HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

2012-2013 Official BST Discussion Thread Part II

Closed Thread

Old
11-24-2012, 06:13 PM
luki here

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderson View Post
Bah. Poulin...
+1

when will bridgeport learn not to concede a goal in the first minutes?

Old
11-24-2012, 06:14 PM
nyiguy21
Poster of the Decade

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/watch/1553...-senators.html

Stream for tonight's game.

Old
11-24-2012, 06:24 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Is that Jessiman as in Hugh Jessiman?

Old
11-24-2012, 06:33 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Why are we watching a kid move a toothbrush with a mini hockey stick?

Old
11-24-2012, 06:42 PM
nyiguy21
Poster of the Decade

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkman360 View Post
Is that Jessiman as in Hugh Jessiman?
Yes.
Quote:
Jumbotron feed. Must be some sort of minigame Bingo does during play stoppages.

Old
11-26-2012, 11:19 AM
luki here

Quote:
have you watched a lot of ahl games online? bridgeport always has crappy pie eating competitions and oh... apparently ahl stadiums are full of screaming kids. Its absurd really.

Old
11-26-2012, 02:15 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukasfindl View Post
have you watched a lot of ahl games online? bridgeport always has crappy pie eating competitions and oh... apparently ahl stadiums are full of screaming kids. Its absurd really.
i've been to a couple of games, never watched the stream. Heard the screaming kids before, never noticed the stupid games though.

Old
11-26-2012, 06:44 PM
luki here

Quote:
i've been to a couple of games, never watched the stream. Heard the screaming kids before, never noticed the stupid games though.
i am jealous

Old
11-26-2012, 07:56 PM
blinkman360
Back to Basics

Quote:
i am jealous
Don't be too jealous. It's no Islanders hockey...which I guess isn't saying much.

Old
11-28-2012, 12:43 AM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Not really mentioned yet, but the boys had a another rough loss Saturday night - 6-1 to Binghampton. Judging from the highlights, the Sens got a number of odd-man breaks. Can't say Poulin looked particularly sharp on a few of those goals against.

Kind of looks like the Tigers really need Poulin or Nilsson to simply have a few outstanding games to right the ship. The team has given up 5, 7 and 6 goals against in the past three. Some of the goals against have been of the unfortunate variety, but a few most would classify as 'stoppable' have found their way in.

For those watching, has it just been a combination of bad breaks and a few bad player decisions along the way? Does it look like there may be some systematic deficiencies? Have these recent shaky nights also had their origin in the defensive group of Hamonic, Ness, Donovan, Wishart, McIver, Landry and Hill?

Old
11-28-2012, 07:21 AM
NYI78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chapin Landvogt View Post
Not really mentioned yet, but the boys had a another rough loss Saturday night - 6-1 to Binghampton. Judging from the highlights, the Sens got a number of odd-man breaks. Can't say Poulin looked particularly sharp on a few of those goals against.

Kind of looks like the Tigers really need Poulin or Nilsson to simply have a few outstanding games to right the ship. The team has given up 5, 7 and 6 goals against in the past three. Some of the goals against have been of the unfortunate variety, but a few most would classify as 'stoppable' have found their way in.

For those watching, has it just been a combination of bad breaks and a few bad player decisions along the way? Does it look like there may be some systematic deficiencies? Have these recent shaky nights also had their origin in the defensive group of Hamonic, Ness, Donovan, Wishart, McIver, Landry and Hill?
Ness Landry and Wishart have simply been terrible..they are awful in their own end. While neither goalie has been steller they have received no help..for instance one of the goals the other night wishart watched a whale forward in front of the net score after nilsson made the first THREE saves..i almost threw up. also the PK has been bad as well. they really miss dehaan out there, hopefully a week at practice will right the ship

Old
11-28-2012, 09:46 AM
redbull
Expect more

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYI78 View Post
Ness Landry and Wishart have simply been terrible..they are awful in their own end. While neither goalie has been steller they have received no help..for instance one of the goals the other night wishart watched a whale forward in front of the net score after nilsson made the first THREE saves..i almost threw up. also the PK has been bad as well. they really miss dehaan out there, hopefully a week at practice will right the ship
Wishart always seemed a bit clueless out there, well, on the Islanders anyway. He seemed a step behind, lacked confidence with the puck and confused or S L O W without the puck.

Ness is also not going to be an NHL player. I don't think he's good enough offensively to overcome his defensive weaknesses.

I suspect BP really missed deHaan and Cizikas, on both sides of the puck. What's up with Cizikas, he hasn't played in a long time, what injury does he have?

ALSO, Bridgeport is the second youngest team in the AHL. Young teams are notorious for inconsistency, especially on defense. It's pretty impressive that they've been able to get off to such a great start, with key injuries, in a strong league (given the lockout).

Last edited by redbull: 11-28-2012 at 10:00 AM.
Old
11-28-2012, 10:28 AM
NYI78

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
Wishart always seemed a bit clueless out there, well, on the Islanders anyway. He seemed a step behind, lacked confidence with the puck and confused or S L O W without the puck.

Ness is also not going to be an NHL player. I don't think he's good enough offensively to overcome his defensive weaknesses.

I suspect BP really missed deHaan and Cizikas, on both sides of the puck. What's up with Cizikas, he hasn't played in a long time, what injury does he have?

ALSO, Bridgeport is the second youngest team in the AHL. Young teams are notorious for inconsistency, especially on defense. It's pretty impressive that they've been able to get off to such a great start, with key injuries, in a strong league (given the lockout).
ness will not play in the nhl....he gets manhandled at times here...cizikas is very close to coming back.and yes they do miss dehaan

Old
11-29-2012, 08:12 PM
Isles Enforcer

Send a message via AIM to Isles Enforcer Send a message via Yahoo to Isles Enforcer
I really think you guys are overrating DeHaan. Im not saying he won't be an NHL regular or that hes a good/great player but he isn't and wasn't BPT's best defenseman last year or this one.

I just think the problems are the fact that this team is YOUNG. They are going to have growing pains. The other problem; look att he defensive roster, more "offensive" minded players than defensive. Hamonic cannot carry this team on his back. Someone has to help out defensively. Wishart has been and always be terrible. Donovan is the only one here that has the potential to be Hamonic's "wing man" and help out with the defensive indifference.

Old
11-29-2012, 11:29 PM
seafoam
Fluorescent Adolescent

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles Enforcer View Post
I really think you guys are overrating DeHaan. Im not saying he won't be an NHL regular or that hes a good/great player but he isn't and wasn't BPT's best defenseman last year or this one.

I just think the problems are the fact that this team is YOUNG. They are going to have growing pains. The other problem; look att he defensive roster, more "offensive" minded players than defensive. Hamonic cannot carry this team on his back. Someone has to help out defensively. Wishart has been and always be terrible. Donovan is the only one here that has the potential to be Hamonic's "wing man" and help out with the defensive
Everytime I've watched Bridgeport, he was paired with Wishart and covered his ass frequently. de Haan's skating and poise kept defenders contained and moved the puck up ice very efficiently (sp). His game is not flashy nor does he put up points, but he is certainly a good defenseman. He showed that with his one game call-up.

Old
11-29-2012, 11:31 PM
luki here

Quote:
Who was this years best playing defender then?

Old
11-30-2012, 12:53 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Big Brock

Quote:
Who was this years best playing defender then?
I don't know about this year, but last year it was definitely Donovan.

Old
11-30-2012, 07:14 AM
NYI78

Quote:

I just think the problems are the fact that this team is YOUNG. They are going to have growing pains. The other problem; look att he defensive roster, more "offensive" minded players than defensive. Hamonic cannot carry this team on his back. Someone has to help out defensively. Wishart has been and always be terrible. Donovan is the only one here that has the potential to be Hamonic's "wing man" and help out with the defensive indifference.
dehaan was great in his own end..i was not expecting that either..he was responsible and more physical than i expected. he was better than anyone on the roster right now except hamonic

Old
11-30-2012, 09:02 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:

Really? Pronman begs to differ.

http://www.hockeyprospectus.com/arti...articleid=1352

July 19, 2012
The Good: De Haan started off the year with some struggles adjusting to the pro level, but by the end of the season he regularly looked like Bridgeport's best defenseman. He has high-end hockey sense on offense and defense and really stands out with his poise and reads on and off the puck. De Haan is a very effective outlet passer who moves the puck around fine on the power play, and a player scout said this year that he "got a lot of third assists." De Haan shows the ability to excel as a tough minutes shutdown defenseman who can also put up a fair amount of points.

Old
11-30-2012, 09:04 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
dehaan was great in his own end..i was not expecting that either..he was responsible and more physical than i expected. he was better than anyone on the roster right now except hamonic
I thougt De Haan was Bridgeport's steadiest d-man before being injured this season.

Old
11-30-2012, 09:08 AM
StumpNYI

I can't recall any time I've seen de Haan play and not be impressed. Even in his one call up he was challenging Hamonic as the our best dman that particular game.

Old
11-30-2012, 09:08 AM
NYI78

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I thougt De Haan was Bridgeport's steadiest d-man before being injured this season.
he really was

Old
11-30-2012, 09:37 AM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

Quote:
he really was
From the little I saw of CDH this year, he stood out big time. It was his poise and smarts that really shined. Losing him was a big blow because he was going to be counted on for big minutes with Hammer and Donovan. It's a shame.

Old
11-30-2012, 10:31 AM
Poulin 0n My St1ck

vCash: 50
Yeah, that Calvin de Haan was probably going to win d-man of the year judging from the 3 games he played. Over .50 PPG and a +1 and, moreover, was THE difference maker in those 3 games. How else could the Sound Tigers have started 3-0? Not without Calvin de Haan.

Edit: But seriously, I saw him live the second game against Providence, and he honestly looked more poised than Hammer. Fluid skater, crisp passer, relaxed under pressure.

What's up with Hammer this year? Does he think he's too good for the AHL and is putting in a half-*** effort?

Last edited by Poulin 0n My St1ck: 11-30-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old
11-30-2012, 10:36 AM
luki here

Quote:
In that limited time (3 games) he was much more focused than hamonic. Poised player...

Now i am not sold that donovan isnt outperforming hammer, who seems outta his element in the offensive zone.

Closed Thread