HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Correct me if I'm wrong

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-28-2012, 09:40 AM
  #1
HockeyTS32
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 290
vCash: 500
Correct me if I'm wrong

I aplogize before hand as this probably shouldn't be under the trade and free agent part of the forum and if someone might have asked/mentioned this already, but please correct me if I'm wrong. If there is no season, don't contracts slide to the right a year?

Thanks in advance.

HockeyTS32 is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 09:44 AM
  #2
AJMHABS
25days!! New life
 
AJMHABS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Montreal, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyTS32 View Post
I aplogize before hand as this probably shouldn't be under the trade and free agent part of the forum and if someone might have asked/mentioned this already, but please correct me if I'm wrong. If there is no season, don't contracts slide to the right a year?

Thanks in advance.
Well, if you meant that players lose a year on their contract, then yes they do.

AJMHABS is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 10:01 AM
  #3
HockeyTS32
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 290
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMHABS View Post
Well, if you meant that players lose a year on their contract, then yes they do.

What I meant by slide a year is they add another year on their contract. For example Mike Ribeiro has 1 year left on his contract and will be a FA at the end of the season. If there is no season, will he be a FA or does that year begin at the start of next season. But from your comment, it sounds like he will become a FA no matter what at the end of this "season". Thanks for your comment.

HockeyTS32 is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 10:09 AM
  #4
supert
Registered User
 
supert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,891
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyTS32 View Post
What I meant by slide a year is they add another year on their contract. For example Mike Ribeiro has 1 year left on his contract and will be a FA at the end of the season. If there is no season, will he be a FA or does that year begin at the start of next season. But from your comment, it sounds like he will become a FA no matter what at the end of this "season". Thanks for your comment.
Look no further then the last lock out , all players lose a year off their contracts . If you are a FA in 2013 you are still a FA even if there is no season

supert is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 11:12 AM
  #5
Bender
TheHockeyProspector
 
Bender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,157
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyTS32 View Post
What I meant by slide a year is they add another year on their contract. For example Mike Ribeiro has 1 year left on his contract and will be a FA at the end of the season. If there is no season, will he be a FA or does that year begin at the start of next season. But from your comment, it sounds like he will become a FA no matter what at the end of this "season". Thanks for your comment.
Nope. Just think about a team like Dallas that signed a 40 year old Jagr to a $4.55M contract for 1 year. It doesn't mean that they are also willing to give him that amount as a 41 year old.

The year is lost.

Bender is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 11:15 AM
  #6
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,264
vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
Look no further then the last lock out , all players lose a year off their contracts . If you are a FA in 2013 you are still a FA even if there is no season
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Nope. Just think about a team like Dallas that signed a 40 year old Jagr to a $4.55M contract for 1 year. It doesn't mean that they are also willing to give him that amount as a 41 year old.

The year is lost.
Correct. These contracts expire at the same rate they would have, had the season been played. This is why you see many of the veteran NHL players as "moderates" as its quite costly for them to miss a year.

InfinityIggy is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 11:43 AM
  #7
spiny norman
Global Moderator
Dinsdale !!!
 
spiny norman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,747
vCash: 500
Thanks to all who responded.

I believe the OP's question has been answered.

spiny norman is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:04 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.