HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

The Walking Dead: Season 3 (Part IV) Returns Feb. 10th

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-28-2012, 11:23 AM
  #101
Congo Jack
Please Understand
 
Congo Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Candy Apple Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,367
vCash: 500
They really red shirted Oscar didn't they? Reminds me of how in Star Trek they would take a team of Kirk, Spock, McCoy and one Ensign....wonder which one isn't coming back?

Congo Jack is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 11:26 AM
  #102
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 14,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxide View Post
You are right that most of the group hasn't been in any gun fights . Rick was in the bar shootout last season . Which is one more than archer girl and probably quite a few of the other defenders have been in .
Rick is the only member of the group with any experience in a fire fight. Daryl obviously is an experienced hunter. We have seen Glenn freeze up in multiple instances against others with weapons. The rest of the group is very green.

We have not followed the governor's group for the last year. We saw them take out the National Guard rather easily. Doesn't seem like this was their first time. They have military weapons and vehicles. Rick's group stands no chance in a straight up fight. They don't have the numbers, weapons or experience.

HawksFan74 is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 11:46 AM
  #103
MrWoof
DBU luvs me!
 
MrWoof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 7,075
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Rick is the only member of the group with any experience in a fire fight. Daryl obviously is an experienced hunter. We have seen Glenn freeze up in multiple instances against others with weapons. The rest of the group is very green.

We have not followed the governor's group for the last year. We saw them take out the National Guard rather easily. Doesn't seem like this was their first time. They have military weapons and vehicles. Rick's group stands no chance in a straight up fight. They don't have the numbers, weapons or experience.
What if they have Herschel's infinite ammo shotgun on their side?

MrWoof is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 11:49 AM
  #104
TheBeastCoast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dartmouth,NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,164
vCash: 893
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Rick is the only member of the group with any experience in a fire fight. Daryl obviously is an experienced hunter. We have seen Glenn freeze up in multiple instances against others with weapons. The rest of the group is very green.

We have not followed the governor's group for the last year. We saw them take out the National Guard rather easily. Doesn't seem like this was their first time. They have military weapons and vehicles. Rick's group stands no chance in a straight up fight. They don't have the numbers, weapons or experience.
I would think Rick's group has expierence......If the govenor has that woman teaching people how to shot walkers, then I think you can say that Ricks group is better suited. Plus how many people attacked the Nat. Guard? 4 or 5? 2 of them are dead now for sure. The rest of Rick's group might not be battle tested in a fire fight but I would say overall they are more so then the Govenor's group. Plus Rick's group will have the element of suprise.

TheBeastCoast is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 11:50 AM
  #105
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions
 
Neely2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,187
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxide View Post
You are right that most of the group hasn't been in any gun fights . Rick was in the bar shootout last season . Which is one more than archer girl and probably quite a few of the other defenders have been in .
Rick was also in the chase/shootout in Episode 1 of Season 1 when he was still a cop.

Neely2005 is online now  
Old
11-28-2012, 12:38 PM
  #106
jw2
Registered User
 
jw2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 2,063
vCash: 643
They've made a few things very obvoius this season -
The towns people are not experienced at defending themselves. This was shown by the terrible shot archer that was bragging about how good she is. They showed Gov and Merle taking the guns to shoot walkers on the other side of the wall. They showed hesitant and inexperienced Woodbury 'soldiers" (Kardjulio and another young kid) learning the ropes (fighting, killing, and making sure 'their kind never turns'). We also saw the Gov take Michonnes weapon - signaling that anyone not on the wall is not armed.

Also, They showed that the unseen person was overwhelmed when he saw Michonne 'took a cigarette break' and sliced up a handful of walkers. This same aspect was shown when Andrea jumped over the wall to finish off a walker.

So Woodbury has more people and more weapons, and it equates to having more people that dont know how to use the weapons.
Not to mention, they showed Rick with an assault rifle on the preview.

jw2 is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 12:43 PM
  #107
Eisen
Registered User
 
Eisen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Eugene
Country: Germany
Posts: 5,942
vCash: 500
Why does everybody assume they'd red shirt Oscar? Is there somehow a limit on black people in the group?

Eisen is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 12:59 PM
  #108
Izzy
Moderator
#SloveniaForGold2018
 
Izzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,179
vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisen View Post
Why does everybody assume they'd red shirt Oscar? Is there somehow a limit on black people in the group?
Seems to be

Izzy is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 01:07 PM
  #109
yakitate304
Crunch Time
 
yakitate304's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NY
Country: St Lucia
Posts: 13,907
vCash: 500
As someone who has never watched an episode of Star Trek, the "red shirt" thing makes me think of college sports.

yakitate304 is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 01:09 PM
  #110
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 14,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWoof View Post
What if they have Herschel's infinite ammo shotgun on their side?
That and the head shot mod gives them a fighting chance.

HawksFan74 is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 01:18 PM
  #111
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 14,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by secord92 View Post
I would think Rick's group has expierence......If the govenor has that woman teaching people how to shot walkers, then I think you can say that Ricks group is better suited. Plus how many people attacked the Nat. Guard? 4 or 5? 2 of them are dead now for sure. The rest of Rick's group might not be battle tested in a fire fight but I would say overall they are more so then the Govenor's group. Plus Rick's group will have the element of suprise.
Rick's group. You mean Daryl. He's the only one that can hold his own. Glenn hasn't been able to. Maggie? Carol? Carl? LOL Herschel on one leg? If you had to place bets on both sides in a stand up fight, who are you going with?

Now we know who will be the victor because this is not real life. It has to come down to wild cards in the equation. Merle, his relationship with Daryl. Andrea, her relationship with the governor.

HawksFan74 is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 01:21 PM
  #112
jw2
Registered User
 
jw2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 2,063
vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Rick's group. You mean Daryl. He's the only one that can hold his own. Glenn hasn't been able to. Maggie? Carol? Carl? LOL Herschel on one leg? If you had to place bets on both sides in a stand up fight, who are you going with?

Now we know who will be the victor because this is not real life. It has to come down to wild cards in the equation. Merle, his relationship with Daryl. Andrea, here relationship with the governor.
I think you need to give Glenn more credit. Last episode clearly showed this is not the same Glen that hid during the shootout, last season.

Ricks group is primed for fighting. They've been fighting people and walkers. The majority of the people in Woodbury donthave that necessary hand-to-hand combat experience

jw2 is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 01:26 PM
  #113
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 14,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
I think you need to give Glenn more credit. Last episode clearly showed this is not the same Glen that hid during the shootout, last season.

Ricks group is primed for fighting. They've been fighting people and walkers. The majority of the people in Woodbury donthave that necessary hand-to-hand combat experience
You don't know that. Governor's group is better prepared and fed. Um, hand to hand combat. What the hell are they doing for fun over there? Looks like they brawl for fun. LOL Did you forget that episode? Glenn is being held because he couldn't pull the trigger on one guy who he knows is crazy. Maggie too.

Glenn did a good job but he has also froze in critical situations. No way Merle should have been able to overtake two people with guns on him. That should tell you the difference between the two groups. Glenn is experienced in dealing with walkers, not people.

HawksFan74 is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 01:40 PM
  #114
jw2
Registered User
 
jw2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 2,063
vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
You don't know that. Governor's group is better prepared and fed. Um, hand to hand combat. What the hell are they doing for fun over there? Looks like they brawl for fun. LOL Did you forget that episode? Glenn is being held because he couldn't pull the trigger on one guy who he knows is crazy. Maggie too.

Glenn did a good job but he has also froze in critical situations. No way Merle should have been able to overtake two people with guns on him. That should tell you the difference between the two groups. Glenn is experienced in dealing with walkers, not people.
OK, so you have 1 person. Unless you want to count the guy that lost a brawl with a 1-armed man.

So they have Merle. And the Gov shot 1 guy (and was owned by Michonne). So, we have 2 guys that we know about at Woodbury. We also know that the "pro" archer protecting the village is a horrible shot.

Ricks group just found "a little food" in the Jail kitchen and they are no longer starving.

jw2 is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 01:41 PM
  #115
Mr Jiggyfly
Registered User
 
Mr Jiggyfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 13,417
vCash: 500
Too bad Shane isn't there still... He would help swing things in favor of Rick's group.

Ya I know he was unhinged... But he is still my favorite character.

I'm still mad he's dead.

I know, get over it.

Mr Jiggyfly is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 01:45 PM
  #116
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly
 
HawksFan74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 14,807
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
OK, so you have 1 person. Unless you want to count the guy that lost a brawl with a 1-armed man.

So they have Merle. And the Gov shot 1 guy (and was owned by Michonne). So, we have 2 guys that we know about at Woodbury. We also know that the "pro" archer protecting the village is a horrible shot.

Ricks group just found "a little food" in the Jail kitchen and they are no longer starving.
You think that's the only brawl they ever had. LOL.

HawksFan74 is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 01:47 PM
  #117
Oxide
Registered User
 
Oxide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: United States
Posts: 703
vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
You think that's the only brawl they ever had. LOL.
The brawls were staged so wouldn't use them to say how much experience they have.

Oxide is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 01:51 PM
  #118
jw2
Registered User
 
jw2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 2,063
vCash: 643
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
You think that's the only brawl they ever had. LOL.
Well, if you dont let me assume things about the Woodbury group, neither can you.

jw2 is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 01:58 PM
  #119
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yuck horse piss!
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 20,692
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Too bad Shane isn't there still... He would help swing things in favor of Rick's group.

Ya I know he was unhinged... But he is still my favorite character.

I'm still mad he's dead.

I know, get over it.
He had to go.

The Kingslayer is online now  
Old
11-28-2012, 02:18 PM
  #120
JabbaJabba
Registered User
 
JabbaJabba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Finland
Posts: 3,794
vCash: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Rick is the only member of the group with any experience in a fire fight. Daryl obviously is an experienced hunter. We have seen Glenn freeze up in multiple instances against others with weapons. The rest of the group is very green.

We have not followed the governor's group for the last year. We saw them take out the National Guard rather easily. Doesn't seem like this was their first time. They have military weapons and vehicles. Rick's group stands no chance in a straight up fight. They don't have the numbers, weapons or experience.
While I agree with you that "Woodbury bandits" are competent gang, Rick's little task group isn't bad. They are going in during night so if they can get past the wall without making an alarm, they could go far. Michonne knows the place, she as a very silent weapon and she has skills to sneak around people like what she did against Merle's little search party. Also Michonne has no problems killing people when it's necessary. Daryl has a very good weapon as well because it doesn't make a much sound and can kill from a distance, plus he doesn't seem to have a problem shooting at people (how many times has he had his crossbow pointing at someone's head in the prison, and he shot at that one guy in season one when Glenn was taken). Rick definitely hasn't got problems at killing people anymore and he can use his knife when he wants. Oscar's skills are unknown, atleast he's carrying a big gun so maybe he can shoot atleast.

Other pros that they have is the night time obviously, residents are sleeping and they can hide in the darkness. Rick and Daryl work well together and Oscar seems to be cooperative too while Michonne is in dept because they saved her. Although I think it's a bit weird that Rick trusted Michonne so easily, she could very well lure them into a trap. Anyhow, sometimes this kind of a little group is better than a large force which is hard to hide and makes too much noice. Also, Andrea's and Merle's role in a fight could go Rick's way in some cases. They brought some tear gas from the prison with them so that could really come in handy.

Glenn does freeze time to time and he nor Maggie hasn't killed a person before. I expect that Glenn gets his first kill in next episode when in last episode has was ready to go against the men holding Maggie with a stick.

JabbaJabba is online now  
Old
11-28-2012, 02:29 PM
  #121
bohlmeister
Horny for Offense!
 
bohlmeister's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,506
vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWoof View Post
What if they have Herschel's infinite ammo shotgun on their side?
haha. I remember watching that thinking "Oh no, they are getting close. When he has to reload he is ****ed......Here it comes. That must be 15 shots. Oh, he's still going? I don't see a belt clip hanging. Wow, he is still going! What kind of shotgun is he using? He is STILL firing! That old codger found an infinite ammo cheat, cool."

bohlmeister is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 02:40 PM
  #122
chuckdobbins
Moderator
 
chuckdobbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 22,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
here are some of my guesses for the finale (I havent read the comics up to this point yet so none of these are spoilers, just specualtion):

-Tyreese will be a prisoner in Woodburry and ends up saving Rick. To repay him, Rick brings Tyreese back to the prison

-walkers infest the prison somehow and one of the survivors gets lost. I'm going with Beth

-Axel or Oscar will be killed. My guess is Oscar since it seems like Tyreese will be introduced next episode and they only seem to want 1 main black guy in the series. Andrea ends up killing him without knowing who he's with. If it's Axel that ends up dying, he gets attacked by walkers after saving Beth in the prison

-Michonne has a fight with the Governer after she finds Penny. Crazy fight ensues after she kills Penny which ends up with Michonne getting the upper hand, but not killing the Governer.

-Daryl recues Maggie and Glen, however when they're trying to escape, Daryl gets left behind and ends up running into Merle. The Gov and his entourage walk in on these two having a heated discussion about what is going on and turn on Merle. Something to the effect that he's going to blame him for "allowing" Rick's group to break into Woodburry. He locks up Daryl and Merle

-right before the episode ends, The Gov shows Andrea who he captured (Daryl) to which she has a stupid, shocked look on her face

so in the end....

-Maggie and Glen reunite with Rick & Michonne and head back to the prison with Tyreese
-Oscar is killed (maybe Axel too)
-Beth goes missing
-Daryl is capture by The Gov
-The Gov turns on Merle
-Andrea is still dumb
-fans still are complaning because they didn't get to see Maggie's boobs
Please ensure we revisit this Sunday night. I like your style

chuckdobbins is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 02:45 PM
  #123
chuckdobbins
Moderator
 
chuckdobbins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 22,912
vCash: 500
Also keep in mind there could end up being 50+ Woodbury civilians that end up in the streets. It's going to be chaos. So the fact that the Woodbury army has more weaponry or strength in numbers won't mean much. If anything I think that will benefit Rick and the gang.

chuckdobbins is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 03:07 PM
  #124
Mr Fahrenheit
Valar Morghulis
 
Mr Fahrenheit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,878
vCash: 500
Ricks group can easily win with guerrilla warfare. I'd bet more Woodbury citizens get gunned down by their own guards then Ricks group loses

Mr Fahrenheit is offline  
Old
11-28-2012, 04:15 PM
  #125
CanadianHockey
On the Alfie Wagon
 
CanadianHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: uOttawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,435
vCash: 2391
Rick's group has been in more armed standoffs than the majority of Woodbury's citizens. I think at the very least we can agree on that.

__________________
CanadianHockey________ __ __________Sens, Oilers, and Team Canada
CanadianHockey is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:03 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.