HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

C Aleksander Barkov - Tampere Tappara, FEL (2013 Draft) - Part II

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2012, 05:05 AM
Leehh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Kunitz was quite a bit better offensively than DSP has shown himself to be. I think you'd be underrating Kunitz something fierce to even compare the two.

I agree with HLM that DSP has not shown top six offense thus far. If he gets top six minutes it will be as a complementary player, and with every expectation that he'll be out there to hit, forecheck hard, and go to the dirty areas. Any offense he contributes will likely come from playing with the two best offensive forwards on the team. This is all barring some unlikely breakout in DSP's game, but he seems a much better bet as a 3rd line type.
Nobody thought back in 2005 that Perry would be 50 goal scorer in NHL or Simmonds even making it in to the NHL before 2008 season.

Old
11-28-2012, 05:53 AM
armyjoe

what`s up with Barkov not playing today?

Old
11-28-2012, 06:00 AM
Chased By Trolls
Generational Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyjoe View Post
what`s up with Barkov not playing today?
He's got a fever so he can't play tonight.

Old
11-28-2012, 06:17 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chased By Trolls View Post
He's got a fever so he can't play tonight.
They should try prescribing him some cowbell.

Old
11-28-2012, 07:31 AM
Oan

Bust, top-3 projected draftee cannot be allowed to have a fever.

Old
11-28-2012, 08:03 AM
Tuomaz

Clearly too injury prone. Not top-5 pick anymore.

Old
11-28-2012, 08:26 AM
Leehh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oan View Post
Bust, top-3 projected draftee cannot be allowed to have a fever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomaz View Post
Clearly too injury prone. Not top-5 pick anymore.
These so called 'jokes' are dry as your grandma's business.

Old
11-28-2012, 08:43 AM
Tuomaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leehh View Post
These so called 'jokes' are dry as your grandma's business.
luckily we have you to raise the bar with the classic grandma joke.

Old
11-28-2012, 09:43 AM
thomast

I've thinking teams which would be best fit for Barkov. I don't say that it's the most likely scenario but benefits Barkov and his developement.

Detroit red wings

There is no question about this one. He fits perfectly for Detroit puck possession system. He is already polished defensively and has Datsyuk like patience and poise in the game. Datsyuk is one of his favourite players and he has alot of qualities from Datsyuk. Barkov speaks Russian as native language. Could step right away to play with Datsyuk.

Montreal Canadiens

Barkov has stated that he is huge fan of canadian hockey and excited about their hockey culture and fans. Habs has team that haven't had true #1 center in ages and they haven't won much lately. They have Galchenyuk who would most likely start his NHL career at the same time with Barkov. They both are partly russian so they already have similar backrounds. Galchenyuk is an center prospect yes but i could see him being Hossa like complete winger and he would get more to use his speed and get less defensive duties when Barkov who is more like classic centre takes care of them. They could play as duo quite soon and get along extremely well.

Barkov seems to be player who gets better when there is pressure in him. What would be better place than bell centre? Barkov has great desire to win. When they interviewed finnish WJC team players and coaches last year they what their goal is at the tournament. Every player and coach who was interviewed stated that medal would be excellent but 16 year old boy named Barkov stated that he wants to win gold and it is possible. He ended up scoring game winner in QF and assisting first goal in the SF(secondary assist but very very smart and creative one). Would he bring some winning desire in habs locker room?

But the pressure in montreal and timing is my reasons to be good team for Barkov.

St. Louis Blues

This isn't most likely scenario but there is many reasons why blues would be excellent team for Barkov.

First of all it is young team with every type of players and they have prospect named Tarasenko who could be very good scorer on his wing.

2nd big reason would be coach Hichcock who coached Jere Lehtinen and thinks that he is one of the best players that he ever coached. I think that he would have same kind of trust in Barkov aswell. When you think Barkov as a player without puck and his personality who would we get? Yes, it is centre version of Jere Lehtinen. Of course Barkov plays different game with the puck, plays centre and is obviously more gifted. But when Barkov plays without puck he reminds me
so much from Lehtinen. Lehtinen never was gritty but used the body to win clear majority of puck battles in the defensive zone, made mistakes very rarely, was very good at cutting passing and shooting lanes, blocking shots. I grew up as Lehtinen fan and he is my all time favourite player so i know what i'm talking about. They play very similar board game, flawless positional game with same attitude to cover shots with their body for the team at PK.

Of course there is alot of other teams which would be very good for Barkov like Leafs, Calgary, Edmonton but had not time to put up descriptions.

Old
11-28-2012, 11:04 AM
ThatGuy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
I've thinking teams which would be best fit for Barkov. I don't say that it's the most likely scenario but benefits Barkov and his developement.

Detroit red wings

There is no question about this one. He fits perfectly for Detroit puck possession system. He is already polished defensively and has Datsyuk like patience and poise in the game. Datsyuk is one of his favourite players and he has alot of qualities from Datsyuk. Barkov speaks Russian as native language. Could step right away to play with Datsyuk.

Montreal Canadiens

Barkov has stated that he is huge fan of canadian hockey and excited about their hockey culture and fans. Habs has team that haven't had true #1 center in ages and they haven't won much lately. They have Galchenyuk who would most likely start his NHL career at the same time with Barkov. They both are partly russian so they already have similar backrounds. Galchenyuk is an center prospect yes but i could see him being Hossa like complete winger and he would get more to use his speed and get less defensive duties when Barkov who is more like classic centre takes care of them. They could play as duo quite soon and get along extremely well.

Barkov seems to be player who gets better when there is pressure in him. What would be better place than bell centre? Barkov has great desire to win. When they interviewed finnish WJC team players and coaches last year they what their goal is at the tournament. Every player and coach who was interviewed stated that medal would be excellent but 16 year old boy named Barkov stated that he wants to win gold and it is possible. He ended up scoring game winner in QF and assisting first goal in the SF(secondary assist but very very smart and creative one). Would he bring some winning desire in habs locker room?

But the pressure in montreal and timing is my reasons to be good team for Barkov.

St. Louis Blues

This isn't most likely scenario but there is many reasons why blues would be excellent team for Barkov.

First of all it is young team with every type of players and they have prospect named Tarasenko who could be very good scorer on his wing.

2nd big reason would be coach Hichcock who coached Jere Lehtinen and thinks that he is one of the best players that he ever coached. I think that he would have same kind of trust in Barkov aswell. When you think Barkov as a player without puck and his personality who would we get? Yes, it is centre version of Jere Lehtinen. Of course Barkov plays different game with the puck, plays centre and is obviously more gifted. But when Barkov plays without puck he reminds me
so much from Lehtinen. Lehtinen never was gritty but used the body to win clear majority of puck battles in the defensive zone, made mistakes very rarely, was very good at cutting passing and shooting lanes, blocking shots. I grew up as Lehtinen fan and he is my all time favourite player so i know what i'm talking about. They play very similar board game, flawless positional game with same attitude to cover shots with their body for the team at PK.

Of course there is alot of other teams which would be very good for Barkov like Leafs, Calgary, Edmonton but had not time to put up descriptions.
Generally elite, big number 1 center types fit on any team. And if they don't you make them fit.

Old
11-28-2012, 11:22 AM
thomast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy22 View Post
Generally elite, big number 1 center types fit on any team. And if they don't you make them fit.
That is true but i tried to think which would be best option for Barkov and for his developement. Game style, timing, pressure etc...

Old
11-28-2012, 11:57 AM
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked

Quote:
Joe Thornton says hi. Although there may be extenuating circumstances

Old
11-28-2012, 01:27 PM
JabbaJabba

I must say that Detroit would be a pretty good place for Barkov considering with their history with Russian players (even though Barkov isn't a Russki). Also he could definitely learn a thing or two from Datsyuk and Detroit's fan base is pretty good (not as good as Montreal's IMO). However, I think it's very likely that Red Wings gets to draft Barkov because "they don't have enough balls"... In the draft lottery that is, which seems to be the likely situation they'll end up.

Old
11-29-2012, 06:27 AM
Chased By Trolls
Generational Talent

Looks like Sasha is back in the line up tonight. http://www.sm-liiga.fi/ottelut/kokoonpano/37705.html

Old
11-29-2012, 08:42 AM
ThatGuy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinnishKulemin View Post
Joe Thornton says hi. Although there may be extenuating circumstances
Ha! Thornton was a PPG player his last 5 years as a Bruin though. Can't really put it on him they couldn't surrond him with talent.

Old
11-29-2012, 09:59 AM
theIceWookie
Pessimism Revoked

Quote:
Ha! Thornton was a PPG player his last 5 years as a Bruin though. Can't really put it on him they couldn't surrond him with talent.
Haha well clearly he was doing his job. I just meant someone a team found a way to not have a talented elite number 1 center fit on their team haha. So it's happened, it's just not common

Old
11-29-2012, 10:26 AM
Fogelhund

A little bit of a side question for you all.

How competitive will Finland's WJC team be?

Old
11-29-2012, 10:34 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1088115

Old
11-29-2012, 10:45 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund View Post

We have a chance for medal. Clearly behind Russia and Canada, have shot against Sweden and USA.

Short tournament, anything can happen.

Old
11-29-2012, 10:51 AM
helicecopter

any stream for today game?

Old
11-29-2012, 10:53 AM
walle

stream http://www.justin.tv/joktap37

Last edited by walle: 11-29-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old
11-29-2012, 11:33 AM
Tuomaz

Barkov skating seems way better than I expected. Really smooth stride.

Old
11-29-2012, 11:38 AM
InjuredChoker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomaz View Post
Barkov skating seems way better than I expected. Really smooth stride.
I think it has improved over the course of the season. Possibly through small weight loss during the season etc.

Old
11-29-2012, 11:45 AM
Tuomaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemisti View Post
I think it has improved over the course of the season. Possibly through small weight loss during the season etc.
Yeah I was watching Tappara-Jokerit game a month ago or so and it seems better now.

Old
11-29-2012, 11:49 AM
helicecopter

am i the only one to only get a black screen?

Closed Thread