HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rochester Americans / Minors Thread '12-'13 Ed.

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2012, 10:07 AM
sabrefan27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
If they had moved the Saturday game, people would be *****ing about that instead.

No matter what day of the week they slide games over, someone will complain about it. I for one don't mind being able to drive downtown instead of to Rochester for a night.
Spare me that crap, and spare me the insinuation that Amerks STH's from Rochester don't have every right to complain. If you can't see the difference between moving the Saturday game instead, you just don't want to hear Amerks fans complaining about something. This is a legitimate gripe.

Old
11-28-2012, 10:07 AM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Frankly, I don't have a dog in the fight, so I don't care one way or another. But is it possible that the Amerks figured that with Lake Erie being the visitor on both Wednesday, December 26 and Friday, December 28 that the Friday night crowd may be suppressed by the fact they're playing the same team in the same building as two nights prior? That's a real question that I'd like to know the answer to. Also, aren't the B-Sens (Saturday's opponent) more of a rival than Lake Erie?

Old
11-28-2012, 10:17 AM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Frankly, I don't have a dog in the fight, so I don't care one way or another. But is it possible that the Amerks figured that with Lake Erie being the visitor on both Wednesday, December 26 and Friday, December 28 that the Friday night crowd may be suppressed by the fact they're playing the same team in the same building as two nights prior? That's a real question that I'd like to know the answer to. Also, aren't the B-Sens (Saturday's opponent) more of a rival than Lake Erie?
Opponents don't really impact AHL attendance much at all. So honestly, I don't think that has anything to do with it. It's a Friday night game during the holidays, it draws a big crowd every year. And Binghamton isn't much of a rival anymore. That ship sailed when the Rangers left there.

And I could also understand if there was an event at FNC Saturday, but there doesn't appear to be. I just think it's a lack of regard for STH's in Rochester.

Old
11-28-2012, 10:23 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
Spare me that crap, and spare me the insinuation that Amerks STH's from Rochester don't have every right to complain. If you can't see the difference between moving the Saturday game instead, you just don't want to hear Amerks fans complaining about something. This is a legitimate gripe.
Didn't say they didn't have a right to complain, did I?

I understand why people are mad about the Friday game getting moved. However, spare me the insinuation that it would be unicorns and rainbows if they chose to move the Saturday game instead. I fully understand the difference, but no matter what games they move, someone in Rochester wouldn't like it. Implying that this somehow means Pegula doesn't care about Rochester STHers is insane.

Old
11-28-2012, 10:30 AM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Didn't say they didn't have a right to complain, did I?

I understand why people are mad about the Friday game getting moved. However, spare me the insinuation that it would be unicorns and rainbows if they chose to move the Saturday game instead. I fully understand the difference, but no matter what games they move, someone in Rochester wouldn't like it. Implying that this somehow means Pegula doesn't care about Rochester STHers is insane.
I doubt you would have seen much complaining at all if it were on Saturday. Some complaining? Sure. But so what? That doesn't make the decision they made any less terrible.

And I never mentioned anything about Pegula. I doubt he had anything to do with this decision. It had Ted Black written all over it.

Old
11-28-2012, 10:31 AM
Jacob582

Don't move Wednesday's (26th) game to Buffalo. I will be in town and already have tickets to that game.

Old
11-28-2012, 10:50 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
I doubt you would have seen much complaining at all if it were on Saturday. Some complaining? Sure. But so what? That doesn't make the decision they made any less terrible.

And I never mentioned anything about Pegula. I doubt he had anything to do with this decision. It had Ted Black written all over it.
There was complaining about the October game on a Sunday that was moved to the Tuesday.

My point is no matter what game they move, someone will grouse about it. But at the end of the day, home games being moved around in the AHL is pretty common, especially in lockout years.

Old
11-28-2012, 10:56 AM
sabrefan27

Quote:
There was complaining about the October game on a Sunday that was moved to the Tuesday.

My point is no matter what game they move, someone will grouse about it. But at the end of the day, home games being moved around in the AHL is pretty common, especially in lockout years.
Your logic doesn't really match up. People complain, fine, but I guarantee you there's less complaining for a Saturday game. And the complaints, either way, still don't make it the right decision.

No one is complaining about games being moved to Buffalo. They're complaining about it being the Friday game and not the Saturday game. Is that so hard to agree on? I've been on this board for many years. I know that any complaint of mine (or any Amerks fan), legit or not legit, is constantly met with flack simply because I'm an Amerks fan. Been around these parts long enough to know that. Sabres fans love to complain 24/7 on this board about anything and everything. The second it's an Amerks fan, it's totally different. And I'm not singling you out specifically, just how this board works. I figured this is something that most everyone could agree on, that the Saturday game being moved is better on pretty much everyone.

Old
11-28-2012, 11:10 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

I don't disagree the Saturday game would, from a fan perspective, might be a better option. However, we don't really know all the reasons for that game being selected.

My biggest complaint in all this is that Sabres brass 'doesn't care' about Amerks STHers. That's just a silly position to take.

Old
11-28-2012, 11:18 AM
sabrefan27

Quote:
I don't disagree the Saturday game would, from a fan perspective, might be a better option. However, we don't really know all the reasons for that game being selected.

My biggest complaint in all this is that Sabres brass 'doesn't care' about Amerks STHers. That's just a silly position to take.
It's a bit of hyperbole, but I think there's a shred of truth to it, too. This being one example. If there's a specific reason they moved that one, by all means, it would be nice if they came out and said so.

Another issue, apparently, is that the Amerks were selling Holiday Pack's to people that included this game (with the assumption of it being in Rochester). Now that it's in Buffalo, I know of many people not happy and wanting a refund.

Old
11-28-2012, 11:33 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
It's a bit of hyperbole, but I think there's a shred of truth to it, too. This being one example. If there's a specific reason they moved that one, by all means, it would be nice if they came out and said so.

Another issue, apparently, is that the Amerks were selling Holiday Pack's to people that included this game (with the assumption of it being in Rochester). Now that it's in Buffalo, I know of many people not happy and wanting a refund.
And I'd guess they'll get that refund without a shred of hassle at all.

Old
11-28-2012, 11:41 AM
sabrefan27

Quote:
And I'd guess they'll get that refund without a shred of hassle at all.
Yeah, that's quite a way of doing business. You buy the pack for yourself, or for a gift, only to see the game moved to another city. Well done.

Old
11-28-2012, 11:57 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Yeah, that's quite a way of doing business. You buy the pack for yourself, or for a gift, only to see the game moved to another city. Well done.
If this happened regularly, I'd agree with you.

Old
11-28-2012, 11:57 AM
Jacob582

http://www.thehealingcanopy.com/arti...ic-complainers

Old
11-28-2012, 12:06 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob582 View Post
A typical, if not unfunny, response for this board. Par for the course.

Beechsack: Agreed there, but they really only sell the holiday packs once a year and people get them as Christmas gifts. I think botching that is a pretty big blunder.

Old
11-28-2012, 12:10 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:

Beechsack: Agreed there, but they really only sell the holiday packs once a year and people get them as Christmas gifts. I think botching that is a pretty big blunder.
Toss a voucher in there for a free ticket to another game. Problem solved. Not the most elegant, but it works.

Old
11-28-2012, 12:12 PM
Buffalo87
thehosers dot com

I agree with sabrefan27 on this one. I don't have a dog in the fight, I live between Rochester and Buffalo and certainly consider myself much more of a Sabres fan than Amerks fan. It really doesn't make a difference to me but it really doesn't make any sense why they would take the Friday game rather than the Saturday game. Beyond the fact that it's an odd weekend to take the game given the holidays, holiday pack ticket sales, etc....Friday night hockey in Rochester is kind of a staple and they tend to draw very well in those games. That game could've been in line for the biggest crowd of the season. You can say that the team is owned by Pegula and at the end of the day, he can make whatever decision he choses and appeal to whichever city he choses but this is a ROCHESTER team. The Rochester fan base should come before the Buffalo fan base, just as it would be absolutely absurd to consider the Rochester fan base over the Buffalo fan base for the Sabres. If you're going to move a game, that's fine and it's 100% expected, but they could've made a much, much better decision on which game to take.

Would there be complaining if they moved Saturday night's game? Of course. People complain about everything, if they didn't move any games people in Buffalo would be complaining. The point is that it, without further explanation, it makes no sense why they would take the Friday night game.

Old
11-28-2012, 12:15 PM
Crazy Tasty

Quote:

You've got thick skin, you always take a beating for being an Amerks fan first.

I'm sure the big picture scenario is a much larger pull in hockey starved Buffalo for the Friday night and increased exposure for the Amerks.

Just sucks that it's at the STH expense.

Old
11-28-2012, 12:25 PM
Jacob582

Quote:
Toss a voucher in there for a free ticket to another game. Problem solved. Not the most elegant, but it works.
I agree. I was surprised they didn't do this for the first game, although this wouldn't help STH much.

Here's an idea based on the below tweet: voucher to STH for free ticket to "next year's" preseason Sabres game in Rochester.
Rob Sanderson‏@DropThePuckWHTK: "In exchange for Buffalo getting some #Amerks games, Rochester should at minimum get a preseason #Sabres game next NHL season (if there is 1)"

Last edited by Jacob582: 11-28-2012 at 12:32 PM. Reason: added tweet
Old
11-28-2012, 12:36 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo87 View Post
I agree with sabrefan27 on this one. I don't have a dog in the fight, I live between Rochester and Buffalo and certainly consider myself much more of a Sabres fan than Amerks fan. It really doesn't make a difference to me but it really doesn't make any sense why they would take the Friday game rather than the Saturday game. Beyond the fact that it's an odd weekend to take the game given the holidays, holiday pack ticket sales, etc....Friday night hockey in Rochester is kind of a staple and they tend to draw very well in those games. That game could've been in line for the biggest crowd of the season. You can say that the team is owned by Pegula and at the end of the day, he can make whatever decision he choses and appeal to whichever city he choses but this is a ROCHESTER team. The Rochester fan base should come before the Buffalo fan base, just as it would be absolutely absurd to consider the Rochester fan base over the Buffalo fan base for the Sabres. If you're going to move a game, that's fine and it's 100% expected, but they could've made a much, much better decision on which game to take.

Would there be complaining if they moved Saturday night's game? Of course. People complain about everything, if they didn't move any games people in Buffalo would be complaining. The point is that it, without further explanation, it makes no sense why they would take the Friday night game.
Thank you for someone who tries to look at it from the other perspective.

And for the record, I quite enjoyed the Wednesday night game in Buffalo and I will probably enjoy the Friday one. I just would rather go on a Saturday, grab dinner and make it a fun trip. Not rush out of work and have to be concerned about traffic and getting there on time.

Old
11-28-2012, 03:57 PM
DixonWard15

wow the sabres stole a friday home game, that is ********

Old
11-28-2012, 07:47 PM
Taro Tsujimoto
2 Sam(my)s, 1 avatar

Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
Quote:
Which is exactly what the Amerks are doing. Per the article on their site:

Quote:
In the event a ticket holder is unable to attend the Dec. 28 game at First Niagara Center, they will be able to redeem that ticket for an additional ticket to a future Amerks home game this season or can receive a refund for the Dec. 28 game.
http://www.amerks.com/newsX.asp?type=News&aID=650

Old
12-05-2012, 12:49 PM
Taro Tsujimoto
2 Sam(my)s, 1 avatar

Send a message via MSN to Taro Tsujimoto
Some injury updates per Kevin O.:

Old
12-05-2012, 01:41 PM
joshjull

Was Hodgson's injury a broken hand? If so, I've got to think it will take some time to get to 100% after he starts skating.

Old
12-05-2012, 02:17 PM
UncleBenny

Think I heard broken thumb.

Closed Thread