HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

The Walking Dead: Season 3 (Part IV) Returns Feb. 10th

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2012, 11:23 AM
Congo Jack
Please Understand

vCash: 500
They really red shirted Oscar didn't they? Reminds me of how in Star Trek they would take a team of Kirk, Spock, McCoy and one Ensign....wonder which one isn't coming back?

Old
11-28-2012, 11:26 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxide View Post
You are right that most of the group hasn't been in any gun fights . Rick was in the bar shootout last season . Which is one more than archer girl and probably quite a few of the other defenders have been in .
Rick is the only member of the group with any experience in a fire fight. Daryl obviously is an experienced hunter. We have seen Glenn freeze up in multiple instances against others with weapons. The rest of the group is very green.

We have not followed the governor's group for the last year. We saw them take out the National Guard rather easily. Doesn't seem like this was their first time. They have military weapons and vehicles. Rick's group stands no chance in a straight up fight. They don't have the numbers, weapons or experience.

Old
11-28-2012, 11:46 AM
MrWoof
DBU luvs me!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Rick is the only member of the group with any experience in a fire fight. Daryl obviously is an experienced hunter. We have seen Glenn freeze up in multiple instances against others with weapons. The rest of the group is very green.

We have not followed the governor's group for the last year. We saw them take out the National Guard rather easily. Doesn't seem like this was their first time. They have military weapons and vehicles. Rick's group stands no chance in a straight up fight. They don't have the numbers, weapons or experience.
What if they have Herschel's infinite ammo shotgun on their side?

Old
11-28-2012, 11:49 AM
TheBeastCoast

vCash: 893
Quote:

I would think Rick's group has expierence......If the govenor has that woman teaching people how to shot walkers, then I think you can say that Ricks group is better suited. Plus how many people attacked the Nat. Guard? 4 or 5? 2 of them are dead now for sure. The rest of Rick's group might not be battle tested in a fire fight but I would say overall they are more so then the Govenor's group. Plus Rick's group will have the element of suprise.

Old
11-28-2012, 11:50 AM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxide View Post
You are right that most of the group hasn't been in any gun fights . Rick was in the bar shootout last season . Which is one more than archer girl and probably quite a few of the other defenders have been in .
Rick was also in the chase/shootout in Episode 1 of Season 1 when he was still a cop.

Old
11-28-2012, 12:38 PM
jw2

vCash: 643
They've made a few things very obvoius this season -
The towns people are not experienced at defending themselves. This was shown by the terrible shot archer that was bragging about how good she is. They showed Gov and Merle taking the guns to shoot walkers on the other side of the wall. They showed hesitant and inexperienced Woodbury 'soldiers" (Kardjulio and another young kid) learning the ropes (fighting, killing, and making sure 'their kind never turns'). We also saw the Gov take Michonnes weapon - signaling that anyone not on the wall is not armed.

Also, They showed that the unseen person was overwhelmed when he saw Michonne 'took a cigarette break' and sliced up a handful of walkers. This same aspect was shown when Andrea jumped over the wall to finish off a walker.

So Woodbury has more people and more weapons, and it equates to having more people that dont know how to use the weapons.
Not to mention, they showed Rick with an assault rifle on the preview.

Old
11-28-2012, 12:43 PM
Eisen

Why does everybody assume they'd red shirt Oscar? Is there somehow a limit on black people in the group?

Old
11-28-2012, 12:59 PM
Izzy
#SloveniaForGold2018

vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisen View Post
Why does everybody assume they'd red shirt Oscar? Is there somehow a limit on black people in the group?
Seems to be

Old
11-28-2012, 01:07 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

As someone who has never watched an episode of Star Trek, the "red shirt" thing makes me think of college sports.

Old
11-28-2012, 01:09 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWoof View Post
That and the head shot mod gives them a fighting chance.

Old
11-28-2012, 01:18 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by secord92 View Post
I would think Rick's group has expierence......If the govenor has that woman teaching people how to shot walkers, then I think you can say that Ricks group is better suited. Plus how many people attacked the Nat. Guard? 4 or 5? 2 of them are dead now for sure. The rest of Rick's group might not be battle tested in a fire fight but I would say overall they are more so then the Govenor's group. Plus Rick's group will have the element of suprise.
Rick's group. You mean Daryl. He's the only one that can hold his own. Glenn hasn't been able to. Maggie? Carol? Carl? LOL Herschel on one leg? If you had to place bets on both sides in a stand up fight, who are you going with?

Now we know who will be the victor because this is not real life. It has to come down to wild cards in the equation. Merle, his relationship with Daryl. Andrea, her relationship with the governor.

Old
11-28-2012, 01:21 PM
jw2

Quote:
Rick's group. You mean Daryl. He's the only one that can hold his own. Glenn hasn't been able to. Maggie? Carol? Carl? LOL Herschel on one leg? If you had to place bets on both sides in a stand up fight, who are you going with?

Now we know who will be the victor because this is not real life. It has to come down to wild cards in the equation. Merle, his relationship with Daryl. Andrea, here relationship with the governor.
I think you need to give Glenn more credit. Last episode clearly showed this is not the same Glen that hid during the shootout, last season.

Ricks group is primed for fighting. They've been fighting people and walkers. The majority of the people in Woodbury donthave that necessary hand-to-hand combat experience

Old
11-28-2012, 01:26 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
I think you need to give Glenn more credit. Last episode clearly showed this is not the same Glen that hid during the shootout, last season.

Ricks group is primed for fighting. They've been fighting people and walkers. The majority of the people in Woodbury donthave that necessary hand-to-hand combat experience
You don't know that. Governor's group is better prepared and fed. Um, hand to hand combat. What the hell are they doing for fun over there? Looks like they brawl for fun. LOL Did you forget that episode? Glenn is being held because he couldn't pull the trigger on one guy who he knows is crazy. Maggie too.

Glenn did a good job but he has also froze in critical situations. No way Merle should have been able to overtake two people with guns on him. That should tell you the difference between the two groups. Glenn is experienced in dealing with walkers, not people.

Old
11-28-2012, 01:40 PM
jw2

Quote:
You don't know that. Governor's group is better prepared and fed. Um, hand to hand combat. What the hell are they doing for fun over there? Looks like they brawl for fun. LOL Did you forget that episode? Glenn is being held because he couldn't pull the trigger on one guy who he knows is crazy. Maggie too.

Glenn did a good job but he has also froze in critical situations. No way Merle should have been able to overtake two people with guns on him. That should tell you the difference between the two groups. Glenn is experienced in dealing with walkers, not people.
OK, so you have 1 person. Unless you want to count the guy that lost a brawl with a 1-armed man.

So they have Merle. And the Gov shot 1 guy (and was owned by Michonne). So, we have 2 guys that we know about at Woodbury. We also know that the "pro" archer protecting the village is a horrible shot.

Ricks group just found "a little food" in the Jail kitchen and they are no longer starving.

Old
11-28-2012, 01:41 PM
Mr Jiggyfly

Too bad Shane isn't there still... He would help swing things in favor of Rick's group.

Ya I know he was unhinged... But he is still my favorite character.

I'm still mad he's dead.

I know, get over it.

Old
11-28-2012, 01:45 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jw2 View Post
OK, so you have 1 person. Unless you want to count the guy that lost a brawl with a 1-armed man.

So they have Merle. And the Gov shot 1 guy (and was owned by Michonne). So, we have 2 guys that we know about at Woodbury. We also know that the "pro" archer protecting the village is a horrible shot.

Ricks group just found "a little food" in the Jail kitchen and they are no longer starving.
You think that's the only brawl they ever had. LOL.

Old
11-28-2012, 01:47 PM
Oxide

vCash: 141
Quote:
The brawls were staged so wouldn't use them to say how much experience they have.

Old
11-28-2012, 01:51 PM
jw2

Quote:
Well, if you dont let me assume things about the Woodbury group, neither can you.

Old
11-28-2012, 01:58 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Jiggyfly View Post
Too bad Shane isn't there still... He would help swing things in favor of Rick's group.

Ya I know he was unhinged... But he is still my favorite character.

I'm still mad he's dead.

I know, get over it.
He had to go.

Old
11-28-2012, 02:18 PM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
Quote:

While I agree with you that "Woodbury bandits" are competent gang, Rick's little task group isn't bad. They are going in during night so if they can get past the wall without making an alarm, they could go far. Michonne knows the place, she as a very silent weapon and she has skills to sneak around people like what she did against Merle's little search party. Also Michonne has no problems killing people when it's necessary. Daryl has a very good weapon as well because it doesn't make a much sound and can kill from a distance, plus he doesn't seem to have a problem shooting at people (how many times has he had his crossbow pointing at someone's head in the prison, and he shot at that one guy in season one when Glenn was taken). Rick definitely hasn't got problems at killing people anymore and he can use his knife when he wants. Oscar's skills are unknown, atleast he's carrying a big gun so maybe he can shoot atleast.

Other pros that they have is the night time obviously, residents are sleeping and they can hide in the darkness. Rick and Daryl work well together and Oscar seems to be cooperative too while Michonne is in dept because they saved her. Although I think it's a bit weird that Rick trusted Michonne so easily, she could very well lure them into a trap. Anyhow, sometimes this kind of a little group is better than a large force which is hard to hide and makes too much noice. Also, Andrea's and Merle's role in a fight could go Rick's way in some cases. They brought some tear gas from the prison with them so that could really come in handy.

Glenn does freeze time to time and he nor Maggie hasn't killed a person before. I expect that Glenn gets his first kill in next episode when in last episode has was ready to go against the men holding Maggie with a stick.

Old
11-28-2012, 02:29 PM
bohlmeister
Horny for Offense!

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWoof View Post
haha. I remember watching that thinking "Oh no, they are getting close. When he has to reload he is ****ed......Here it comes. That must be 15 shots. Oh, he's still going? I don't see a belt clip hanging. Wow, he is still going! What kind of shotgun is he using? He is STILL firing! That old codger found an infinite ammo cheat, cool."

Old
11-28-2012, 02:40 PM
chuckdobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
here are some of my guesses for the finale (I havent read the comics up to this point yet so none of these are spoilers, just specualtion):

-Tyreese will be a prisoner in Woodburry and ends up saving Rick. To repay him, Rick brings Tyreese back to the prison

-walkers infest the prison somehow and one of the survivors gets lost. I'm going with Beth

-Axel or Oscar will be killed. My guess is Oscar since it seems like Tyreese will be introduced next episode and they only seem to want 1 main black guy in the series. Andrea ends up killing him without knowing who he's with. If it's Axel that ends up dying, he gets attacked by walkers after saving Beth in the prison

-Michonne has a fight with the Governer after she finds Penny. Crazy fight ensues after she kills Penny which ends up with Michonne getting the upper hand, but not killing the Governer.

-Daryl recues Maggie and Glen, however when they're trying to escape, Daryl gets left behind and ends up running into Merle. The Gov and his entourage walk in on these two having a heated discussion about what is going on and turn on Merle. Something to the effect that he's going to blame him for "allowing" Rick's group to break into Woodburry. He locks up Daryl and Merle

-right before the episode ends, The Gov shows Andrea who he captured (Daryl) to which she has a stupid, shocked look on her face

so in the end....

-Maggie and Glen reunite with Rick & Michonne and head back to the prison with Tyreese
-Oscar is killed (maybe Axel too)
-Beth goes missing
-Daryl is capture by The Gov
-The Gov turns on Merle
-Andrea is still dumb
-fans still are complaning because they didn't get to see Maggie's boobs
Please ensure we revisit this Sunday night. I like your style

Old
11-28-2012, 02:45 PM
chuckdobbins

Also keep in mind there could end up being 50+ Woodbury civilians that end up in the streets. It's going to be chaos. So the fact that the Woodbury army has more weaponry or strength in numbers won't mean much. If anything I think that will benefit Rick and the gang.

Old
11-28-2012, 03:07 PM
Mr Fahrenheit
Valar Morghulis

Ricks group can easily win with guerrilla warfare. I'd bet more Woodbury citizens get gunned down by their own guards then Ricks group loses

Old
11-28-2012, 04:15 PM
CanadianHockey
On the Alfie Wagon

vCash: 2391
Rick's group has been in more armed standoffs than the majority of Woodbury's citizens. I think at the very least we can agree on that.