Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Baseball MLB, NCAA, International

WBC Roster Speculation

Old
11-28-2012, 12:53 AM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

vCash: 500
I went to a game last WBC in Orlando, FLD @ the Braves AAA stadium. It was an opening round game, Dominican Rep. vs Australia. I think the score was 14-3 DR, but for a lop-sided score it was quite the game.
For one side it was an all-star lineup, which is something I don't get to see live everyday. The other reason was the atmosphere was like nothing I have ever experienced. Congo lines, drum banging, dancing and chanting in the aisles, it had some island feel to it for sure.
To me I like the idea. It is a new concept, but it is worth a look for sure. I hope more players and countries take it with more pride and more fans give it a chance.

PantherboyHTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 09:25 PM
DoyleG
Mr. Reality

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grillinnap View Post
They'll always find a way to succeed since they play this tournament seriously unlike teams that have rosters that are 100% major league talent. Teams like the US and Dominican Republic will have a lotmof substitutions throughout each game MLB team owners don't want their players to play full-time.
The Japanese teams are more domestic in nature and losing some MLB stars wouldn't hurt as much. Quite the opposite, it would give national talent and opportunity to shine.

Canada has had good national teams in the past couple of years. Filling it with MLB players due to their "profile" isn't going to help.

DoyleG is offline   Reply With Quote