HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Correct me if I'm wrong

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2012, 09:40 AM
HockeyTS32

vCash: 500
Correct me if I'm wrong

I aplogize before hand as this probably shouldn't be under the trade and free agent part of the forum and if someone might have asked/mentioned this already, but please correct me if I'm wrong. If there is no season, don't contracts slide to the right a year?

Thanks in advance.

Old
11-28-2012, 09:44 AM
AJMHABS
25days!! New life

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyTS32 View Post
I aplogize before hand as this probably shouldn't be under the trade and free agent part of the forum and if someone might have asked/mentioned this already, but please correct me if I'm wrong. If there is no season, don't contracts slide to the right a year?

Thanks in advance.
Well, if you meant that players lose a year on their contract, then yes they do.

Old
11-28-2012, 10:01 AM
HockeyTS32

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMHABS View Post
Well, if you meant that players lose a year on their contract, then yes they do.

What I meant by slide a year is they add another year on their contract. For example Mike Ribeiro has 1 year left on his contract and will be a FA at the end of the season. If there is no season, will he be a FA or does that year begin at the start of next season. But from your comment, it sounds like he will become a FA no matter what at the end of this "season". Thanks for your comment.

Old
11-28-2012, 10:09 AM
supert

Quote:
What I meant by slide a year is they add another year on their contract. For example Mike Ribeiro has 1 year left on his contract and will be a FA at the end of the season. If there is no season, will he be a FA or does that year begin at the start of next season. But from your comment, it sounds like he will become a FA no matter what at the end of this "season". Thanks for your comment.
Look no further then the last lock out , all players lose a year off their contracts . If you are a FA in 2013 you are still a FA even if there is no season

Old
11-28-2012, 11:12 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Nope. Just think about a team like Dallas that signed a 40 year old Jagr to a $4.55M contract for 1 year. It doesn't mean that they are also willing to give him that amount as a 41 year old.

The year is lost.

Old
11-28-2012, 11:15 AM
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster

vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
Look no further then the last lock out , all players lose a year off their contracts . If you are a FA in 2013 you are still a FA even if there is no season
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Nope. Just think about a team like Dallas that signed a 40 year old Jagr to a $4.55M contract for 1 year. It doesn't mean that they are also willing to give him that amount as a 41 year old.

The year is lost.
Correct. These contracts expire at the same rate they would have, had the season been played. This is why you see many of the veteran NHL players as "moderates" as its quite costly for them to miss a year.

Old
11-28-2012, 11:43 AM
spiny norman
Global Moderator
Dinsdale !!!

Thanks to all who responded.

I believe the OP's question has been answered.

Closed Thread