider LEafsTV.

They own the channel. It is a channel dedicated to the Leafs and to a lesser extent the Marlies.

charliolemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 07:56 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by blader258 View Post
Im not surprised why you can't see how hard it is for me to understand. Simple minds I suppose.
Come on now don't be so hard on yourself.

Quote:
Your contract was not contingent on them showing Marlies games. Your content was for the channel and it's content was irrelevant of anything you agreed to.
Maybe my contract was contingent on them showing Marlies games. How the hell would you know?

Why do you even care? If you aren't going to join in then why waste your time?

Old
11-26-2012, 08:07 PM
Kessley Snipes

Quote:
Come on now don't be so hard on yourself.

Maybe my contract was contingent on them showing Marlies games. How the hell would you know?

Why do you even care? If you aren't going to join in then why waste your time?

You just proved my point

Kessley Snipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 08:09 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
Originally Posted by blader258 View Post
You just proved my point
YOU haven't made a point.

Old
11-26-2012, 08:10 PM
Prophet Kadri

This is beating the dead horse, Rogers doesn't care about your problems. I was getting ****ed by them and I decided to cancel. They hardly even tried to give me a deal, they pretty much just told me "OK bye".

Rogers and Bell are just a bunch of old boys clubs, they don't care about the customer, they don't care that they provide **** service for top $ they are just holding on a monopoly until whenever the government decides to let in the americans to lower the prices.

They most certainly don't care about improving Marlie broadcasting schedules because they don't see much of a market, or shall i say that advertisers don't see much of a market. They just want to hold on until the NHL an the PA and come to an agreement so things can come back to normal.

Prophet Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2012, 08:44 PM
Kessley Snipes

Quote:
YOU haven't made a point.

Like I said before.... Simple Minds.

Old
11-26-2012, 10:26 PM
-DeMo-

Quote:
That's almost a very good argument but it falls apart when you consider LEafsTV.

They own the channel. It is a channel dedicated to the Leafs and to a lesser extent the Marlies.
not really you think Leafs TV is gonna break a contract and be willing to get sued over showing the game live when they have no right to? I highly doubt it.

they clearly lost the contract period and therefore are not allowed to show it.

Old
11-27-2012, 07:48 AM
Sundinisagod
just give'r

Why should we be surprised?

Leafs TV is a perfect represntation of the Toronto Maple Leaf$ and how they treat their fans.

Nothing more to be said.

Sundinisagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 08:08 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Leafs' TV is not available out here.
AHL live is hugely overpriced. Actually more than Center Ice, which comes with Online and TV games for $200, and I don't get Leafs' black-outs here unless the game is carried on a network channel that I already have.

I think the AHL is missing the boat with their pricing.

Too bad it isn't called Marlies' TV, then you'd really have something to complain about.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
ULF_55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 08:11 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
This is beating the dead horse, Rogers doesn't care about your problems. I was getting ****ed by them and I decided to cancel. They hardly even tried to give me a deal, they pretty much just told me "OK bye".

Rogers and Bell are just a bunch of old boys clubs, they don't care about the customer, they don't care that they provide **** service for top $ they are just holding on a monopoly until whenever the government decides to let in the americans to lower the prices.

They most certainly don't care about improving Marlie broadcasting schedules because they don't see much of a market, or shall i say that advertisers don't see much of a market. They just want to hold on until the NHL an the PA and come to an agreement so things can come back to normal.
Maybe the customers should form an association to try and negotiate a better deal? But you'd have to be willing to give up something you like to force the owners' to negotiate.

Pretty much they offer take it or leave it deals.

Old
11-27-2012, 12:17 PM
Prophet Kadri

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Maybe the customers should form an association to try and negotiate a better deal? But you'd have to be willing to give up something you like to force the owners' to negotiate.

Pretty much they offer take it or leave it deals.
I always try to negotiate at the end of the contract, this time what they offered was worse than last year.

I wasn't interested in the "to get one channel, you need to buy 3 packages deal" I'm not gonna give up an extra $50 bucks for a few channels. Theres no deal to be made at that point.

Prophet Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 04:35 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
not really you think Leafs TV is gonna break a contract and be willing to get sued over showing the game live when they have no right to? I highly doubt it.

they clearly lost the contract period and therefore are not allowed to show it.
How can they break a contract when they own the rights?

They are showing games next month. So where's your contract then? Don't respond.

All you guys have missed the point by a mile.

THis isn't about the reason they aren't showing the games this thread is about sending a message to Rogers that they should be broadcasting the games.

So don't bother rambling on about contracts and sponsorship, or posting to just tell me how stupid or immature you think I am. I'm done responding to such drivel.

As I said I got a $50 rebate for complaining loud enough about no Marlies games. I think if you are paying a cable bill that might be incentive enough to take the time to do the same. If it works then its a Win win. YOu get $50 and we all get to see more Marlies games. If it doesn't work atleast an effort was made.

Old
11-27-2012, 04:40 PM
Kessley Snipes

Quote:
. I'm done responding to such drivel.
That's interesting because it seems that you have no problem continuing to post it.

Old
11-27-2012, 05:39 PM
Brozak
i scoreded a goal

Is this guy still crying about his 4 dollar subscription to Leafs TV?

Brozak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 05:45 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vamonos Pest View Post
Is this guy still crying about his 4 dollar subscription to Leafs TV?
No I don't think it is about the 4 dollars.

He'd like them to broadcast live Marlies games.

I'm guessing they would if they were allowed.

If they don't have the rights to broadcast live games they can't broadcast live games.

Old
11-27-2012, 07:50 PM
Leafsfan81

leafs tv 2.75 amonth ..techsavy is owned by rogers..u can run from rogers but somehow will be connected to them

Leafsfan81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2012, 09:35 PM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Marlies Today Back-2 back-2 back- 2 back from 10 -12. Then a LEafs OIlers game from 1983.

Actually should be a good watch.

IF it isn't the same game they showed last week where some no name goalie(Bunny Laracque) almost shut the Oil out.

JUst an avg night for Leafs TV.

NOw there is no Marlies game tonight, but this is par for the course. This is the kind of stuff they show even when there is a game on.

Edit: great game for those who missed it. GWG was front and center. Man he used to get abused.

Last edited by charliolemieux: 11-28-2012 at 12:46 AM.
Old
11-28-2012, 12:02 PM
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs

Quote:
Marlies Today Back-2 back-2 back- 2 back from 10 -12. Then a LEafs OIlers game from 1983.

Actually should be a good watch.

IF it isn't the same game they showed last week where some no name goalie(Bunny Laracque) almost shut the Oil out.

JUst an avg night for Leafs TV.

NOw there is no Marlies game tonight, but this is par for the course. This is the kind of stuff they show even when there is a game on.

Edit: great game for those who missed it. GWG was front and center. Man he used to get abused.
you should just let this die. it's obvious you aren't going to get the support you thought you would.

let the thread die a peaceful death

Patty Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 12:31 PM
TmlHockeyFan

At least you can see some games on television... Bell doesn't show ANY Marlies games.

TmlHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 04:48 PM
-DeMo-

Quote:
How can they break a contract when they own the rights?

They are showing games next month. So where's your contract then? Don't respond.
thats like saying why doesn't TSN show all 82 Leaf games live as they show some so they should be able to show them all!

contracts can specify they can show 15% or 20 games or however they want to slice it. it's not all or nothing in the sports broadcasting business. being that your a leaf fan and we got 4 different channels for leafs games I would have thought you would understand this but I guess not.

again I don't see your reasoning if it made sense financially to broadcast games live they would. it clearly doesn't so they sold some of there games to someone else to make money they otherwise wouldn't have or are just not showing them.

Old
11-28-2012, 04:55 PM
ACC1224
Burke was right.

Quote:
thats like saying why doesn't TSN show all 82 Leaf games live as they show some so they should be able to show them all!

contracts can specify they can show 15% or 20 games or however they want to slice it. it's not all or nothing in the sports broadcasting business. being that your a leaf fan and we got 4 different channels for leafs games I would have thought you would understand this but I guess not.

again I don't see your reasoning if it made sense financially to broadcast games live they would. it clearly doesn't so they sold some of there games to someone else to make money they otherwise wouldn't have or are just not showing them.
Seems pretty simple.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2012, 07:38 PM
leafspring*

Quote:
(Mods, please don't bury this in a Marlies thread)

I am getting progressively more pissed off with every Marlies game I miss because rogers fails to put it on TV. If they do put it on it is taped delayed by 3hrs. What's up with that?

So far I have managed to get a $50 rebate on my cable bill as a lame attempt to appease me, but that doesn't get me a HD Marlies LIVE game on my 46" TV. Talked to a couple of Managers but they pass it off.

I even kept LeafsTV this year thinking they would be showing most of the Games. Apparently a 1978 Leafs game is a better option.

So I am asking everyone who wants to see the Marlies LIVE on regular TV to complain to Rogers at every level and at every opportunity.

That means LeafTV, Sportsnet, and Rogers channel 10 and 1-888-ROGERS1.

Go to Rogers.com and scroll down to the bottom. Click "contact us". go to lodge a complaint. on question #2 answer no and it will open a chat with a customer service manager. He can't do anything but tell him the issue and get him to forward the complaint.

If enough people do it then they can't continue to ignore it.

With all the attention the Marlies get in the stickied threads I think there is enough to get a movement started. Maybe by NEw Years we can get the games on regular TV where they belong.
Do up a online petition ,and link it here bro. I will sign it,because a mass threat of cancellation of their services in a petition would get attention. Half the negative responses here are kids i'll bet. en they ain't even payin no bills i'm thinkin so lol.

leafspring* is offline   Reply With Quote