HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Luongo thread continued...

Closed Thread

Old
11-27-2012, 08:21 PM
BayStBullies
Burn the Boats!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYVanfan View Post
and he was PPG avg for the 4 years prior, with a 95 pts season in there to boot.
meanwhile Lupul just broke 60 pts for the first time in 8 years, and has otherwise been a 30-50 pt player.
So to be clear; Kulemin should be based on the production from last season alone; in this thread. When it comes to Vancouver players; this rule does not apply?

Lupul is also apparently exempt from this rule as well....

Are you guys even reading the posts; before commenting?

Old
11-27-2012, 08:22 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
I clearly preface my statement with "___if___", so as to suppose value (it's supposition), not define it. It comes down to reading comprehension SB... You did bold the "if" right?

I have well maintained that the deal gets done close to Gardiner's value. As in, Gardiner is replaced in the package. However, I am supposing what pieces get close. Does Kadri alone? Does Kadri + Percy do it? etc...

If you don't get what I'm proposing, say so. Don't misinterpret my text, use them as a springboard to say how you disagree, and then wonder why you are corrected on it. Clarify first, then respond. Seems logical right? Your inference as to what others are thinking is amusing as well.

This is true. This one I will concede as Connolly does come off the books at the end of the year. However, is he still a "salary dump"? If yes, then the thought still holds, regardless of the reason _I_ gave you. And I hope this team isn't open to taking on 4.75m Connolly with the intention of throwing him away at the end of the year. Assets should want to be retained no?

Perhaps he feels he shouldn't have to take on salary when dealing a good player? Maybe.
Haha. Glad I could amuse you.

Old
11-27-2012, 08:25 PM
KeninsFan
"Unintentional" Tank

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStBullies View Post
So to be clear; Kulemin should be based on the production from last season alone; in this thread. When it comes to Vancouver players; this rule does not apply?

Lupul is also apparently exempt from this rule as well....
To be fair Leafs fans have to trying to trade for Luongo the backup.

Old
11-27-2012, 08:34 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
To Van- Kulemin, Frattin, Biggs, Percy
To Tor- Luongo, Raymond

Toronto holds onto all their top assets and their 1st rd pick.

The Canucks get bigger and younger - 2 things Gillis said he's looking to do.
That will never happen. You'll be LUCKY to get a prospect and a 1st, and that's pushing it. Luongo is no longer in his prime. He's 33, signed to a 10 yr contract with a cap hit of 5.3 m for each of those 10 yrs. He also comes with some baggage. Plus he obviously wants out of Vancuver and is on the record for saying he would welcome a trade out of Vancouver. He's even gone on the record to saying he would prefer to play with his former team, Florida. All that adds up to Vancouver NOT getting a great return for Luongo. If MG was offered a 1st and a prospect he woudl jump at the chance EASILY!

Old
11-27-2012, 08:50 PM
Vankiller Whale
#GetJimBinned

vCash: 1815
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
That will never happen. You'll be LUCKY to get a prospect and a 1st, and that's pushing it. Luongo is no longer in his prime. He's 33, signed to a 10 yr contract with a cap hit of 5.3 m for each of those 10 yrs. He also comes with some baggage. Plus he obviously wants out of Vancuver and is on the record for saying he would welcome a trade out of Vancouver. He's even gone on the record to saying he would prefer to play with his former team, Florida. All that adds up to Vancouver NOT getting a great return for Luongo. If MG was offered a 1st and a prospect he woudl jump at the chance EASILY!
No, he wouldn't.

See how easy that was?

And do you mind showing me where he said he'd welcome a trade out of Vancouver?

Old
11-27-2012, 08:52 PM
ginner classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper81 View Post
Well how many games have you watched? In the mean time Kadri plays top line minutes in the AHL. I still don't see how its top six or bust for him, he played third line minutes and put up 19 points in 51 games in the NHL and Toronto had an above 500 record with him in the line up, why would that make him top 6 or bust in your mind?
He managed to play on the third line of a team that did not make the playoffs and was totally shredded in goals against. He reported to camp out of shape and already has a reputation in that regard. He's boom bust because we've already seen what Vinnie did to Hodgson.

Kadri would have had a cup of coffee in Vancouver, at best.

Old
11-27-2012, 08:59 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
No, he wouldn't.

See how easy that was?

And do you mind showing me where he said he'd welcome a trade out of Vancouver?
Enjoy....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIJf5maQtJY

Old
11-27-2012, 09:03 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:

Also this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d5WUDYcggE

Old
11-27-2012, 09:03 PM
KeninsFan
"Unintentional" Tank

Quote:
I'm 99% sure you didn't watch the clip.

Old
11-27-2012, 09:06 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthsn View Post
I'm 99% sure you didn't watch the clip.
Here's a little more....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX6F5SSV-A8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUdCL...ture=endscreen

Old
11-27-2012, 09:07 PM
Vankiller Whale
#GetJimBinned

Quote:
Yeah, except Gillis and Luongo are both ready to start training camp(whenever that is).

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle4540203/

Old
11-27-2012, 09:07 PM
KeninsFan
"Unintentional" Tank

Quote:
You didn't watch that one either did you?

Old
11-27-2012, 09:12 PM
Vankiller Whale
#GetJimBinned

Quote:
Link one is him talking to a Florida reporter about how nice Florida is, and that Florida may be an option for him.

Link two just proves that he's fine staying here and hasn't even been asked to waive his NTC by Gillis.

What exactly does this show?

Old
11-27-2012, 09:15 PM
DougGilmour93

You are't willing to see the writing on the wall. It's almost comical.

All I'm stating is that it's obvious that Luongo wants to be moved elsewhere I know you see it, you're just too stubborn to admit it as you know it will effect his trade value when it come to the return you'll get for him.

Not to mention, there is no market for goalies out there right now, or recently for that matter.

Eventually you'll all come to the conclusion that you will NOT get the return you believe he's worth. For some, you are truly "out there" that will only come with an aactual announcement of a trade.

In no way are my proposals an insult, if anything that are realistic. I hope some of you will see that.

Last edited by spiny norman: 11-28-2012 at 12:05 AM. Reason: not needed
Old
11-27-2012, 09:18 PM
KeninsFan
"Unintentional" Tank

Quote:
Gillis:
"I'm ok going into the season with both goalies"

Luongo:
"I have't been asked to waive my NTC"
"I haven't been asked for a list"
"I'm preparing to go into next season [as a Canuck]"
"I don't want to be a distraction"

Of course Gillis and Luongo are lying...almost comical right?
It seems those who want Luongo but think they won't pay are delusional.

Last edited by spiny norman: 11-28-2012 at 12:06 AM. Reason: qep
Old
11-27-2012, 09:36 PM
Liferleafer
Bring on Stome-afin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthsn View Post
Gillis:
"I'm ok going into the season with both goalies"

Luongo:
"I have't been asked to waive my NTC"
"I haven't been asked for a list"
"I'm preparing to go into next season [as a Canuck]"
"I don't want to be a distraction"

Of course Gillis and Luongo are lying...almost comical right?
It seems those who want Luongo but think they won't pay are delusional.
I want Luongo...i don't want to pay Gillis' price (or even close).

Doesn't make me delusional.

Old
11-27-2012, 09:39 PM
Vankiller Whale
#GetJimBinned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post

Agreed. It's some of the other posters(imo) that believe that Luongo will fall into their lap for barely anything.

Then again we have no idea what Gillis or Burke's bottom line is in terms of what they'd need in a deal. We've found some common ground in the past, you and I. Hopefully Burke and Gillis see things similarly.

Old
11-27-2012, 09:43 PM
KeninsFan
"Unintentional" Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post

You atleast expect to pay or that's what I gather from your proposals of Lupul++

Old
11-27-2012, 09:44 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Yeah, Rielly or Gardiner and a 1st and Gillis jumps at it. Kadri and a 1st and Gillis declines without consideration IMO.

That package I proposed was worth considerably less than Gardiner and a 1st.

If Burke wants to hold onto all his top assets it's going to cost him a valuable quantity package, likely similar to what I proposed. Don't like purging multiple young assets, put somebody on the table with significant value...

Old
11-27-2012, 09:55 PM
Bleach Clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Yeah, Rielly or Gardiner and a 1st and Gillis jumps at it. Kadri and a 1st and Gillis declines without consideration IMO.

That package I proposed was worth considerably less than Gardiner and a 1st.

If Burke wants to hold onto all his top assets it's going to cost him a valuable quantity package, likely similar to what I proposed. Don't like purging multiple young assets, put somebody on the table with significant value...

Exactly. Move off key assets and you will have to make up the difference in quantity value. People are not understanding this.

The dubious position here is to suppose that Burke doesn't have to be anywhere close to the initial demand - which pretty much implies that Gillis was throwing something against the wall and hoping it would stick. I don't think this. There are clear positional upgrades in that package, and to move away from those key pieces should cost other pieces to get close, otherwise why throw that initial offer out there at all? If it's just to set the ceiling, Gillis should have started with Kessel + Phaneuf +++... In other words, the initial demand means something, whether people want to admit it or not.

Old
11-28-2012, 12:49 AM
DanCloutiers5hole

Quote:

All I'm stating is that it's obvious that Luongo wants to be moved elsewhere I know you see it, you're just too stubborn to admit it as you know it will effect his trade value when it come to the return you'll get for him.

Not to mention, there is no market for goalies out there right now, or recently for that matter.

Eventually you'll all come to the conclusion that you will NOT get the return you believe he's worth. For some, you are truly "out there" that will only come with an aactual announcement of a trade.

In no way are my proposals an insult, if anything that are realistic. I hope some of you will see that.

You don't seem like a unintelligent person so you must realize we are on two different sides of a debate. No matter what we try to say to the other side in terms of fairness or value the other will never concede. I don't think anything your saying is untrue because its your opinion just like i have one and there both completely biased lol..... As for the Loungo wanting a trade stuff, if you pay attention to the videos he's portraying a person who's accepting his fate that the team may be going with Schneider more than a disgruntled player demanding trade. He's been a consummate pro through this whole thing, not a disruption which i think you've unintentionally been portraying him as.

Old
11-28-2012, 12:57 AM
F l a m e s
#winitforgio

Quote:

I don't think they will until he is actually moved. It will be hilarious to come back and quote all the "Rielly and a 1st" or "Gardiner and a 1st" or "Lupul + Bozak" etc... Let them dream.

Old
11-28-2012, 01:20 AM
Vankiller Whale
#GetJimBinned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
I don't think they will until he is actually moved. It will be hilarious to come back and quote all the "Rielly and a 1st" or "Gardiner and a 1st" or "Lupul + Bozak" etc... Let them dream.
For every Canucks fan saying Gardiner/Rielly + 1st there is a Leafs fans thinking Komisarek + 4th.

Which thankfully are few and far between.

But Lupul + Bozak is rather weak, as both have only a few months left on their deal and would be looking for pay raises. I'd be okay with Lupul being the centrepiece as long as there is at least some value to help mitigate the risk of him walking.

Old
11-28-2012, 01:28 AM
F l a m e s
#winitforgio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
For every Canucks fan saying Gardiner/Rielly + 1st there is a Leafs fans thinking Komisarek + 4th.

Which thankfully are few and far between.

But Lupul + Bozak is rather weak, as both have only a few months left on their deal and would be looking for pay raises. I'd be okay with Lupul being the centrepiece as long as there is at least some value to help mitigate the risk of him walking.
Fair and honest post, but you are one of the few imo. I respect most of your ideas, suggestions, etc... but it gets ludicrous when fans start demanding Rielly + 2013 1st round pick.

I think Komisarek will be in the deal for numbers sake... Komi + Bozak + 2nd/or Kadri

Just have to wait and see.

Old
11-28-2012, 01:33 AM
dats81

How desperate do they have to be offering more than picks or complementary players to take this 10 year albatross of a contract?

Not even the Flyers would do this

Closed Thread