HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

12-13' Prospects Thread Version XIII: The name is Cameranesi. Tony Cameranesi.

Closed Thread

Old
11-27-2012, 11:40 PM
maplehawk
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
MJ wins in the shootout. Rielly with 2 assists on goals late in the 3rd to tie. He really put the team on his back late after looking a bit tired in the 2nd period.

24 pts in 27 games now.

Old
11-28-2012, 12:11 AM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

good for reilly
he was playing well, just not getting rewarded, hopefully he keeps it up

Old
11-28-2012, 12:28 AM
Antropovsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiladelphiaKessel View Post
I see him turning out to be a Troy Brouwer type. Can play on any line cause of his physical presence but can also put up some points
Not a fan of Brouwer, lacks a mean streak, Biggs doesn't.

Tangradi, here's a guy who tore up the ohl in his final year, and is proof that point totals mean nothing. Caputi is another example.

Old
11-28-2012, 12:50 AM
ktf

Send a message via MSN to ktf
Okay! Just home from the Royals games... thought I would share my observations. Firstly, as a Royals fan...it was quite easy to become a Moose Jaw fan for Rielly.
-Moose Jaw is really bad... they came back to win this game, but the first two periods they had 0 serious scoring chances. The Royals really let them off the hook to be honest.
-In relation to that point, I found he looked frustrated at times and often bored. I really noticed this after my sister (who had no awareness of who he was and is a canucks fan) remarked how much better he was then everyone and his team sucked.
-His skating is fantastic, but he takes chances that at an NHL level he might not recover from. He also really needs to work on closing attacking forwards down. I noticed it during the super series(which I partly attributed to Russian skill), but tonight he had the same issue. He would often let opposing forwards into a scoring area before closing the gap.
-The third Victoria goal was a primary example of his risk taking. He was sneaking down a bit on the weak side and he was too far over. There was a turnover on the wall of the strong side and the puck was chipped down the middle for a Royals breakaway. If Rielly was in position this goal is prevented. His speed made it interesting though.
-The game tying goal was just beautiful. He caught the clearing attempt at the blueline, put it down cut down the middle of the ice. Rather then force a shot he slide a perfect crisp 5 foot pass to a player in an even better spot. Bam tie game.
-Unrelated remark. Joel Edmundson is a tool. If you coach a hockey team and want to teach a lesson, he should have been planted to the bench. St. Louis can have him.
-Travis Brown isn't anything special, benefits a lot from Rielly.
-Back to Morgan! Dictates the pace of the play. His teammates really are just not up to his level. I cannot wait (fingers crossed) to see him at the world juniors and perhaps in the memorial cup following a trade to a contender.
-Crisp passer
-his shot needs work. It is very light. Reminds me of Jake Gardiner last year. He finds ways to get it off and through, but it is often just too soft. The key fact though... he gets it through.
Enjoyed the game tonight! Loved the large amount of leafs fans in attendance.

Old
11-28-2012, 12:57 AM
maplehawk
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktf View Post
Okay! Just home from the Royals games... thought I would share my observations. Firstly, as a Royals fan...it was quite easy to become a Moose Jaw fan for Rielly.
-Moose Jaw is really bad... they came back to win this game, but the first two periods they had 0 serious scoring chances. The Royals really let them off the hook to be honest.
-In relation to that point, I found he looked frustrated at times and often bored. I really noticed this after my sister (who had no awareness of who he was and is a canucks fan) remarked how much better he was then everyone and his team sucked.
-His skating is fantastic, but he takes chances that at an NHL level he might not recover from. He also really needs to work on closing attacking forwards down. I noticed it during the super series(which I partly attributed to Russian skill), but tonight he had the same issue. He would often let opposing forwards into a scoring area before closing the gap.
-The third Victoria goal was a primary example of his risk taking. He was sneaking down a bit on the weak side and he was too far over. There was a turnover on the wall of the strong side and the puck was chipped down the middle for a Royals breakaway. If Rielly was in position this goal is prevented. His speed made it interesting though.
-The game tying goal was just beautiful. He caught the clearing attempt at the blueline, put it down cut down the middle of the ice. Rather then force a shot he slide a perfect crisp 5 foot pass to a player in an even better spot. Bam tie game.
-Unrelated remark. Joel Edmundson is a tool. If you coach a hockey team and want to teach a lesson, he should have been planted to the bench. St. Louis can have him.
-Travis Brown isn't anything special, benefits a lot from Rielly.
-Back to Morgan! Dictates the pace of the play. His teammates really are just not up to his level. I cannot wait (fingers crossed) to see him at the world juniors and perhaps in the memorial cup following a trade to a contender.
-Crisp passer
-his shot needs work. It is very light. Reminds me of Jake Gardiner last year. He finds ways to get it off and through, but it is often just too soft. The key fact though... he gets it through.
Enjoyed the game tonight! Loved the large amount of leafs fans in attendance.
I had no problem with this play personally and really don't think it's fair to pin any of it on Rielly.

Down by 1 late and their pushing for a goal in the offensive end. I wouldn't even say Rielly was pinching down, he simply didn't evacuate the zone when the puck came back to the line - and so he shouldn't have. Looked to me like his partner had a relatively easy play but whiffed it which lead to the breakaway...nothing Rielly can do there.

If they tables were turned and they were up by 1 goal late, I'm sure Rielly would've back peddled out of the zone as it came back to the line just to be safe, but in my opinion, there was no reason for him to do so on this particular play.

Old
11-28-2012, 08:48 AM
ktf

Send a message via MSN to ktf
Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehawk View Post
I had no problem with this play personally and really don't think it's fair to pin any of it on Rielly.

Down by 1 late and their pushing for a goal in the offensive end. I wouldn't even say Rielly was pinching down, he simply didn't evacuate the zone when the puck came back to the line - and so he shouldn't have. Looked to me like his partner had a relatively easy play but whiffed it which lead to the breakaway...nothing Rielly can do there.

If they tables were turned and they were up by 1 goal late, I'm sure Rielly would've back peddled out of the zone as it came back to the line just to be safe, but in my opinion, there was no reason for him to do so on this particular play.
That is a fair point... I do tend to lean a little bit in a conservative direction regardless.
I found a general issue for Rielly to be what I bolded in your statement. It was not always his d partner, but I found his teammates would whiff simple plays that put him out slightly, because he was already jumping ahead anticipating the completion of a simple move

Old
11-28-2012, 10:00 AM
SarcazemKadri

Nice write up ktf. Its unfortunate his team is not up to par as that will certainly not instill beneficial tendencies to MR's game. I hope he is traded to a contender so he will be held accountable and can play a more pro-style game.

Old
11-28-2012, 07:23 PM
kilgro
Thank you Burke!

Brown with another assist so far. Broll has 1g1a against Sudbury. Leivo not in the lineup again

Old
11-28-2012, 09:04 PM
Hawaiinleaf

Broll 1 G 1A and he put a guy through the boards

How about Broll Rupert Devane 4th line

Ross Komorov Biggs 3rd line

Old
11-28-2012, 09:10 PM
Funk Volume
Independent Living

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiinleaf View Post
Broll 1 G 1A and he put a guy through the boards

How about Broll Rupert Devane 4th line

Ross Komorov Biggs 3rd line
Elaborate on "put a guy through the boards"

And that bottom six will produce 0 offence.

Old
11-28-2012, 09:26 PM
OptimusForever
#teambernier

vCash: 50
Looks like broll finishes with 1G2A and connor brown finishes with 2A

Old
11-28-2012, 09:27 PM
maplehawk
HFB Partner

I have a feeling Rielly is in for a good night. Has looked excellent in the opening 10 mins and the Vancouver play by play guys cant stop talking about him

Old
11-28-2012, 09:33 PM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Wow, the Giants are getting dominated in their end despite taking an early lead. the shots are 8-1 in Moose Jaws favor.

Old
11-28-2012, 09:49 PM
Liminality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funk Volume View Post
Elaborate on "put a guy through the boards"

And that bottom six will produce 0 offence.
All I can imagine is Broll literally putting a guy through the boards hulk style.

Bring this guy up!
Really though I like him as a prospect for the bottom line sometime.

Last edited by Liminality: 11-28-2012 at 10:05 PM.
Old
11-28-2012, 09:52 PM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Damn what's up with Leivo?

Old
11-28-2012, 10:26 PM
Funk Volume
Independent Living

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liminality View Post
All I can imagine is Broll literally putting a guy through the boards hulk style.

Bring this guy up!
Really though I like him as a prospect for the bottom line sometime.
Lol same.

And I think it'll happen, if his skating is good enough.

Old
11-28-2012, 11:10 PM
TheNorthFace
Mo and Willy

Moose Jaw outplaying Vancouver, but can't bury and chances. Really hope to see Rielly traded to a contender around the new year.

Old
11-28-2012, 11:25 PM
Gberg

Reilly with the go ahead goal! 5 minutes left

Old
11-28-2012, 11:32 PM
Edbleafs

lol talking about Powerforward this teletubby power forward from Detroit red wings (chickenwings) is funny

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1..._hp_ref=hockey

Old
11-28-2012, 11:32 PM
maplehawk
HFB Partner

Rielly scores on a 2 on 1 late in the 3rd to put MJ up 2-1

Old
11-28-2012, 11:35 PM
maplehawk
HFB Partner

Expect a Rielly video within the hour..he's been exceptional tonight.

Old
11-29-2012, 12:01 AM
JacobimMugatu
HF Strength Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplehawk View Post
Expect a Rielly video within the hour..he's been exceptional tonight.

Old
11-29-2012, 12:24 AM
maplehawk
HFB Partner

Kid was ON tonight:

https://twitter.com/antontibaldi

Note: That is the Vancouver play by play team.

Old
11-29-2012, 12:31 AM
Liminality

Rielly is so agile on the ice. Thanks for the highlights!

Old
11-29-2012, 12:54 AM
4evaBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarcazemKadri View Post
Nice write up ktf. Its unfortunate his team is not up to par as that will certainly not instill beneficial tendencies to MR's game. I hope he is traded to a contender so he will be held accountable and can play a more pro-style game.
I disagree. His first instincts are great, and now he has a great chance to work on his "OH @#$!" reflexes when the play doesn't develop as anticipated. Most NHL players will complete such trivial plays, but they're also prone to brainfarts. Having more exposure to such situations could actually help his defensive awareness a lot.

I think his current situation serves his development better than putting him on a stacked team. How does the Oilers' kids playing Globetrotters in a league where they don't belong help their development? Sure, it keeps them sharp, and in game shape, but honestly, the competition just isn't there for them.

Edit: Thanks for the highlights maplehawk.

Last edited by 4evaBlue: 11-29-2012 at 01:03 AM.
Closed Thread